• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shovel Knight ~ Steel Thy Shovel! Amiibo CONFIRMED!

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Unfortunatl

This means this leaker is caught red handed as a fraud

This amiibo has nothing to do with smash

You guys only hope left is if they make a second version of this amiibo and its the smash version.

Not really. 'The leaker' only said that: A shovel Knight Amiibo was coming AND he was coming to smash as DLC. these two things are seperate. one half of what he said came true the day after and he also said the DLC would be announced between now and 2 months. so only time will tell.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Not really. 'The leaker' only said that: A shovel Knight Amiibo was coming AND he was coming to smash as DLC. these two things are seperate. one half of what he said came true the day after and he also said the DLC would be announced between now and 2 months. so only time will tell.
Oh ok

But how do you know hes not just saying that to disguise his lie

Thats what gemusatu did when it backfired on him when it was robin and lucina instead of shulk on that reveal trailer day.
(Even though that was probably real and during early development.)

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
because he said that from the start and he's not 'backpedaling' because he started the leak with 2 separate 'leaks'

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Tamaki is bad, go away from him please.

- shovel in smash! , my source say smash maybe....maybe LATER.. *amiibo reveal*
ahhh i'm not really sure but the amiibo things is real!

Seriously sorry for my bad english but this guy is a nowhere.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Regardless of this Tamaki person's reputation, there are (supposedly) different sources reporting Shovel Knight for Smash, besides the amiibo and the upcoming maintenance/a patch on the 31. Obviously anyone in their right mind should assume the rumor/leak is fake, but getting used to the idea of Shovel Knight coming to Smash might be advisable.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I've been better off ignoring all rumors that didn't have any proof and been much better off for it. A coincidence is a coincidence... Just because there's a SK amiibo doesn't mean any of these rumors are validated. Like with the Gemastu and Tower of Smash nonsense.

Reila

I've been better off ignoring all rumors that didn't have any proof and been much better off for it. A coincidence is a coincidence... Just because there's a SK amiibo doesn't mean any of these rumors are validated. Like with the Gemastu and Tower of Smash nonsense.
Good for you?

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I (amongst many others) was pranked by some youtuber who said he had captured the video of SK's official reveal at PAX with his phone and uploaded it to his channel. He had even uploaded the official trailer. When I clicked on the latter, I found out it was only a Rick Astley prank. I'm not even sure that I support Shovel Knight for Smash, yet I seriously wanted to smash that guy's head into a wall (which is a feat for someone as non-violent as I am).

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
This is getting repetitive now guys, what is with all the doom and gloom? We all know that a Smash appearance isn't confirmed. But seeing as this is the character campaign thread, people should just focus on how to help with that when Shovel Knight is finally getting some much needed attention as a real possibility.

After the third party involvement with the Skylanders: SuperChargers Amiibos, I also don't know why people are acting like this is totally new ground for Nintendo to team up with someone else or treating it like it is a risky move for them to do so. Amiibos print money there is no risk involved.

I'd now just like to point out to the thread creator and anyone else that may want to make future Smash mock ups, the Shovel Knight symbol is officially this:

upload_2015-8-28_22-11-9.png

It's a shovel with a knight carved in it, pretty self-explanatory.

The picture itself was off center so that's why it isn't perfectly even. I also made a hasty edit to show that the shovel handle extends into the inner circle to match the box art symbol, and obviously the circles should not be included when making a Smash character symbol.

Here it is faded in the box art for the correct proportions:

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
This is getting repetitive now guys, what is with all the doom and gloom? We all know that a Smash appearance isn't confirmed. But seeing as this is the character campaign thread, people should just focus on how to help with that when Shovel Knight is finally getting some much needed attention as a real possibility.

After the third party involvement with the Skylanders: SuperChargers Amiibos, I also don't know why people are acting like this is totally new ground for Nintendo to team up with someone else or treating it like it is a risky move for them to do so. Amiibos print money there is no risk involved.

I'd now just like to point out to the thread creator and anyone else that may want to make future Smash mock ups, the Shovel Knight symbol is officially this:

View attachment 70685

It's a shovel with a knight carved in it, pretty self-explanatory.

The picture itself was off center so that's why it isn't perfectly even. I also made a hasty edit to show that the shovel handle extends into the inner circle to match the box art symbol, and obviously the circles should not be included when making a Smash character symbol.

