• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savvy Stylist - Sets the Trend, Style Savvy 3 coming to Europe

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I know its a bit late, but after seeing this one users dream roster that had Style Savvy on it. I started searching what this game and character were, and I'm really intrigued! It has a bunch of benefits that could make for a worthy inclusion and the moveset made on this thread is absolutely hilarious and a very original one that would make for a very unique fighter in my eyes just like the Rhythm Girl. I don't know, but I really like the reps that are new or out of the left field that are hardly ever thought of for a playable character. It would be like the Wii Fit Trainer, the ultimate surprise that would be epic. I support this character and I hope this thread stays as a sort of discussion thread for those who like the games.

I think another female character and the idea of using fashion and different equipment would make for an awesome moveset.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I know its a bit late, but after seeing this one users dream roster that had Style Savvy on it. I started searching what this game and character were, and I'm really intrigued! It has a bunch of benefits that could make for a worthy inclusion and the moveset made on this thread is absolutely hilarious and a very original one that would make for a very unique fighter in my eyes just like the Rhythm Girl. I don't know, but I really like the reps that are new or out of the left field that are hardly ever thought of for a playable character. It would be like the Wii Fit Trainer, the ultimate surprise that would be epic. I support this character and I hope this thread stays as a sort of discussion thread for those who like the games.

I think another female character and the idea of using fashion and different equipment would make for an awesome moveset.
You know, does Smash 4 make ANY reference to Style Savvy in-game? (I personally hope/expect a trophy.)

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
I've seen trophies for Nintendo Pocket Football and Fossil Fighters, so I would be very surprised if Style Savvy was not included.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I have a feeling she will be near my more wanted newcomers next time around. At least this time I hope her series gets trophies at least.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey everyone! I've been wanting to say this since the SSB 3DS' release, but apparently Michaela/Miki is a trophy at least in the 3DS version. Not going to lie, I'm a little surprised Style Savvy even got representation. All the more happy though! So, who thinks Savvy Stylist will be DLC?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey everyone! I've been wanting to say this since the SSB 3DS' release, but apparently Michaela/Miki is a trophy at least in the 3DS version. Not going to lie, I'm a little surprised Style Savvy even got representation. All the more happy though! So, who thinks Savvy Stylist will be DLC?
Got a pic?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd really love the idea of the Savvy Stylists being a DLC, but I feel that Sakurai can easily over look the series due to how minor it is.

Also, would the average Smash fan want to download a fabulous girl that originated from a fashion game for girls?

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I'd really love the idea of the Savvy Stylists being a DLC, but I feel that Sakurai can easily over look the series due to how minor it is.

Also, would the average Smash fan want to download a fabulous girl that originated from a fashion game for girls?
If they like fun.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

If they don't want, then it is their loss. Plus, there are tons of girls who play Smash and would likely buy the Savvy Stylist DLC.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Let's be honest, who would ever want to buy some random girl from such an irrelevant franchise?

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Everyone in this thread but you :troll:
And that's like, how many people exactly? Not a lot. I'm pretty sure the majority of the Smash community wouldn't want to spend money on that

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Are you one of those "No Fun Allowed" people? I actually prefer characters that don't fight in their own series.
If you mean a For Glory mostly competitive player, then no. I'm a For Fun, mostly casual player. I play this game for fun.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I meant when it comes to what characters should or should not be playable.
Oh then still no. I main Villager and Mr. Game and Watch and they don't fight, Plus I like the Wii Fit Trainer and some of the other characters that don't fight in their respective games

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I think it is a 'your mileage will vary' sort of thing. If she makes it in and looks fun/hilarious, then people will like her. I doubt many of us would have wanted WFT before she made it in.
G&W is also from an "irrelevant franchise", and debatably WFT. :T
G&W's are Nintendo's first delve into video games, have hundreds of different games (More than 99% if not all of the roster) and is basically a love letter to Gunpei Yokio.

Wii Fit is also one of the best selling franchises of all time and that's impressive for how new it is. Nintendo basically CREATED the casual games market and profited really well because of it. I think it's massive success is generally overlooked because it isn't a traditional video game series, but the 'Wii' Brand video games each did really well independently of each other- all together their sales are staggering and rival over half the roster in terms of sales and cultural/industry impact.

So are Duck Hunt, they are from a game (not even a franchise) most people didn't even know about.
Duck Hunt is one of the best selling games on the NES, appearing twice in the top 3 best selling games along with Mario (There was a compilation with Duck Hunt & Mario that was also in the top 3 so they both 'appear' twice.) The light gun also has a lot of history with Nintendo and their first delve into arcades. Duck Hunt is also one of the most iconic retro video games of all time and the dog is well known.

It makes me glad things like Smash Bros. brings these things back into relevancy and their history is acknowledged.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I think it is a 'your mileage will vary' sort of thing. If she makes it in and looks fun/hilarious, then people will like her. I doubt many of us would have wanted WFT before she made it in.

G&W's are Nintendo's first delve into video games, have hundreds of different games (More than 99% if not all of the roster) and is basically a love letter to Gunpei Yokio.

Wii Fit is also one of the best selling franchises of all time and that's impressive for how new it is. Nintendo basically CREATED the casual games market and profited really well because of it. I think it's massive success is generally overlooked because it isn't a traditional video game series, but the 'Wii' Brand video games each did really well independently of each other- all together their sales are staggering and rival over half the roster in terms of sales and cultural/industry impact.

Duck Hunt is one of the best selling games on the NES, appearing twice in the top 3 best selling games along with Mario (There was a compilation with Duck Hunt & Mario that was also in the top 3 so they both 'appear' twice.) The light gun also has a lot of history with Nintendo and their first delve into arcades. Duck Hunt is also one of the most iconic retro video games of all time and the dog is well known.

It makes me glad things like Smash Bros. brings these things back into relevancy and their history is acknowledged.
I don't expect a new Game & Watch or Wii Fit game comin' anytime soon, but that doesn't really matter, I guess, at least it isn't all that matters. :T

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I know well what Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer (and the Mii Fighters) represent, but their aren't relevant to Nintendo nowadays. I think they all "deserve" being in Smash and I absolutely adore their inclusions, though. Those quirk/weird characters are always my favorites, hence why I support Savvy Stylist, even though I never played her game, as well as other retro forgotten characters who would make interesting characters [Lip, Drill Dozer Jill, one of the two main characters from Shin Onigashima (or both), maybe an Advance Wars character, etc] and non-retro characters as well (Inkling, Wonder Red, Dillon maybe). :)

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
Maybe she is in the next intallament
the DS game sold 2·67m
the 3ds game sold round 1.03m
i see she and vince (Art Academy) o both because are popular casual games.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Maybe she is in the next intallament
the DS game sold 2·67m
the 3ds game sold round 1.03m
i see she and vince (Art Academy) o both because are popular casual games.
That's some pretty interesting insight, especially when you've told us of the game's' overall sales. I'd imagine her being non-DLC in the sequel if they do plan on having a new Style Savvy on Nintendo's next handheld (Or heavily advertising it like they've did with Tomodachi Life).

@ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin Where are you?

Last edited:
Top Bottom