• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Announcements Galore! Watch Here

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Also, where did they mention Snake again? I might have not been paying much attention from all the hype or just missed it.

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
Well i am quite satisfied with the ungodly amount of content Smash 4: Wii U has! I understand that the main problems in the gameplay will still exist like the lame rolls and air dodges being spammed combos being very hard to execute, shields being too strong blah blah blah ect but whatever im not here to gripe about those things.

But the fact that we get mewtwo as DLC YESSSSSS. Although im kinda sad for ridley i wasnt exactly a "fan" But hes still a villian and a good one at that plus hes a Metroid character he would of been a cool character but i guess thats the way the cookie crumbles. Hopefully we can get King K Rool, Lucas, and Wolf because Mewtwo proves if your just a trophy you still gotta chance!

On one hand 8 player smash looks like super tons of fun! so much potential for tourneys and out right fun such a great idea looking forward to it!

On the other hand that whole board game thing just looks pretty dumb i do like the idea of collecting random fighter teams and duking it out with them but the rest of the gamemode it running around on some board as ugly miis plus i absolutely hate those custom power ups like speed attack defence. Why do we need to power up our characters? thats just so stupid i hope u could play around with the options in the board game mode but smash run couldnt do that and that made it kinda lame so im not keeping my hopes up.

Im not sure if i like amiibos or not i do love the idea of having MY own character but once again those stupid power ups gotta ruin everything. Like you actually gotta "feed" them to make them stronger like some kind of damn neopet lmao. To clarify things i dont like these "custom" powers because they make a normal fun match seem like special smash and its gonna end up like playing fast smash mode with 2.0 damage ratio its just ridiculous and not all that fun maybe it could be balance but i doubt it. I guess they could be fun if only amiibos are fighting amiibos and im pretty sure thats exactly what they are meant for. But then again if you have a lvl 20 and you friend has a lvl 50 your most likely gonna get bopped which is kinda lame but ill just wait and see before i buy any

2 Player classic is pretty sweet. and those Master Orders n Crazy Orders look pretty neat too.

All and all the wii u version kicks the outmost CRAP outta the 3DS version like seriously i already got bored of the 3ds version and just play Fire Emblem Awakening instead (Such a fantastic game!) but yeah so much for sakurai getting rid of the ice climbers because he thought just putting them on the wii u version would make one version better then the other then he goes out of his way to stockpile the wii u version full of EVERYTHING while the 3DS version has streetpass smash (lol), a meh classic mode, cruddy stages, less of pretty much everything, and smash run (which i was super hyped for) that turned out to be pretty lame like seriously no options menu to increase the time limit or give us hints of what game mode is at the end of the game like Kirby Air Ride? "sigh"

Oh yeah and one mooooore thing Jackieee! (hope someone gets that..) I was pleasantly surprised with a tidbit on the online mode for the Wii U version that you can play against random people with a friend! this made me happy but have questions too hope some of you folks can answer a few for me like by two players they obviously meant 2 players on a console can play against 2 players online just like on mortal kombat 9 BUT i wanted to know if you could do the same online like you and a online friend can face random people? Im not counting on it but it would be fun! If not ill just try to ask peeps on miiverse to battle us or somthing lol but i just hope 4 player and team battle for glory will finally have stocks not freaking time. Also about tourneys the online ones sound awesome im just wondering if they are gonna be actually themed like real smash tourneys with a loser bracket and all that probs not but it would be cool.

And thats my exhausting long comment kudos to anyone who read the whole thing! Pretty hyped for the wii u version cant wait with that im off come my mains! :4pit::4diddy::4metaknight::4bowser::4dedede::4shulk::4robinm::4rob: (Hopefully king k rool will be part of that list soon!)

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
The extra materials sold for Smash Wii U are not REQUIRED to play, they are added to accommodate people who don't want to learn a new controller.
As if though the other controllers aren't inherently inferior. Everyone knows you need a gamecube controller to play the game like it's meant to be played, get real.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
If Smash 4 gets a perfect 10/10, I probably wouldn't be surprised. Let's just hope that DLC characters don't actually cost money, I'm fine with extra stages costing money though.

