• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savvy Stylist - Sets the Trend, Style Savvy 3 coming to Europe

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Maybe she is in the next intallament
the DS game sold 2·67m
the 3ds game sold round 1.03m
i see she and vince (Art Academy) o both because are popular casual games.
She already have more chances of being in Smash than an Advance Wars character, if sales are anything to go by (and we know they are) :p :sadeyes:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
She already have more chances of being in Smash than an Advance Wars character, if sales are anything to go by (and we know they are) :p :sadeyes:
I have the good feeling that Sakurai might use her as a curveball in the future. The rage that would ensue would be enough to be a blockbuster. :troll:

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
In my opinion this IPs have great chances in the next intallament
-Splatoon:A Obiously inclusion,more pepole like the game and nintendo may promote the seque
-Advance Wars:I Think AW have a playable character,with a unic moves,likely IP.
-Golden Sun:Obious choise.
-Rtyhm Heaven:A Popular casual IP the games sold very well and it's know,very likely
-Art Academy/Girls Mode:4 artact the casuals
-The misterious murshame castle:an obious retro choice·
3rdparty:
Dragon Quest:A Sucefull series with history with nintendo.

Reila

All of those IPs have changes of getting the DLC treatment as well, except Dragon Quest.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
All of those IPs have changes of getting the DLC treatment as well, except Dragon Quest.
Honestly, I just don't see an Assist Trophy like Taka being promoted to a DLC character this gen after he was already decided to be an AT to begin with. I could be wrong, but it's better to save that character for a future installment.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I don't expect a new Game & Watch or Wii Fit game comin' anytime soon, but that doesn't really matter, I guess, at least it isn't all that matters. :T
Well obviously since Wii Fit U just came out exactly a year on this date (The 3rd installment in the series mind you and you could probably even include some of the wii sports/play/etc as related games.) Game & Watch still gets referenced quite frequently and even re-released on things like the GBA e-reader cards and the Game and Watch Gallery compilations on the DS. Reproductions were even a Club Nintendo reward one year. It is even referenced in games like Rhythm Heaven Fever on the Wii and in Game & Wario on the Wii U. He's fairing pretty well out of the "retro" bunch since he's Yokio's baby and the father of their handhelds/gaming endeavors.

In my opinion this IPs have great chances in the next intallament
-Splatoon:A Obiously inclusion,more pepole like the game and nintendo may promote the seque
-Advance Wars:I Think AW have a playable character,with a unic moves,likely IP.
-Golden Sun:Obious choise.
-Rtyhm Heaven:A Popular casual IP the games sold very well and it's know,very likely
-Art Academy/Girls Mode:4 artact the casuals
-The misterious murshame castle:an obious retro choice·
3rdparty:
Dragon Quest:A Sucefull series with history with nintendo.
Rhythm Heaven is an "arguably" casual game. Rhythm games are seen as great tests of accuracy and skill and are sometimes seen as hardcore/typical gaming in Japan. Anyways, I'd love for the majority of that group to appear in some form or another in Smash.

I know well what Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer (and the Mii Fighters) represent, but their aren't relevant to Nintendo nowadays. I think they all "deserve" being in Smash and I absolutely adore their inclusions, though. Those quirk/weird characters are always my favorites, hence why I support Savvy Stylist, even though I never played her game, as well as other retro forgotten characters who would make interesting characters [Lip, Drill Dozer Jill, one of the two main characters from Shin Onigashima (or both), maybe an Advance Wars character, etc] and non-retro characters as well (Inkling, Wonder Red, Dillon maybe). :)
WFT & Miis are very relevant to Wii/DS-Wii U/3DS Nintendo. I agree they deserve their roster spots and are some of the more unique/fun to play characters since they do show a lot of their background in their creative movesets.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Savvy Stylist >>>>>>>> Random ugly Kirby enemy holding a spear.

Thanks for reading.
I know I'm about a week late to say this, but the "ugly enemy" you're referring to, well, I just hope that you sir, or madam, are joking. That "ugly enemy" is far (and I mean FAR) from ugly and is probably one of THE cutest Nintendo/video game characters I have EVER seen, thank you very much.