Here it is faded in the box art for the correct proportions:

Well, it seems that the amiibo is the first great step to gaining greater exposure to the Nindies scene. If Shovel Knight does not make it into Smash 4, then we can always speculate his inclusion for the next smash.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

After seeing multiple character support threads go to hell after the disconfirmations, I'd much rather take some time to point out why XYZ doesn't mean anything and nip it in the bud rather then deal with raging fans later.

Actually no, because the Skylanders amiibo are both Mario characters and Skylanders toys which are proven to sell. The SK amiibo is a complete shot in the dark.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
After seeing multiple character support threads go to hell after the disconfirmations, I'd much rather take some time to point out why XYZ doesn't mean anything and nip it in the bud rather then deal with raging fans later.

Actually no, because the Skylanders amiibo are both Mario characters and Skylanders toys which are proven to sell. The SK amiibo is a complete shot in the dark.
This is pretty much the cause of my warning. If you guys didn't see the Ridley thread after the game launch, well... It was not something I would wish to befall any other support thread.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
This is pretty much the cause of my warning. If you guys didn't see the Ridley thread after the game launch, well... It was not something I would wish to befall any other support thread.
Even the K. Rool thread was pretty bad after the costume... All because they assumed the updated trademark was going to be something big.

Just don't want history to repeat itself on a character I care about.

Reila

Some folks on NeoGAF are claiming Nintendo is heavily promoting DLC again on twitter. I don't have a twitter account so I can't confirm it, but if true, then we might get DLC-related news in the following days. If Shovel Knight is in Smash, surely he is going to be the next character announced .

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Some folks on NeoGAF are claiming Nintendo is heavily promoting DLC again on twitter. I don't have a twitter account so I can't confirm it, but if true, then we might get DLC-related news in the following days. If Shovel Knight is in Smash, surely he is going to be the next character announced .
You can view Twitter feeds without having an account. :p

NOA isn't talking about Smash DLC currently. At least, nothing about new Smash DLC.

Reila

You can view Twitter feeds without having an account. :p

NOA isn't talking about Smash DLC currently. At least, nothing about new Smash DLC.
But can you see promoted posts without an account? And I didn't say anything about new DLC, just that they are promoting DLC again (according to others)... Two months after they were released.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
But can you see promoted posts without an account? And I didn't say anything about new DLC, just that they are promoting DLC again (according to others)... Two months after they were released.
Ah. I'm not familiar with Twitter terminology, so I don't know what "promoting" means. :p

Promoting products after they were released doesn't seem abnormal to me.

Reila

Well then, ignore what I posted above. Life goes one :)

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
If Shovel Knight does make it in, I want some music to go with him. I loved the OST of that game so much.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Nintendo's weird. Last year they were showing off MK8 at E3 2014 when it had just came out and didn't announce any DLC. Usually when Nintendo's showing off old content, they're showing off old content...

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Nintendo's weird. Last year they were showing off MK8 at E3 2014 when it had just came out and didn't announce any DLC. Usually when Nintendo's showing off old content, they're showing off old content...
Yeah. This.
If they were doing something that was expensive, that may be different. But all of these promotions cost very little, so I think it's just trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of it.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
They did? I remember watching the Digital Event about forty times during last year and don't remember anything about MK8 being in it. I don't exactly remember it being part of the Treehouse either?

Or they could trick us into thinking so. I see two options to this (two options that already occurred with previous Sm4sh reveals)

1. Remember when Sakurai posted a Pic of the Day teasing Duck Hunt's reveal trailer in an upcoming Nintendo Direct during the pre-Sm4sh for Wii U launch days? In the end, it ended up being Bowser Jr revealed first. What if just like that one time, they are using the Shovel Knight amiibo as bait to lure us into thinking that he's going to be revealed real soon, only to reveal a different character instead and keeping his announcement trailer for a future event.

2. You know about how Ryu and Roy launched on the same day as Lucas, but we were supposed to only get Lucas back then, leak/datamining info aside? I could see SK doing the same trick when one previously announced character launches just before the ballot's end. (So basically, this option would have to unfold in September)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
They did? I remember watching the Digital Event about forty times during last year and don't remember anything about MK8 being in it. I don't exactly remember it being part of the Treehouse either?

