• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savvy Stylist - Sets the Trend, Style Savvy 3 coming to Europe

Passcety

Smash Rookie
Here's a fun trailer idea:

Sakurai announces the new DLC in the form of character alts. Various costumes are shown, like Marth and Ike getting their Awakening costumes, Toon Link getting his Outset clothes, and, bizarrely enough, Mewtwo in a business suit.

Sakurai points out the detail in these costumes, while wondering aloud, "I wonder who designed these fashionable clothes...?"

Cut to an office with a window view of Battlefield, where :4mario:, :4shulk:, :4lucario:, and:4tlink: are duking it out. On the desk are various sketches of Mii Fighter costumes previously released. A human hand whose owner is unknown is seen sketching a new design: a sweater vest emblazoned with the Smash logo. The designer is putting on the finishing touches when the camera slowly drifts over to the window and takes a good look at everyone's clothes.

The designer (still unseen) quickly picks up the design they were working on, stows it in a purse, and heads out the door.

Back to the battlefield. Lucario has his opponents on the ropes. He is about to send everyone else flying when something gets his attention from behind. He turns around... and is immediately pulled into a cartoonish dust cloud of violence.

Mario, Shulk, and Toon Link stop fighting for long enough to stare. When the dust clears, Lucario is relatively unharmed... expect he's now wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

Everyone is wearing the same look of "...What?". Someone clears their throat from offscreen. Everyone turns around to meet the new challenger:

SAVVY STYLIST
DRESSES FOR SUCCESS!!

Her first matter is to take out Toon Link with a clothes rack. :p

At the end of the trailer, it shows the Savvy Stylist with all the character alts (with Mewtwo in a business right behind SS) and then a Mii shows up with that sweater vest hinted at.
This is win-win for people who do and don't want her in. You may hate on her, but can you really after she made that hot outfit for your main? (:< *stylist throwing hangers at haters*

The Style Savvy games are great and deffinately want her in! Still wondering how she'd sound if she had a voice. Imagine them just using the in-game bebebe text talk instead
*stylist hit at a high %* BEBEBEBEBEBEBE

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Who here thinks we'll get some Smash-inspired outfits? Like :4peach:, :4zelda:, and :rosalina:'s royal garbs, :4lucina:'s armor,(?) :4robinf:'s robe, :4wiifit:'s tank top, :4wendy:'s bow, along with her golden rings or maybe even :4zss:'s Zero Suit, and :4palutena:'s dress and jewelry (Now that would be a sight! Walking around in public with those on!)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Here's a fun trailer idea:

Sakurai announces the new DLC in the form of character alts. Various costumes are shown, like Marth and Ike getting their Awakening costumes, Toon Link getting his Outset clothes, and, bizarrely enough, Mewtwo in a business suit.

Sakurai points out the detail in these costumes, while wondering aloud, "I wonder who designed these fashionable clothes...?"

Cut to an office with a window view of Battlefield, where :4mario:, :4shulk:, :4lucario:, and:4tlink: are duking it out. On the desk are various sketches of Mii Fighter costumes previously released. A human hand whose owner is unknown is seen sketching a new design: a sweater vest emblazoned with the Smash logo. The designer is putting on the finishing touches when the camera slowly drifts over to the window and takes a good look at everyone's clothes.

The designer (still unseen) quickly picks up the design they were working on, stows it in a purse, and heads out the door.

Back to the battlefield. Lucario has his opponents on the ropes. He is about to send everyone else flying when something gets his attention from behind. He turns around... and is immediately pulled into a cartoonish dust cloud of violence.

Mario, Shulk, and Toon Link stop fighting for long enough to stare. When the dust clears, Lucario is relatively unharmed... expect he's now wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

Everyone is wearing the same look of "...What?". Someone clears their throat from offscreen. Everyone turns around to meet the new challenger:

SAVVY STYLIST
DRESSES FOR SUCCESS!!

Her first matter is to take out Toon Link with a clothes rack. :p

At the end of the trailer, it shows the Savvy Stylist with all the character alts (with Mewtwo in a business right behind SS) and then a Mii shows up with that sweater vest hinted at.
Bravo, Bravo!

What a wonderful trailer idea~

As for her Poster It'll be the Savvy Stylist Surrounded by a Number of Characters in new Alt Costumes
:4lucina: - Yukata
:4bowser: - Hipster
:4luigi:- Mr L
:4ryu:-

:4tlink:- Outset

:4pikachu:- Libre
:4pacman:- Mrs

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Bravo, Bravo!