Reila

I know I'm about a week late to say this, but the "ugly enemy" you're referring to, well, I just hope that you sir, or madam, are joking. That "ugly enemy" is far (and I mean FAR) from ugly and is probably one of THE cutest Nintendo/video game characters I have EVER seen, thank you very much.
I wasn't joking, I really don't like how Waddle Dee looks and it is one of the few characters I am actually against getting into Smash

This has nothing to do with the Savvy Stylist, though :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wasn't joking, I really don't like how Waddle Dee looks and it is one of the few characters I am actually against getting into Smash

This has nothing to do with the Savvy Stylist, though :upsidedown:
Speaking of the Savvy Stylist, I wonder who will be the ones to voice her. Stephanie Sheh would be perfect for the English voice while the seiyuu (Japanese voice) would be probably Yuuko Gotou.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Speaking of the Savvy Stylist, I wonder who will be the ones to voice her. Stephanie Sheh would be perfect for the English voice while the seiyuu (Japanese voice) would be probably Yuuko Gotou.
Wow! You know, when you bring it up, you have a great point! Stephanie Sheh really would be a great voice actress for Savvy Stylist! BTW, Stephanie Sheh is the voice of Orihime in "Bleach" and Yui Hirasawa in "K-ON!", right?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow! You know, when you bring it up, you have a great point! Stephanie Sheh really would be a great voice actress for Savvy Stylist! BTW, Stephanie Sheh is the voice of Orihime in "Bleach" and Yui Hirasawa in "K-ON!", right?
Yes, and the voice of Sonic's only beauty queen (Zeena).

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
This would piss more people off than the WFT did!

The thing is, I look at WFT and say: "This is such a good and funny idea" but I look at Style Savvy and think "Mehhh". Idk what the major difference is, but it's there.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This would piss more people off than the WFT did!

The thing is, I look at WFT and say: "This is such a good and funny idea" but I look at Style Savvy and think "Mehhh". Idk what the major difference is, but it's there.
Wait. What would piss people off?

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Wait. What would piss people off?
Savvy Stylist as a newcomer. That was the best part of WFT: that her addition made people mad.

Unrelated: What character is in your profile picture?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yes, and the voice of Sonic's only beauty queen (Zeena).
BTW, I forgot to mention, if Stephanie Sheh did end up voicing the Savvy Stylist, it would make sense and seem fitting considering Patrick Seitz's and Stephanie Koumure's involvement in this game, Stephanie Sheh would not be too out of left-field. Also, who has Yuuko Gotou voiced? I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, I've personally just never heard of her.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
BTW, I forgot to mention, if Stephanie Sheh did end up voicing the Savvy Stylist, it would make sense and seem fitting considering Patrick Seitz's and Stephanie Koumure's involvement in this game, Stephanie Sheh would not be too out of left-field. Also, who has Yuuko Gotou voiced? I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, I've personally just never heard of her.
Yuuko Gotou had voiced Mikuru Asahina (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), Yuuka Morisaki (I''s), Kaede Fuyo (Shuffle!), Machina (Dragonaut), Abiru Kobushi (Sayonnara Zetsubou Sensei), and the Japanese voice of Eugene from Hey Arnold. She's an actrice that is known for voicing cute (moe) characters , even in some adult visual novels.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
There's TWO tracks!

Pop Fashion Show is directly from the game, while Style Savvy is a new remix!

It's just awesome.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Wow, clearly Sakurai and his team are recognizing the series.
Heck, it has more songs than Rhythm Heaven, which doesn't even have one confirmed track yet.

Savvy Stylist might actually have a decent chance for Smash 5...

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

There's a track of Style Savvy in the game. WOOT!
There's TWO tracks!

Pop Fashion Show is directly from the game, while Style Savvy is a new remix!

It's just awesome.
Wow, clearly Sakurai and his team are recognizing the series.
Heck, it has more songs than Rhythm Heaven, which doesn't even have one confirmed track yet.

Savvy Stylist might actually have a decent chance for Smash 5...
YAY! I saw the video that contains this stuff! Yeah, Savvy Stylist might actually have a chance for Smash 5 if Smash 4 DLC doesn't happen....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I didn't know that there was Animal Crossing promotion in the second game. I wonder if this was a major hint towards something (Despite this being relatively old). :smirk:

Reila

Wow. Style Savvy, Soma Bringer and Baten Kaitos having music in Smash 4 was a great surprise.

Laniv

Smash Champion

I... I support this girl. You've convinced me. I'm actually excited and hopeful to see her.

So what would her series symbol be? A high-heeled shoe?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, like I said, At this point, Savvy Stylist does seem to be the type of character that could more than likely at this point, at least be on Sakurai's mind now. (I hope so at least.)

Reila

Her symbol could be a purse.

