• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH OR DIE IV (April 22 in Lithonia GA) THE RISE OF CHADDD!!!

Eugenio

Smash Lord

April 22 @ 12pm
Bring your own controller

6981 Main St.
Lithonia, GA
770-482-1411

www.gamersxperience.com

use mapquest if you have to

GAMERS XPERIENCE
Directions
Our Address: 6981 Main St.
Lithonia, GA 30058

We can be easily found using MapQuest.

From Conyers

1. Take I-20 west to Evans Mill Rd. exit #74
2. Make a right at the light
3. Go through the second light (covington hwy.)
4. We are 1/2 mile on your right (before railroad tracks)

From Atlanta

1. Take I-20 east to Evans Mill Rd. exit #74
2. Make a left at the second light (Evans Mill Rd.)
3. Cross under overpass.
4. Go through the second light (covington hwy.)
5. We are 1/2 mile on your right (before railroad tracks)

From Stonecrest Mall

1. Turn left onto Turner Hill Rd.
2. Turn left onto Covington Hwy (first light after I-20 overpass)
3. Turn right at second light
4. We are 1/2 mile on your right (before railroad tracks)

Fee
Door Fee $2
1v1 Entree Fee $10
2v2 Entree Fee $20($10 each)

Tournament begins @12:00pm

Prize$
1v1 Winners
1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%

2v2 Winners
1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%

-8% will be taken from each pot before it is broken down into winnings

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

singles random select stages
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Rainbow Cruise
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
DK64

banned stages
Yoshi’s Island
Fourside
Hyrule Temple
Flatzone
Brinstar Depths
Icicle Mountain
Big Blue
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Venom
Yoshi's Island 64
Peach’s Castle
Kongo Jungle
Onett

banned only for doubles
Fountain of dreams
Mute city

counterpick stages

Corneria
Planet Zebes
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Mute City
Poké Floats
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Kongo Jungle 64

rules
- The higher seed has first choice for their seat(s) and controller port(s). The higher seeded team has first choice for their team color. Teams must sit together on one side or the other. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in a specific bracket, the winner of the 1st series will have seat and controller choice.

- After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series. The lower seeded player must make their banned stage choice first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be banned.

- After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

- For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

- During Championship Bracket competitions, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.

- If players/teams meet for a 2nd time either Championship Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 11, include the previous series, and pick up where that series left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player leading 3 games to 0. The loser of the 1st series will choose the stage for the 1st game of the 2nd series and players may call for a double-blind pick before any game throughout the best of 11.

- If the players/teams meeting in the Finals have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins the first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
hey, what are you going to use to seed singles? teams placings?

if it looks like this tourney is going to be fairly professional i'll ask off of work ( i don't want to go down in the power rankings lol)

_SDBwes

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Depends if I am still out of it from my birthday, cause my B-Day is the 20th, and I turn 18 *****es >.< but meh yeah I might be here....

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
banned stages
Yoshi’s Island
Fourside
Hyrule Temple
Flatzone
Planet Zebes
Brinstar Depths
Icicle Mountain
Big Blue
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Venom
Yoshi's Island 64
Peach’s Castle
Kongo Jungle
Onett

I disagree with banning Zebes and Peach's Castle, but whatevs.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Erm... I'd say Fox would dominate simply b/c of the wall infinite and his overall.. well if you even have a decent fox you should already know why it is banned. The low ceiling doesn't help the case. Peaches Castle = Neo Onett. :ohwell:

I honestly can see Zebes b/c I find it anti- anyone not a floaty.(Ditto what 112 said. )

However, it is their tourney and they can run it how they feel is best for them.

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
Erm... I'd say Fox would dominate simply b/c of the wall infinite and his overall.. well if you even have a decent fox you should already know why it is banned. The low ceiling doesn't help the case. Peaches Castle = Neo Onett. :ohwell:

I honestly can see Zebes b/c I find it anti- anyone not a floaty.(Ditto what 112 said. )

However, it is their tourney and they can run it how they feel is best for them.
D@mn right. ;)

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'll try to make this. Remember, this is the date Pokemon is released...Can I maybe get a ride...?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Oh darnit...I've been practicing on Peach's Castle like a G....Now I have to get used to Pokemon Stadium again...Oh well. Fox FTW

GAwes

Hidden Boss
man i haven't been to a tourney in a while, i wonder how rusty i am. guess we'll have to see in 3 weeks. i expect a ganon of some sort winning this. . . just a guess though

BlaqToken

Smash Rookie
I'm new to Atlanta but I'll try and make it. Do you guys play in between tourneys?

Prac352

Smash Lord
But Zebes is my counterpick . . .

I'll show, not that I'm noteworthy or anything.

Jx31

Smash Ace
If I feel good about finals coming up to this event I will go, though, I may not have a car by that time :urg: .

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I'm new to Atlanta but I'll try and make it. Do you guys play in between tourneys?
yo man, hit me up on aim sometime at Cross the walls , yeah, we play in between tournies here at GSU usually on weds and i'm down for smash if you are around the newnan area thurs. nights as well for the most part

Ares726

Smash Ace
If Brinstar is banned, I'm not coming (period). Samus needs the +10 boost from the level, everyone needs to hear the awesome music, and I counterpick that stage against some characters. Peach's Castle should be banned because Fox should never lose on that stage. Everyone has an equal chance on Brinstar. Plus, it takes Wobbling out (kind of).

Real Talk:
I don't know if I'll be able to come because my girlfriend's prom is the day before this. But seriously, don't ban Brinstar (or Zebes as the cool kids are calling it).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Samus needs the +10 boost from the level, everyone needs to hear the awesome music, and I counterpick that stage against some characters. Peach's Castle should be banned because Fox should never lose on that stage. Everyone has an equal chance on Brinstar. Plus, it takes Wobbling out (kind of).
Seconded. Banning Brinstar is a joke; it's a great level, and not unbalanced by any means.

02:07 into the match, I start humming viciously, and the match gets so much more intense. The music is incredibly top tier.

BlaqToken

Smash Rookie
Seconded. Banning Brinstar is a joke; it's a great level, and not unbalanced by any means.

02:07 into the match, I start humming viciously, and the match gets so much more intense. The music is incredibly top tier.
I'm for it being banned. No reason really, just want to be difficult.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I can't say I'm overly fond of Brinstar, but the map isn't any more broken than the space animals that it helps destroy. Besides, you could call stalling on anyone who played like a *** on the stage.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Could this strange new ban be based off of an underlying fear that was called out during snowday during doubles loser's finals? . . . Eh Renegade? . . . Maybe a tragic 5 stocking? . . .No of course not, that couldn't be it.

BlueJim

Smash Apprentice
stop making tournements on Sundays you *******s...**** it I hate all of you...you can all go **** yourselves...thats right...hot nasty sex...with yourselves...mmm I know you're thinkin about it...make it Saturday...or Friday...or I will hate all of you forever

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
stop making tournements on Sundays you *******s...**** it I hate all of you...you can all go **** yourselves...thats right...hot nasty sex...with yourselves...mmm I know you're thinkin about it...make it Saturday...or Friday...or I will hate all of you forever
Cmon Sunday rocks Jim, you gotta make it d00d. Cuse I don't want you to go around hating me forever, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. ;(

Eugenio

Smash Lord
I disagree with banning Zebes and Peach's Castle, but whatevs.
...why are zebes and peach's castle banned?
Im not sure why Zebes is
banned
But Zebes is my counterpick . . .

I'll show, not that I'm noteworthy or anything.
If Brinstar is banned, I'm not coming (period). Samus needs the +10 boost from the level, everyone needs to hear the awesome music, and I counterpick that stage against some characters.
Could this strange new ban be based off of an underlying fear that was called out during snowday during doubles loser's finals? . . . Eh Renegade? . . . Maybe a tragic 5 stocking? . . .No of course not, that couldn't be it.
....... wow... I'm sorry guys, I dunno what I was thinking. I think I might have been high and drunk when I made that first post, because I banned planet Zebes. I can't remember when Iv'e been to a tournament and haven't seen almost every match taking place on planet zebes. I would set zebes to random but a tournament that raw would attract far too many people.

I, the all powerful poop paladin, here by unban planet zebes in all its glory and justice.

Top Bottom