• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Series Confessions

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I have been on Smashboards for ten years and have played all the official smashes since 64. I must confess that currently I don't own a single smash and have not played any smash since....**gasp** 2012 !!!! Hopefully that will change real soon....REAL SOON !

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I have been on Smashboards for ten years and have played all the official smashes since 64. I must confess that currently I don't own a single smash and have not played any smash since....**gasp** 2012 !!!! Hopefully that will change real soon....REAL SOON !
Sir, I present to you your first like.

I like Falco, but I hate his playstyle.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I would support a non-videogame character if they had a connection to Nintendo. IE James Bond.

D

Deleted member

Ever since Melee, I've had a huge crush on Fox and Bowser because of how detailed they looked.

Bowser's muscles....Fox's fur and accent....:love:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Ever since Melee, I've had a huge crush on Fox and Bowser because of how detailed they looked.

Bowser's muscles....Fox's fur and accent....:love:
Speaking of accents...

Falco and Shulk's accents are my guilty pleasures.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I would support a non-videogame character if they had a connection to Nintendo. IE James Bond.
It's worth noting that there was a poll among Sakurai's team to see what characters they wanted in 64, with Old Rareware's depiction of him scoring rather high alongside Banjo and Kazooie.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It's worth noting that there was a poll among Sakurai's team to see what characters they wanted in 64, with Old Rareware's depiction of him scoring rather high alongside Banjo and Kazooie.
I remember that!

infomon

Smash Scientist
I've played every smash competitively, but I was never a fan of Melee's controls. Tap-jump was the worst, but I just don't really like the gamecube controller.

For Brawl, I played classic controller on wii, but always kinda worried about batteries / interference lag. So now I'm stuck re-learning how to use the GC controller for smash4. I was hoping for a better wired option.

Last edited:

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
Items are probably one of my favorite parts of a good Smashing. Mr. Saturn is my favorite just because it humiliates people so bad when they get hit by him.
Here's a bigger one:
Once upon a time I lived in South Carolina with only one friend. Smash 64 was my favorite thing in the world. My friend's older brother stole it from me and sold it to one of his friends. When I moved outta there, I stole his favorite game. I still have his Mario Kart 64 cartridge and I always get a devilish grin whenever I play it. I know it's bad, but I'm never gonna be sorry.

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
(First time posting!)

-I used to think Bowser's running animation was wavedashing because it looked like he was riding a wave.
-I still am not entirely sure what wavedashing is or how to do it.
-In the original game, I didn't know who Ness was and I thought he may have been a demon disguised as a human and his ash face from his intro animation was meant to be a glimpse of his true form.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
I can't wavedash, and I don't see the reason in doing so, even if it does have its uses.
I often call things by their official names instead of the more commonly used terms (e.g. strong attack rather than tilt attack).

infomon

Smash Scientist
(First time posting!)

-I used to think Bowser's running animation was wavedashing because it looked like he was riding a wave.
-In the original game, I didn't know who Ness was and I thought he may have been a demon disguised as a human and his ash face from his intro animation was meant to be a glimpse of his true form.
Lol that ash-Ness = demon thing is amazing. Welcome to the 'boards!

wavedash = in melee, jump and immediately (like before you even lift off the ground) airdodge into the ground and at an angle. You will slide along the ground but still be able to use attacks as you move. It's quite subtle and difficult to notice at first but becomes a useful tool for manoeuverability.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
(First time posting!)
It's an unintended feature in which characters skid while acting like they are standing still. Hold the stick to a bottom corner (horizontally whichever way you want to move), and then press Y and L in quick succession.
EDIT: Factual correction.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
UPDATE: I now have 11 variations of U.N. Owen Was Her? remixes in my modded Brawl music list.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Brawl was the first and only smash game I got.
I use wiimote and nunchuk and have grown so used to them I'm much worse if I try to use a GameCube controller.
And the worst of all...
I wanted dark pit as playable character in smash 4.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
It's like a New York accent.
I thought it was Brooklyn...

I have wanted Travis Touchdown as a character since NMH happened.
Thanks to an offhand comment, I now expect rayman to be a dlc character.
I still believe that the best move In brawl was ganondorf's uair. Tipman ftw.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
-Ever since Robin and Lucina were confirmed for Smash, a large outburst of Robin/Lucina fanart and stuff has broken out, more than before. It annoys me, frankly, when people say they're canon.

Gamecube

Smash Cadet
I hate fox in brawl. I hate his design, how he sounds, and i especially hate that his pants go up into his butt like a pervert. Same with the 3ds version

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
-Ever since Robin and Lucina were confirmed for Smash, a large outburst of Robin/Lucina fanart and stuff has broken out, more than before. It annoys me, frankly, when people say they're canon.
Well, they may not be canon, but Mrobin/Lucina and Frobin/Chrom are definitely the in-game pairings most people chose in Awakening.

ncepulo

Smash Rookie
Only have/played Brawl
Only knew all the Mario cast, all the Pokémon cast, all the Kirby cast, Link, Zelda, the subseries Mario characters, Sonic, Fox, and Samus at 14 years old
Got the game last Christmas, knowing almost nothing about it
First fighting game
"Mains" Lucas and Ike
Has 20+ perverted photos (mostly lesbian Peach pics)
Other photos are either humorous or graphically beautiful
Joined the fanbase shortly after I got the game
Wanted Yugi to use Dark Magician (his favorite card, could use dark/magic based attacks), Dark Magician Girl (love magic, plus she's sexy), and Celtic Guardian (looks almost exactly like Link and is a swordsman, plus Yugi's go-to guy in early episodes) to replace Snake as a Konami rep
Thought Marth was a girl and thought his series was named Earthbound
Thought Captain Falcon was from Star Fox
Thought the characters weren't as old as they really were
Not competitive at all
Liked the SSE as a Kirby fan and upset it's not returning
Doesn't use technical skills and trains with CPUs
Not getting a 3ds until november, so this will be my first next-gen console game!

