• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shovel Knight ~ Steel Thy Shovel! Amiibo CONFIRMED!

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
At this very point, with how everything has gone, i am in full support of the shovel warrior now.
Not really relevant to your post, but you reminded me that an action figure Kickstarter designed a Super Sentai version of Shovel Knight, which unfortunately didn't make the stretch goal.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior

Take it for what you will

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
No offense to anybody involved, but just because a Smashboards mod thinks a "leak" is real doesn't mean much when others had 100% faith in a Ridley leak and Tower of Smash.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
No offense to anybody involved, but just because a Smashboards mod thinks a "leak" is real doesn't mean much when others had 100% faith in a Ridley leak and Tower of Smash.
Who was the admin that said that for TOS?

And I wonder who the admin is that will back this one up?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114

Take it for what you will
Erm... what? What does this have to do with Shovel Knight? I don't follow. (ha twitter puns)

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Erm... what? What does this have to do with Shovel Knight? I don't follow. (ha twitter puns)
It's a little vague, presumably to keep the person anonymous.

But basically, the source that told him SK is in also told him Ninty will start selling codes online like this. Or so he claims. Thing is, he only claims after it comes out, so it's a little sketchy.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114

But basically, the source that told him SK is in also told him Ninty will start selling codes online like this. Or so he claims. Thing is, he only claims after it comes out, so it's a little sketchy.
Believe the leak, not the leaker. (Y'know, like how scientists say to "believe the theory, not who proposed it.") He may have credibility, but that doesn't mean that every "leak" will be accurate. Case in point, the ESRB leaker and his fake DLC leak.

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Considering the guy wasn't sure if the exclusive content would reach other platforms, I don't think guy is even aware of Super Smash Bros.
He's a higher up, the "Captain"

Sounds more like it's "undecided"

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Havent been on the character discussion thread. So I don't know the rules on leaks and such. But I just saw this on 4 chan, (yeah so reliable right? :cool: ) Has anyone seen this before? Shovel Knight's not one of my first choices but I would like to see what they do with him in the game.

I want to believe but..

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I've watched some gameplay videos of Shovel Knight, and from what I've seen, it looks like a very challenging and addicting game.

Though I'm honestly not a huge supporter of Shovel Knight, in the end I wouldn't be bothered so long as he brings something new to the table.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
He's a higher up, the "Captain"

Sounds more like it's "undecided"
To me it sounds like he's just a representative. When you don't know what to say about something, even if it's outlandish, you have to say that you can't say.

I mean, it doesn't exactly make sense to take the paid content of something on one platform, and said platform has no other exclusive content, mind you, and make it presumably free on another.

Havent been on the character discussion thread. So I don't know the rules on leaks and such. But I just saw this on 4 chan, (yeah so reliable right? :cool: ) Has anyone seen this before? I want to believe but..

SK looks like a bad photoshop to me.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
To me it sounds like he's just a representative. When you don't know what to say about something, even if it's outlandish, you have to say that you can't say.

I mean, it doesn't exactly make sense to take the paid content of something on one platform, and said platform has no other exclusive content, mind you, and make it presumably free on another.

SK looks like a bad photoshop to me.
He's literally the founder of YC, hence the Captain title.
If there's something up, he'll know about it.

Edit: Sorry about Double Post. I was careless.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I didn't vote for him or anything -- my votes went to the Inkling, Captain Toad, and ICs -- but I'd be down for Shovel Knight.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
A theory by @epicmartin7 :

So, this just may be me strawgrasping, but I'd though I would share this anyway. You guys know of the description they put under Amiibos on the Nintendo of America website? Well, I did some digging and found out they are practically (albeit modified) the trophy descriptions from Smash Wii U/3DS. Here's an example right here:
Here's Shovel Knight's Amiibo description as well:
To me, something seems off with the description of him. It seems as if it would fit perfectly in Smash Bros...
Now, this of course could still be straw grasping. Not every Amiibo has a trophy in Smash, nor the "exact" description from Smash. An example is Digby's Smash trophy compared to his non-smash Amiibo.

All in all, it does seem it could fit in Smash very well, but I'm just making assumptions. What do you guys think?

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
A theory by @epicmartin7 :

So, this just may be me strawgrasping, but I'd though I would share this anyway. You guys know of the description they put under Amiibos on the Nintendo of America website? Well, I did some digging and found out they are practically (albeit modified) the trophy descriptions from Smash Wii U/3DS. Here's an example right here:
Here's Shovel Knight's Amiibo description as well:
To me, something seems off with the description of him. It seems as if it would fit perfectly in Smash Bros...
Now, this of course could still be straw grasping. Not every Amiibo has a trophy in Smash, nor the "exact" description from Smash. An example is Digby's Smash trophy compared to his non-smash Amiibo.

All in all, it does seem it could fit in Smash very well, but I'm just making assumptions. What do you guys think?
After taking some random trophies, the shortest I found was 46 characters, the longest 63. Playable character trophies tended towards the low 50s. Shovel Knight is 54 characters, so the length checks out.

Thing is, most playable characters discussed them IN TERMS OF SMASH. For example...

This is the namesake of the Legend of Zelda games. Her appearance may change, but she always plays an important role. In Smash Bros., she's quick on the draw when it comes to magic, though a bit slow when moving. She has a new move that summons a Phantom to her aid.
The female trainer who helps you in the Wii Fit series. She favors a fighting style composed of yoga poses. This makes her a capable close-quarters fighter, but she has ranged attacks as well. She also has a move called Deep Breathing, which can heal you and increase attack power if timed right.
The iconic Fire/Flying-type Pokémon. Charizard's scorching breath can melt anything in its path. It soars through the air, seeking only worthy foes to test itself against. In Smash Bros., Charizard unleashes the destructive Flare Blitz special move— a move so strong, it even injures the user!
I didn't look through them all, but all I saw referenced their playability in some way.

The SK amiibo description could be a trophy, but it's unlikely to be a PLAYABLE CHARACTER trophy....or at least, it's a heavily modified description.

If it is a playable Smash trophy, I think it will be something along these lines.

A practitioner of the ancient code of Shovelry, Shovel Knight can do almost anything with his signature weapon, the Shovel Blade. In Smash, he hits the people and does damage always. Wow, so top tier. Always honest and helpful, Shovel Knight lives by the creed of Shovelry: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly!
Edit: I should point out that the Inkling amiibo descriptions, which are NOT from trophies, have very much the same "feel", though Inkling Boy and Squid do seem to be slightly longer than the average Smash trophy.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Not entirely sure and I don't think they'd appreciate me naming names.

All I'm saying is that a Smashboards mod isn't God when it comes to leaks.

The admin in question actually has quite the history with leaks believe it or not:
http://smashboards.com/threads/journal-of-a-prophet-neos-pov-of-the-leaks.387733/

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hey guys? Remember that symbol on the shovel knight amiibo's box? and the mock up Comeback kid made? Well, using a bit of GIMP magic, I made a custom render of the symbol, or at least something pretty darn close to it... I'll put a few variations and sizes in spoilers. It's fairly minor differences, but I still wanted to include em. Let me know what you think of em :o

Its a bit rough around the edges in some areas, but it's the best I can do.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hey guys? Remember that symbol on the shovel knight amiibo's box? and the mock up Comeback kid made? Well, using a bit of GIMP magic, I made a custom render of the symbol, or at least something pretty darn close to it... I'll put a few variations and sizes in spoilers. It's fairly minor differences, but I still wanted to include em. Let me know what you think of em :o

Its a bit rough around the edges in some areas, but it's the best I can do.
I wonder if it'll appear on all future theoretical Shovel knight amiibos.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Welp, this rumor seems to be holding up pretty well. I plan on getting Plauge of Shadows soon, also I lend my support.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Plague of Shadows is REALLY cool (and hard as a good 16 bits game)... I hope we get the knight at least for the next smash

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
http://imgur.com/a/EzuzW

So this happened. Really good art someone made of what he'd look like in game. Plus some Runbow trophies for our misc indie trophies.

I'd love this to be real but... fake until proven.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
http://imgur.com/a/EzuzW

So this happened. Really good art someone made of what he'd look like in game. Plus some Runbow trophies for our misc indie trophies.

I'd love this to be real but... fake until proven.
Was looking for this. Apparently people are writing it off, because the font of the trophy description. As an IC supporter I honestly hope it is, but it's definitely well done, and that Runbow stage looks badass.

Top Bottom