As for her Poster It'll be the Savvy Stylist Surrounded by a Number of Characters in new Alt Costumes

When in the bloody hell since Ryu had a beard?

Your idea of a poster for her sounds interesting, since it would be a perfect opportunity to reveal that characters now have real alternate costumes instead of mostly pallet swaps. Plus more Pikachu Libre would be enough to rustle the jimmies of the hardcore Pokemon fans. :laugh:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
When in the bloody hell since Ryu had a beard?

Your idea of a poster for her sounds interesting, since it would be a perfect opportunity to reveal that characters now have real alternate costumes instead of mostly pallet swaps. Plus more Pikachu Libre would be enough to rustle the jimmies of the hardcore Pokemon fans. :laugh:
Beard Ryu is a special costume in Street Fighter 5

I can totally see Pikachu Libre being a thing now that she's in Pokken, it'll be both hilarious and awesome

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Beard Ryu is a special costume in Street Fighter 5

I can totally see Pikachu Libre being a thing now that she's in Pokken, it'll be both hilarious and awesome
I need to get that game next year since many of my favorite Alpha mains had been returning. Might consider preording the game since most of the costumes are pretty tempting (Chun Li's legs are still as monstrously frightening as ever).

Meanwhile, I just found the most ironic Style Savvy pic in history.

Ladies and gentleman, Tumblr in a nutshell. I like how a majority of these Style Savvy quotes poke fun at the trends regarding drama queens and divas these days. :laugh:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
:laugh: That is most certainly Tumblr
Oh Marcus McCloud for Fox,that's one I've liked for a bit

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

There will be a bundle of the new game in Europe with a white "New" 3DS that contains a digital copy of it. Plus more new information of about the game was revealed for those who aren't Japanese.

• Hair stylist and make-up artist: Styling clients goes far beyond clothes, with a huge range of make-up looks to apply at the beautician’s and countless creative hairstyles to delight customers at the hair salon.
  • Designer: Imaginative style enthusiasts can build their very own fashion house by designing a unique clothing and accessories line. Fashion labels are always on the lookout for up-and-coming designers, and often commission new items to complement their existing collection – a great opportunity to get noticed and spread the word about the boutique.
  • Model: Players can also show off their sartorial savvy as a model for in-game brands, each with its own vision and needs. It’s all about pairing the right outfit with flawless hair and make-up, then bringing it all together with the perfect pose. Images from photo shoots might even appear on billboards and advertisements around the city for everyone to admire!
  • Lastly, a retreat from the hustle and bustle of the fashion world awaits at Caprice Chalet. Here, anyone with a taste for decorating can transform the rooms of a dollhouse into anything from a relaxing bedroom to a trendy boutique, then share them online or with other players met via StreetPass.
As if America couldn't wait any longer for this thing to be bought here. >.>

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/2...g-to-nintendo-3ds-on-november-20th-in-europe/

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

There will be a bundle of the new game in Europe with a white "New" 3DS that contains a digital copy of it. Plus more new information of about the game was revealed for those who aren't Japanese.

• Hair stylist and make-up artist: Styling clients goes far beyond clothes, with a huge range of make-up looks to apply at the beautician’s and countless creative hairstyles to delight customers at the hair salon.
  • Designer: Imaginative style enthusiasts can build their very own fashion house by designing a unique clothing and accessories line. Fashion labels are always on the lookout for up-and-coming designers, and often commission new items to complement their existing collection – a great opportunity to get noticed and spread the word about the boutique.
  • Model: Players can also show off their sartorial savvy as a model for in-game brands, each with its own vision and needs. It’s all about pairing the right outfit with flawless hair and make-up, then bringing it all together with the perfect pose. Images from photo shoots might even appear on billboards and advertisements around the city for everyone to admire!
  • Lastly, a retreat from the hustle and bustle of the fashion world awaits at Caprice Chalet. Here, anyone with a taste for decorating can transform the rooms of a dollhouse into anything from a relaxing bedroom to a trendy boutique, then share them online or with other players met via StreetPass.
As if America couldn't wait any longer for this thing to be bought here. >.>

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/2...g-to-nintendo-3ds-on-november-20th-in-europe/

Oooooooh~

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So you guys know with Triforce Heroes having many different costumes to be used by Link, and how I said that savvy stylist was Link's designer.

