• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bingo - The SSB4 Cast Prediction Forum Game

Should Smash Bingo be 4x4 or 5x5?

• 4x4

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 5x5

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Holy crap we got Rosalina. If I made my chart later I would've put her on but as it is, congrats to those that did.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The game is all updated! Congratulations to M&SG, New_Dumal, and Tuninator for being the only three to have predicted Rosalina. On that note, New_Dumal is the only one who has guessed every newcomer so far (sans Wii Fit Trainer, who nobody saw coming). Do we have a potential prophet on our hands? Only time may tell!

Additionally, Arteen, your single-image board is broken. You may want fix that.

Glad we could finally add another confirmed character to our boards. We only had newcomers last revealed 6 months ago. It's been forever!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Congrats on those who guessed Rosalina. I wish I waited a little bit because then I would have put her in, then again I wouldn't have gotten Megaman

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
And it didn't take long for us to get another character deconfirmation.

This time it's Starfy, who was shown to be an Assist Trophy (painfully enough right next to the instead playable Luma). Starfy has definitely been one of the most tolling deconfirmations thus far, with what I believe to be the case that there were more of you who predicted Starfy than there were folks that predicted Toad.

Glad to see we're actually making progress this month... *Sniff*

On one final note, New_Dumal is still looking completely accurate on his board, not having used any of the Unplayable or Deconfirmed characters. How long will this last, folks?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Looks like Smash Bingo will move with full steam ahead. We're getting confirmations and disconfirmations at a reasonable pace now.

Inb4 no one gets a Bingo. lol

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I may just have to change the rules a little. If we do get a solid pace going and the way everyone's cards are going for it, I'm considering the idea of making all Unplayable spaces still count as marking off on your board correctly. That could also just be my angst for Starfy talking. Not entirely sure yet, hence why we'll wait and see.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
If you change the rules can we change our rosters besides the confirmed/decomfirmed/playable ones?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And we begin the new year with a disconfirmation, that too of a character that was on my chart. :cry:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Update to Smash Bingo, with plenty of news!

First of all, Ashley is now an Assist Trophy and is now Unplayable. Sorry and/or congrats to those of you who had her on your boards (depending on if you're sad she's not going to be playable or glad she added towards your Unplayable count).

Second of all, Dedede and Zelda have been added to the confirmed pile. Additionally, Viridi has been moved away from being disconfirmed on part of the change in the Smash 4 Speculation Chart thread. On that note, absolutely nobody was affected.

Third of all, Curious Villager Curious Villager , you still need to fix your single-image board. You have a few marked spaces that I need to know who they are.

Fourth of all, I'm debating whether or not I should simply close submissions to joining Smash Bingo. It's very late in the game (meaning their chances of getting 5-in-a-row of anything is extremely slim) and 48-49 players is the perfect amount for our last bonus mode. Should I go through with doing that? If so, should we wait for one more entry, or simply close up now?

Finally, I've got something else to maybe liven this place up a little. I'm sure many of us have looked back at our boards and are thinking "Man, I was an idiot to add that one!" at one point or another. In the event you were entering Smash Bingo just now, who would you have put on your roster? Not counting already marked characters... Mine would likely look something like this:

What would you guys have instead?

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Oh... Mine would be.

This one looks sooo much better... Can I keep it pleeeeease? :sadeyes:

Plus wait for one more.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Oh... Mine would be.

This one looks sooo much better... Can I keep it pleeeeease? :sadeyes:

Plus wait for one more.
Nope. Defeats the whole point of bingo if you can change your card mid-game.

Trust me, I know the pain you're feeling. I'd give up Lloyd and Bowser Jr. in a heartbeat if it was still in the spirit of bingo.

Nice selection, by the way!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer

This would be mine if I could change it. Did not change any characters that we confirmed/deconfirmed/unplayable. Simple changes.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Viridi's been deconfirmed, if you've seen the new pic of the day.

I like how I took the time to take her out of the deconfirmed pile a while back. I don't think this affects anyone's boards.

So yeah, pointless update.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Lucario's been confirmed, so all of that is updated. Surprisingly, the boards were half and half in terms of Lucario's return. It's funny how views can change over time like that. Props to those who had faith in Luke before E3 2013 (and by extension, pretty much any information about Pokemon X & Y) came around.

