• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SF:E - Eugene, Oregon (04-28-07)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Saturday April 28th, 2007

------------------
Events
------------------
Big City Gamin' Tournament
I have organized an SSBM tournament (1v1) with BCG. Instead of charging us exorbant "party" fees, the owner is basically taking about 50% cut, but will probably be lenient on this depending on the size of the pot. We're basically guarenteed enough TVs to run a smooth tournament for upward of 3 hours.

Day: Sat. April 28th
Time: Noon, sharp
Entrance: $10

Format: Double Elimination
Matches: Best of 3
Finals: Best of 5

Prize Money
I want to make sure 1st place gets a good share
after BCG's cut, so distribution will be determined after attendance is figured with
1st place priority, then 2nd. I will make sure it is 70/30 or 60/40/10 depending on
how large the pot is.

Smashfest and Housing
Everyone is welcome to stay at my apartment and play Smash to their heart's content. If there's any demand, a Doubles tournament can be set up. Anyone is welcome to stay the night, but make sure to bring a blanket, or at least a warm sweater. The location is downtown Eugene, about three blocks from the main bus station.
531 W. 11th Street, Apt. #1
Eugene OR, 97401

Contact Timmy: (541) 687-6883
Pokemon Diamon/Pearl
Everyone bring your DS and copy of D/P for battles, trades, and etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please bring Wii/GCN & TVs
If you want to be able to play lots of friendlies and have a chance to warm up at my apartment before the tournament, please bring TV's, systems, and games.

BCG doesn't have Cubes/Game Discs, so even if you can't bring a TV, please bring a GCN, Wii, and/or a copy of SSBM.

If you have component cables (Hi-Def) for either GCN or Wii, please bring them. We can hook up a Wii/GCN to the projector without the p-scan lag this way.

---------------------------------------------------
Current Roster of Attendees
---------------------------------------------------
t!mmy
t0mmy
Shin
DMStudios
Joshisrad
Byron
Ronin
Kefka + up to 8 friends
Aftermath
Juce?
Balloon?
Doc Holiday? + at least one friend?
Master of Chu?
Foosjr
Buzz
MrPjBac0n
MrPjSlimfast
Gresham6
Locals/Scrubs

? = Unconfirmed

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
SF:E Ruleset
________
Singles
------------

Match: 4 Stock
Time Limit: 8 mins.
Item Setting: None

Random Select stages
  • Final Destination - Special Stages
  • Battlefield - Special Stages
  • Yoshi's Story - Yoshi's Island
  • Fountain of Dreams - Dream Land
  • Dreamland - Past Stages
  • Pokemon Stadium - Kanto
Counter Pick Stages
  • Rainbow Cruise - Mushroom Kingdom
  • Jungle Japes - DK Island
  • Green Greens - Dream Land
  • Brinstar - Planet Zebes
  • Mute City, F-Zero Grand Prix
  • Poke Floats - Kanto Skies
  • Kongo Jungle - Past Stages
Banned Stages
  • Flatzone - Superflat World
  • Icicle Mountain - Infinite Glacier
  • Temple - Hyrule
  • Great Bay - Termina
  • Fourside, Eagleland
  • Yoshi’s Island - Yoshi's Island
  • Brinstar Depths - Planet Zebes
  • Big Blue - F-Zero Grand Prix
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Mushroom Kingdom II
  • Venom - Lylat System
  • Corneria - Lylat System
  • Yoshi's Island - Past Stages
  • Princess Peach's Castle - Mushroom Kingdom
  • Kongo Jungle - DK Island
  • Onett - Eagleland
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order of play

Game 1

Each player chooses a controller slot.
Each player has 30 seconds to select a character or to call "Double Blind" selection.
You may not change characters once it is declared.
If a character is not selected after 30 sec., "Double Blind" selection is mandatory.
Stage knock-outs are declared.
All players must agree to the first stage, otherwise it is "Random" (see Random Select Stages listed above)
If the time limit runs out, winner is the player with the most stock.
In the event of tied stock, winner is the player with the least damage.
In the event of tied damage, Sudden Death is played out.

Game 2
Loser of Game 1 declares stage to be played in Game 2.
Winner of Game 1 declares character to be played in Game 2.
Loser declares character to be played in Game 2 and begins the game.

Game 3
If each player wins a Game, a third game is played to determine "Best of Three"
Loser of Game 2 declares any non-banned stage to be played next.
Winner of Game 2 declares character to be played in Game 3.
Loser declares character to be played in Game 3 and begins the game.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Additional Rules

"Double Blind" allowed for Game 1.
Stage Knockouts are allowed.
Random select stages cannot be knockedout.
No stage may be used twice in a given match except Random Select stages.
Finals (and Grand Finals) in the Winner's Bracket will be "Best of Five".
Stalling tactics and glitches that freeze the game or characters in the game are unallowed.
Illegally modified controllers are disallowed for tournament play.

________
Doubles
------------

The following additional rules are in effect for Teams.

Friendly Fire: ON
Pause: OFF
Life Stealing: Allowed

Doubles Random Select Stages
  • Final Destination - Special Stages
  • Battlefield - Special Stages
  • Yoshi's Story - Yoshi's Island
  • Dreamland - Past Stages
  • Pokemon Stadium - Kanto
Additionally Banned Stages in Doubles (due to lag)
  • Fountain of Dreams - Dreamland
  • Mute City - Grand-Prix

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
As I've said before, I'd love to attend another Smashfest. So I guess you can put me down as an attendee. Then again I've claimed I was going to (and missed) tounaments in the past, so you may want to mark me under unconfirmed/maybe just to be safe.

