• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash 3DS Japanese Information Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Super Smash Bros. 3DS Japanese Information Discussion Thread

With Super Smash Bros. 3DS set to be released in Japan in just a few days, hype is intensifying - especially with the recent demo available on the Japanese Shop. The Smashboards staff felt it in the best interest for both members and the site to offer two separate threads:

The Super Smash Bros. 3DS Japanese Release Information Thread

And this thread, The Super Smash Bros. 3DS Japanese Information Discussion Thread.

They are both a mouthful so Information Thread and Information Discussion Thread should suffice. The purpose of both of these two threads are one in the same but also very different. The Information Thread is designed to create a database of information found within the game and to be your first stop for all Japanese information. In a day or so, they will be locked in order to keep information and news organized and without clutter. The Information Discussion Thread will be for free discussion on the game, characters, mechanics, modes, items, stages, etc.

To discuss the information coming in from the Japanese release, please use this thread.If you have a piece of information that should belong in the Information Thread, please tag myself or any number of Staff Members. To check for up to date information, please visit the Information Thread.

I hope this isn't all too confusing but we felt this was the best way to get new information to you all as well as provide a place to discuss the information reefly without cluttering the news updates.

Discuss!

Smash 4 Moderating Staff

Last edited:

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
Seeing this thread all filled up makes it seem so real! I'm the most excited about Smash Run, so I'll definitely help out with that. I've been collecting info on the Equippable Powers and Events so far, and can probably help out via searching streams. Thanks for putting this together, mod team and everyone!

edit: Actually, I can probably add some more info to the post now from what's been revealed in the demos, although I don't know how indepth it should go. Should I post the information here?

For one, the equippable weight for items varies per character in order to balance out the advantage faster characters might have. They talked about this on the treehouse stream, and seems to be confirmed here:
http://i.imgur.com/4efGXX4.jpg

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Awesome! The OP is lookin good. Very hyped.

For those that aren't going to be getting the JP version on release, be sure to tune into Zipzo and Alax's stream!

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I'm really excited for this game and I can't wait!

Soul.

Hey Venus, I just want to tell you that Peach's URL thing makes you go to Meta Knight's subforum. Everything else is fine.
Looking forward to those Smash 3DS streams!

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
This is cool! So will this be updated through the demos and such also (Sorry if you mentioned this, skimmed larger paragraphs.)

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Excellent job! It's really a great compilation of everything we know until now :grin:

Good luck with the actualizations and many thanks for all the effort

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This thread will be including PotD information as well as information from Zipzo at the Full Release Demo. As I am bound to miss stuff, inform me if I do.

Finally, once the Japanese release hits, we will be putting information into the OP and making a post about the update. For the quickest way to keep updated, I suggest watching this thread.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Finally open! Guess I have to keep up on this thread!

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Just so you know, "Mysterious Ninja" might have been a translation bloop. The name most people call Greninja's Final Smash by is "Night Slash", because its an actual move in Pokemon.

Besides that, I AM HYPED!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just so you know, "Mysterious Ninja" might have been a translation bloop. The name most people call Greninja's Final Smash by is "Night Slash", because its an actual move in Pokemon.

I am gonna get the Japanese version. So I hope I can help this thread.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Ok, I have the packet with its final smash so I will see about translating it. That is where I got most of the Final Smash's names including the Mii Fighter's moves.

I will be adding more information in a bit.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess it's time to prepare for the upcoming chaos of release week. Also, nice formatting of the OP, this will probably be my main source for info outside of YouTube for the first few weeks of the game being out.

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
So I guess I'll hold off on Smash Run info from the demos then?

I have quite a few of the powers and events, but I suppose I'll wait for streams to confirm any information I have first then.

Last edited:

Soul.

Returning things from Brawl said:
• Footstool Jumping
• Final Smashes
• Multiple, non-directional airdodges like Brawl
• Multiple taunts
• Pivot Grabs
• Aerial clashes
• Short hops
• Wall jumping
• Wall clinging
I went to a Google document that had all of Zipzo's stuff and found out that back ledge grabbing is back. You know, that "magnetic" ledge thing from Brawl when you went backwards? I'm not sure if this is going to be added.
Also, should we include fast falls in there too, since they were in Brawl?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Diddy can ohny produce one banana at a time on his down special.
Zipzo has said that, yes. But I'm not sure that's entirely true. If you look at Yoshi's page on the Smash Bros website, you can see a picture of Diddy Kong tossing a banana. But... on the screen you can see that there are in fact two bananas. All while it is possible that that is an item..... I doubt it. I'm still believing that Diddy has 2 Bananas.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Zipzo has said that, yes. But I'm not sure that's entirely true. If you look at Yoshi's page on the Smash Bros website, you can see a picture of Diddy Kong tossing a banana. But... on the screen you can see that there are in fact two bananas. All while it is possible that that is an item..... I doubt it. I'm still believing that Diddy has 2 Bananas.
We can only get the game to know if it is true. That's why you have to have a Japanese 3ds to give information in this thread.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be putting that Diddy may be only to use one banana at a time. If Zipzo or anyone of the members that I know that went to the event tries it out and confirms Diddy can only use one banana, then I will add that in as confirmed.

We can only get the game to know if it is true. That's why you have to have a Japanese 3ds to give information in this thread.
Not necessarily. If some users have actual information that those with the Japanese versions may have missed then they can submit that information though it will be verified by those who have the Japanese versions.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I will be putting that Diddy may be only to use one banana at a time. If Zipzo or anyone of the members that I know that went to the event tries it out and confirms Diddy can only use one banana, then I will add that in as confirmed.

