• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SF:E - Eugene, Oregon (04-28-07)

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
omgzzzz, time for those hawt shoutouts everyone just luffs to death.

To those that didn't show: Show up next time so I get more money. @_@;'

James: Duuuuude, my stages roxxor you, learn to hack. o_O. Its always awesome seeing you come to tournies, you make me wana play pokemon though >_< I needa DS, those things cost monies man.. craps. I was thinking of selling my cube and some games and my old gameboy to get one, but I duno, thats given up a lot. I'll see what happends. My car, sucks, I know.
Lets never play that arcade game you made ever again, its not very good. /shakes head. lol

Foos: And my car does not make that retarted noise. Foos, stop F-airing me!!! Bad dreams! Your shiek is naughty, i'm glad I can win against it sometimes. Mind-games are too good. Oh, and i'm never forgetting you killed me with your recovery just like falco does with his combo leading to up+B, that was nutz. Nice seeing you bud. Get a job down here and kick ***. Force James to let you live with him. If I find out you get a job as a male stripper ... -sigh-

Timmy/Tommy- You did awesome in the team tourny, I mean, like, did you guys ... completely sink your characters together? It was amazing to see two characters working so perfectly coordinated. woah. I hope you like the Banana's Timmy, 49c a pound. Think about that when I give you my entrance fee @_@. lol, just kiddin. Always love your tournaments. Your falco pwnt me @%#@#%#@
Tommy.. everyone blames me for you not being there. They are like. No Johns, and "Shin made me do it" thats just BS. You owe me a bowl of rice and beans.

Jrad and crew- Good seeing you and your friends. I can always count on you bringing money, I mean, people,... <with money... o_o > Your getting better at the game, I can tell by fighting you, its getting harder and harder... stop making me work harder J-rad, thats not very 'rad' of you. /glare. ps. But you look just like peter pan! d'awwww...
Your friends were very friendly, I loved that guy who was like "OMG DAMMIT MUTHE @#$%@" every time something really terrible happend. I rememeber doing that, its like.. wtf this is nuts. I think he jumped off the edge one time on accident, I was so laughing with him. This game is fun like that. Those guys you brought seemed possitive, it was cool.
Bowser when you least expect it!!!

That shiek guy: Hell yea G-dorf moves that fast! /flex. Your shiek was very stressful to play against. You are very good at spacing yourself, running in to attack, then spacing off again. good job.

Other friendly people: Heyy, I had a few people that I did friendlies with. Whoever that forward-smashing marth was... /shakes fist. You freaking get me when I least expect it. AAAUGH!! And stop catching me on fire! No Fire! Nice playign with you guys, come next time!

Venus: Wtf, I didn't even get to play you in the tourny! Oh well, i'll get you next time. Nice seeing a friendly face in the beginning on friday. Hope James didn't make you late getting home, he does that ^_^. Take it easy bro.

DMStudios: Good job teaming up and pwning in the teams tourny. Was really hard fighting the last few, but, I think we did a great job. You saved my @$$ on many occations, I spent an entire end of a life for about a minute getting back to the edge from one to the other, great devotion and skill. Course, I felt like bait after a while. lol. See you at home. We should do teams more often, learn more about some combo's and spacing.

Everyone- Next tourny I'm going to, lemi know what ya'll want, i'll try to get stuffs. Speak up, I'm the comfort food-bringer, I always save an extra 20-50 bucks for snacks n stuff for the tournys. Warms the newcommers up, gets everyone comfortable. And a place to vent when you get pissed. Ya'll love the kitchen for trash-talkin ^_^ Just kiddin.

Brawl better get here quick....

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
well, the tourney was really good for me, i've gotten better i suppose

Foos, i don't know what happened there, i honestly don't know how i 3-stocked you both times... then the friendly after that you beat me.

Aftermath, i didn't get to fight you, but I wanted to, oh well

Timmy, you beat me both times, that was lame, id rather've foughten Derick for the second battle

I'm curious to know how the ride back from my house was like considering James's condition, i noticed foos posted so at least i know one of you is alive

T0MMY

Smash Master
@_@

I don't work so, /flex, i'll be over after I finish laundry.
Thats not a john iether, thats, higene or however you spell it....
It's a john if you're washing your clothes with sake and/or beer. lolz

I would like to take this opportunity to lay extra guilt on t0mmy for not coming, as his excuse is a trip to the beach while poor Josh has to deal with lung surgery.
I had lung surgery at the beach, except I used fresh air instead of doctor implements.

t0mmy - No johns.
I didn't john once. But I ultimate sandbagged, I didn't even touch the controller.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The next big SF:E probably won't be until Late may or sometime in June.

I think the next SF:E is going to be a big city gamin' tournament in two to four weeks.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
No more BCG tourneys, those are lame. Can't record matches, time restrictions, etc.
Yeah.. the only plus is that it attracts locals, and makes the pot bigger, but that doesn't even matter because they take so much.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
No, I teamed with t0mmy. I just had to do a little more work than usual...

Wavebird FTW... or FTL I guess.

Edit
I thought this might be the last BCG tournament, but I've come up with something that might make things work out better.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
No, I teamed with t0mmy. I just had to do a little more work than usual...

Wavebird FTW... or FTL I guess.

Edit
I thought this might be the last BCG tournament, but I've come up with something that might make things work out better.
Lol, you should upload those matches, they were hilarious :3

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't know... you were obviously sandbagging at times in those, Josh. Like, just standing there switching from Zelda to Shiek and making Sam do all the work.

But they were fun, so maybe I'll upload the most fun one.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
I don't know... you were obviously sandbagging at times in those, Josh. Like, just standing there switching from Zelda to Shiek and making Sam do all the work.

But they were fun, so maybe I'll upload the most fun one.

Lol, it's kind of impossible to play serious against somebody using a wavebird for two characters xD

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Keep holding them at BCG until more serious people come. You non-competitive people are complaining about no recording and time restrictions and how much they are taking out, but look at it this way.

If we were to have it at Timmy's apartment or somewhere non-public (to where we wouldn't have to pay), we'd get about 0 randoms to show up. So that leaves Tudios, Shin, me, and the other few people I bring with me who are reliably going to enter singles (Timmy and T0mmy don't pay entrance since they are hosts), which means there's about $50ish in the pot guaranteed for a $10 entrance. Now, Josh and all of your friends, you won't enter because you'll lose immediately, so there's like hardly anything to win.

Holding it at the place, there were what? 10 randoms or so? That was $100 and covered the rental and added another $50 to the prize and also, because there were randoms, people who knew the Eugene people still entered because at least they got to beat up on randoms.

Complain all you want when you're not putting money into the tournament or driving for two hours to go, but even if it has to be at a gamestore that charges 1/3 of the pot, at least there's still more in there than if we didn't have it at the place. Plus, Timmy's place oveheats, the TVs are not all the same, and it can be cramped.

Just as an example, think back to teams. Josh, you brought a bunch of people back, but there were only 3 teams that paid out of the 10 or so people there.

So Timmy, unless you find a cheaper solution to get larger turnouts than the BCG option, keep them there because that's where the most money is for the competitive people.

I would do shout-outs, but the thing I just typed made me forget what I was going to say, so I might edit them in later.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
James, you're assuming too much. Just because we hold it at Timmy&Tommy's place doesn't mean random's won't show up. It seems that attacks of flawed reasoning have been running rampant lately. Also, I didn't bring anyone to BCG. Sam and Scott showed up, and Scott had no intention of entering in the first place. Later, David and Alex came to spectate(primarily). I wouldn't expect them to enter. Sam, of course, entered regardless of how he thought he'd do, just as Josh and I would if circumstances provided for us being there. Your "you guys won't enter cause you'll lose immediately" sounds more like an ad hominem(personal attack) than anything, and you know better. After all, you saw how Sam did for his first time. Moreover, to teams, I brought back three people. Two of them were nowhere near good enough to stand a chance in a tournament, and they left early anyway. So then it was You, Shin, DMS, Timmy, Oli, Sam and I(am I forgetting someone?) - 6 people, 3 teams - who stayed and we all entered the tournament. But it's not like this has anything to do with your argument. Your argument is that if we hold it at BCG, we will get more randoms who would be interested in entering. Misleading causation. I'd be more interested in advertising the tournament. Wouldn't you agree?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Wrong. I'm not assuming too much at all, I've been doing this over 3 years, you've never really been into the competitive and have only attended a couple things, and never really seen turnouts in different areas and different venues. It's quite fair of me to think that I am more knowledgeable about what will and will not attract attendance.

If you had been to the earlier BCGs, you'd have seen that noone wanted to go back to Timmy's apartment because they thought it was weird, and certainly no 16 and under year old is going to be able to go back to some stranger's apartment (or it'd be really rare).

So yeah, the randoms at BCG wouldn't have come to Timmy's, that is something that has been proven not only in Eugene and not only Oregon, but pretty much everywhere, public stores attract more randoms, and often there are enough to more than cover any usage fees. So unless Oregon had it to where there were more than 5 people showing up to Timmy's to play, then BCG is still the best option.

The thing you called a personal attack really wasn't, and as someone who has run a huge amount of tournaments and helped with a ton more, you don't even know how many times that line has come up, so no johns.

Balloon

Smash Lord
I actually agree with James about this. Plus, if you regularly hold smash tournaments at BCG, you may spark the interest of a player from Eugene that isn't into competitive smash.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
I am one of the few exceptions to the line of "doesn't enter the tournament because they know they will lose right away" but a very interesting argument, I say James won.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I let him end at his note without my rebuttal because I hate arguing about **** that doesn't really matter to me. Same reason I quit on AIM. I don't care who thinks who won, nor is it worth pointing out from others, Holiday.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
You're trying to egg me on, and I'm not biting the bait.
You cats are always so confrontational. ;_;

Riot6777

Smash Ace
You're trying to egg me on, and I'm not biting the bait.
You cats are always so confrontational. ;_;
Dude you so lost I agree with James :laugh: No we only tell it as we see it.

Josh it seems like every time you try to argue about anything you lose people I think are starting to notice you lack of intelligence

:psycho: ~RIOT~ :psycho:

mangler

Smash Cadet
james has logic, and experience on running tournaments and i agree some 16 year old boy would most likely not show up to some strangers apartment it sounds like some sick get together to me

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Then you think sick thoughts. Predatory pedophiles are more likely to make an appearance in secluded areas, not go through the hassle and bother of setting up a SSBM tournament.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Gayvid, this is the second "past experience recollection" you've made up for me now. We've never had any kind of debate nor have you witnessed me in one prior to the one which has recently passed. I try to avoid debates, and when I do find myself in one, the case is always me "winning." I wouldn't argue about something if I wasn't sure I was right. I quit this one because I'm sick of it all. It's sort of pointless explaining things to you useless cretins who say things like that, but I can at least take comfort in knowing that there are people like timmy to laugh with. Does this really need to go any further?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I am 16 and I don't really see the problem in spending the night at T!mmy's house. I have come to learn with smash it doesn't really matter old you are as long as you both have the love for it so yeah. But I wasn't at this SF:E so I don't know how bad or good the set up was.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Josh, you know next to nothing about smash or the community. Arguing about it doesn't matter to you because you only play to have fun, there is really no reason to switch from BCG.

Your logic is flawed too though, you're trying to make me prove all of my argument before you accept any part of it.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I try to avoid debates...
Nothing in your post history leads me to believe this is true.

...when I do find myself in one, the case is always me "winning."
You sound like some kid fresh out of high school who could own all his friends in debate and are just coming to the real world. Much like the smash noob that has "never lost" to any of his HS schoolmates. I'm sure you are aware of that archetype. You should try considering your arguments from the perspective of community veterans. Your attitude leads me to believe you refuse to give any benefit of the doubt whatsoever, which is evidenced your seeming insistence on absolute metaphysical proof in order to even provisionally consider the other's side of the story.

Keep in mind I have nothing personal against you, this is not just a series of ad hominems (personal attacks, which I see you are not above ;) ), but I think you, and by extension the smash community, would benefit from reconsidering the manner in which you post. I also would just ignore people that talk about "winning or losing" whatever. I'm pretty sure James doesn't really think of it in terms of winning or losing some debate, but of what he thinks will benefit the tourney scene more, and there is scarcely a substitute for experience, which he has over almost anyone I know.

Riot6777

Smash Ace

You sound like some kid fresh out of high school who could own all his friends in debate and are just coming to the real world. Much like the smash noob that has "never lost" to any of his HS schoolmates. I'm sure you are aware of that archetype. You should try considering your arguments from the perspective of community veterans. Your attitude leads me to believe you refuse to give any benefit of the doubt whatsoever, which is evidenced your seeming insistence on absolute metaphysical proof in order to even provisionally consider the other's side of the story.

Keep in mind I have nothing personal against you, this is not just a series of ad hominems (personal attacks, which I see you are not above ;) ), but I think you, and by extension the smash community, would benefit from reconsidering the manner in which you post. I also would just ignore people that talk about "winning or losing" whatever. I'm pretty sure James doesn't really think of it in terms of winning or losing some debate, but of what he thinks will benefit the tourney scene more, and there is scarcely a substitute for experience, which he has over almost anyone I know.
Yeah that's what James tries to do a lot. It's a good thing to try and make the scene bigger because with more of a turn out that means better prizes, better players and just over all fun in the smash scene.

know body is trying to give personal attacks it's just a lot of as HyugaRicdeau said community veterans like James know what their talking about. I just try and get along with everyone and tries to make people have as much fun as possible and get along with out arguing but when I get attacked I have no problem in attacking the other person.

:psycho: ~Riot~ :psycho:

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Some things are inescapable. And it's called history for a reason.

You're making quite a few assumptions. "sound like," "leads me to believe," etc. Hasty generalizations. Based on too little evidence. You don't know me. Don't judge if you're not sure. I'm just me; no less, no more.

Keep in mind I have nothing personal against you, this is not just a series of ad hominems (personal attacks, which I see you are not above ;) ), but I think you, and by extension the smash community, would benefit from reconsidering the manner in which you post.
I think I'm pretty well off, thanks.

I also would just ignore people that talk about "winning or losing" whatever. I'm pretty sure James doesn't really think of it in terms of winning or losing some debate, but of what he thinks will benefit the tourney scene more, and there is scarcely a substitute for experience, which he has over almost anyone I know.
Surely. But to assume he is right just because he has experience would be an appeal to authority. Fallible. But don't think of this as an argument from fallacy. I've already said I won't continue the actual argument any further. But when someone tries to attack pride, that's hard to let pass. Would you like some of my advice? See, I'm asking you before giving it.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
(I?) know body is trying to give personal attacks it's just a lot of as HyugaRicdeau said community veterans like James know what their talking about. I just try and get along with everyone and tries to make people have as much fun as possible and get along with out arguing but when I get attacked I have no problem in attacking the other person.
Excuse me? You're saying you'll only insult someone if you've been insulted first, yes?

Let's not forget:

Whatever you say man your just another smasher that doesn't have a name in my book so it don't matter to me what logic your trying to understand from me. lol

Plus this talk isn't even with you I am talking with some body new and trying to welcome them to the smash scene.

You are trying to make fools out of people on threads because you have nothing better to do with your time.

Kind of like I am wasting me time saying all this to you I have a job interview in 15 mins. I need to get over there you know to make some real money. You see Gresham dude the reason josh thinks they are a joke is because he either loses to much money or he doesn't have any to begin with.
oops, meant to merge this with the last post. whatever.

Top Bottom