Well from that I now have the headcanon of her being the Edna Mold of all Nintendo heroes, meaning this is how Mario and Luigi got their iconic overalls, and also why all the main Pokemon Trainer protagonists keep getting hats.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Haven't played the games, but love her melodies on SSB Wii U so sure!
Just imagine the other possible tracks we can get out of the other games. It can range from a jazzy beat to a calm melody since there are so many possibilities for Style Savvy content in Smash 5.

So you guys know with Triforce Heroes having many different costumes to be used by Link, and how I said that savvy stylist was Link's designer.

Well from that I now have the headcanon of her being the Edna Mold of all Nintendo heroes, meaning this is how Mario and Luigi got their iconic overalls, and also why all the main Pokemon Trainer protagonists keep getting hats.
Five star headcanon there. That would be more than enough of a reason for her power of fashion since she can design anything better than what Villager could do.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Does anyone think we'll get some Smash-inspired outfits? Like :4peach:, :4zelda:, and :rosalina:'s royal garbs, :4lucina:'s armor,(?) :4robinf:'s robe, :4wiifit:'s tank top, :4wendy:'s bow, along with her golden rings or maybe even :4zss:'s Zero Suit, and :4palutena:'s dress and jewelry (Now that would be a sight! Walking around in public with a Zero Suit or a goddess' dress on!)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Bravo, Bravo!

I'm sorry, but...Hot Ryu. Am I the ONLY person on Earth who is getting the vibe that Ryu trained under Chuck Norris between SF III and SFV?! Sorry, double-post.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Does anyone think we'll get some Smash-inspired outfits? Like :4peach:, :4zelda:, and :rosalina:'s royal garbs, :4lucina:'s armor,(?) :4robinf:'s robe, :4wiifit:'s tank top, :4wendy:'s bow, along with her golden rings or maybe even :4zss:'s Zero Suit, and :4palutena:'s dress and jewelry (Now that would be a sight! Walking around in public with a Zero Suit or a goddess' dress on!)
Based on what we see here, only a select amount of Amiibo are compatible with this game. More could have been added before launch and so doubt they can add extras through a patch at this point.

http://amiibo.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_presents:_New_Style_Boutique_2_-_Fashion_Forward

I'm sorry, but...Hot Ryu. Am I the ONLY person on Earth who is getting the vibe that Ryu trained under Chuck Norris between SF III and SFV?! Sorry, double-post.
If that were the case, he should have been able to shake the ground through push-ups and cause a Big Bang with a single roundhouse kick. :laugh:

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman

KatKit

Smash Lord
I wish I saw the thread earlier, I would've put a "want: 100%" like I did the last time.

Also, people definitely underrated her chances of inclusion, which is a shame. The series is recent, fun, first-party, sells well, and even has 2 songs and a trophy in Smash 4 soooo... HOW THE HECK DOES THE STYLIST HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF BECOMING PLAYABLE? Talk about bias. :/ If only people kept an open mind and did a little research.

If The Stylist ever becomes playable in the future (either as DLC or in a future installment), then she'd be worth it simply for the salt alone.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Some of the people on that thread are too pretentious. "THERE ARE TOO MANY MAINSTREAM, 1ST PARTY CHARACTERS THAT DESERVE TO BE IN SMASH". Chillax people, it's Smash and quit being so basic and uncreative... =w=
I wish I saw the thread earlier, I would've put a "want: 100%" like I did the last time.

Also, people definitely underrated her chances of inclusion, which is a shame. The series is recent, fun, first-party, sells well, and even has 2 songs and a trophy in Smash 4 soooo... HOW THE HECK DOES THE STYLIST HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF BECOMING PLAYABLE? Talk about bias. :/ If only people kept an open mind and did a little research.

If The Stylist ever becomes playable in the future (either as DLC or in a future installment), then she'd be worth it simply for the salt alone.
Exactly! I can't remeber where, but on SG, there's an article that talks about how Sakurai isn't completely keen on ALWAYS adding "popular" characters 100% of the time, and that he actually LOVES "WTF" characters, so at least he's standing by his notion of having a WTF character in every Smash game so far. BTW, here's a record of "WTF" characters chosen to be playable in Smah over the years:
SSB: Captain Falcon and Ness. Jigglypuff, to a lesser extent.
SSBM: Mr. Game and Watch. Ice Climbers, to a lesser extent. Marth and Roy, depending on how you look at them. Especially Roy.
SSBB: R.O.B. Pit to a lesser extent.Snake and Sonic, depending on how you look at it.
SSB4: Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, Villager, for certain reasons,

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Style Savvy as a shoo-in confirmed. :troll:
Wait, I thought Brash the Bear is the only shoo-in around here?