Also, I'm closing submissions in approximately 2 days from now. If anyone else would like to join, I'm accepting one last entry.

Feel free to talk about how your views on characters' chances may have changed over time, but please, don't stray too far off topic.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Oh Yeah... I predicted well until now.
It's lame that my square-organization was so bad... I will never get a full line.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Oh Yeah... I predicted well until now.
It's lame that my square-organization was so bad... I will never get a full line.
Dude, I'm pretty sure your board is some sort of prophecy. If you saw Wii Fit Trainer coming and you had some sort of likely retro character, your board would literally be telling the future pool of newcomers.

Not that everyone on there would be new characters, but that every single newcomer is hidden in there somewhere. Sure can't wait for my playable Toon Ganondorf!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The reasoning was that the consensus was both Lucario and Ike had issues of recency prior to E3. Considering how 50/50 everyone was for Lucario, that's a fact. With Lucario having had absolutely nothing to do with Generation V outside of promotional material, it was commonly argued that Zoroark would take his place in Smash Bros. It wasn't until around the reveal of Mega Evolutions in X & Y that people thought of Lucario as a sure-to-return character. The same could be argued about Ike, but in hindsight I don't think Ike should even really be an option at this point considering that he seems plenty likely to return. I probably should have added other arguably easy-to-cut characters like Toon Link, Snake, and R.O.B., but I just made the pool with "recency" in mind.

That said, Ike is pretty much another free-space at this point. Probably.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Little Mac has been confirmed! Quite a lot of us have had faith in him since before E3 2013, it seems, so round of applause to everyone who predicted this long-awaited newcomer!

Also, it seems as if @ New_Dumal New_Dumal is not the prophet once thought, on part of lacking Little Mac on his board, but is still a contender for having the most predictions nonetheless. @splat, who happens to have registered right after New_Dumal, is now currently tied with him at 4 characters. Who will reign Smash Bingo champ? Will Dixie, Krystal, and Mewtwo be confirmed to New_Dumal's delight, or will splat be victorious with Dillon and Roy? Only time will tell us!

Lastly, @ Tepig2000 Tepig2000 , it's been two weeks since you said you wanted to join. If you want to join, I'll give you 6 more hours from now until the deadline. You can't join if you don't give me your boards by then.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Come on Mewtwo and Ridley! Glad I put Megaman and Little Mac in the same line, with the Free Space.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
I know it's rather late in but I'll join if it's not too late:

EDIT: Here's a separate image board -

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I know it's rather late in but I'll join if it's not too late:

EDIT: Here's a separate image board -

I have to say that this is a pretty solid one. The only thing I think is wrong with it is the placement of the characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm only Palutena and Mewtwo away from a Bingo.

Excuse me while I feel smug.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh goody, did my image break again?

Well okay here's another reupload. If it breaks again, you might as well suggest me a better image hosting site.... ^^;

Also.... The OP is getting so laggy.... :/

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So that there's something going on in this thread, here's a tally of who's closest to a bingo.

The people who are two characters away are

WarioFan1 (Needs Dark Samus and Claus)
ME (Guybrush20X6) (Needs Mewtwo and Palutena)
SmasherMaster (Needs Mewtwo and Ridley)
thethirdkoopa (Needs Sukapon and Samurai Goroh)
DragonSniperNintendo (Needs Ridley and Sherif)
Rayks (Needs Mewtwo and King K. Rool)
TheTuninator (Needs Mewtwo and Takamaru)
Super Brawler (Needs Palutena and Chrom)

The ones that are three away are

God Robert's Cousin (needs Isaac, King K. Rool and Mewtwo)
Golden Lotus (Needs Bowser Jr, Chrom and Samurai Gohroh OR Ridley, Mewtwo and King K. Rool)
Swampasaur (Needs Bowser Jr., Toom Nook and Dark Samus OR Anna, Mewtwo and Takamaru)
Kikwi-kiwi (Needs Palutena, King K. Rool and Takamaru)
WarioFan1 (Needs Lyn, Ike and Takamaru)
Hammer B (Needs Bowser jr, Mewtwo and Ike)
Arteen (Needs Dixie Kong, Waluigi and Palutena)
Curmudgeon (Needs Mii, Takamaru and Monita)
thethirdkoopa (Needs Ridley, Chrom/Robin and Takamaru)
Ariland/AEM (Needs Samurai Goroh and Shulk)
Angelglory (Needs Slippy Toad, Shulk and Samurai Goroh)
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy (Needs Waddle Dee, Leon and Saki)
Habanero (Needs Mewtwo Bowser Jr and Shulk OR Ridley, Dr Mario and Chrom)
Rayks (Needs Chrom, Ike and Ridley)
TheTuninator (Needs Daisy, Waluigi and Samurai Goroh)
New_Dumal (Needs King K. Rool, Ike and Shulk OR Dixie Kong, Krystal and Mewtwo)
splat (Needs Isaac, Palutena and Saki OR Ridley King K. Rool and Ike)
I_hate_usernames (Needs Kamek, Knuckle Joe and Waluigi)
BluePikmin11 (Needs Toon Zelda/Tetra, Hades and New Pokemon trainer)
Captain Hotcakes (Needs Raichu, Black Shadow and Walhart)
Toxicroaker (Needs Mii Bowser Jr and King K Rool)
Kesamijr (Needs King K Rool, Chrom and Ridley)
Kon (Needs Dixie Kong, Chrom and Dillon)
TheBakonBitz (Needs Ridley, King K. Rool and Palutena)
APC99 (Needs Dixie Kong, Waddle Dee and Plusle & Minum)
TheMasonOrder (Needs Roy, Ike, Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik)
Ephecus (Needs Mewtwo, Magnus and Lucina)
MagnetMan23 (Needs Anna, Ridley and Paper Mario OR King K Rool, Mewtwo and Isaac)
Toothiest Aura (Needs Tetra, Saki and Tingle)
Swift Fox (Needs Mewtwo, Dixie Kong and Ghirahim)
billys_dad (Needs Tom Nook, Ray and Dixie Kong)
Glaciacott (Needs King K Rool, Robin and Pac-Man OR Ghirahim, Ike and Donbe & Hikari)
CrusherMania1592 (Needs Shulk, Roy and King K Rool OR Palutena, Ridley and Krystal)
Jubileus57 (Needs Paper Mario, Prince Fluff and Ghirahim)

Holy mother of Areus, that took ages to type.

Looks like Mewtwo is the tipping point for everyone's chances.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
All I need is Mewtwo and Takamaru? Hot damn! I'm not feeling too bad about my chances. Guess I laid that board out better than I thought! :p

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll update the list the next time a character is confirmed or disconfirmed. Quite a few people had a near bingo if not for Skull Kid or Ashley.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Surprisingly, I predicted two of the last three character reveals (or, at least, the ones relevant to this topic). Luckily, Little Mac was on the same row as the free space. Unfortunately, I have two Zelda characters on that line (poor planning on my part). I still feel like Saki is likely, but I highly doubt I'll get a bingo on a line that requires Tingle and Tetra.
I still feel like a lot of my choices were fairly good, but my placement was not very well thought out. Alas, if I just get 3 on my card I'll be happy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I guess Diddy/Dixie is disconfirmed.

Almost no one on my list had them in the lines of characters needed so I don't have to make any changes there.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ouch, three people's bingos were broken.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The boards have all been updated to reflect Waluigi's reveal as an Assist Trophy, by the way. Yayyy for progress...

I'll update the list the next time a character is confirmed or disconfirmed. Quite a few people had a near bingo if not for Skull Kid or Ashley.
I appreciate it, budd! I'm really glad to see some proactiveness going on here!
Oh goody, did my image break again?

Also.... The OP is getting so laggy.... :/
Thanks! Been waiting for this.

And really? My computer runs it fine. :p
I know it's rather late in but I'll join if it's not too late
It is too late... But you know what? Why the hell not. Tepig never made a board after I had asked him to. Welcome aboard!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm wondering. Should we give someone who gets an anti-Bingo (row of unplayable/disconfirmed characters) a consolation prize?

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I guess? Kind of rewards having made bad guesses, though...

I don't know what we can really do besides hand out likes anyway.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe I didn't know this thread existed since last year.

I was trying to make my own Bingo (though it was mainly Veteran based). :laugh:
And it's also much too late for me to join in...dammit.

Top Bottom