Or they could trick us into thinking so. I see two options to this (two options that already occurred with previous Sm4sh reveals)

1. Remember when Sakurai posted a Pic of the Day teasing Duck Hunt's reveal trailer in an upcoming Nintendo Direct during the pre-Sm4sh for Wii U launch days? In the end, it ended up being Bowser Jr revealed first. What if just like that one time, they are using the Shovel Knight amiibo as bait to lure us into thinking that he's going to be revealed real soon, only to reveal a different character instead and keeping his announcement trailer for a future event.

2. You know about how Ryu and Roy launched on the same day as Lucas, but we were supposed to only get Lucas back then, leak/datamining info aside? I could see SK doing the same trick when one previously announced character launches just before the ballot's end. (So basically, this option would have to unfold in September)
Yeah, it was on the show floor. Treehouse didn't have much of a reason to play it obviously.

Nintendo's not much for bait-and-switch. With the Duck Hunt example the game was out already. With the Lucas example there wasn't any trickery... Your theories hinge on the idea that Shovel Knight is in Smash, to which we have been given evidence for the opposite. Surely you see the critical flaw here?

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Yeah, it was on the show floor. Treehouse didn't have much of a reason to play it obviously.

Nintendo's not much for bait-and-switch. With the Duck Hunt example the game was out already. With the Lucas example there wasn't any trickery... Your theories hinge on the idea that Shovel Knight is in Smash, to which we have been given evidence for the opposite. Surely you see the critical flaw here?
Well yeah, sorry about that. But these are just that: theories. Suppositions.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Funny how something as simple as a plastic figurine can throw the community into an uproar. lol

For one, I love the way the amiibo looks. Think it looks cool.

Does this mean Shovel is in Smash? No. Does this mean he is deconfirmed? Heck no.

Soo many people jump to conclusions when stuff like this arises. We won't know whether a certain character or another has made it until their reveal trailer is staring us in the face, or until this whole thing is officially over. No one should get their hopes up... yet, at the same time, no one should fold just yet either...

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I think the Amiibo is a great news to the developers, imagine that you create a game, and it do so well that is in all the platforms, has exclusive DLC and a colectable figure that could mean that their characer can get in one of the most popular games ever...
in that same way, is a way to make them to produce content exclusive to Nintendo, and making a deal for years to come "you make good games for us, you get rewards"...
If Shovel Knight getinto Smash it would be fantastic to the Indie Scene... Maybe some people don't want him because he is too new, but we got Ryu, and he didn't have a game in the home console since the Snes. maybe we could get a lot of Shovelry games in the furute, as a new kind of franchise.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
The fact that Shovel Knight just HAPPENS to get an amiibo right around the time we should be expecting the first Smash Ballot character to be revealed seems a bit fishy you know? While he's neither confirmed nor de-confirmed to be in the game, I feel like the odds are definitely stacked in his favor.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I kinda want shovel knight in because he's a knight...with a shovel...also cuz I wanna do meta knight vs shovel knight.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I would sincerely not be surprised at all if Shovel Knight won the Smash Ballot and that's the reason why he has an Amiibo now.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hello guys; I made something for you;

"I'm worthy enough?"

The dramatic theme was chosen by all this debate about an indie character being deserving or not deserving to be part of the cast of Smash4; and principally, to stand right after all these high icons of the gaming industry. And since the character of Shovel Knight is all about justice, dignity and respect, I thought that would be fitting.. like, the biggest honor he could have would be to get the acceptance of this cold judge.

--I'm completely neutral on this, btw.. I'll (probably) get salty by his inclusion (if he gets in the game), but just me being me.. Nothing against the character (in fact, I really like the SK and the game it's simply one of the finest things in gaming the last few years), I'm just not signing the support, since I do have many other "priority" characters I wanted to see getting in. But I wish good luck.

I hope you guys like;

SonicMario

Smash Master
The fact that Shovel Knight just HAPPENS to get an amiibo right around the time we should be expecting the first Smash Ballot character to be revealed seems a bit fishy you know? While he's neither confirmed nor de-confirmed to be in the game, I feel like the odds are definitely stacked in his favor.
I would sincerely not be surprised at all if Shovel Knight won the Smash Ballot and that's the reason why he has an Amiibo now.
Not to burst your guy's bubbles, but Yacht Club Games said the Amiibo was first planned and/or pitched to Nintendo about a year ago. Ergo, before anyone knew there was going to be a Smash Ballot. And even before Smash 4 was released. (And heck, only months after Shovel Knight was released in the first place). So in all likelihood even in the event Shovel Knight did somehow get chosen through the ballot. It would be just a big coincidence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom