• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR 2 - Registration is Now Live at SKTAR.com! - August 3rd, 2013 - Somerset NJ

Sar

Smash Journeyman
So my friend and I really want to come to this for our first big tourney. Might as well get stomped on by the best of the best, right? =P

We're coming from Danbury, CT, and driving isn't an option. What else *might* work?

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
Megabus has a stop in New Brunswick, NJ. The actual stop is about a 10 minute drive from the venue.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I have someone that can provide rides from New Brunswick to the venue. Will be posting about it soon.

Keitaro

Thought I posted about that. When I checked it wasn't up yet for SKTAR weekend at that point in time. It may be availanle now. I will check when I get out of work around 4:30, but if anyone wants to check themselves you may be able to find it at NJTransit.com.

Player-1

Smash Legend
We get into Newark around 4:40 friday and we're trying to get to the Motel6 that most of the other ppl are staying at.

Our flight leaves 7 am on monday back to it, so we were probably going to stay the night at the airport and so leave some time sunday night to get to it

edit: also is anyone providing rides from the motel to the venue? It says on google maps it's a 2 hour walk >.>

another edit: also, how far is the train station from the motel and the venue? Is it within walking distance or will anyone be providing rides to/from them?

Player-1

Smash Legend
There's a hotel where the venue is? What hotel is this? I thought most people were staying at the hotel where tonyt was offering his housing deal since that's the only one I've seen advertised here.

Player-1

Smash Legend
We get into Newark around 4:40 friday and we're trying to get to the Motel6 that most of the other ppl are staying at.

Our flight leaves 7 am on monday back to it, so we were probably going to stay the night at the airport and so leave some time sunday night to get to it

edit: also is anyone providing rides from the motel to the venue? It says on google maps it's a 2 hour walk >.>

another edit: also, how far is the train station from the motel and the venue? Is it within walking distance or will anyone be providing rides to/from them?

Well I still need answers to these >.>

Keitaro

Yes, Shippo will be providing rides from the hotel to the venue. Sorry I've been working on my trailer and working full time for the past couple days that I've barely been online. Tomorrow I will update the Shippo info after I fully work out details with him.

He will be providing rides New Brunswick train station, Motel 6, and the venue for Saturday and Sunday.

From Newark airport you can take a train to New Brunswick train station where I can then have someone pick you up and bring you to the hotel.

I'm gonna drop this here even though I don't think anybody is asking for it. When I landed at Newark for Apex, I had a bad time figuring out public transportation from the airport to New Brunswick. The day after, I noticed other people on the boards were having trouble as well, so I wrote them a reply with exactly what I did to make it to New Brunswick. I'm going to assume that people will forever have troubles with Jersey's ****ty transportation services so here's the copy/paste of what I wrote to my friend back in January.

So I just did this yesterday, here's what I did.

When I landed, I followed the signs to the baggage claim, then followed the signs to the AirTrain. The AirTrain is a secondary train system that takes you to NJ Transit, the main railroad system. So yeah there are two trains to take.

When you follow the signs to AirTrain, you'll make it to a machine where you can buy your ticket to New Brunswick. It cost like $15 for me (1 adult person one-way). You're not going to use the ticket immediately, instead just hold onto it.

Go up the escalator and take a train that is going the same direction that you are facing (it should be the one on the right). Step in the little train and get off at the 2nd stop (Rail Link).

When you get off at the station, you're going to follow a bunch of signs that say Trenton. Trenton is the final stop in the corridor line. If you want to go to Trenton, you have to pass through New Brunswick first. You should find yourself at the far side of the train station. You can use the giant LCD TV to follow which train to take. When the train arrives, you'll be there for like 30 min until you arrive at New Brunswick.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Then I think the last things we need to know if the train station is within walking distance of the venue and what time the last train departs on Sunday night (or monday morning if you want to be technical). Since we have a 7 am flight on monday our plan is to just stay the night at the airport and leave directly from the venue to the train station.

Keitaro

The train isn't walking distance from the venue, but my driver (Shippo) will be able to pick up people for that too. Tournament will end latest 10 pm btw.

Player-1

Smash Legend
ok ya, based on some of the other times that the stations close down then that should be plenty of time.

Is this going to be bracket pools, are they going to be posted before the tournament?

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Keitaro wrote at 2:49 PM on Jul 23, 2013 :
Pools should be out Wednesday night July 31st.

I'm pretty sure it will be bracket pools again just like the last one.

TSM ZeRo

Accepting all Money Matches at this tournament that are tournament standard (And me using MK, of course!). Bring it on!!

(PM me or contact me at the venue!).

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Hey guys I know its super last minute but any one want between the south west and Atlantic north region to car pool to Sktar for 85$

Keitaro

That's actually not the registration number. After 2 years I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that is lol.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Can anyone else not see the list of attendees? It keeps giving me an error.

Also my body is ready for this tourney.

Top Bottom