• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Dude, I was answering your question, with my own question. Does it not bother you that adum can go 'hmm I can see JeXs jumping on the claim train' when it's blindingly obvious if you read the thread that JeXs had some ulterior motive to be pushing FML on their claim in the first place. Maybe he actually just pulls his reads out of his ass and sticks to them, I don't know. Or maybe he's not even trying to read people.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
is adum seriously this bad at the game yo
Do I seriously need to quote the entire timeline at you?

After FML claims JeXs posts this, note that he ignores FML's claim at this point.

@Maven89
@Gheb_01
Please answer my question
My question has nothing to do with Kary. I have other reasons.
JeXs votes FML next

Then he attempts to gain votes for him

Kantrip vote fml instead
I don't see why not. I'd rather fml go first though.
Then DHS claims

I don't like any of this, and we're getting close to deadline more confused than where we started after a nolynch. I don't like that FML is playing the "we would never do this as scum" card, either.

I was going to save this and just shoot FML tonight, but we need a solid lynch today.

We counter claim FML. Depressed Whale, Town One-Shot Vig.
NOW JeXs shows a clearly ulterior motive with this and subsequent posts.

Ehh, what the ****. DSH, hold off till tomorrow on this. There's something weird going around here.

The "reasons" posts as I said were clearly in response to my and Maven's questions on his rolefishing and outside of the window between the FML and DSH claims.

Which leads me to ask, have you been even reading the thread?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
To be honest, I've had problems with Adum since...
Ok, zalak's town.
THIS POST

It truly was way too early to be town reading me. Could my inexperience make me seem less scummy? Yeah, I can get behind that, but CONFIRMED TOWN on the FIRST PAGE? Nah, that's ridiculous. I try to convince him to reconsider, because he really should, and then he just defends his initial statement without looking further into things, which isn't very inherently scummy, HOWEVER his actual defense was WEAAAAK.
@ Zalak Zalak , it amuses but the fact that you didn't notice that I referenced trying to look at your post history but being unable to only makes it that much more obvious that you couldn't have pulled it off. If you were a strong enough player to play me like that you would've thought to check my history and see if I have a pattern of making early game reads off similarly seemingly innocuous information even on unfamiliar players before posting. Maybe I even made the opposite read on limited information that proved to be correct the last game I played here?
Like I said earlier, the things he mentioned have no bearing on my skill as a member of the mafia. To me, it didn't feel like he was actually try to convince the town of my townlyness, but he definitely wanted to WIN the argument. That's what tipped me off initially.

And then... BarD... After we got our internet back, Adum called for us to lynch BarD, with no reason other than his inactivity. As others have stated, BarD wasn't even the least active. Still, everyone makes mistakes.. but then...
I would be so much more sure about Kantrip were it not for Gheb's push on him. Then again, even if Gheb IS scum, they could still be scumbuddies, trying to trick us into thinking they're having a SvT showdown.

Also, Kantrip is right. Gheb's defense of Maven is super suspicious. His pool of people he's willing to lynch is pretty large. I think it includes every inactive player, EXCEPT FOR MAVEN.
BarD is not my number one target right now, but I'll vote with you if you get enough support.
Any lynch is better then a no lynch, town is too inactive we need a lynch NOW otherwise we're no lynching today. Vote BarD.

Do you really think we can grab anything better in less then 11 hours? With this town?
At this point, Adum was the only one voting for BarD, so this reason is completely ridiculous.

Overall, Adum has left a scummy impression on me.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
the BarD could just be poor play though? I mean I did eventually go along with it because I was worried about the deadline

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
but no... noo... I don't see why adum would try to lynch BarD instead of someone the town actually had some sort of wagon against. like, i don't think we learned anything by lynching BarD, other than his role.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What makes Kantrip's scum intent so clear? What does Kantrip intend to do as scum? That's super vague yo.
He continued pursuing a scumread based solely on something he also did himself, even after it was illustrated and he accepted he did it himself.

I misunderstood Kary's chain of thought and didn't realize she used rolename when she meant flavor name.

Kantrip forgot I admitted my mistake (even though the post I admitted it in was addressed to him) and forgot that I begun my criticism of Kary based on a post that said role name.

Even when shown positively that town also made misreads he felt that my mistakes werescummy. The only way that line of reasoning makes sense is if he wasn't town.

but no... noo... I don't see why adum would try to lynch BarD instead of someone the town actually had some sort of wagon against. like, i don't think we learned anything by lynching BarD, other than his role.
The wagons were on kantrip and gheb, let's be honest, did you see either going anywhere with a town this inactive and disorganized?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
The wagons were on kantrip and gheb, let's be honest, did you see either going anywhere with a town this inactive and disorganized?
yes????????

Both lynches already had some support, with the pressure of the deadline coming up, we probably could have just chosen one of them and gotten a lynch in.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
He continued pursuing a scumread based solely on something he also did himself, even after it was illustrated and he accepted he did it himself.
i'm actually not sure what you're talking about. could you get me some quotes/pagenumbers?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
some idiotic horse****
Maybe JeXs says 'reasons' in response to Maven.

The point is, that all of JeXs' posts are consistent with him having a vig claim, such as him asking Kantrip to switch without giving any explanation.

And the idea of him 'jumping the claim train' is a significantly worse explanation that doesn't explain things like why he would vote FML in the first place.

So don't give me ****ing lip. ALL of your theories so far have been ****ing riddled with holes, and it's giving me a headache just reading some of the backwards-ass **** you come up with.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Well, I don't think I want to lynch a member of the legendary trio of legendary vigilantes, because I think we'll be able to get some info on them just by counting the deaths tomorrow morning. I wouldn't be completely opposed to a full metal lynch lynch though, because they claim to have already used their shot. I have at least a couple of reasons to be suspicious of everyone, so it's hard for me to pick my number one target.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Stop sitting on the fence. Are you seriously telling me that the only people you're not willing to lynch are those that might be cleared by virtue of their role? Give me a pool of 4 players or less you would like to lynch toDay.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I dunno, GHEB OR KANTRIP? They seem like the obvious choices, but I also feel like I'm just following the wagon on those ones. My personal reads on them are mostly based on initial impressions, so I guess I should really be paying closer attention to them now. I'd love to read up on them, but I have to get some work done.

I'm also very suspicious of Adum, for reasons recently stated, and moderately suspicious of Maven...

something about Maven's wizard reveal didn't really add up... aAAND I actually will talk about that right now one sec

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
yes????????

Both lynches already had some support, with the pressure of the deadline coming up, we probably could have just chosen one of them and gotten a lynch in.
I didn't, I've seen this situation before, gheb is too well spoken, kantrip might've been possible but I doubted that I could do it over his objections since town control isn't my forte. Plus I figured due to how many inactive people there were at the time and the fact that they were both active meant getting a lynch might only be possible with them on the wagon.

i'm actually not sure what you're talking about. could you get me some quotes/pagenumbers?
Sure.

He calls me out in 832, in 862 he forgots that I admitted to a misread in my 817, in his 867 forgot that my post was in response to a post where Kary said role name in her 750 which I criticized in my 795, which is what prompted this entire conversation. In his 878 in spite of making multiple errors in his criticism of me he still finds it hard to believe it was a legitimate error, he only backs off conceding it's possible.

This pattern makes no sense for a townie, if he did the same thing far more egregiously how could it be an inherently scummy action?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I dunno, GHEB OR KANTRIP? They seem like the obvious choices, but I also feel like I'm just following the wagon on those ones. My personal reads on them are mostly based on initial impressions, so I guess I should really be paying closer attention to them now. I'd love to read up on them, but I have to get some work done.

I'm also very suspicious of Adum, for reasons recently stated, and moderately suspicious of Maven...

something about Maven's wizard reveal didn't really add up... aAAND I actually will talk about that right now one sec
OH, AND OF COURSE, FML.

If I had to rank my top 4, it would be
1/2: Gheb/Kantrip
3: FML
4: Adum

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
come to think of it, i really don't have that much on maven.

