• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle And Cut Cash Weeklies

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
maybe if u make the tournys every fri? or sun? i doubt tournys are taking place on those dates, either way ill be coming to these anyone now if the train goes out there?

Suxor

Smash Cadet
Hey 6th Im going to UCLA with Neighborhood if you wanna play n stuff over there
Ill be going to Shuffle and Cut whenever I can there should be a calendar or site

or is there?...

btw thanks for the invite my aim is XxInReveri3xX

Lit

Smash Ace
yeah they have been weeklys from about a month now.... but we should all do sumthin on firday since us high school kids dont have school... 6th wat u doin and were is wreckless at

trafficwarden99

Smash Journeyman
Sure Wreckless?
I want to believe you that it's saturday...
But you lied and said it was in the first post.
Which it is not.
:/

trafficwarden99

Smash Journeyman
Because the first post doesn't contain the word "Saturday" once.
Yawnz... Hmmm... It might be fun playing you kids again.
And apparently, my friend knows your sister Derek.
Crazy huh?

Lit

Smash Ace
Will there be a tourny or something this sat?
yeah there is going to be one this sat... but theres proably not going to be that much people there though....

Because the first post doesn't contain the word "Saturday" once.
Yawnz... Hmmm... It might be fun playing you kids again.
And apparently, my friend knows your sister Derek.
Crazy huh?
And wat u mean kids im not that young... i almost have hair on my face...
just catch me in a month just watch :grin:

Suxor

Smash Cadet
haha Derek ill go to Shuffle this weekend cant go 2 UCLA :/

hope im getting better you can be my Shan'do

-F_a_T_e-

Smash Cadet
gah ill try to go on saturday. If not ill play 4 fun on friday with wreckless and headache. I nvr c 6th.....literally. O.o

Lit

Smash Ace
im telling u everyone should go down there today ... like really if u arnt doing anything than u should go down to s@c tom bec i know for a fact that me and wreckless will be down there if ppl are going to show up down there

Suxor

Smash Cadet
I main Yoshi I have the bus plans to get there so Ill go most likely unless Im assasinated

what time guys really? I get off @ 2 from school I can go from there on :)

you guys dont have instant messenger -.-?

Lit

Smash Ace
gah ill try to go on saturday. If not ill play 4 fun on friday with wreckless and headache. I nvr c 6th.....literally. O.o
well f-a-t-e all i can say is call me bec i dont know if i will stop by your house at all today

Lit

Smash Ace
well make sure that u can so we can accutaly play sum matches man...

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Do these tournament go all day? I remember hearing that they did 2 singles tourney's or something like that was that a one time thing?

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
So not many people showed up again?? Darn! That sucks. I ran out of cash so I couldn't make it this week.

Well, I think everyone who has gone to these before should spread the word on the next tournaments so we can bring a bigger turnout. The next one will be Saturday June 2nd.

If you haven't been to one of these tournaments before, let me tell you what it's like:

They have 4-5 tvs and all of them are big. There's no 13 inch tvs where you have to squint to see the screen. No! All their tvs are decent sized. They have a decent set up too. It might get a little crowded if you're playing doubles though. At first they gave out store credit for prizes but that made fewer and fewer people show up each week. Then they were holding a tournament for a Wii for 1st prize but still few people showed up. This guy has been trying and trying to get more people to come and he's putting a lot of money into these tournaments and the good thing is that he asks everyone what they need to change in order to improve their tournaments. Now he's doing it the standard way, singles and doubles tournament, winners win the pot. The only thing is that he has the price just a couple bucks more so he can pay for all the large tvs and cubes they bought. You pay just a small amount more, but you get large tvs and a decent set up in return.

Since it wasn't cash prizes, I see how some of the top players wouldn't show up. But now it's cash prizes and people who aren't top players are winning and making money. So if you're not a top player, you should come because you have a chance to win. And if you are a top player, you have a better chance of winning so you should come anyway.

Oh! And I hear too many excuses of "Why would I drive 50 miles to a tournament only to win very little money?" And my answer for that is that you've never won money anyway!! Haha! I hear people who have never won a tournament complaining about the money. If you never win tournaments in the first place, then why would you complain about the payout? Don't most of us go to compete and be the best that we can be? Since when is money a factor for most of us? Since when is winning money more important than just winning?

Anyway, I think we should aim to make the June 2nd tournament the biggest one ever. I think JTB, Evil Nemesis, Araknaphobic, Loki, DC, Mr. P Body, and anyone else who have been showing up to these should see what they could do about getting as many people as possible to show up to the next one.

Alta Loma, Rancho Cucamonga, and Pomona need to represent. There are lots of Smashers in those areas who aren't representing.

Riverside/Moreno Valley needs to represent.

Lit

Smash Ace
clap.. clap that was such a true speech... ill be there and i might bring some people wit me..

Top Bottom