• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash 3DS Japanese Information Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trick or Treat

Can someone tell me how custom moves work, when playing with friends? Does everyone need to have the moves unlocked to work, or only the host?

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Can someone tell me how custom moves work, when playing with friends? Does everyone need to have the moves unlocked to work, or only the host?
Looking at the online videos, I assume it doens't matter.

The data is already there, so the game shouldn't have a problem just making it happen.

Much like how you can play against peopel with unlocked characters while you don't have one.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I am looking for info on the snapshot feature in this game (pictures taken from pause menu during matches). Are they saved in an encrypted format like Brawl's snapshots, or are they regular image files as with other 3DS games?

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
What's the extent of online play with friends? I'm just curious about the options for playing with friends who are not nearby.

I know obviously that basic smash battles are possible but anything else?

Like, are there any options for co-op activities? Can you and your friend team up via online and participate in 2v2s or something? I know Smash run isn't an option and I doubt all-star mode can be played over online. Is there any sort of interactivity other than the basic vs mode?

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
What's the extent of online play with friends? I'm just curious about the options for playing with friends who are not nearby.

I know obviously that basic smash battles are possible but anything else?

Like, are there any options for co-op activities? Can you and your friend team up via online and participate in 2v2s or something? I know Smash run isn't an option and I doubt all-star mode can be played over online. Is there any sort of interactivity other than the basic vs mode?
If you want to play with friends, you can only play with friends. If you want to play with random people, you can only play with random people.

With friends you can do any type of regular match with any rules, including custom moves/characters and Mii Fighters. That's it.

With randoms you can do FFA with items and any stage, or team items with stage. Also known as For Fun.

With For Glory you can play FFA with no items and only FD versions of any stage. It's randomly picked. Then there are 1on1 battles which are the same. You will be randomly paired with people and the stage will be randomly picked. There is a 45 second timer on each "stage" of starting the match.

The first "stage" of starting the match is picking your character. The 45 seconds start when there are two people ready to play in the match. Then, after that you will go through a loading screen and meet with a training room, where you'll stay for a bit until both players are at the "OK" stage. Once the game is over, you will have 45 seconds to stay on the winning screen, where you can press A and then Y to save a replay. You can save about 20-30 replays I believe before the normal 4GB SD card is full.

After that, the cycle resets. You can also check your stats in the For Glory mode.

That's about all you can do online.

BanjoK&MarioBros

Smash Cadet
May I ask how the local play is? Because when me and my brother played the demo, there was no lag whatsoever. Thanks!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This thread is being closed due to the international release of the game. Sta tuned for further information regarding said international release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom