• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle and Cut Weeklies - Rancho Cucamonga/Alta Loma (First post updated)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hello Everyone,
(I am borrowing Hubers screen name)
My name is Mistie I am the General Manager for Shuffle and Cut Games, I am here to announce a $200 Cash tournament for this saturday @ 1pm . Entry fee is $10.00 with a 30 player minimum. More than 30 players will increase the prize pool. If this goes well we will be running a Nintendo Wii Tournament in the near future, along with more cash tournament's once a month and standard tournaments every Saturday. Any Questions or suggestions feel free to contact me in this thread, or by phone or email.
(909) 948-3883 mistie@shuffleandcut.com

Thanks Again for all your support and we hope to see you there!
Mistie!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I don't run these tournaments, I'm simply relaying the information provided onto the community)

Shuffle and Cut, a card/gaming store, has took it upon themselves to begin to do weekly SSBM tournaments. They are striving to become one of the biggest hotspots for smash in Socal, and will do their best to please the smash community.

Store number - (909)-948-3883

The store can be found at:

8605 1/2 Base Line Rd.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

The address doesn't show up on Mapquest, but you can use Google Earth to find it. Heres a picture from Google Earth of where it is.

The rules are traditional MLG standards, so theres no problem there.

They already have 4 TVs set up, and I don't think people need to bring them. As more people come, the more prepared they will be. I was also told that if at any time that the number of participants breaks 100, they will rent a place for smash tournaments only. o_O

As of now, payment is store credit (so they can make up for the money they spent on TVs and such.) However, once that payment is finished, they will begin paying in cash.

1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

Singles - $5
Doubles - $10 per team

There is no set schedule for tournaments, because the store is willing to do as many tournaments in one day as people want (up until midnight). So, if you do bad in one tourney, you can make up for it in the same day. ^_^

Anyways, I really hope people show up to these weeklies. The employees at the store are extremely friendly, and always willing to listen to what can make their tournaments better. Also, theres card tournaments that go on throughout the day (Yugioh anyone?), so you can always take a break and play something else. :)

Lit

Smash Ace
well ima try to be up there every week... i dont know if i can go EVERY week though bec i have to spent time wit my girl so i dont know we will havel to see...

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
>_>...any help for this week would be just freakin great guys >_>...
Any way I could contact the person behind these tourneys so...we could maybe come to some sort of compromise? Or work out a better solution then having it be My Tournament Vs. Theirs?

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
How about go to B****'s tourney then have an after party @ S&C!!
That always works >_>... We are only about 2 miles apart...If I could talk to the person behind the tournaments then I'm sure we could come to some sort of agreement like that.

I would LOVE for it to work like that...I just need someone from over there to confirm or deny it.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Alright! Thats Great Then...One thing is...doubles for mine starts at 1 oclock...You guys hook up at S&C for a mini tourney at 10? Then come to mine at 11:30 for some friendlies and start the tourney at 1? Sound good to all?

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
yeah, can you please compromise with b!tch3s cause 2 tournies 2 miles from each other is kinda rediculous.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Good idea :D. Yeah...everyone...after my tournament we all head down to S&C to have a smaller one over there. Fair for both sides and more smash for us.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Shuffle And Cut Is Down For Everyone To Come Over Here After That Tourney Is Over. And We Mean Everyone!!! I Just Talked To My Manager And As Long As We Have 20 Or More Players We Will Stay Open Past Closing. We Will Run As Many Tournament As Our Players Want. Single And Doubles Tourneys All Day Long.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll be there tonight, whenever I come home.

Zenith

Smash Ace
I'm gonna see if I can make it next week (hopefully)
Need to get ready for SSR3.

Wreckless

Smash Journeyman
Wow, i can't beleive i got last.

Arak took me out, but close game tho :] I'll try to get my samus better to annoy you next time :D

Then i played DC in looser bracket cuzz he HAD to go and get a hair cut and got forfeited into Loosers; but, close game on that falcon and fox.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I gotta start owning in Yugioh to prove to Luigi that buying me a deck over Pokemon cards was a good decision. :p

Horses ftw?

Knivez

Smash Ace
good stuff luigi.

guess that knives training is paying off ^_^

nah you got some part in your victory i guess ahah.

anyways i'll **** u when we play next with my marth.

araknophobik

Smash Master
only thing worth mentioning was luigi beating its david
if this isn't ranked material, i dont know what is...

and luigi you shoulda bought me a chocolate...*****

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Luigi would've bought you one if you beat me. :p

As for the results, they dont have the authority to save the files, so I might need some help recreating the last two brackets.

If anyone going could bring a flashdrive, it would be a big help. That way, you can just send the file to Neal ^_^

Top Bottom