:drohyou:

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
Get real, stop being a fanboy.
Or... You could provide some factual logical evidence to your statement. The game does not cost more than 60$ to play. You don't NEED to buy more controllers to play it. What the hell do you want? Them to give free controllers with the game? That doesn't even make sense and its not an issue exclusive to smash brothers, it applies to every multiplayer video game ever made. Wow, Nintendo sure is corrupt!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As if though the other controllers aren't inherently inferior. Everyone knows you need a gamecube controller to play the game like it's meant to be played, get real.
I didn't know the Gamepad, the controller packaged with every Wii U system, has less buttons than the Gamecube controller and no C-Stick!
Golly, I don't think any controller has 4 shoulder buttons, not even the Gamecube! *Cough*
*Cough* :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
People in this thread should take a look at this video:
Some people has some problems and should change their behaviour =/

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
If Smash 4 gets a perfect 10/10, I probably wouldn't be surprised. Let's just hope that DLC characters don't actually cost money, I'm fine with extra stages costing money though.

:drohyou:
I've seen many of these comments everywhere wanting the DLC-characters to be free. ...I understand that it's better for consumers when those are free, but the company needs money for their work.

It's like you showing up an extra day at work... and not getting paid for that said work. You wouldn't like it, right? ...so you should pay for the DLC and be happy when you can get it for free as a bonus.

I know Mewtwo isn't fully free... as you have to get both versions (or pay separately?) But this is a word that's lacking in English, a word that some other languages has (for example: Swedish).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And the Greninja fanboys can finally eat some Guplins and quit it with the tears jokes since the real Pokemon fighter is back in the house. Mewtwo is much more superior compared to the poor man's Dororo that was "lucky" to join the battle. :troll:

Mindsnipe

Smash Rookie
So let's see, if you already own BOTH a Wii U and a 3DS the cost to enjoy the full game with gamecube controllers is now what? 200 dollars (lan-adapter, game for both 3ds and Wii U, gc controller adapter - 2x for 8 player mode)? add a couple of gc controllers and were talking around 300. If you lack either a Wii u or a 3DS were talking so much cash you could buy a nice PC. This is for 1 game. 1 game. How can you guys continue to support this company? They deserve to be publicly shamed not endorsed.

And there will be more costs, trust me. Those features they are working on? I'm sure they can find a way to make you pay for those as well.

Yeah it's pretty stupid that Sony and Microsoft also do this, making us pay hundreds of dollars for consoles and controllers just to play 1 game. They should just give this stuff away for free.

MRTsmash

Smash Rookie
There are so many cool things I can't wait to try out in this. The debauchery in 8 player will be hilarious. Did anyone catch how that is going to work? 4 people on Wii U controllers + 4 people on 3DS? Did I miss that explanation completely?

FOR GLORY!
not sure exactly how it will work, but seeing as that you can play from the Wii Remote Plus, Remote + Nunchuk, Wii U Gamepad, Wii Classic Controller (along with the Pro version), Wii U Pro Controller, the 3DS, and the GameCube controller, I would think you could use any combination.

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
You've spent most of this thread pooping on people for wanting a character they love in a game they love. I don't know how old you are, but what the heck?

It isn't bragging about wanting him to be playable, it's wanting him to be playable. No one goes "guys, I'm awesome because I want Ridley to be playable". Actually, it's become quite the opposite. Ridley fans seem to have to hide in the dark now because they either get bashed hard or are associated with people like D-Idara who are just going crazy. It's like Ridley fandom is the new Brawl community. This place sucks.

:4ganondorf:

Whoa, you're so edgy and cool. Can we be friends?
I have no idea why you're posting Ganondorf as a character who shows no emotions or ambitions.

Falm

Smash Rookie
Many hype features!
But MewTwo only being released 2015 has really crushed my remaining hopes for the return of StarWolf... bittersweet feelings

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Wait, wait, wait... how the heck does 8-player multiplayer work with 4 controllers? 'Cause I'm not sharing.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I guess Mewtwo was a coming, but that Ridley de-confirmation though...hitting base real hard, I can tell.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I don't think that's the case at all.
I may not know anything about the Metroid series (the only game I've played is Hunters, which didn't feature Ridley at all), but I'm willing to bet Ridley is at least as expressive as Ganondorf.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
This is amazing! DLC confirmed? I feel Mewtwo is a huge exception though.

Here's hoping for character costumes dlc! (Chrom Ike alt, anyone? No? ...I'll leave.)

Top Bottom