• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Hey the first Despicable Me was decent!
The first Despicable Me serves as a well done movie, it’s just Illumination shifted focus to the minions after, so yeah.

Anyway, regardless of what the outcome is, I hope everyone still gets to enjoy this insane game when it releases.
As for the actual leak, I’m still feeling like my pic when it comes to the chances of my boys.
Either way, I got an improved and retooled Pikachu, ZSS, and Red so I’m happy regardless. Not to mention both Simon and Snake.
All in all, I hope you guys are still here in December.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just like people who are deadset on it being fake probably miss a character there.
I mean, yeah, see ESRB and smashchu, but I've already gotten what I wanted other than Bandana Dee, who I gave up hope for and Dante, who I don't realistically see happening. I just need the characters to sell themselves to me, and Mach ****ing Rider would be instant main material just for having a flying kick attack because my big toku brain goes "RAIDA KICKUU" so I feel this doesn't apply to me
Serebii himself said it. He doesn't leak stuff. Take that as you will :)

He might had in the past, but most of his sources are nintendo themselves. Is another marketing vector.
oh, so he MIGHT have info if you interpret his message of "I don't leak stuff because I don't have info and my fansite nearly got shutdown by Nintendo merely for reporting on a leak" as "I have information but don't leak it"

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Wait the Grinch comes out Nov 9th...

The next smash direct plays at the beginning of The Grinch. You have to go buy a ticket to The Grinch, in order to see the direct, calling it now.

Nintendo is gonna make illumination a ton of money even before they make the Mario movie hahaha (im kidding btw)

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Please provide me a counter for all the points, because so far all I see are individuals who want to believe a leak more so than they actually believe the leak.
No.
People have made several counterarguments to every single point. If you're still unaware of them, then you aren't paying attention.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
This Grinch stuff is a gift that keeps on giving.

lmao are people really thinking Serebii is being bribed to hold info? Y'all realize one of the biggest moments for his site was that it nearly got a C&D for something about Black and White right? I think he's got a good rep and is incredibly professional yet he's suddenly a part of all this mess because crazed people are insane
I've been following Serebii for more than a decade now, and I doubt there's anyone as professional and trustworthy as him in the whole industry.

Do we need yet another anime swordsman, though? :troll:
But this one turns into a dragon!
Oh wait

AustinMooMoo

Smash Rookie
In regards to the trademarks; please note that the insiders mentioned that the leak "doesn't completely match up" or is "practically wrong" which means maybe the leak does have come credence to it, but not 100% credence. Banjo could be in but his inclusion and say Mach Rider are not mutually exclusive. One can be in, and not the other. Just wanted to clear this up since many people are seeing the trademarks as a huge boosting factor to team real. Additionally, the trademarks aren't necessarily about smash, they could be for the rumored N64 console, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
If you say so. I completely disagree.

Why would the leaker delete the mouth, and make the fur less detailed that’s literally more work than just refusing available art, and for what purpose? To make people think it’s his back?

All for a Smash leak?

That isn’t going to make it fake my dude. Even if it is fake, this particular point doesn’t do it.
Never mind, I saw the mouth now. It may be my bad monitor but the colors just blent together.
Anyway, the fur is till cut, it's missing the shiny part at the border and this is especially noticeable in that part where the dark background is; you can see the lighter green part on his face but not on his border, meaning that it's not caused by the bad quality of the picture but it's actually missing.
The fur is cut because in the original artwork it's semitransparent and fades in the green background. When you cut the picture, it's impossible to keep the semi-transparent part and you need to cut it or else you will keep some background with it.
It's not additional work actually, it's something that you need to do in order to cut the character and paste it elsewhere.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
If I may ask, does it even matter that the Grinch materials are “never before seen” or not?

Why couldn’t a company be creating Grinch materials? That doesn’t immediately prove anything if i’m understanding this correctly.

It would have added credibility, but I don’t know how much it actively takes away besides removing the possibility that it’s original. If real, it’s just art that the printer was sent to, you know, print.
That's exactly the point. They are not creating the material, rather they get it sent to them.

For it to appear real, some of the material should have been classified before (because they are not public), and should be released AFTER the leak (therefore proving this person has higher level information about said things than us, making it possible).

That's why it's a point in its favor.

Untouch

Smash Master
If I may ask, does it even matter that the Grinch materials are “never before seen” or not?

Why couldn’t a company be creating Grinch materials? That doesn’t immediately prove anything if i’m understanding this correctly.

It would have added credibility, but I don’t know how much it actively takes away besides removing the possibility that it’s original. If real, it’s just art that the printer was sent to, you know, print.
The grinch promo material only matters if the company is working on both Nintendo stuff and Universal stuff, so like every piece of evidence for both sides we don't know yet.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

The next smash direct plays at the beginning of The Grinch. You have to go buy a ticket to The Grinch, in order to see the direct, calling it now.

Nintendo is gonna make illumination a ton of money even before they make the Mario movie hahaha (im kidding btw)
You wanna go with me?
You have to buy the popcorn though, ****'s expensive

And the tickets

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
And just like that Team real just got a massive boost... again. Trademarks are lining up and we know now Nintendo is handling some Grinch material.
(1) Multiple trademarks got renewed, not just the ones related to this leak and Smash. Wario Land was one of them.

