• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 13, 2015] ASL Presents: Hidden Power Bi-Monthlies (Mobile, Alabama)

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
It's so trash trying to buy games at play n talk. Most games in his glass case he wants at least $5- $10 to much for. It's probably okay to buy games like cool spot and yo noid because they are $10 tops. However, I'm never spending more than $20 on a game he has ever again.

That guy over charged me a copy of Breath of Fire by like $7 and it didn't even work. I only payed the extra $7 because the cartridge and label looked mint. His flea market stand is way to over priced too. He single handedly made me want to finish my game collection online

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I've never bought anything from his store, but I bought a GC controller from him at the flea market and he was all about charging "ebay" prices. I had to pay $15 while the old man at the flea market let me walk away with one for $10. Regardless of how the man runs his business though, his community stuff is good, so I'll support that.

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
Yeah dude he preaches the ebay price. I don't know if he is aware but you can ask any price for any game on ebay. However it is cool of him to help you guys out. The melee scene has been so little in south Alabama for so long. It Is refreshing seeing the scene grow instead of worrying about it disappearing for once. Melee was almost obsolete in Alabama smash league a couple of years ago.
Hopefully these locals help a lot

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
Dude right?? At least the hype is building :)
If it were bi-monthlies the hype would boil, especially if it gave Louisiana enough time to plan on coming here. They came for resist 1 and that was beast.

rolfcopter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BabySteps
Also will any of you guys get a vehicle other than Dylan? It would make everything better if you guys had more than one car lol.
Zachary has a car, but he doesn't know where anything is. Matthew will probably get a car eventually, but he doesn't he even have his license. I probably won't get a car until like 4 years from now.

Uncle Anime

Smash Rookie
I'll be there and everyone better get ready and pucker up for some sweet kisses from step-dad.

Also Travis N and I can bring at least 2, maybe 3, setups for PM.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm going to support them, but I'm scared of monthlies. I think you'll see less interest in playing all games across the board and more people down to enter just one game knowing that they'll want to pay to enter it again next month.

Not me though, I'm just gonna win my entry back each month, so whatever.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Now you wrote weeklies (X _X) just give up mang. I knew what you meant from the start. Besides we arn't changing anything right now. It's monthlies until it's proven to be a bad idea.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
but spring break beach trips :c

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
I got a capture card and a PM setup now so I'll be bringing that ****. Sadly no TV still, well we do have one but it weighs about 400 pounds. no exaggeration

Zone

Smash Champion
I'll try to be at this. Anyone want to money match my Zelda? she's low-tier and she's probably my worst character.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
lol, you know I'm talking about Melee Right? If yes, then bring me dat Roy/Doc.
Yeah, I know. I am actually far more terrified about Zelda in P:M because I don't understand it as much. I only feel like I beat Joe because he CPed me to a stage I could throw fireballs at him with geometry on my side. I thought I was going to need to switch characters to better handle him.

Top Bottom