Was my hint, the magic gif is really famous.
Assuming he's serious, I have a hard time believing that gif was more than a reaction image type deal, unless Maven just really loves to be sneaky/foreshadow things.

+ it seemed a LITTLE weird for him to reveal his flavour after being so insistent on not revealing it, but I guess he was under a bit of pressure. STILL, he probably could have waited longer if he wanted to

also

I honestly am not positive there isn't a role that works off knowing someone elses flavor, or role. But I'm a Wizard of One of the Cardinal Directions, and I know that no one else is a Wizard of one of those directions (or any direction). I communicate with Gheb through magic. From what I understand from my role, I'm pretty sure Gheb is not a wizard, or has a clear reason why he's in a neighborhood with me.
lastly... people will often say "honestly" when they are being DISHONEST.

in all honesty though, I have no intention to lynch maven right now.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Maybe JeXs says 'reasons' in response to Maven.

The point is, that all of JeXs' posts are consistent with him having a vig claim, such as him asking Kantrip to switch without giving any explanation.

And the idea of him 'jumping the claim train' is a significantly worse explanation that doesn't explain things like why he would vote FML in the first place.

So don't give me ****ing lip. ALL of your theories so far have been ****ing riddled with holes, and it's giving me a headache just reading some of the backwards-*** **** you come up with.
Sure, you call my timeline idiotic horse**** yet it's completely accurate and shows that you made errors and now you're scrambling to justify your initial read in spite of that.

Yes the fact that he asked zalak for votes fits with in with the ulterior motive being that he had a CC, but not immediately voting doesn't.

Similarly he obviously has an ulterior motive for not explaining why he rolefished maven, an ulterior motive which is not explained by his claim and he continues to avoid questions on.

That's why I'm still suspicious of the slot.

Beyond that, you need to take a chill pill kary, this may have been acceptable before in dgames but not anymore and you are crossing lines in your behavior this game. If you disagree with me fine, but knock off the continuous excessive personal attacks.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

1. Maven
2. Full Metal Lynch [1] - Jexs
3. Zalak
4. Gorf
5. Adumbrodeus
6. Kary
7. Detective Sherlock Hound [1] - Zalak
8. Jexs [2] - Maven, Gheb
9. Giraffelasergun
10. Gheb [3] - FML, Kantrip, Sherlock
11. Kantrip [1] - Adumbrodeus

Not Voting: Gorf, Giraffelasergun, Kary

(Retallied from Wednesday; Fixed me missing Kary's unvote and Adumb's switch to Kantrip)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

IN OTHER NEWS:

Someone would like to announce that Zalak is the 9/11 of this game. Like wow.

That is all.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Sure, you call my timeline idiotic horse**** yet it's completely accurate and shows that you made errors and now you're scrambling to justify your initial read in spite of that.
adum, look. you haven't done anything to show that JeXs was being opportunistic in claiming vigilante. Saying that I'm 'scrambling' doesn't make it true. I can go through your post and explain how you seem to be incapable of interpreting even the most basic things correctly. But the odds of you changing your opinion is basically zero, and this argument isn't even important.

If you want to sit on the same reads you've had since mid Day-1 all game, I can't stop you. If you want to spend all your time arguing little things rather than looking for scum, fine. Don't ****ing come in here and tell me I'm 'personally attacking you' because I said something you posted was horse****.

Play the ****ing game.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
adum, look. you haven't done anything to show that JeXs was being opportunistic in claiming vigilante. Saying that I'm 'scrambling' doesn't make it true. I can go through your post and explain how you seem to be incapable of interpreting even the most basic things correctly. But the odds of you changing your opinion is basically zero, and this argument isn't even important.
If it's not important, why did you bring it up? It wasn't like I was criticizing the townreads of others, I merely gave my opinion that the events were inconclusive. Similarly the only error in events was yours.

If you want to sit on the same reads you've had since mid Day-1 all game, I can't stop you. If you want to spend all your time arguing little things rather than looking for scum, fine. Don't ****ing come in here and tell me I'm 'personally attacking you' because I said something you posted was horse****.
And why haven't you been actually taking stances.

My reads may not have changed much, but besides me being town early toDay and FML probably being town you seem unwilling to take real stances. Even when directly asked. Zalak has commented on this as well and you still refused to answer his question, you merely respond with a redirect.

Heck we're approaching deadline and you're not even voting.

So why are you taking discussions that you think will go nowhere, tossing insults in an attempt to provoke fights, and refusing to take stances? It's a perfect illustration of why I find your slot scummy.

And again my criticism of your conduct this isn't a criticism of you calling my arguments bad, this is a criticism of you saying things like this:

is adum seriously this bad at the game yo
Heck, day one you even gloated because you thought you got under my skin.

Have some basic decorum.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
also, are your reads ready? I MEAN, you're obviously voting for me right now, but like the other reads?
They are mostly ready. I just read up until soup claimed tracker yesterday, I've been busy with irl stuff yesterday and today so this hasn't necessarily been my priority.

Tentative read list:
Scum:
Zalak, Adum

Scum lean:
Kantrip

Town:
Kary
Gheb or Mavan(maybe both? Is it a confirmed rule that when you have a neighbor pair one has to be scum?)

Of the three People that have claimed one shot vig, SDH is most likely town. I have no real opinion on FML and Jex quite yet and will get back to this when I do.

Also Gord???? I can't remember anything from him.

Reasons why I Think Zalak is scum:
YesterDay when he kept following around Kary on votes he was surprised when everyone else thought it was weird he was doing it.
He also keeps on making it clear he thinks adum is scum, mostly because Adum called him town earlier on. This was a little off for me because yesterDay when Adum went on a whole "we have to lynch an inactive mode" Zalak made sure to keep pushing every where Adum pushed even though he stated Adum was one of his strongest scum reads. He didn't seem to care who was lynched yesterday at any point, Zalak just wanted to vote who everyone else thought was scum.
The majority of Zalak's biggest scum reads are based off of other people, and he waits to vote until someone else does. He seems to hesitant to make any strong or risky reads.
He react so strongly to almost everything. While he is asking questions and responding to things that are important, a lot of his questions do not seem to be moving the progress of the game forward and really just seem to be there for the sake of being there. This strong reaction to everything seems to be even more so when it comes to his own slot.
I have more things I could say and I could definitely provide quotes for things if people would like to see that, but my mom wants me to spend time with her right now and that's more important to me.

@Kary: Right now I'm considering you my go to town bro. I'm sure you have probably said this before, but out of Zalak, Adum, and Kantrip who would you like to lynch today? I'm sure you have someone you really want to lynch outside of these, and I'll make sure to take not e of that when I finish my reread.

@Everyone voting for gheb: Other than the neighbor thing, why is he scum?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
reads.

And place your vote on somebody you think is scum
You asked me for reads at the end of yesterDay, too. And then you didn't follow it up at all toDay. Which leads me to believe it doesn't really matter to you what my reads are. If you really care you can ask me Day 3.

I'm probably going to vote Gheb tomorrow given that several people seem unwilling to budge on this issue, and he's probably a better flip than say, Kantrip. I'm not putting him to L-whatever and then coming back to his quicklynch, if it's all the same.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Reasons why I Think Zalak is scum:
YesterDay when he kept following around Kary on votes he was surprised when everyone else thought it was weird he was doing it.
He also keeps on making it clear he thinks adum is scum, mostly because Adum called him town earlier on. This was a little off for me because yesterDay when Adum went on a whole "we have to lynch an inactive mode" Zalak made sure to keep pushing every where Adum pushed even though he stated Adum was one of his strongest scum reads.
I've never been 100% of Adum, but he's always been at least a mafia lean for me. I only voted with Adum because I felt the deadline pressure. In the end, I tried to stop the BarD lynch, but I was too late, and he had already been hammered. I vote when others vote to apply pressure to whomever they're voting for. It's my signature move. My strong reaction to Adum's town-read on me was partially due to pride, and partially because I thought it was way too early to be town-reading me. Other than that, I think I've been pretty calm when it comes to my slot?

if ye have any questions, i'll answer em

Top Bottom