• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash 3DS Japanese Information Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
This...

Since we will know the final roster, maybe the way of combining that two feelings is a spoiler free unlock chart, that only says the method without indication of what character you are getting...
This was an idea posted by JUr in another thread.

Can someone please do something like this when it comes out in Japan, please? Much appreciated. :)

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
This was an idea posted by JUr in another thread.

Can someone please do something like this when it comes out in Japan, please? Much appreciated. :)
Perhaps when the methods are assembled here, we could PM you a nameless unlock chart to use as you please. : ) Though I assume some of the methods themselves will blatantly point out which character it may be. XD

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Perhaps when the methods are assembled here, we could PM you a nameless unlock chart to use as you please. : ) Though I assume some of the methods themselves will blatantly point out which character it may be. XD
Thanks for the offer, but someone already PMed me a chart that will update with them. Thanks, though! :)

I should've updated my post. Sorry!

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Haha true...

'Beat classic with Marth/Robin', I'm sure that is Ness!
'Beat classic with Link, Zelda and Sheik', really weird way to get Bowser Jr...

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the offer, but someone already PMed me a chart that will update with them. Thanks, though! :)

I should've updated my post. Sorry!
No problem. You are very welcome. : )

Haha true...

'Beat classic with Marth/Robin', I'm sure that is Ness!
'Beat classic with Link, Zelda and Sheik', really weird way to get Bowser Jr...
Exactly. XD

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Question: What time will the game be available to download outside of Japan? I've heard two conflicting reports multiple times- one saying that it'll be at 12 am on the 13th in Japan (for me, 11 am EST), the other saying that it'll be at 11 am Japan on the 13th (10 pm EST). I've got a Japanese 3DS and I'll be sure to be using this thread a lot, but I'd like to know when is the soonest that I'll be able to download it.
The general consensus is 12 AM (JST) on the 13th so that would be 11 AM on the 12th EST. We will update the OP when the eShop download is available.

@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , I know you've done a fine job on the OP, and everything is fairly detailed and organized. I'm not going to ask you to change it for people like me, because that would be a lot of work.

However, Smashboards has a lot of lighter themes, in which white text is very difficult to read, especially when in spoilers or quotes (so, basically, all the goodies you wrote). Leaving the text you currently have set to "white" as the default color allows me to read all of that. I currently browse with the Turquoise theme, in case you were wondering.

Although I can't read anything you wrote, I could just switch back to the normal "make your eyes bleed" standard black and orange for a while. I'll live. Thanks for all the hard work!
Yeah, this is a problem for me too since I'm using the White/Blue theme. I know the majority of users use dark themes, but it's a bit annoying having to highlight all of that text for us who do use the lighter themes, and I don't think leaving the text as default color would hurt anything anyways.
It is back to the default color. Let me know if you guys can see it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom This is a very small contribution, but I noticed that in Lucina's section of your document you noted that her Counter wasn't known to have any differences from Marth.
However, the Counter pose is actually different. Lucina holds her sword with both hands like her artwork, while Marth holds his backwards with one hand.

D

Deleted member

@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom This is a very small contribution, but I noticed that in Lucina's section of your document you noted that her Counter wasn't known to have any differences from Marth.
However, the Counter pose is actually different. Lucina holds her sword with both hands like her artwork, while Marth holds his backwards with one hand.
Really, it's all up to speculation until Lucina has actually been played by someone. I'm interested to see how her techniques differ from Marth's as well.

Nice catch, though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, I noticed that while I was reading up on her but I failed to add that in. I added it in now.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Will somebody please post a PSA update of our current future timeline for livestreams and discussions, both official (Treehouse) and dedicated fan?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Pictures have surfaced that show somebody with the game already. Stores have broken street date.

PREPARE YOURSELVES!!!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I MAY have jumped the gun, but the picture at the very least shows a guy might be stocking the shelves of a store.

If it's on store shelves now, then it's only a matter of time.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Crashboards happened a few minutes earlier. I thought all the beans were finally being spilled, but looks like a false alarm again.

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
I MAY have jumped the gun, but the picture at the very least shows a guy might be stocking the shelves of a store.

If it's on store shelves now, then it's only a matter of time.
WOAH. It's very possible the game's gonna break street date. I just want to rip that game apart with my grubby fingers!

Inurian

Smash Rookie
Special moves are called finishing moves and veteran fighters are called "Veteran Heroes"?
Interesting. Never knew that about JP smash

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
New Additions
  • Fox Illusion does not cause Fox to fall into a helpless state.
Wow, that's pretty significant for a Fox-player (IMO)! Thanks for all the info and the neat way of compiling it! :)

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
You might want to see this...
Chaingrabs are literally...gone. <3 <3

Edit: I just want to say...this is one of the best upgrades to Smash I have ever seen. I'm so freaking happy because I hated chaingrabs so freaking much. xD

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ikr?!?! <3
I'm crying happy tears now....
No more Ice Climbers....Falco...Dedede...Marth....cheapness....*melts*
You and me think alike here. <3 I'll miss my Pit F-throw CG on certain characters, but with a buffed up Pit, who needs them? Besides, maybe his throws may have follow-ups, and I heard B-throw got buffed a bit too.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You and me think alike here. <3 I'll miss my Pit F-throw CG on certain characters, but with a buffed up Pit, who needs them? Besides, maybe his throws may have follow-ups, and I heard B-throw got buffed a bit too.
Really? o.o That's awesome considering his throw options for very limited in Brawl.
Anywho, I'm seriously excited....this game is actually seemingly balanced....the first of the series....at last....<3

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If there are any updates to include, please tag either
myself, Aerodrome, New Zero, Kikwi-Kiwi, Swampsaur, Frostwraith, or any other staff member in the Smash 4 section so we can include that information.

I have to wait until work but I am going back home after lunch to quickly download it.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Can we discuss in this thread about mechanics and how different/the same they are compared to pass iterations of smash?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Ice Climbers are so crying right now. Either because they were cut or because they can't chain grab anymore. :p

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
In case anyone wants to watch someone play the demo and maybe figure out something, here

EDIT: I may be late to this party or whatever but it seems you only get to choose between four FIVE characters on the demo: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and Megaman.

EDIT 2: Welp I'm really late it seems he's stopped playing for the night. so opps

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
In case anyone wants to watch someone play the demo and maybe figure out something, here

EDIT: I may be late to this party or whatever but it seems you only get to choose between four characters on the demo: Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Megaman.
And Villager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom