• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Screen KOs = Absolutely hilarious

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
I absolutely LOVE them! Makes killing all the more worth it. So glad Sakurai and his team thought of the idea, although so simple, like someone said before, it adds to the character of the game.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Ok so yea it explains how it works today

And screen kos get locked on the 5...4...3...2...1 i guess.
I am guessing the competitive fans will like that since they used to fight over which KO took longer- the screen KO and the Star KO at the end of a match.

+1 for the bruises and bandages on Mac's face. Nice Punch-Out!! reference.
You know this is a way to work in battle damage with keeping it cartoony since you only see it for a few seconds. Metaknight's mask could crack/fall off and he, lil mac's bandages are already a sign this could happen for some fighters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My favourites and why:

Rosalina - Looks like she hardly gives a damn. Like she's all like "oh dear, I seem to have been sent flying quite a ways. Bother.". Meanwhile, her hair and sleeves have a spaz attack.

Link - Considered one of the hottest males in video gaming, looks like a huge doofus.

Greninja - He looks like he's enjoying it. o_O

Wii Fit Trainer - GET FIT

Kirby - Adorable, and nice Triple Deluxe reference.

Luigi - Sucks to be Weegee.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
This is literally my most favorite thing in this game. They're hilarious!

I really can't wait to see the screen KOs of the characters that weren't in the demo.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yay for this becoming the POTD today. /I'm really late, I know/

Also it's nice to find these being made more common and even having gameplay-balancing aspects to it.

Greninja's is my favorite for two reasons.

1) I love it when Smash makes light of the more stoic characters.

2) He looks like an actual pet tree frog sticking to the side of his tank. No matter how much he wants to be a ninja, he's still just somebody's frog. <3

I also hope to the high stars that there will be a playable Ridley just to see him stuck to the screen with his wings splayed and his tongue out.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I just saw Toon Link's but I can't remember which video it was...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, if we could get a gif of that...and maybe Shiek if we can find that, too.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Also, if Ridley is in the game, his screen K.O will surely be hilarious.
*screen shatters and Ridley falls face-first into the floor of the real-world*
"...WHAT DID YOU DOOO"

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I really love Kirby's Screen KO <3

Greninja is also pretty funny, and I really like Zelda's, too.

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
Pac Man better do something like this when he hits the screen.

Imagine the Angry Video Game Nerd's faceplant against the screen.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So many Toon Link ones during that Nintendo stream. Because the characters have more than 1 look or potential position they're in when they get screen KO'd, it's gonna be all the more fun. Surprised there's still no Pit one, as much as I hate seeing him get hurt too much, but still want to see his.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
You know what would be hilarious?

If say, the Nintendog trophy is active and you get a screen faceplant, the dog just sees it coming and spot dodges. Or better yet, there's a chance where, if you get a Nintendog after so many screen kos, they show up to clean the screen instead.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm wondering if there are any better videos of Star KO's from this past weekened?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
The screen KOs are just fantastic this time around. The slapstick poses and slight pauses on hitting the screen make them far better than the screen KOs in previous entries. :)

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Peach's should be like..:*She hits the screen and her cheek is on the screen. Her crown is knocked off of her head. It falls down, then she falls down.*

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I really can't wait to see Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B.'s, assuming they are back (GW was kind of confirmed, but you never know).

Also, if a certain leak is true, I am really curious to see the screen K.O.s of a certain little koopa and a certain dog.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, it's nice to see some humor brought back into the series. I think that SSB64 (alongside other titles of the time, whether intentional or not) were full of this kind of humor, and maybe it's just because I was a kid, but I found it hilarious.

That's not to say that I never found Melee hilarious, either, but then it was usually glitches. SSB64 just had this cartoony comedy charm down (one major way being that when shocked by Pikachu each character's skeleton showed lol), and I don't really know why they moved away from it? It really sets SSB64 aside as its own game in the series, I suppose.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
She doesn't really look hurt or anything... she just looks like she's gazing at the stars.
Part of that may be that Rosalina's expressions are a bit more subtle compared to the other Mario characters in the game. Her expressions don't seem to be quite as... I guess lively is the word I would use.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She doesn't really look hurt or anything... she just looks like she's gazing at the stars.

But really, Rosalina is generally less exaggerated in her expressions, it's part of her character. She's supposed to come off as monotone, most of the time.

There was even a pic of the day specifically pointing it out:

"Pic of the Day. Fallen Rosalina. Strange how calm and nonchalant she looks even when she takes damage. Is it because she's from outer space?"

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Double Post

But really, Rosalina is generally less exaggerated in her expressions, it's part of her character. She's supposed to come off as monotone, most of the time.

There was even a pic of the day specifically pointing it out:

"Pic of the Day. Fallen Rosalina. Strange how calm and nonchalant she looks even when she takes damage. Is it because she's from outer space?"
Well, if we see her splat on the screen with her cheeks sticks on the screen like Mario and Kirby, it will be awkward.

This this during Nintendo Challenge Live and one of the Tree House crew called Bill likes to use Rosalina.
However, he often loses when he use her.
It seems that the females don't really have an awful screen KO,but they are still hilarious though

And could this possibly a screen KO?

Last edited by a moderator:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It seems that the females don't really have an awful screen KO,but they are still hilarious though

And could this possibly a screen KO?
Robin is encased in ice. She's just frozen. Unless you can get a frozen screen-KO, which I doubt.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So many Toon Link ones during that Nintendo stream. Because the characters have more than 1 look or potential position they're in when they get screen KO'd, it's gonna be all the more fun. Surprised there's still no Pit one, as much as I hate seeing him get hurt too much, but still want to see his.
At least his Star KO scream sounds absolutely hilarious.

Top Bottom