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
-Never fought Giga Bowser in Melee
-Never beat all events in Melee
-May have played Giant Brawl with items on high, super mushrooms and lightning only, just to get close ups of the female characters.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Only have/played Brawl
Only knew all the Mario cast, all the Pokémon cast, all the Kirby cast, Link, Zelda, the subseries Mario characters, Sonic, Fox, and Samus at 14 years old
Got the game last Christmas, knowing almost nothing about it
First fighting game
"Mains" Lucas and Ike
Has 20+ perverted photos (mostly lesbian Peach pics)
Other photos are either humorous or graphically beautiful
Joined the fanbase shortly after I got the game
Wanted Yugi to use Dark Magician (his favorite card, could use dark/magic based attacks), Dark Magician Girl (love magic, plus she's sexy), and Celtic Guardian (looks almost exactly like Link and is a swordsman, plus Yugi's go-to guy in early episodes) to replace Snake as a Konami rep
Thought Marth was a girl and thought his series was named Earthbound
Thought Captain Falcon was from Star Fox
Thought the characters weren't as old as they really were
Not competitive at all
Liked the SSE as a Kirby fan and upset it's not returning
Doesn't use technical skills and trains with CPUs
Not getting a 3ds until november, so this will be my first next-gen console game!
Only 20+? I have a 300+ pictures.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
> I have no idea how to wavedash, but when I saw it in action for the first time in a youtube video, I instantly despised it.
> When I first got Project: M, I liked it... But the more I played it, the more I began to hate it.
> I always wished for stages to cross over like they did in PS All Stars.

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
I actually did not know how to perform smashes in 64, although my excuses are that I just immigrated 2 years before and literally had no English on my belt, not to mention I was only 6.

It took months before I accidentally did my first smash; I remember I went and discovered every characters' smash attacks right after that glorious moment.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • It irks me when fanfics are set in the "Smash Mansion" or "Nintendo City" or the like. It doesn't help that most Smash fics are like this.
  • I was still uncertain about getting this game until the new info revealed in the recent premiere event proved beyond all doubt that Sakurai is, in fact, definitely ashamed of Brawl. Now I'm really feeling it and nothing can stop me.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I was skeptical, but every grievance with Brawl seems to have been addressed. Aerial lag is a non-issue save with very few moves, ledge stalling is impossible, :4metaknight: has been nerfed fifteen ways to hell...

Also, [bonus points make a triumphant return].

Last edited:

RaikoTheSaikou

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaikoTheHedgehog
I've played competitively for quite a while now and seem to just very well...But i almost never use tilt attacks
When i'm playing i like using the controller in a somewhat aggressive way so it's hard for me to tilt without accidentally dashing,
I'm hoping to get out of this annoying habit when Smash for Wii U comes out.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I was skeptical, but every grievance with Brawl seems to have been addressed. Aerial lag is a non-issue save with very few moves, ledge stalling is impossible, :4metaknight: has been nerfed fifteen ways to hell...

Also, [bonus points make a triumphant return].
Wouldn't say that means that he's ashamed of Brawl, since this keeps a ton of things from it and fixes many of Melee's problems.

Ledges are basically fixed, characters don't fall like bricks, it isn't as hard to play...
Yaknow, Melee's problems.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
> I have no idea how to wavedash, but when I saw it in action for the first time in a youtube video, I instantly despised it.
> When I first got Project: M, I liked it... But the more I played it, the more I began to hate it.
> I always wished for stages to cross over like they did in PS All Stars.
Yes. Give me a Animal Crossing x Madworld stage please!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
  • I'm really sad that since those leaks are shaping up to be real, Wolf, Lucas, and Snake are most likely gone. Ice Climbers too, especially since they've been around for two Smash installments.
  • I would be totally ok with Smash DLC for missing veterans and new characters too (namely, the middle character in my spoiler tag in my sig. I can dream ok?)
  • Costume and music DLC (at least for the Wii U in the latter's case) sounds like a great idea to me too.
  • I used to be against the Duck Hunt character but he's kinda grown on me now that I've pretty much accepted him being in.
  • I ...secretly want shirtless alts of Link, Captain Falcon and Ike. >_> at least there's one of Shulk...
And here's a depressing confession:
I was introduced to Smash via Brawl at a social group by someone who used to go there that, sadly to say, is no longer my friend as of this May. :c

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I know the characters that aren't on the leaked CSS. I would tell you them, but I love watching you guys squirm!!!

Top Bottom