Not necessarily. If some users have actual information that those with the Japanese versions may have missed then they can submit that information though it will be verified by those who have the Japanese versions.
Oh, and @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , can I become the member help adding information with this thread? I have Japanese 3ds.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can I help with this thread @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom ? I have Japanese 3ds and lives near Japan.
I sent you a PM. To everyone else, if you wish to contact me concerning information, supplying information or details, or asking to be apart of the Japanese 3DS members, send me a private message.

Loosely translated it is "Ninja Succession Technique". It is called "Shinobi no Hiougi" in Japanese. It most likely means "Hi Ougi" which is a term used in the Tales series (a team in Namco that is helping with Smash) but also means "a formal folding wooden fan made from hinouki cypress wood". I am guessing the correct translation is the former rather than the later.

UPDATE: I added information from this thread. I also added Japanese translations for the characters and currently working on important Japanese keywords in relation to Smash Bros.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
This is great! Thanks for all your hard work!
It's possible that it was changed to one banana late in development to help balance Diddy Kong.

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
The
I sent you a PM. To everyone else, if you wish to contact me concerning information, supplying information or details, or asking to be apart of the Japanese 3DS members, send me a private message.

Loosely translated it is "Ninja Succession Technique". It is called "Shinobi no Hiougi" in Japanese. It most likely means "Hi Ougi" which is a term used in the Tales series (a team in Namco that is helping with Smash) but also means "a formal folding wooden fan made from hinouki cypress wood". I am guessing the correct translation is the former rather than the later.

UPDATE: I added information from this thread. I also added Japanese translations for the characters and currently working on important Japanese keywords in relation to Smash Bros.
I believe the move is Mat Block. He may use Night Slash after, though

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The

I believe the move is Mat Block. He may use Night Slash after, though
Yeah, he uses Mat Block and then a over-dramatic version of Night Slash. But seeing as how the Japanese title isn't "Tatamigaeshi" or "Tsujikiri", I will be keeping the literal translation until the English title is revealed. I will note though it is a combination of the two attacks, tho. Thank you for the clarification :)

It is also interesting to note that the Final Smashes for Lucario and Charizard are not Melag Lucario/Mega Charizard but, simply, "Mega Evolution".

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
  • Rosalina's Screen KO: Slams into the screen with a her mouth open in disbelief.
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Is the expression can really be stated as"disbelief"? I think Megaman,Zelda, Rosalina all looked the same.
I think you can add the screen KO shots along with the explaination. We already got some of it already but to get a better quality, I hope we can post it after the Wii U release,since this version has more significant expression than the 3ds.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I have a suggestion for this thread. You should say what the specials actually do, especially for custom moves and newcomer moves. For the veteran section, even if their special move stays the same, I think you should list the changes from Brawl with the special instead of the changes section.
It should be
Special Move: what it does
Changes from Brawl: what has changed since brawl

Example
Link
Special Move: Hero's Bow, Link charges up an arrow and releases it as a projectile.
Changes: Link charges the bow faster giving it greater reach in more situations.
You should list that Link's arrows charge faster, Gale Boomerang does more knock back and the wind effect blows downward when thrown at an angle, Link's aerial spin attack gives Link a better vertical recovery that does not use the momentum from Link and always goes a fixed height, and the grounded Spin Attack has more knock back and power for Links changes in specials.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have a suggestion for this thread. You should say what the specials actually do, especially for custom moves and newcomer moves. For the veteran section, even if their special move stays the same, I think you should list the changes from Brawl.
For example, you should list that Link's arrows charge faster, Gale Boomerang does more knock back and the wind effect blows downward when thrown at an angle, Link's aerial spin attack gives Link a better vertical recovery that does not use the momentum from Link and always goes a fixed height, and the grounded Spin Attack has more knock back and power.
It is something I have considered but that is a lot of writing and could potentially lead to breaking that post. It is already glitching up when I try to edit it and makes editing a real headache. If anything, I will link the specials descriptions to an off-site google docs or possible a secondary post here.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It is something I have considered but that is a lot of writing and could potentially lead to breaking that post. It is already glitching up when I try to edit it and makes editing a real headache. If anything, I will link the specials descriptions to an off-site google docs or possible a secondary post here.
Ah, I see. I understand completely.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
At one point I had to just delete everything cause the formatting freaked out so badly that I had dots and squares everywhere. It was a nightmare. Anyways, I am going to bed so if you guys got any info (especially from Zipzo), that I should add in, tag or PM me or another mod.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think you can add the screen KO shots along with the explaination. We already got some of it already but to get a better quality, I hope we can post it after the Wii U release,since this version has more significant expression than the 3ds.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Gah, I said I was going to sleep lol.

I will think about it but I think I will be removing the screen splatter, move a description of it to game mechanics section, and then link it to the actual thread in the Wii U section.

4 more days! (Japan time)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I have 2 of your missing spots for voice talent:

Female Robin(English): Michelle Ruff(role reprisal from Awakening)
Fox(English): Mike West(role reprisal from Star Fox 64)
EDIT: If Magnus is voiced, it is very likely to be Fred Tatascoire(English) reprising his role.
EDIT: Keldeo has screams, which seem to be from Vic Mignogna(English) reprising his role from Kyurem vs The Sword Of Justice.*
EDIT: Arceus has a scream when being summoned which [unfortunately] sounds like Tom Wayland reprising his role from Arceus and the Jewel of Life.*

*Questionable but likely.

It's small, but anything helps :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom