• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR 2 - Registration is Now Live at SKTAR.com! - August 3rd, 2013 - Somerset NJ

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
honestly, at first I didn't support project M much, but the game is getting way better, and way bigger, as time goes on. A lot of people nowadays go to tourneys just to play project M. I've been at more project M events than Brawl events in past few months honestly. It is getting real legit and interesting. Except Sonic is still dumb.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
What? Sonic kinda sucks, Falco destoys him, then again it's Falco. I agree, having the option to turn tap button off actually gives some brawlers the mood to play it. Not sure why we're hosting Brawl tournaments with Melee at the same time I'd just put P;M lol.

Keitaro

Is it possible to get a ride to and from the airport? If so, who do I talk to?
If you arrive at Newark Airport you can take the train straight from the airport to New Brunswick train station where I can have someone pick you up. I will still try to get someone to pick people up from NY airports as the event gets closer.

How long is registration open?
Registration prices increase at the end of May and registration completely closes Monday night July 29th at midnight.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Keitaro. The attendees.php cannot be found, and the registration page logo still says sktar july 14-15 2012

also, the link to contact you via smashboards is broken

Keitaro

Keitaro. The attendees.php cannot be found, and the registration page logo still says sktar july 14-15 2012

also, the link to contact you via smashboards is broken
Thanks for the heads up. I decided to not show the attendies list for my tournament. I wanted to take off the attendies link but Bionic Sonic needs to do that for me. Also I asked him to update the date on the registration page too :/

I will ask him to do it again. As for the attendies list not being there, I used this reasoning: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...828718.-2207520000.1367435603.&type=3&theater

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
One of the two tournaments I want to go to, yet it will cost me at least over $2000 just to get there and back. **** Australia when it comes to smash! ;_;
Did you get a job? :o If you could go I would be so ridiculously excited for you BC buddy!!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I do but I'm trying to save up for Tafe to study youth work, I may be getting Youth allowance from Centerlink but it won't be enough though.
Ask your mum for money like you said I should have done all those months ago. :p

You would be the closest link I have to American smash in the real. =O

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, I, umm...

You called me 'brother' once and it was nice... it was like i'd actually met you in RL, which is what I really want to do one day...

I feel more distant from some of the Sydney peeps maybe. They're a nice bunch but i'd like to meet the other scenes as well (One of the reasons i'm attending BAM) and even international players.

So... well...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So... I'm signing up as we speak.
Please make me hate your region's tournaments less than Apex kthx

Keitaro

Whohoo nice! Great stuff to the people who registered before the price increase. Glad to see you're coming again Osennecho. This event will be much bigger than Xsmash!

Black Mantis you are also smart for regging early :cool:

Keitaro

@Master Raven: So hyped to hear this!

@NickRiddle: The best airport to fly into is the Newark International Airport (EWR). It is the closest to the venue and a train from the airport can take you almost right to the venue. You'll want to arrive to the New Brunswick train station which is only 5 to 10 minutes away from the venue driving wise. Finding someone to get you from there shouldn't be hard. May be setting up someone to give people rides from there often.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Okay. From what I saw last night I will be coming in early morning the 2nd. Haven't bought tickets yet, but that seemed to be the cheapest route.

Keitaro

Okay. From what I saw last night I will be coming in early morning the 2nd. Haven't bought tickets yet, but that seemed to be the cheapest route.
That seems like a good option. Be sure to check out Tony T's hotel/housing thread. It can be seen on the SKTAR website. Would link but I'm on my phone.

Top Bottom