The only thing I'm unsure of is transportation.(I've really got to get a drivers license) But someone from up here is bound to go, so I'll just beg them to let me ride along.;)

Balloon

Smash Lord
Not sure if I'm coming. I was supposed to have quit, and so far since TANG 23.5, I haven't played once except with the Fresno dudes in Ashland.

By the way, that Slater dude turned out to be terrible, which was exactly as I suspected.

Anyway, we will see what will happen with me attending this.

Also, if you plan on attending this, please confirm yourself so people like me who are skeptical of the whole idea of driving 2-4 hours can know if it's even worth it.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Timmy, you should tell them that if there are like 30 or more entrants then they can take 50%. That way, they're more motivate to help advertise and then we don't lose our prize money so much...

FoosJr

Smash Ace
OOOO it's on the 28th i thought you said the 14th, well this is good for me. I might be able to make this if James is willing to give me a ride. I should have plenty of Bday money left over, that is if all my relatives don't forget again...

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I'm still waiting to talk to james, haven't seen him on aim, maybe tomorrow i should try calling him on his phone and asking him, as i thought though i have plenty of b day money left over. So I don't think that i'll have any problem unless james says no to the ride which would be bad because i have to see shin again. hahaha that rymed

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't use my phone anymore, so if I'm ever on AIM that's how to contact me. I can most likely give you a ride.

I'll probably go just because it's not that far, and since Shin and FoosJr will be there.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
First post updated with new attendees and Pokemon info.

How many people will have Diamond/Pearl? Poke-tournament...?

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
Say James if you do go, what do you think the chances are of a freeloader (such as myself) convincing you of letting the aforementioned freeloader hitch a ride down to SF:E with you.

P.S. I've got money, and a loose grip!

How many people will have Diamond/Pearl?
Unless all the copy's are sold out (I didn't pre-order it) I'll have mine by then.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
50% is quite a bit, but that's including whatever per-hour charge they have, plus I believe the tournament is falling under "party" rates.

However... it's looking like upward of two dozen people will be attending, which practically guarentees $60/$30/$10 pay-out. That's about as big as SF:E pots get when I run them independantly at my cramped apartment with fewer TVs.

(Event added to OSM listings. Hard to imagine I forgot that)

BTW, if anyone has composite cables (Hi-Def) for either GCN or Wii, please bring them as we'd be able to play on their projector screen without the p-scan lag.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Lol. But there's epic pill bouncin' goin on.

Oh and, I can bring my component cables. Tell me on AIM what all you want me to bring.. Smash, Memory card, Component cables, and I guess my Wii if need be.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Did you buy composite cables because you have an HD-TV, or just because they're cool?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Items to bring, in this order:
Yourself, component cables, Wii, SSBM, memory card, HDTV, banana cream pie.

Balloon

Smash Lord
So, I might come to this after all. I just got done talking to Brdy on the phone about DAN, and it made me want to play in a smash tourney even though SF:E is nothing compared to a tourney like DAN. However, I want to ****ing make sure it's worth me driving 2.5 hours. The last TANG was ****ing ridiculous.

In other words, confirm yourself for those of us that have to actually drive a far distance just to play.

In another other words, Timmy or Tommy, tell me what you expect for the outcome and the whole monetary situation involving BCG. I don't want payout to be **** when I have to pay for gas just to come. Not that I expect that I'll place high though. I just want it to be decent if I do happen to.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Posting from School again, If I can go I will bring a lot of people with me. At least 1.
t0mmy=>
At least one? That does sound like "a lot"
And no johns about quitting smash, I quit a long time ago and I still attend tournaments.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
In another other words, Timmy or Tommy, tell me what you expect for the outcome and the whole monetary situation involving BCG. I don't want payout to be **** when I have to pay for gas just to come. Not that I expect that I'll place high though. I just want it to be decent if I do happen to.
(t!mmy)

The outcome is posted on the front page. Counting everyone, confirmed or otherwise, is about two dozen players. I've also hung up flyers at BCG, Game Crazy, and card shops around town, so I'm sure at least a few locals will be showing up).

Right now I'm expecting at least 20 people with payout being $60/$40/$10 (at least as good, or better, than past SF:E's).

OC-George, if you're reading this, Shin said he wants to buy you a pineapple if you come. So make sure to come, and bring MCS too!

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
i really wish i could make this, but like the other SF:Es i've missed, this one isn't gonna be any different. i hope i'm able to actually attend one of these fabled SF:Es one day, but it looks like i'm probably not going to be going to a tournament any time soon. TANG being in portland = me no go (don't ask) as with every other tournament in portland, and SF:E being in eugene = too far = parents no happy. looks like the kevvviiinnn is done with the tournament business for good, guys :(

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hire a stunt double to crash through windows and jump from the roof. While you're parents are distracted, sneak down to Eugene. With any luck, you'll be back before they realize what "really" happened.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
YAY!!!!! The Gresham 6 might be coming and we have gotten much better (Me and Ryan) and we might be able to go to this one. So if you are to put us down (because we have been flaking a lot which kind of sucks because the last SF:E was really fun even though we got torn apart haha) put down 3 of us because one says he has "quit", one sucks and chooses not to practice, and one has golf he needs to worry about so yeah. But yay hopefully we might be able to go to this if someone could possibaly give us a ride that would be really really kind of you.

P.S. Balloon you said you wouldn't place very high last time I checked you were pretty darn good.

Top Bottom