• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
seriously though, what does town-apathetic mean? i asked that a couple pages ago and got NO ANSWER

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
he claimed town apathetic wizard dude. so his role is apathetic wizard. you know what apathetic means, right?

also, deadline is saturday midnight iirc, i.e. tomorrow.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
oh, eheh. I thought town-apathetic was some sort of mafia term. :070: and aye, i know what apathetic means.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
or are detective hound and jexs BOTH lying?
I really doubt DSH's lying about this. Why would he counter claim FML when there's a chance that he'll be CCed himself? DHS's claim is probably the most trustworthy out of those three but I'm not sure to what degree the claims of FML, DSH and Jexs are contradictory to one another.

:059:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I really doubt DSH's lying about this. Why would he counter claim FML when there's a chance that he'll be CCed himself? DHS's claim is probably the most trustworthy out of those three but I'm not sure to what degree the claims of FML, DSH and Jexs are contradictory to one another.

I suppose they're not contradictory to each other, but I do find the fact that only one person died last night to be... extremely sketchy.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
This is interesting though. Could you perhaps elaborate a bit here?

Assuming FML and Jexs are both mafia members, Jexs could have thought that FML was in out water when DSH counter-claimed. The SOLUTION? Claim to be a THIRD one-shot vig so it just looks like Jdietz has a crazy game set up.... a crazy game with at least 3 vigs.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
what if they somehow knew that DHS was a one-shot vig through mafia powers? what if they had this crazy chain of events planned since the BEGINNING OF THIS DAY?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
that's not the simplest explanation, though. the simplest explanation is that they're all town, or have safe claims.

Honestly I don't think that looking at the vig claims is going to tell us anything at this point. I don't think any of my reads have changed because of it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote: Jexs

I think this has a better chance of happening than Kantrip? IIRC it's only adum and myself that see a Kantrip lynch as top priority [which is actually kind of unsettling considering how scummy he's been all game] but I'm OK with lynching Jexs too. I don't know what this slot has done other than mucking up this game with rolefishing and him counterclaiming a counterclaim.

I suppose they're not contradictory to each other, but I do find the fact that only one person died last night to be... extremely sketchy.
Most townies opt to not shoot on N1 for various reasons so DSH/Jexs not shooting isn't sketchy in the least. FML attempting to shoot a town neighbor on N1 is what really should raise people's eyebrows here. It's really only a matter of people getting over the whole "Gheb is scummy/unhelpful/genuinely anti-town nonsense" to understand what a questionable move that was.

Except I very much doubt FML would claim vig in the first place, as scum, unless they were very confident it was safe to claim.
Didn't FML change his claim though? I don't quite remember what happened but I think he said he's actually a paranoid cop?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I like your posts, dude, but you sure are a bit ridiculous sometimes

:144:
ridiculous? i take that as a COMPLIMENT

isn't it the mafia's goal to bamboozle the town? to leave them utterly confused? to put themselves in a position we'd never expect!?!?!? sometimes you have to be ridiculous to find the truth.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No, their goal is to not get lynched. Leaving town utterly confused could lead to that but it also leads to spotlights and in this case it leads to connections, the former is part of the reason why FML being a scum gambit makes little sense. If the two of them are scum together, FML doesn't look appreciably townier and JeXs looks worse. If either of them dies on a scumflip the other looks terrible.

The play makes little sense as a planned scum confusion gambit.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I can see the possibility of JeXs being scum on this, hopping on the poverbial train to try to get a free clear after deciding that town would be willing to accept the possibility of multiple one shot vigs, but FML and DSH are town based on this situation.

Gheb and kantrip still need to die, gorf and kary are second to this

Kantrip

Kantplay
Can someone refresh why exactly I'm so scummy? Ghebs been OMGUSing me since I explained my early scumread on him to soup, Zalak hasn't said anything besides me being "bad bad bad bad bad," and adum basically jumped on me out of nowhere when I called his treatment of Kary scummy.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yeah, except if you read the thread you can see that JeXs is pushing for a FML lynch because 'reasons' (read: vig CC) even before DSH claims.
He was on FML before, but it's equally possible he was on it because he saw an easy lynch and switched gears when he saw a possible free clear.

The "reasons" conversation wasn't connected to his FML vote, it was me questioning him on rolefishing on maven who continued the interrogation.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
How did you go about prioritizing these targets?
I've previously made cases on the scummyness of kantrip and gheb, kantrip currently shows a very clear and present scum intent and needs to die first but I'll be entirely satisfied with a gheb lynch. Kary remains a suspect since my d1 criticism of her play and nothing she has done clears that up. Gorf did one significantly scummy thing and has been a non-entity since.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Zalak is all over the place recently and I'm not really sure how his mind is working atm

It's funny that gheb is trying to dismiss suspicion of him as hating his playstyle. There are clear reasons the ACTIONS he has taken are scummy.

I would prefer to give JeXs a chance to prove his shot before lynching him.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm not suggesting we lynch JeXs right now. I'm suggesting we lynch you or gheb.

Can someone refresh why exactly I'm so scummy? Ghebs been OMGUSing me since I explained my early scumread on him to soup, Zalak hasn't said anything besides me being "bad bad bad bad bad," and adum basically jumped on me out of nowhere when I called his treatment of Kary scummy.
You mischaracterize my case, it wasn't that you called my treatment of kary scummy, it's that you refused to withdraw it in spite of a clear (and in one case acknowledged) examples of you doing exactly what you called scummy, examples which which were far more egregious.

If you're town then those would be clear examples of why your premise (that my misread was either deliberate or that misreading meant lack of care which was in and of itself scummy) was incorrect, therefore a cause to reverse your thought process on that topic.

As scum however, you had nothing else on me so backing off while maintaining a scumread is a perfect excuse to support a lynch later.

Choosing the latter route is egregiously scummy.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Zalak is all over the place recently and I'm not really sure how his mind is working atm
same tbh

I've previously made cases on the scummyness of kantrip and gheb, kantrip currently shows a very clear and present scum intent and needs to die first but I'll be entirely satisfied with a gheb lynch. Kary remains a suspect since my d1 criticism of her play and nothing she has done clears that up. Gorf did one significantly scummy thing and has been a non-entity since.
What makes Kantrip's scum intent so clear? What does Kantrip intend to do as scum? That's super vague yo.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Like, why do you refuse to give straightforward answers to straightforward questions?

Top Bottom