• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Announcements Galore! Watch Here

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Hey Ridley fans.

I told you so!

Well worth the infraction, hit me mods <3

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
So just to clarify on my end...I'm only really happy that Ridley got decomfirmed as a playable character is all cus of being sick of everyone bragging about wanting him to be playable. I don't mind that he's a major stage hazard like that Mega Man boss is, sounds like a cool feature to have.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Ridley was pretty ****ing big. And I knew he wasn't going to be playable because he got deconfirmed back in April in the boss section of the smash direct. Everyone just read into it and got hyped for nothing.

I hope Mewtwo got buffed though.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
SMASH BROS WII U IS SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MEWTWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAKURAI CARES ABOUT HIS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EVEN THOUGH THE 3DS GAME FEELS NERFED HE CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PersonPlayz

Smash Rookie
And You Thought You Could Get Rid Of Me...

:mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::150::150:

It will be interesting to see if he can be used in tournaments

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I LOVED THIS DIRECT SO MUCH!!!

1st of all, it was narrated by none other than the announcer himself! That was already something!

Then, there's just so much stuff!

Revamped Stage Maker. It's CRAZY! I love how it's less blocky now, and so many new gimmicks you can add to the stages.

Smash Tour looks insanely fun, for a night of pizza and friends.
(which brings me to...)

8 PLAYERS!? Oh.... my.... god!
I'm gonna have to start making a lot of friends now!

Dat Kid Icarus Uprising codec thingie. I admit I would have preferred it being Doc Louis giving Little Mac advice, or Roll/Dr.Light contacting Megaman. But it's understandable, and IMHO a bit better than Snake/Colonel thing (sorry, I've just never been too fond of Snake or MGS as a whole).

RIDLEY: Meh. Whatever. He looks cool. So... he's like the Flying Man from Magicant in a way?

MEWTWO: I would have preferred my Pokemon Trainer back, but man, this is the 2nd best thing pokemon related. Or 3rd (goodbye Squirtle)
--
I can't see me NOT having this game next year. I really really hope the OST deal stands for at least until summer next year. And that they let you download it for free if you purchase both games. I mean, give us THAT much, Nintendo games don't drop on prices that soon anyway. :p

Anyway... I bought a 2DS + Smash Bros 3DS (cheapest possible way to get the handheld version) so I could soften the blow for the Wii U version, while allowing me to practice in the meantime. :)
I need to get that Gamecube controller bundle, and if there's ever a Little Mac or Megaman Gamecube Wii U Classic Controller Pro, I'll be getting that too.

There's so much smash bros stuff to buy, my wallet's already agonizing. >:,(

Last edited:

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Nintendo of Europe sez you can buy Mewtwo DLC instead of getting him for free. So why are you so butthurt, look at the content. LOOK AT IT. Even without your precious Mewtwo there is a lot for you to enjoy, with you know, TIL 8 PLAYER
And if you got spare money for the Mewtwo DLC, well guess what? You can than buy it.
Yeah wait a little longer than everyone else and suck at Mewtwo and you can buy him, thx nintendo!!!

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
WHY are people saying RIDLEY fans are SUPER DISAPPOINTED. WE ARE NOT. SERIOUSLY; RIDLEY HAS AN KO STOCK ICON. He helps you like a character in battle(and looks better than flying man, too)

This is an even better position than Assist Trophy. This is literally THE NEXT BEST THING.

WHY IS NO RIDLEY FAN HYPED: I DON'T GET IT
Because most Ridley fans were 100% expecting him to be playable. Even though this is the next best thing, it doesn't live up to the expectations of some of the fans, so it's not good enough for some of them. :\ It's basically the Chrom situation all over again, except Ridley's in a better position.

Shog

Smash Ace
Yeah wait a little longer than everyone else and suck at Mewtwo and you can buy him, thx nintendo!!!
So than tell me, why should YOU deserve more than the people paying more? If you can tell me that, I would actually agree with you that it might be a bad idea

Because most Ridley fans were 100% expecting him to be playable. Even though this is the next best thing, it doesn't live up to the expectations of some of the fans, so it's not good enough for some of them. :\ It's basically the Chrom situation all over again, except Ridley's in a better position.
I get that spider, but consider this for a moment: Unlike Chrom, you can always see Ridley in a stage. Unlike Chrom, he is essentially a "Ridley Amiibo" (seriously, he gets KO'ed like a normal character), unlike Chrom, he appears on the KO screen. Unlike Chrom you can take silly pictures with Ridley and Shining/Purple Charizard.

I know for a lot of you being playable is really important. But remember how a lot of us were hyped for Dark Samus ATrophy? Well atleast I was. NOW consider in THIS context that Ridley will always appear in the stage.

And suddenly, Ridley isn't only in a better position, he is in a different league!

Last edited:

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
Warning Received
So let's see, if you already own BOTH a Wii U and a 3DS the cost to enjoy the full game with gamecube controllers is now what? 200 dollars (lan-adapter, game for both 3ds and Wii U, gc controller adapter - 2x for 8 player mode)? add a couple of gc controllers and were talking around 300. If you lack either a Wii u or a 3DS were talking so much cash you could buy a nice PC. This is for 1 game. 1 game. How can you guys continue to support this company? They deserve to be publicly shamed not endorsed.

And there will be more costs, trust me. Those features they are working on? I'm sure they can find a way to make you pay for those as well.
What the ****... You've got to be kidding me right now you're either an idiot or a troll. Including a CONSOLES price in the price to play the game? The console does alot more than playing smash and buying a console is a given for ANY VIDEO GAME you ******. Oh goodness! The OPTION to use gamecube controllers, how DARE they do such a thing! AND they are forcing you to buy them! How dare they hold that gun down your neck to FORCE you to purchase something to use your favorite smash controller which THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO LET YOU DO! Wow! Nintendo is SO corrupt! They should just include 8 controllers in their console just like Sony, Microsoft, and P.Cs do! Why give you the OPTION to play with 8 players but not throw 8 free controllers in your face right!? Not only that, but HOW DARE THEY ALLOW YOU TO USE YOUR 3DS TO MAKE IT MORE ACCESSIBLE TO PEOPLE! BLASPHEMY!

Well anyways, you're an idiot and I think you need to take a hard evaluation of your life and train of thought because I've never read such stupid comments before. The only amount of money you need to play smash is, 60$ , or if you want to play smash bros. 3DS, 40$. Wow, FREE DLC character that didn't even have to be included but was anyway because sakurai knows how much we want him!? HOW DARE HE DO THAT TO HIS FANS, GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND IS TERRIBLE AND CORRUPT!

waterlong

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-9153-3347
the urge to get a Wii U and smash 4 (again) is unreasonably high...

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Actually Fox just has Wolf Flash So I'd say Wolf is next in line for DLC after Mewtwo, maybe he'll be confirmed in or after Duck Hunt's trailer.
Lucas has all his specials and a few a attacks( I think) merged into Ness.
:wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf:DLC PLEASE!!!!!!
I know it doesn't look too good for Lucas, but just because Ness has his specials, doesn't mean its the exact same thing as having Lucas back. His Tilts, smash attacks and aerials are all way different, if they were really so similar, Ness should be tied with Lucas as one of the tops in Project M, but that's obviously not the case. Plus, who's to say Lucas can't get some new moves? Sheik and Pit did. It's not set and stone that everyone from Brawl has the exact same moveset as before.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Since my internet is too slow and my time is too important, can someone just sum up the whole "Ridley fans don't get what they want I'm so happy!!!" argument that has definitely happened in this thread in one post?

