• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You say that like anyone's trying to trick you
I doubt any of this indicates an announcement.

The only thing is Sakurai's input, but he's probably just excited and there might be an updated demo so he'd wanna show it off.
Yes, but people are still going to watch this with the expectation that something special will happen there, when nothing indicates it will.

They should just expect pro gameplay, no new characters, this way one can rest easier.

Tyrathius

Smash Cadet
Well, if it IS a new build, then the sprout item is likely in it. So we may find out if it's really from Golden Sun or not, at least.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
On the other hand, why would a 50 year old Frenchman care enough about a children's video game to want to **** Nintendo over with a leak? I also have no idea why someone of that demographic would use Snapchat enough to post Stories with "LOL" stickers and the like. The leak would be a lot more believable if it came from a 20 year old intern, not a 50 year old professional, which is why I'm holding onto my skepticism.
I know I failed to make this argument yesterday, but is there any proof that this French guy is actually responsible for the Snapchat? The nametag could have been edited. Hell, we haven't even seen the original video.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hi, welcome back, have a counterpoint
The comparison was posted before and people are ignoring it.

The banner after E3 is clearly different from E3's, and is very close to the leak's, with the leak's photo quality adding blotches just like with its characters.

https://trademarks.justia.com/752/97/banjo-75297133.html

Seems like Banjo Kazooie got trademarked or something with nintendo as a partner. I apologise if this has already been mentioned or isn't reliable.
I don't see where it lists Nintendo as a partner? I only see their name under "Trademark Owner History."

Last edited:

Smartiicals

Smash Cadet
I'm actually 90% certain it would be related to that, none of the other third parties had to do stuff like this, but if they were redistributing the rom for BK they likely would have to (since Nintendo is shown as the copyright holder in the N64 release).
I mean Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven and Mach Rider were all renewed around that space of like two weeks were they not? Hey, it could be a nod but I'm just speculating.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I'm just hoping everybody isn't going to go ballistic if it doesn't end up true. Which, considering detailed background analysis done by a professional graphics designer is calling it fake as well as insiders with spotless track records.... is more likely than some vocal individuals seem to think.

People need to keep an open mind and, most of all, be chill.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So Vergeben is now claiming Incineroar will be DLC. What strikes me as interesting is his wording, in that he wasn't actively denying the Grinch leak. His previous posts were just this leak not being what his sources told him, which is a much more fair approach than "Trust me guys, it's fake."
I looked into Vergeben's Gamefaqs posts and Mimique Discord to see if Verge actually said this.

I could not find anything about it. I think SegmentNext's source is horse****.

Last edited:

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
Why the leak is fake:

1) A gaijin owned character will never be playable smash. So Banjo is obviously fake.

2) Isaac was removed after brawl, never to return. Only reason smash community knows him is because of brawl. If he wasnt in brawl, he wouldnt even have fans. So clearly Isaac is fake.

3) Chorus kids - literally who?

4) Mach rider - fake. Clearly a product of the Fan rule of needing a retro character. Fake news.

5) Shadow the edge hog - gooby pls.

6) Ken - only included bc hes been speculated and leaked since forever.
Off topic of your post, Thought I was the only one that wanted Hayabusa

D

Deleted member

On the other hand, why would a 50 year old Frenchman care enough about a children's video game to want to **** Nintendo over with a leak? I also have no idea why someone of that demographic would use Snapchat enough to post Stories with "LOL" stickers and the like. The leak would be a lot more believable if it came from a 20 year old intern, not a 50 year old professional, which is why I'm holding onto my skepticism.
Because in all likelihood he wasn't trying to leak it. he probably didn't even know he had confidential information.

His story says "Lol **** Nintendo" if you're tired and overworked, and have a client who's being super anal and specific about their promo stuff, and you make a post ******** about that showing all the work you gotta go, are you really leaking anything? Not to your knowledge. That banner for Smash Bros has been seen for months now. He probably didn't know it gets updated with every new character reveal, and that there was still new characters to reveal.

That seems like a very plausible story all in all for a guy in his 50s. He was handed off a bunch of different promo stuff to do for different clients including Nintendo, and the Grinch stuff, and he was ******** in a Snapchat story to all his followers about all the work he has to do. Doubly so if you consider that he doesn't know English, so he's certainly not the guy behind the Chadnondorf leak either.

tsundoku

Smash Rookie
Hi, welcome back, have a counterpoint
im not concerned about an incredibly small castle the size of pichu which is probably there in all four versions. Im concerned with the cloud cover with really flat constrast lines that match the horizon on the real versions, and on the leak they go off at random angles and end in strange blob shapes where they were previously hidden by characters.

The island on the edge of the falls being completely covered by characters in the two main released banners and completely absent in the leak banner is the most damning.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Are you out of your mind?

So you're saying that we're paid off and that Nintendo would pay us to damage our reputations to say something was fake when it is going to turn out to be real?

That is some logic leap
You leak stuff for reputation, and you get that reputation thanks to your contacts with Nintendo.

You would lose much more reputation going against Nintendo.

Plus you already messed up SunMoon starters and (at least in Europe) is suspected that you were called to say so.