(2) Illumination is sponsoring the whole event. It's not exclusive to just Nintendo.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The first Despicable Me serves as a well done movie, it’s just Illumination shifted focus to the minions after, so yeah.

Anyway, regardless of what the outcome is, I hope everyone still gets to enjoy this insane game when it releases.
As for the actual leak, I’m still feeling like my pic when it comes to the chances of my boys.
Either way, I got an improved and retooled Pikachu, ZSS, and Red so I’m happy regardless. Not to mention both Simon and Snake.
All in all, I hope you guys are still here in December.
I'll still be here in December! I don't know what i'll post about but i'll still be here!

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
No.
People have made several counterarguments to every single point. If you're still unaware of them, then you aren't paying attention.
Uhh...no they haven't. I've been following this thread all day for the last three days. The new company has no connection to Namco or Nintendo and no one can find one yet we're rolling with the assumption that they just happen to but we can't prove it, which to me is the biggest damning piece of evidence against this leak.

Similarly the Grinch being everywhere around Comic-con isn't shocking or unheard of when the movie releases in two weeks.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
I'd just stop responding to him. He ignores everyone with a logical counterpoint and doesn't understand what occams razor is. Everyone trying to call the leak fake keeps bringing up ridiculous things like this to tryband disprove it. This would be just another "ridiculous thing" the leaker would have to do if it was fake.

The grinch's mouth is there. It's blocked by a ****ing light glare lol. Why is someone going to shop that out?
No.
So.... where's the counterargument to the ridiculous idea of pointing out that you're trying to say a 50 year old with a family to feed who doesn't speak English posted on snapchat "**** Nintendo" with an accompanying emoji?

Pakky

Smash Hero
I kind of want to ignore everyone that's actually debating the leak so I can turn this thread into a handful of Grinchposters having meaningful discussion about the Grinch.
Do you think the Grinch shaves his arm pits?

*Tries to push thread into the toilet*

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
You wanna go with me?
You have to buy the popcorn though, ****'s expensive

And the tickets
Sure!

I mean legit I was not interested in the grinch movie and after all this I have an urge to go see it JUST for the potential smash jokes I could make while watching.

Noipoi

Howdy!

If any of you are sitting behind me I am not responsible for the things I do if you talk during the direct...

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
To me, Illumination's movies are visually pleasing (despite them all... kinda... looking the same) but the substance of the movies always leaves me kinda feeling empty because it's never really great.

Like a lot of AAA video games nowadays.
I feel the same, Illumination movies are okay for what they are, but they usually lack soul. I would've loved to see Laika Studios (or anyone else tbh) handle the Mario movie, but I can see why Nintendo went with Illumination. They're a money-making machine.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I kind of want to ignore everyone that's actually debating the leak so I can turn this thread into a handful of Grinchposters having meaningful discussion about the Grinch.
It's kinda really easy to do.
Sakurai is the Grinch, so it's still related anywyay!

D

Deleted member

I mean legit I was not interested in the grinch movie and after all this I have an urge to go see it JUST for the potential smash jokes I could make while watching.
I made a joke about organizing a carpool for the Grinch in my Smash discord, and at least 2 other people are seriously interested. This is the best timeline.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm leaning towards real but I am always open to the possibility of it being fake.

Pretty sure this would be the most elaborate hoax in video game history if it's fake.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Please provide me a counter for all the points, because so far all I see are individuals who want to believe a leak more so than they actually believe the leak.
Okay

If the Grinch render isn't the back then what does this leak have left?

-Characters too hard to move -> proven false
-Empty battlefield -> disproved
-New Grinch renders ->disproved twice over
-Company and person have connections to Namco -> disproved like three times over.
-New company sorta does the same thing -> no connection can be found to Nintendo or Namco.

Meanwhile every insider is coming out of the woodwork to disprove it.
- Was proven to be too hard to move and look well by a Reddit post that was posted here not too long ago. He tried moving the characters around and ended up overlapping nearly all of them and messing up many times because it's too complicated. He concluded the person is either a master grade artist, insane, or the banner is real. So not "disproven".
In fact, it's quite the opposite:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...f_the_leaked_mural/?utm_source=reddit-android

- the background is different, that's all. "Disproven", it is not.

- still exists and are present in the leak. It was never claimed to be new or original, random people started doing that, so you have no idea what you are getting at. "Disproven" it is not

- Uh, he worked for that company 2 years ago. They are not responsible for the leak. The place he works at now has not responded, at all. So "disproven" it is not.

- exactly my point

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Never mind, I saw the mouth now. It may be my bad monitor but the colors just blent together.
Anyway, the fur is till cut, it's missing the shiny part at the border and this is especially noticeable in that part where the dark background is; you can see the lighter green part on his face but not on his border, meaning that it's not caused by the bad quality of the picture but it's actually missing.
The fur is cut because in the original artwork it's semitransparent and fades in the green background. When you cut the picture, it's impossible to keep the semi-transparent part and you need to cut it or else you will keep some background with it.
It's not additional work actually, it's something that you need to do in order to cut the character and paste it elsewhere.
This could all be done even if it's official.

Also:

https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...rs-leaks-ahead.434391/page-6287#post-22600881

This is for a specially-made decoration; it's not just the front or back, it's both at once put together. With the dog being on his back, it's a silly prop for marketing or even a theater; both sides would probably be pushed together like flaps, and be set somewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom