• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Series Confessions

Chocobo Link

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4253-3960-6377
-As a kid, I preferred Pichu over Pikachu in Melee
-I like Lucas over Ness, because I like that Lucas is slower, which is why he's my secondary main over Ness in Brawl
-I had nightmares about Crazy Hand as a kid
-Melee introduced me to the Zelda series
-I liked the Subspace Emissary
-I like Melee over Brawl mainly based on nostalgic reasons
-I never thought Marth was a girl and whoever thought he was needs glasses
-Ridley is a terrible choice for a playable character imho

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
When I first got Melee, I didn't know a single character who wasn't from a Mario or Pokemon game.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
As ticked about Lucina and Dark Pit I may be, I'm happy for Dr. Mario's return on principle, as I don't think any veteran should ever be cut, period.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
  • I never care about competitive anything for Smash - I play with Link or Zelda with items on and on the gimmickiest stages
  • I really liked the SSE until Kirby and DDD became the absolute saviors of the world
  • I hate to play against other people - I'd rather play against the CPU or on teams with my friends
  • I love most of the FE characters, but I don't know a thing about their games

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
  • I never care about competitive anything for Smash - I play with Link or Zelda with items on and on the gimmickiest stages
  • I really liked the SSE until Kirby and DDD became the absolute saviors of the world
  • I hate to play against other people - I'd rather play against the CPU or on teams with my friends
  • I love most of the FE characters, but I don't know a thing about their games
Fix this. Now. Go play Awakening. It's on sale.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • I actually liked the Kirby elements in SSE. I thought Kirby's involvement was funny and clever (though I agree the dragoon was out of place), and Dedede's involvement was interesting and sympathetic.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
There was a phase when Random was my main in Brawl. That was the worst since I never got good with anyone xD

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
  • I usually main low tier characters. (Ike, link, zelda, samus, sonic )
  • Although I do like tournaments. I'm not too competitive.
  • I used to have this mini-game kind of stage I made in the Stage builder which consisted of a box. Time was set to 1:00 and the stage consisted of a large box with only one entrance/exit on the side. All players must get in when the game starts and try not to launch anyone off stage. Which was already hard. Anyone pushed off stage won't be able to join the main reason of the stage which is the sudden death. Sudden deaths included Bob-ombs if the sudden death was for too long. At the start of the sudden death everyone had to go in the box and fight in there while Bob-ombs kept launching everyone around. The % got to ridiculous numbers. So ridiculous that the game couldn't even comprehend it and people were sometimes launched out from the box ignoring the walls.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I also tend to get slighty annoyed when people don't ship :4robinm: and :4lucina:. I'm becoming one of those shippers at a slow, but not too slow, pace.

Last edited:

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
  • I hate to play as Mario, Dr.Mario feels better imo.
  • Luigi is my only good character.
  • I never really liked Melee that much. I think Brawl just feels better.
  • I looked under Peach's skirt as a kid. (pls don't kill me)
  • I like Ganon over Ike.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Also, I don't care who gets included through DLC as long as I get Mewtwo. Be it Ridley or K.Rool.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm actually reeeeeealy tired of looking at Default Villager's face. I'd make him my punching bag if I wasn't so fed up with his stupid face.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I find it kind of sexist, 'ya know? Robin can be both male and female.
Still, :4robinf: is the alt if the CSS is anything to go by.
Also, this is referring to a person who only uses she to refer to Robin. I tend to use s/he.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
- I believe that the biggest problem in Smash Community is that there are people who feel they have a sense of entitlement. Like, they believe Sakurai must listen to them or else. ((Look at a certain banned Ridley extremist if you don't understand what I mean.))
- I don't like it when people ship :4robinm: and :4lucina:. I always viewed that ship as weird because Lucina is Chrom's daughter.
- I believe that K. Rool needs to worry about getting back into his own franchise before EVER getting considered for Smash.
- I don't understand why people get so upset about 3 clones in a 51 character roster, yet are perfectly fine with Melee's 6 clones in a 26 character roster.
- I believe that when a character gets cut, there's always a good reason for it... Even if it upsets me. ((Still miss Lucas, but we got so much more in return.))

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The fact that he approves of it makes it even more weird to me.
Hey, when the other options are her insane cousin, a wannabe playboy, a antisocial jerka**, Spock, a wuss, and the guy who saved your life way more than you can count, who would you pick?

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I picked the wuss...
Lucina x Yarne OTP. :happysheep:
Really? He's always my daughter's manslave husband.
F!MorganxYarne FTW
I always have her marry him whenever I play as :4robinf:. Except for that one time where :4robinf: married Gragnel. Wonder how Chrom felt about Gragnel being his brother-in-law.

Last edited:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
- I never heard of Smash Bros tier lists until 2010.
- I never knew Smash Bros even had a competitive scene unil 2011.
- I really like the Miis, specifically the Gunner.
- I never knew Samus was a girl until Brawl. I actually thought she was just a genderless robot.
- ...I used to be the Pikachu down special spammer I now hate so much.
- Even though Brawl's online was super laggy, I played over 24,000 matches on it, and I noticed that 8 months before the wifi shutdown. Don't know how much I have now.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
- I never heard of Smash Bros tier lists until 2010.
- I never knew Smash Bros even had a competitive scene unil 2011.
- I really like the Miis, specifically the Gunner.
- I never knew Samus was a girl until Brawl. I actually thought she was just a genderless robot.
- ...I used to be the Pikachu down special spammer I now hate so much.
- Even though Brawl's online was super laggy, I played over 24,000 matches on it.
I played, like ten.

Walfan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Walfan
3DS FC
1719-3715-3474
Why? What pronoun should they use? zhe?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-specific_and_gender-neutral_pronouns#Modern_solutions

There's not a lot of good options unfortunately.... lolz.
Male Robin is the poster boy just like WFT is the poster girl. Not a big deal really but it does feel like forced feminist nonsense.

- I think Ridley shouldn't be playable as he looks like a stupid purple pterodactyl, and would rather have one of the hunters or Rundas.
- I broke a controller out of rage when I was a kid in Melee.
- I loved the SSE in Brawl.
- I only ever play two or three characters each game, the others are just here for the very occasional play for fun.
- I never used Sonic in Brawl, outside of the single player modes to get his trophies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Male Robin is the poster boy just like WFT is the poster girl. Not a big deal really but it does feel like forced feminist nonsense.

- I think Ridley shouldn't be playable as he looks like a stupid purple pterodactyl, and would rather have one of the hunters or Rundas.
- I broke a controller out of rage when I was a kid in Melee.
- I loved the SSE in Brawl.
- I only ever play two or three characters each game, the others are just here for the very occasional play for fun.
- I never used Sonic in Brawl, outside of the single player modes to get his trophies.
ZERO SUIT SAMUS IS DEGRADING TO WOMEN!!! FASHDVA

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • I avoid characters unlikely to return or likely to significantly change in future installments so I don't waste practice. This includes: P:M Pokémon/Lucas/Mario (formerly)/Snake/Roy/(now) Ice Clinbers, and SSB4's clones, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.

Last edited:

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
I've been under the assumption my entire life that both Saki Amamiya and Takamuru were girls.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Still, :4robinf: is the alt if the CSS is anything to go by.
Also, this is referring to a person who only uses she to refer to Robin. I tend to use s/he.
Ah, I see. That's alright then. :)

-I hated Duck Hunt Dog at first. Now I flubbin' love him. He's so cute!
-It annoys me when people say DHD replaced Ice Climbers, or that he is a better retro rep than them. I may love DHD, but Nana and Popo will always come first in terms of retro reps for me.
-I could care less about Ridley and King K. Rool.
-Like a few others, K. Rool needs to worry about getting into his own games before even considering Smash.
-I believe that Ice Climbers will come back in the next instalment.
-I find the die-hard Ridley fans annoying.
-The term 'relevancy' is tossed around so much nowadays.
-No matter how much Marth is nerfed, I will always main him, and he will remain my top favourite Smash character.
-I don't care what anyone says, Smash Bros is the best fighter game ever.

Top Bottom