As an avid fan of the Style Savvy franchise, I would love to Sakurai to drop the bomb on us with a character from these charming games. While she many not be fighter material, the costume possibilities are endless due to the depth of customization these games have. Just imagine her strutting her stuff while ***** slapping Mario and taking a selfie for a taunt. If Wii Fit Trainer was a great shock character, then the Savvy Stylists is the PERFECT shock character for Smash 5/6. :p

Can you add me to the list, DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin ?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Wait, I thought Brash the Bear is the only shoo-in around here?

As an avid fan of the Style Savvy franchise, I would love to Sakurai to drop the bomb on us with a character from these charming games. While she many not be fighter material, the costume possibilities are endless due to the depth of customization these games have. Just imagine her strutting her stuff while ***** slapping Mario and taking a selfie for a taunt. If Wii Fit Trainer was a great shock character, then the Savvy Stylists is the PERFECT shock character for Smash 5/6. :p

Can you add me to the list, DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin ?
Anyone who has good taste is always added to the list, and YOU most certainly have good taste~

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I checked the sales charts True posted, and Style Savvy and Nintendo Land are among Nintendo's biggest franchises not with a deconfirmed role yet, both nearing 4 million in sales total. Certainly interesting stuff.
Rhythm Heaven, Nintendogs, Brain Age, Big Brain Academy, Art Academy, Tomadachi Life/Tomadachi Collection, Tetris (Which Nintendo lost the 'rights' to), Cooking Guide! Can't Decide what to eat? (Shaberu! DS Oryōri Navi.)

All of these game series sell amazingly well and continue to get sequels (Yes, the cooking guide has over 4 sequels/"spin offs.")

Wii Fit obviously was one of the biggest franchises next to the 'Miis' to make it in as playable to lukewarm reception at best. Wii Fit/Sports is one of the best selling video game series of all time and it probably is the youngest series on the list right next to Minecraft. Most of Nintendo's success last generation with the Wii & DS focused on more "casual" experiences which is a market Nintendo single-handedly made marketable and profitable. However the "hardcore gamers" will be bitter that a Nintendog got in over Pokemon #38473 or the flying present from Animal Crossing or something because "casual" holds a lot of negative connotations to them. Even so, the majority of people buying Smash, Mario Kart, etc. will be "casual" players.

I also see people complaining they aren't "All-Stars" but Captain Falcon, Ness, and even Kirby were sometimes considered to be in the same bout when the first game launched (Though that has a lot to do with the regional differences between Japan and the west.) By the time the next Smash Bros. comes out I am sure that the new additions to Smash 4's roster will be more recognized as Nintendo 'All-Stars,' and the same will happen for the next game... maybe (The roster is getting so large I probably couldn't name all of them without forgetting 1 or 2 characters.)

I am sure we will eventually see some of these franchises make their playable smash debut, not as DLC, but in the base game of future titles. Some of those are fine just as music or Assists or stages though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Come on Nintendo of America, just reveal the new trailer for Style Savvy 3. Geezus quackers, you are even fine with showing us short videos of Yo-Kai Watch and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash this week. :urg:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Come on Nintendo of America, just reveal the new trailer for Style Savvy 3. Geezus quackers, you are even fine with showing us short videos of Yo-Kai Watch and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash this week. :urg:
In due time my dear, in due time. All we need is that new Nintendo Direct with the president and we can get the fashion hype train rolling. Lucky Europeans.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Those games are coming sooner and are one of the few titles they have ready for the Holidays. It will come eventually.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

I'm ready NA!Nintendo. ;w;
While the English trailer may lack that cuteness factor the original JP version had, the lyrics were pretty spot on and it flowed well towards the end.

And yes, NOA needs to give us this game!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
(based on the forum closure)
Giving the invite out to everyone if you choose to accept it.

MY group will be remaining open and will allow anyone to come if they wish to return to business as usual. Make your thread here if you would like. Trying to keep the community together.
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/all-character-support.1812/
Well, looks like this fashion show's gotta run to another hip place now that things are coming to an end DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin .

Well Damn, It was nice having our own little Runway Thread while it lasted(Though notifications rarely told me when someone posted)
We'll just have to do our best in the social thread

Top Bottom