Please Joe, you wont remember me but I used to be on the same busines than you on the MsnGroups days :p

Tyrathius

Smash Cadet
Do we have proof that's actually from Vergeben? He usually posts himself when he has something new to say, and Incineroar really doesn't make sense as a DLC character IMO.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Yeah, but Pikachu embraces none of that in Smash. He functions like a mouse with electric powers. The closest he delves into regarding the cosplay form is a purely ascetic costume with no impact on his performance as a fighter.
Are you sure?

Also what I mentioned before is in the core series that more important than Smash, lol.

Last edited:

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
This whole thing is really reminding me of the ESRB leak. No, not in the way you guys are thinking, I mean that there's enough evidence in favor of this being fake but people are denying it because IT'S NOT WHAT THEY WANT TO BELIEVE.
When you're calling insiders liars and accuse them of doing damage control, it's proof there's no more evidence to latch on.
The problem is right now ALL of the evidence we have for it being fake regarding insiders is conjecture. We don't know what the insiders know. We don't know if they have legit information. We know they SAY they have legit information, but we don't know what that is. There absolutely is evidence to latch onto when it comes to this leak being real, but I think that people trying to tell insiders off doesn't prove or disprove anything.

We literally do not have enough information to make it go one way or the other still. While the insider knowledge is appreciated, we can't base it in evidence since we only have their word on it.

AustinMooMoo

Smash Rookie
Please try to take everything done by monetized channels and professional people with a grain of salt too. These days are a gold mine to get followes and subscribers, and the fake side is DESPERATE to get more proof because there is so little. Making fake videos with any straws they can say with remote evidence is a GOOD business decision so you have to take that with a sac of salt.

As far as I see it, I can see people thinking that until Nintendo says something we wont know for sure. It MIGHT happen, in a REALLY UNLIKELY, HEAVY PSICHOPATH scenario (impersonating a guy like this is beyond what anyone of us could consider "normal") but... yeah. ANyone saying that these renders don't prove anything I think is a big stretch of a statement.
So you're saying not to really take someone with extensive knowledge on a subject seriously because they are monetarily benefiting from it? vaanrose vaanrose did the same analysis minus the video and came up with extensive discrepancies with no monetary benefit, Artsy Omni just added to that. Those are just two people. The reason I credit Artsy Omni is because I know he has the further technical knowledge. There was nothing "Fake" about the video and no need to continue being dismissive. I agree that this will all be settled come November when (a) character(s) gets a reveal and we get the updated artwork.

Last edited:

Smartiicals

Smash Cadet
What I have found so far;

Banjo-Kazooie was trademarked on 2018-09-09 (Status date) as nintendo as a partner

Mach Rider was trademarked on 2018-05-11 (Status Date) with Nintendo as an owner.
https://trademarks.justia.com/736/57/mach-73657354.html

Golden Sun was trademarked on 2017-04-25 (Status Date) with Nintendo as an owner.
https://trademarks.justia.com/777/49/golden-77749719.html

Rhythm Heaven was trademarked on 2017-08-14 (Status Date) with nintendo as an owner.
https://trademarks.justia.com/775/83/rhythm-77583774.html

KMDP

Smash Legend
This whole thing is really reminding me of the ESRB leak. No, not in the way you guys are thinking, I mean that there's enough evidence in favor of this being fake but people are denying it because IT'S NOT WHAT THEY WANT TO BELIEVE.
When you're calling insiders liars and accuse them of doing damage control, it's proof there's no more evidence to latch on.
The big difference between ESRB and this leak is the big difference between Smash 4 and Ultimate.

People had their hopes high for Smash 4, made assumptions about the game's nature, and had those hopes dashed by the end result. In the end, Smash 4 was just another Smash game, and we thought it'd be more after we got Megaman.

In Ultimate's case, it has set the precedence for being "a Smash to please the fans" (Quote mine). We can't assume that they'd just stop at the final hurdle. In the end, this leak actually stacks up with all the other characters that we've seen previously (all cuts coming back, long time requests, a hugely popular contemporary character, old concepts coming back*).

*i.e. Ditto and Sukapon.

Obviously, the leak can be fake, 100%, but there's just as much going for it as there is making it seem fake.
Sure thing!

And now people can like it twice. :grin:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Untouch

Smash Master
Hey, you're right about that...
If you ask me, that makes this leak a bit more interesting
If fake, they were all registered after the post went up, the "leaker" may have based the fake around that.
It'd also explain why they state that ray-01 was cut, even though they wouldn't know this at all.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm hoping for the demo at the event to be an updated demo, because I hope some previously unseen final smashes end up on it, as well as K. Rool and Isabelle.

And the Belmonts.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
So people are going back to Team Fake after another day; how surprising.

This is just tiring. Can't wait for a couple more weeks to pass and finally get something else.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What I have found so far;

Banjo-Kazooie was trademarked on 2018-09-09 (Status date) as nintendo as a partner

Mach Rider was trademarked on 2018-05-11 (Status Date) with Nintendo as an owner.
https://trademarks.justia.com/736/57/mach-73657354.html

Golden Sun was trademarked on 2017-04-25 (Status Date) with Nintendo as an owner.
https://trademarks.justia.com/777/49/golden-77749719.html

Rhythm Heaven was trademarked on 2017-08-14 (Status Date) with nintendo as an owner.
https://trademarks.justia.com/775/83/rhythm-77583774.html

Okay, this is definitely suspicious now...
We simply can't ignore this...
Either the Ganondorf Leaker guy did his research, or these renewals could possibly be for Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom