• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash 3DS Japanese Information Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Everything looks nice and organized in this thread, I like it a lot. Kirby's looking fun as hell to play.
I still have a personal gripe about being able to be reported for going after a player in the For Fun mode, though. Something about that just rubs me the wrong way.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
On the Greninja topic, indeed, it was not "つじぎり" (Tsujigiri) which is the Japanese name for "Night Slash." Venus's explanation did a better job explaining it. I had labeled the Famitsu scan as "Mysterious Ninja" just as the most concise way to portray it.

Great job on the information compilation. That will help narrow what is known and unknown, as well as what to look for.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Firstly, great OP man. Very in-depth and pretty dang cool. Secondly, I loved what you did for the colored Pokémon text, having one half red and the other half white.

So I'll definitely be following this to get as much info as possible. Thanks so much for making this!

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Why aren't Ness, Ganondorf, Wario, Jigglypuff, ROB, Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Mr. Game & Watch listed and Bowser Jr. is?

On a side note, I do love the way you formatted the OP.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why aren't Ness, Ganondorf, Wario, Jigglypuff, ROB, Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Mr. Game & Watch listed and Bowser Jr. is?

On a side note, I do love the way you formatted the OP.
Me said:
Also, please note that while there was the Character Select Screen Leak, I will not be adding the following characters until we have further confirmation: Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt Dog, Falco, Jigglypuff, Mr. Game and Watch, Ness, R.O.B., and Wario. I did add Bowser Jr. and Ganondorf as they were featured in the video leak along with Shulk who was recently revealed.

Last edited:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Question: I've been asking around, but a reddit user stated Melee bonuses are back. Can someone else who's played the game verify this? I don't want to get overexcited but this minor tidbit could be awesome news especially if it transfers to the Wii U version.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
There um is a text error in your Smash Run Spoiler about the enemy Reaper. The Franchise is listed with Reaper making it look like ReaperKid Icarus.

There is also a slight bracket error in Trophies/Collectibles/Misc. Info. Looks like it happened when you were doing spoilers.

Sorry if this bugs you and I'm not trying to be a perfectionist freak I swear, I just thought you'd want to know.

That and my inner OCD is kicking in.

This is a VERY well organized and thought out set of OPs. I appreciate this!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That said, I still crossing my fingers that Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog won't be in Smash Bros. This is just my personal dislike so stop complaining, I know there is a high chance this leak will be real.

Last edited:

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Oh um in case anyone wants it, GameXplain did a explanation/discussion of the Japanese Demo and it was uploaded an hour ago. Hope no one beat me to it I haven't read every post quite yet.

Here you go :p

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Question: I've been asking around, but a reddit user stated Melee bonuses are back. Can someone else who's played the game verify this? I don't want to get overexcited but this minor tidbit could be awesome news especially if it transfers to the Wii U version.
I will look around for some information on this.

There um is a text error in your Smash Run Spoiler about the enemy Reaper. The Franchise is listed with Reaper making it look like ReaperKid Icarus.

There is also a slight bracket error in Trophies/Collectibles/Misc. Info. Looks like it happened when you were doing spoilers.

Sorry if this bugs you and I'm not trying to be a perfectionist freak I swear, I just thought you'd want to know.

That and my inner OCD is kicking in.

This is a VERY well organized and thought out set of OPs. I appreciate this!
All fixed. Thank you for letting me know

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh um in case anyone wants it, GameXplain did a explanation/discussion of the Japanese Demo and it was uploaded an hour ago.
I just forgot that happened, you beat me to it :p

I forgot to say how much awesome this thread is made of. So much organization. So perfect.

I feel slightly obnoxious for asking, but was my post on the Voice Talent taken into account?

Last edited:

phanteon

Smash Cadet
JUST FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES.

once the game leaks (wednesday thursday) it will be just a matter of hours for all models, stages and everything to leak. Not because people would take the effort to unlock the characters but because we can decrypt the CTR roms now.

If you want to be spoiler free my recommendation is, keep an eye on www. abgx.net/filename/?ch=19 so you can know when the game leaks. From that on, be extremely cautious.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I really hope Gaur Plains has a Final Destination form, its beautiful. It seems like the other stages that appear on both versions have one? Wily Castle, Boxing Ring, and Battlefield all have one.

I'll play on it even if it doesn't, lol.

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Well, chips, soda, and all the stream on during release day :D
Thank you for the great compilation!

WwwWario

Smash Ace
This may have been answered already, but does anyone know about when people will get this game? You know, so we can have an idea on when to expect leaks to pop out? Will it be a few days before release, or will no one get it before?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Isn't Robin's victory pose with Chrom?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
will you be making an unlockables page in the OP for characters, stages and so on and detailing on how to unlock them or achieve them.
Unlockable material will be included in it's appropriate area such as characters along with details on how to unlock it. We have several members who will be translating as we play through the game.

This may have been answered already, but does anyone know about when people will get this game? You know, so we can have an idea on when to expect leaks to pop out? Will it be a few days before release, or will no one get it before?
I will be getting the game on Friday shortly before midnight. It will be shortly after that at 12:00 am Saturday morning that the eShop version will be available for download. None of those who are supplying information will get it earlier than that but I have heard rumors of people obtaining the Japanese version sometime prior to Friday but I am unsure as to how or why. We will most likely start hearing of pre-release information sometime on Wednesday or so.

Last edited:

LLOsu

Smash Rookie
The game comes out where i am on 11pm 12th September since its 1 hour behind Japan so 12 am September 13th is the release date on the eshop or should be.

I see thanks for the reply looking forward to viewing this thread whilst playing the game.
I'll also post any unlockable information that i find if not already found in this thread feel free to consider or not.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Isn't Robin's victory pose him/her with Chrom?
It's on my Things-to-Add List.

I am currently working on a character move set document on Google Docs. Not sure when I will finish it but I will post it up on Thursday.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I get the feeling the game will get in the hands of someone tomorrow.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Too early. Thursday is the most likely day, based on my past experiences of watching for early purchases of Nintendo titles.
Hi Serebii. Good to have you here! Any helpful information and advice you may have is greatly appreciated,

I heard either Wednesday or Thursday as being potential days we will be getting information. I would like to make note that those days are Thursday and Friday in Japan time.

Last edited:

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
Oh man, I know what thread I'm obsessively checking over and over later in the week.

Awesome job, here's hoping the boards don't crash too badly upon release.

Clipse

Smash Cadet
Ey people!
Im buying it as well. I will make some videos for my sites, and pictures to finish with the information that is missing (alts, moves, etc).

It will be videos for my website, so I think I will focus in moveset from each character alone, or all the alts in 1 video, or the menu working... stuff like that :)

I live in Germany... so I think the game its out at 17:00 right? Im confuse still with that (I dont even speak japanese, but I get to boy Our Run! :D) I may appear here asking for help! XD

EDIT: upds, I forgot, my site is SmashBros-Miiverse.com (I think some people know already)

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , I know you've done a fine job on the OP, and everything is fairly detailed and organized. I'm not going to ask you to change it for people like me, because that would be a lot of work.

However, Smashboards has a lot of lighter themes, in which white text is very difficult to read, especially when in spoilers or quotes (so, basically, all the goodies you wrote). Leaving the text you currently have set to "white" as the default color allows me to read all of that. I currently browse with the Turquoise theme, in case you were wondering.

Although I can't read anything you wrote, I could just switch back to the normal "make your eyes bleed" standard black and orange for a while. I'll live. Thanks for all the hard work!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , I know you've done a fine job on the OP, and everything is fairly detailed and organized. I'm not going to ask you to change it for people like me, because that would be a lot of work.

However, Smashboards has a lot of lighter themes, in which white text is very difficult to read, especially when in spoilers or quotes (so, basically, all the goodies you wrote). Leaving the text you currently have set to "white" as the default color allows me to read all of that. I currently browse with the Turquoise theme, in case you were wondering.

Although I can't read anything you wrote, I could just switch back to the normal "make your eyes bleed" standard black and orange for a while. I'll live. Thanks for all the hard work!
Yeah, this is a problem for me too since I'm using the White/Blue theme. I know the majority of users use dark themes, but it's a bit annoying having to highlight all of that text for us who do use the lighter themes, and I don't think leaving the text as default color would hurt anything anyways.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Daamn. Looking quite good there guys!

I wonder if to stay to see anything spoilerrific aside from characters and stages. Rest I want to see on my own...

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Hi Serebii. Good to have you here! Any helpful information and advice you may have is greatly appreciated,

I heard either Wednesday or Thursday as being potential days we will be getting information. I would like to make note that those days are Thursday and Friday in Japan time.
Well I always cover Smash for my site, obviously with priority for the Pokémon stuff, so will be getting the game and will help here and there. Friends have convinced me to stream a bit too, though recent activity on Twitch has given me pause about doing it.

You did great work with the topic, though :)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Yeah, this is a problem for me too since I'm using the White/Blue theme. I know the majority of users use dark themes, but it's a bit annoying having to highlight all of that text for us who do use the lighter themes, and I don't think leaving the text as default color would hurt anything anyways.
Ok! I'll look into changing it then!

Well I always cover Smash for my site, obviously with priority for the Pokémon stuff, so will be getting the game and will help here and there. Friends have convinced me to stream a bit too, though recent activity on Twitch has given me pause about doing it.

You did great work with the topic, though :)
Thanks, looking forward to what you have to say!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Question: What time will the game be available to download outside of Japan? I've heard two conflicting reports multiple times- one saying that it'll be at 12 am on the 13th in Japan (for me, 11 am EST), the other saying that it'll be at 11 am Japan on the 13th (10 pm EST). I've got a Japanese 3DS and I'll be sure to be using this thread a lot, but I'd like to know when is the soonest that I'll be able to download it.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Question: What time will the game be available to download outside of Japan? I've heard two conflicting reports multiple times- one saying that it'll be at 12 am on the 13th in Japan (for me, 11 am EST), the other saying that it'll be at 11 am Japan on the 13th (10 pm EST). I've got a Japanese 3DS and I'll be sure to be using this thread a lot, but I'd like to know when is the soonest that I'll be able to download it.
So far, we are leaning on 11 AM EST (Fri) / 12 AM (Sat) Japan Time based on what amazon.co.jp is saying. : ) So just check at that time to be safe.

Same for me, and does this: /(lhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/236846-super-smash-bros-3ds-stream-will-be-held-on-niconico-this-fridayivestream) combo into the release, or is just a few hours before the release or is it a day earlier then the release?
That will begin 5 hours before the game officially comes out. It begins 6 AM EST / 7 PM JST on Friday, and the game comes out 11 AM EST (Fri) / 12 AM JST (Sat).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom