• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Announcements Galore! Watch Here

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
I didn't know the Gamepad, the controller packaged with every Wii U system, has less buttons than the Gamecube controller and no C-Stick!
Golly, I don't think any controller has 4 shoulder buttons, not even the Gamecube! *Cough*
*Cough* :rolleyes:
Why post a picture of a controller that isn't the gamepad then? The gamepad is ergonomically inferior and unsuited for fighting games. The other one is okay but it doesn't matter because 1. it's expensive as ****, 2. you still need more controllers to play with friends.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually kinda upset that the Wii U can't handle voice chat during battles...while like a plethora of fighting games, and others, have been able to do this for years

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Or... You could provide some factual logical evidence to your statement. The game does not cost more than 60$ to play. You don't NEED to buy more controllers to play it. What the hell do you want? Them to give free controllers with the game? That doesn't even make sense and its not an issue exclusive to smash brothers, it applies to every multiplayer video game ever made. Wow, Nintendo sure is corrupt!
"You don't need to have a gun to be of any use in a war, you could use a bow and arrow"

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Okay so I have a friend who only has the 3DS version of the game, and I myself am planning on buying the Wii U version of it. Does anyone know if we can connect our systems so that we can both get Mewtwo? I just want to hear some potential thoughts on this.

Last edited:

PaperX

Smash Cadet
Well Mewtwo supporters, I know when to admit defeat. GG on getting him playable.

I still win against Ridley supporters though, so there's that.

Now that DLC characters are a thing, gimme Paper Mario please.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Why post a picture of a controller that isn't the gamepad then? The gamepad is ergonomically inferior and unsuited for fighting games. The other one is okay but it doesn't matter because 1. it's expensive as ****, 2. you still need more controllers to play with friends.
1. Pretty sure the Pro controller comes with the WiiU. So you already have the one controller you need, which leads to #2
2. Who would have ever thought you would need multiple controllers to play with friends. If you really want cheap controllers that your friends can use, just buy used Wiimotes. Hmm, this all seems pretty simple.

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
I may not know anything about the Metroid series (the only game I've played is Hunters, which didn't feature Ridley at all), but I'm willing to bet Ridley is at least as expressive as Ganondorf.
It's really just about the human element so players can feel like they understand the character and that they are playing a real character and not just some monster.

I watched a Let's Play of Metroid Prime, and during the boss battle with Ridley, he didn't really show much emotion or human elements besides a will to kill and physical pain, even after the fight. Ganondorf, on the other hand, shows off plenty of human qualities, especially in games where he has his human form.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
I'm still jaded over the removal of Zelda/Sheik's transformation. At least Project M has its own satisfying surprises.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Okay so I have a friend who only has the 3DS version of the game, and I myself am planning on buying the Wii U version of it. Does anyone know if we can connect our systems so that we can both get Mewtwo? I just want to hear some potential thoughts on this.
So long as you never intend on getting the 3ds version and vice versa for your friend, you should be able to do this.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
As if though the other controllers aren't inherently inferior. Everyone knows you need a gamecube controller to play the game like it's meant to be played, get real.
Whatever dude. I don't agree. I didn't realize everyone knew that.

God, I'm getting off of smash boards for the night. Too many of you are just too pissy lately.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Many hype features!
But MewTwo only being released 2015 has really crushed my remaining hopes for the return of StarWolf... bittersweet feelings
Why? Maybe Wolf is coming soon too. Could be Summer 2015 or maybe alongside Mewtwo. WOLF FOR DLC!!!!

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
1. Pretty sure the Pro controller comes with the WiiU. So you already have the one controller you need, which leads to #2
2. Who would have ever thought you would need multiple controllers to play with friends. If you really want cheap controllers that your friends can use, just buy used Wiimotes. Hmm, this all seems pretty simple.
Yeah how fair to let my friends play on Wiimotes that are worse than the 16 bit era controllers, that makes for a lot of fun! Let's not even the field at all! (get real...)

@Bob: Don't assume that everyone else has as low standards as you.

Fanboys... sigh. Only Nintendo gamers are this way nowadays. They think everyone is part of their little sect where you own several consoles and you've got spares of everything lying around. Regular people who want to play some Nintendo games have either got to pay double or get an inferior experience.

Last edited:

GazWithPie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gazwithpie
:kirby:Congratulations Nintendo for taking game of the year with super smash bros for wii u
They didn't even need to release the game!:kirby:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Well Mewtwo supporters, I know when to admit defeat. GG on getting him playable.

I still win against Ridley supporters though, so there's that.

Now that DLC characters are a thing, gimme Paper Mario please.
nobody wins when we get less characters, you arrogant dickonion

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Hope Mewtwo is available as paid DLC for people who don't want both versions.

Also, lol at people saying the Wii U would have a much better stage roster than 3ds competitively. Based on the stages shown, that is not likely.
EDIT: derp, my bad. carry on

Last edited:

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
Correct, ROB had no personality, but he was a character they could give a personality easily without it being weird. Ridley I don't think has that perk. You also have to consider that ROB was historically significant for Nintendo, more than Metroid I would assume. There are a ton of criteria for Smash characters to get in with, and I'm just tossing ideas around to try to understand the decisions.

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
I compared a superior weapon with an inferior one in the same manner you compared superior controllers with inferior ones.
These "superior" controllers are based on OPINION, and were created in 2001 , TWO generations ago. They are not compatible with the Wii U. It took coding and creating an adapter to allow you to use this, when THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO. A bow and arrow is FACTUALLY inferior , its NOT a matter of personal preference, NOR does it matter because the console comes with a controller that can be used to play the game. I seriously cannot understand how you can't realize how stupid you sound right now.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Yeah how fair to let my friends play on Wiimotes that are worse than the 16 bit era controllers, that makes for a lot of fun! Let's not even the field at all! (get real...)

@Bob: Don't assume that everyone else has as low standards as you.

Fanboys... sigh. Only Nintendo gamers are this way nowadays. They think everyone is part of their little sect where you own several consoles and you've got spares of everything lying around. Regular people who want to play some Nintendo games have either got to pay double or get an inferior experience.
lol you don't want to pay for controllers that's what you get, idiot. It's about as fair as making your "friends" deal with your dumb ass in the first place.

Fanboys indeed, but you're wrong about it being only Nintendo gamers. Every gamer is like this. Damn. You're an idiot. Wow. Just stop. Holy cow.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
So long as you never intend on getting the 3ds version and vice versa for your friend, you should be able to do this.
Yea, neither one of us plan on buying the opposite versions, so it shouldn't be a problem. Good to know that this is a viable option for us, thanks for the input!

Last edited:

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
This **** is awesome, but this announcer is so god damn annoying.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Protip: buy a used game from Game Stop. Get M2. Return the game within 7 days. Rejoice.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
These "superior" controllers are based on OPINION, and were created in 2001 , TWO generations ago. They are not compatible with the Wii U. It took coding and creating an adapter to allow you to use this, when THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO. A bow and arrow is FACTUALLY inferior , its NOT a matter of personal preference, NOR does it matter because the console comes with a controller that can be used to play the game. I seriously cannot understand how you can't realize how stupid you sound right now.
"it's my opinion that riding a horse is superior to driving a car you can't say I'm wrong herp derp"

It's Nintendo's own damn fault that all their controllers after the GC one have been **** for fighting games and a bunch of other games as well. Really are you married to nintendo or something? You're like a white knight.

PaperX

Smash Cadet
nobody wins when we get less characters, you arrogant ****onion
Geez relax. I have nothing against Ridley himself. What I can't stand are the people who kept saying he was gonna be playable and who would come up with any kind of ''evidences'' to prove their claims.

And seeing how you immediately started insulting me even though I wasn't even insulting anyone to being with, I wonder who's the arrogant one here.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Correct, ROB had no personality, but he was a character they could give a personality easily without it being weird. Ridley I don't think has that perk. You also have to consider that ROB was historically significant for Nintendo, more than Metroid I would assume. There are a ton of criteria for Smash characters to get in with, and I'm just tossing ideas around to try to understand the decisions.
Your ideas sound biased. They can give ROB a personality but there's no way they could give Ridley personality? Weird.
someone should probably tell you that bows and arrows are not factually inferior to guns
This **** is awesome, but this announcer is so god damn annoying.
Finally, someone who agrees.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Geez relax. I have nothing against Ridley himself. What I can't stand are the people who kept saying he was gonna be playable and who would come up with any kind of ''evidences'' to prove their claims.

And seeing how you immediately started insulting me even though I wasn't even insulting anyone to being with, I wonder who's the arrogant one here.
I guess i'm just always on guard. As a Ridley supporter, I'm used to being insta-attacked. Even though I'm a supporter, I did believe he was deconfirmed way back in the April direct. That being said, today's direct makes me think he was planned to be playable and then upscaled to be a boss for whatever reason. He fights just like a playable, his KO's look like a playable, his KO's count towards the final KO count after a match, he has a mini head stock icon, etc.

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
8 Player smash, Multiplayer stadium, co-op classic mode, so much more, and most importantly: Mewtwo?!

I AM SO SOLD ON THIS. TAKE ALL MY MONEY NINTENDO!

Man, I'm so glad I have both a Wii U and 3DS. Hands down, I think this Smash game is gonna be the best of all of them.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Does anyone know if customs can be loaded fully to teh Wii U from 3DS OR is it only specific character custom sets?

If the former, time to embark on a holy mission to unlock all customs on my 3DS and load them on every Wii U in California, so there can be no more "customs are banned because not everyone has them " BS.

Last edited:

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
Your ideas sound biased. They can give ROB a personality but there's no way they could give Ridley personality? Weird.
someone should probably tell you that bows and arrows are not factually inferior to guns
It's not that they couldn't give him a personality, I'm just assuming it would be weird giving Ridley human qualities or at least harder to make it not weird because of the way he's portrayed in the Metroid games. I'm sure if they made Ridley too different from the Metroid games there would be complaints, so perhaps they know this and are trying to avoid it? The reason they could give characters with no personality such as ROB or G&W a personality is because they were pretty much blank slates to begin with, so no one would complain that them having human qualities changes them for the worse.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
The only time they gave Ridley a personality was in the Metroid manga. I didn't really see too much of it in the games he was in. It's always "RAWR! ME SMASH SAMUS!" (maybe except for Other M, but to be fair it didn't knew better until it went back to that thought process).

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Mewtwo.. wow just wow. I hope he is never allowed to be used in tournaments. Just pretend like he doesn't exist. If you use him you seriously have no pride whatsoever.

Classic Nintendo, they'd sell their souls and their children if they could. No other gaming company gets away with this level of greedy bull**** that sucks for consumers.

For some reason people who play Nintendo games are really gullible compared to other gamers. Sorry but that's a fact, no other group of gamers would put up with **** like this. They are trying to milk every last penny out of Smash Bros 4 because they know people will buy it anyway since their lineup isn't good.

So let's see, if you already own BOTH a Wii U and a 3DS the cost to enjoy the full game with gamecube controllers is now what? 130 dollars?

If you lack either console the cost skyrockets even though it's already up in the sky.
You dumb@$$, Nintendo is a company. Companies make MONEY. Greed has nothing to do with it!!!

Top Bottom