Barring that, can we have an actual discussion? Once I get the money, there's no way I'm not buying a WiiU just for Smash 4. That octosmash, though. Holy sh*t. Those large stages. Oh my god. Them Mewtwo. Jeebus weebus. And Bowser Jr. got into Smash?! This is best internet ever.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
What the ****... You've got to be kidding me right now you're either an idiot or a troll. Including a CONSOLES price in the price to play the game? The console does alot more than playing smash and buying a console is a given for ANY VIDEO GAME you ******. Oh goodness! The OPTION to use gamecube controllers, how DARE they do such a thing! AND they are forcing you to buy them! How dare they hold that gun down your neck to FORCE you to purchase something to use your favorite smash controller which THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO LET YOU DO! Wow! Nintendo is SO corrupt! They should just include 8 controllers in their console just like Sony, Microsoft, and P.Cs do! Why give you the OPTION to play with 8 players but not throw 8 free controllers in your face right!? Not only that, but HOW DARE THEY ALLOW YOU TO USE YOUR 3DS TO MAKE IT MORE ACCESSIBLE TO PEOPLE! BLASPHEMY!

Well anyways, you're an idiot and I think you need to take a hard evaluation of your life and train of thought because I've never read such stupid comments before. The only amount of money you need to play smash is, 60$ , or if you want to play smash bros. 3DS, 40$. Wow, FREE DLC character that didn't even have to be included but was anyway because sakurai knows how much we want him!? HOW DARE HE DO THAT TO HIS FANS, GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND IS TERRIBLE AND CORRUPT!
Dude calm down you misread my post just like the other guy. I didn't include a console to get to 300. That was without buying any additional console. This is probably not going to be the cost for you because you probably already own most of the stuff I counted. But for people who aren't nintendo-gamers this game is going to have to have one of the fattest price tags ever.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Seeing Ridley was pretty hard medicine to swallow. I have supported him since SSBM and will probably continue to support him in the years to come. But still, seeing him in glorious HD was pretty cool.

I am very happy to see Mewtwo make his grand return and I hope that with that time Sakurai has between now and Spring, he can really make into the character he deserves to be.

Aside from that, the entire Extrabaganzadirect was pretty fun to watch. 8 player smash looks ridiculous and down-right crazy but fun. I loved seeing Metal Face make an appearance and that more Xenoblade content will be included. I nearly flipped after hearing the Xenoblade Main Theme. I was really hoping it would be included cause it is simply amazing. I also noticed a Fiora trophy which was cool.

I am liking the new stages and Big Battlefield. The new Kirby stage and DK stage will def be tourney banned but they look to be VERY interesting. Especially that DK stage.

I hate the idea of the Smash Tour....I loved Smash Run but this looks like a cheap knock-off.

But my god, that Stage Builder. It was glorious and exactly what I wanted back on the Wii.

I am looking forward to more information regarding the Wii U version.

What the hell. Tone it down a bit and learn to be a less crazy when posting. Seriously.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Thoughts:
1. Durrrrr Ridley totally won't be a stage boss right guys? :dazwa:
2. What is with Smash 4's obsession with veteran stages? I assumed it was just the 3DS that would be filled with these but now the Wii U version does too.
3. All of the essential features of Smash Bros (eg. Special Smash, an actual "My Music" menu, Events, etc) being in the Wii U version and not the 3DS version solidifies the notion the the Wii U version is the definitive version. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.
4. Being able to hear Viridi yap on and on might be my favourite exclusive feature to the Wii U version.
5. Wait I can just grab Metaurs in Smash Run? Boy do I feel stupid.
6. Smash Tour looks pretty hype.
7. LEGITIMATE TOURNEY MODE!? Kreygasm
8. Voice chat? Uh oh, gotta watch my mouth lol...
9. THE NEW STAGE BUILDER IS ALL MY WILDEST DREAMS! MY PANTS ARE STICKY RIGHT NOW!
10. Someone actually used a shield in cutscene? Sakurai wut.
11. Great now I have to make sure my 3DS survives another year. Poor thing is getting old now. You know I always hoped that there wouldn't be DLC because as a tournament player, not having all characters on disc can cause problems. The fact that you have to purchase both versions is quite the kick in the groin for people who don't have a 3DS/WiiU as well. "Free" my ass lol. Also no Wolf wtf

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Oh they do, but they keep it reasonable. They don't make things off the charts expensive. And no Nintendo did this with the N64, they just didn't use DLC they used other additions to milk their consumers, know your ****.
The extra materials sold for Smash Wii U are not REQUIRED to play, they are added to accommodate people who don't want to learn a new controller.
Did anyone notice why point #11 was Ridley?