Also, yeah, one of the reasons Sakurai included the Wii Fit Trainer was because no one would have predicted her/him, so I don't doubt he would be crazy enough to put the Savvy Stylist in Smash as a DLC character. I am not expecting her, but I don't think she is extremely unlike either. Sakurai is the kind of guy who would put her in the game over some other more requester characters :p We can only hope and wait.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Style Savvy got a third game in Japan called "Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode Yokubari Sengen! Tokimeki Up!" (basically an uptated version of the 3DS game) so I guess the serie is pretty popular in Japan. And to be fair, I think that Japanese popularity is really important.
I know that Sakurai is aware of the requested characters around the world, but Smash is still really japanese: assist trophies shows it well, from Saki Amamiya to Takamaru, not forgetting Prince of Sablé, to name a few. I think this also works with the newcommers, Little Mac being some kind of response to the occidental fanbase.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Savvy Stylist as a newcomer. That was the best part of WFT: that her addition made people mad.

Unrelated: What character is in your profile picture?
The character in their profile Picture is Nester from Nintendo Power and Funky Bowling and Pilotwings 64.

Also Wii Fit is one of the more deserving series to be represented by sales and popularity of the game/it's affect on the industry along with Wii sports/play/etc. People get over stuff like this sooner or later especially with such massive rosters.

Also for series symbol it could easily be a clothes hanger, a purse, a shoe, sunglasses, etc.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The character in their profile Picture is Nester from Nintendo Power and Funky Bowling and Pilotwings 64.

Also Wii Fit is one of the more deserving series to be represented by sales and popularity of the game/it's affect on the industry along with Wii sports/play/etc. People get over stuff like this sooner or later especially with such massive rosters.

Also for series symbol it could easily be a clothes hanger, a purse, a shoe, sunglasses, etc.
Wait, DonkaFjord, were you referring to my avatar?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah- they asked who the character was but you never replied (Probably didn't see them ask) so I did it for you.
Oh, really? Well, thanks a lot! I would have also accepted you also mentioning Nester having the "alternate" name of Lark in Pilot Wings 64.:awesome:

Reila

Didn't someone create a fake Smash Bros site with Nester as a newcomer as an April Fools prank?
Style Savvy got a third game in Japan called "Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode Yokubari Sengen! Tokimeki Up!" (basically an uptated version of the 3DS game) so I guess the serie is pretty popular in Japan. And to be fair, I think that Japanese popularity is really important.
I know that Sakurai is aware of the requested characters around the world, but Smash is still really japanese: assist trophies shows it well, from Saki Amamiya to Takamaru, not forgetting Prince of Sablé, to name a few. I think this also works with the newcommers, Little Mac being some kind of response to the occidental fanbase.
The lack of Ridley as a playable character (and general Metroid content) also shows how the requested characters around here don't mean a lot for Sakurai and the developers team. At the same time, it is weird how series like Donkey Kong and Rhythm Heaven are underrepresented, given that those are some of Nintendo's most popular franchises in Japan.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Didn't someone create a fake Smash Bros site with Nester as a newcomer as an April Fools prank?

The lack of Ridley as a playable character (and general Metroid content) also shows how the requested characters around here don't mean a lot for Sakurai and the developers team. At the same time, it is weird how series like Donkey Kong and Rhythm Heaven are underrepresented, given that those are some of Nintendo's most popular franchises in Japan.
I honestly think that Ridley was considered, but that they ultimately thought he was better as a boss. Just my interpretation though.
Interpretation again, but DK may suffer from being a Mario character, despite having his own universe.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068

Thank you. I knew he looked familiar.

And interesting. The shoe would be funniest imo.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Here it is, the moment we all been waiting for. It's just as adorable and fashionable as the games themselves.

Last edited:

Reila

Pretty nice music :D

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Here it is, the moment we all been waiting for. It's just as adorable and fashionable as the games themselves.
Wow! It's.....actually.......pretty good to hear! Really upbeat! I was just beginning to hear about 3 minutes before that video was posted!:laugh: Remind me again though, does this song play in Wuhu Island or Pilot Wings? I don't mind for either, but I secretly REALLY hope this song plays on Pilot Wings. I mean, just imagine, fighting on the giant wings of planes with this song playing in the background, all the while taking in an aerial tour of Lesson 3's island from the original Pilot Wings, and then a big aerial tour of Wuhu Island. Also, personally, this song seems like one you would more likely hear in the actual Pilot Wings games, if not Style Savvy.

Top Bottom