It's because #11 is Sakurai's symbol for his two middle fingers ****ing off all Ridley's supporters.

**** you Ridley supporters!!!!!!
I checked your profile to see how old you are because of how juvenile your comment is.. I see you were too embarrassed to list it because you're still only 7... It's okay little guy! Children are allowed on Smash Boards too. :-) just make sure no one catches you up so late!

I'm a PROUD Ridley supporter, and am THRILLED about the role he plays in this game! Here's lookin at you @ D-idara D-idara

SonicTeam765

Banned via Administration
NNID
SonicTeam765
[collapse=Collection Of The Biggest Jerks You'll Ever See!]

[/collapse]OH MY GOD SMASH 4 WII U LOOKS AMAZING! Sure, we didn't get playable Ridley...but good god, ONE OF THE BIG THREE ACTUALLY MADE IT INTO THE GAME! I gotta say, though, I find it baffling that Sakurai made one of the most requested characters ALMOST PLAYABLE, I mean, he has a full moveset, he counts as a fighter, he fights againist you and with you, he even has a goddamn Final Smash...I mean, he's basically a playable character, except you can't choose him at the character selection screen, I'd be crazy if I didn't think this was incredibly bizarre, someone ought to ask Sakurai on an interview, to see if he's really a toobigot. Like most of these little terrorists that celebrate a character being deconfirmed.

Damn, the hype levels are off the charts, awesome Bowser Jr. trailer (Hey, DHD's trailer wasn't actually the big reveal, how about that!?), Smashboard gamemode, 8-Player Smash, gigantic stages, I mean there were some crappy things, like past stages being used as filler, and not getting Bowser's Castle, but god damn, it's impossible to not be excited about this, the Wii U version's easily a 9/10 when factoring in Mewtwo. See how you can actually be a good developer when you try, Sakurai?

On another note, it's really nice to finally get some closure, now we can start speculating for Smash5 Ridley! Also, does anyone else find the fact that Ridley's stock icon is Super Metroid Ridley weird? Did Sakurai have Ridley playable at some point and then scrapped him?

C'mon, Sakurai, at least clarify some of this bizarreness with a Famitsu column.

As a whole, I'm really satisfied with this since we got Mewtwo, at least Ridley and K.Rool fans can find peace in the fact that we lost to Mewtwo, not Duck Hunt Dog, Greninja or Wii Fit Trainer. Also, I also want to put here all the stupid things pessimistic haters (Ridley haters included here too) said that were wrong:

- Sakurai would never announce DLC before the game releases.
- Mewtwo's not relevant anymore.
- The Japanese fanbase doesn't care about Ridley and neither does Sakurai (Hell, I wouldn't put so much goddamn effort into something I don't care about).
- WE WON'T BE GETTING ANY NEW CHARACTERS, "YOU'RE DELUSIONAL".

We Big Three supporters got a win and we Ridley fans got a second place silver trophy, so actually, YOU LOST, HATERS! Go troll some other fanbase because...
Somebody is upset. Need a diaper?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The extra materials sold for Smash Wii U are not REQUIRED to play, they are added to accommodate people who don't want to learn a new controller.

I checked your profile to see how old you are because of how juvenile your comment is.. I see you were too embarrassed to list it because you're still only 7... It's okay little guy! Children are allowed on Smash Boards too. :-) just make sure no one catches you up so late!

I'm a PROUD Ridley supporter, and am THRILLED about the role he plays in this game! Here's lookin at you @ D-idara D-idara
Isnt it also immature to automatickly say someone is 7? I know you are trying to burn him but you shouldn't talk. your age is 26, an adult, act like one

Last edited:
Top Bottom