• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savvy Stylist - Sets the Trend, Style Savvy 3 coming to Europe

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin you might want to remove R.O.B. from the support list since that was my old username. Having two names from one person would basically be cheating. :p

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Ain't noooobody got the Style that Savvy Stylist got

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm not sure about DLC though she is my top WTFAYFKM pick for Smash 5.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm not expecting DLC myself but maybe she'll get enough votes to turn some heads

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
She also woudl be a great character for showing the new game can handle transformations with the different costume changes.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
New Style Boutique is only 8 at my local store...Should I get it?
As someone who only bought the game to find out more about the game so I could work on the move-set I gotta say it was actually surprisingly fun and interesting to play and I'd mot definitely recommend you..

get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it
get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it
get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it
get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
As someone who only bought the game to find out more about the game so I could work on the move-set I gotta say it was actually surprisingly fun and interesting to play and I'd mot definitely recommend you..

I am thinking of just waiting for the 3DS one since it seems to be the most polished and have clothing customization which is more appealing to me than just matching things together. Plus the mode that turns your Miis into cute anime girls seems like a must-buy. I lways wondered why more games didn't use a new art style with the Mii engine- it'd be pretty cool if more did.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I am thinking of just waiting for the 3DS one since it seems to be the most polished and have clothing customization which is more appealing to me than just matching things together. Plus the mode that turns your Miis into cute anime girls seems like a must-buy. I lways wondered why more games didn't use a new art style with the Mii engine- it'd be pretty cool if more did.
That's the 2nd 3DS game. Besides, if I don't enjoy it I won't feel ripped off

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder what the sales numbers of the series are. Probably ones that would embarrass most series currently in smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wonder what the sales numbers of the series are. Probably ones that would embarrass most series currently in smash.
I'll just simply requote this right quick.

Mario: 498.30
Pokémon: 235.00
Wii Sports/Fit/Play/Party/Music: 201.60
Zelda: 78.26
Donkey Kong: 56.49
Brain Training: 43.38
Kirby: 30.89
Nintendogs: 27.46
Animal Crossing: 25.94
Smash Bros: 25.10
Wario: 18.05
Yoshi: 17.85
Metroid: 13.84
Star Fox: 8.81
Luigi’s Mansion: 7.30
Tomodachi: 5.61
F-Zero: 5.00
Punch-Out!!: 4.16
Style Boutique: 4.01
Game & Watch Gallery: 3.44
Kid Icarus: 2.99
Golden Sun: 2.77
Pikmin: 2.71
Pilotwings: 2.26
While the data itself is pretty outdated (this was compiled back in 2014), it gives you an idea of how well the Style Savvy franchise sells everywhere. The shipment is close to Punch Out and better than the Game and Watch Gallery titles and other minor Nintendo series. So if we think about the sales that were made around this time with Girls Mode 3 in Japan, it can easily be above Punch Out and between F-Zero by now.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So uh guys something pretty important for Girls Mode 3 is happening in Europe:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ll_strut_its_stuff_in_europe_on_20th_november

That's right the game is being localised in Europe. So we now have release date for the European version. Nintendo was pretty sly with this announcement, since they announced Super Mario Maker bundle pack, Zelda Triforce Heroes and Xenoblade Chronicles release dates for Europe, but they won't sneak this one past us, will they.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ll_strut_its_stuff_in_europe_on_20th_november

That's right the game is being localised in Europe. So we now have release date for the European version. Nintendo was pretty sly with this announcement, since they announced Super Mario Maker bundle pack, Zelda Triforce Heroes and Xenoblade Chronicles release dates for Europe, but they won't sneak this one past us, will they.
Please, this is a sign that Nintendo will eventually announce the U.S. release in a future Nintendo Direct. But I'm still not surprised why they announced localization for this game and not Rhythm Heaven, even if it's just for one region. :smirk:

I think this calls for a new title change to celebrate, isn't that right @ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin ?

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice

Oh crap. I gotta be prepared to get my fashion sense on...

BTW, I'm still waiting for that Ms. Frizzell clothing line DLC Nintendo...:smirk:

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

Oh shiiiiiiii, buying it day one guaranteed

Please, this is a sign that Nintendo will eventually announce the U.S. release in a future Nintendo Direct. But I'm still not surprised why they announced localization for this game and not Rhythm Heaven, even if it's just for one region. :smirk:

I think this calls for a new title change to celebrate, isn't that right @ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin ?

That it most certainly is, what do I add "Trendsetters 3 Announced for Europe" ?

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
OMG I just noticed I'm not on the supporter list. Please sign me up!!!:b:

BTW I'd love the idea for the down b even more if after the curtains rise, her outfit changes in order from feminine, to gothic, to ethnic.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
BTW, I'm still waiting for that Ms. Frizzell clothing line DLC Nintendo...:smirk:
Closet right now is the Ethnic look

OMG I just noticed I'm not on the supporter list. Please sign me up!!!:b:

BTW I'd love the idea for the down b even more if after the curtains rise, her outfit changes in order from feminine, to gothic, to ethnic.
That would be cool, consider yourself added

New Style Boutique is only 8 at my local store...Should I get it?
did you get that after?

Last edited by a moderator:

Graizen

Smash Champion
My god i never knew of that character! o.o
I need to check the games

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
I highly doubt she will be DLC, but if the series keeps going and builds up sales, she could easily be the Wii Fit Trainer of Smash 5.
Yeah. I see it this way too, but I do hope Style Saavy Trendist does become a character. Style Saavy is one of Nintendo's least recognized game series. Not only would Smash give it more recognition, but the game deserves some representation in Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I highly doubt she will be DLC, but if the series keeps going and builds up sales, she could easily be the Wii Fit Trainer of Smash 5.
Agreed, it would be much better for the character to be a newcomer than one time DLC. That is why we are building hype or getting people interested in the series so that they can know what to expect. Chances are that syn Sophia will continue the series because of its growing user base over the years since the total units shipped outnumber that of your average minor Nintendo series (it's even currently over Punch Out's lifetime units as we speak).

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, it would be much better for the character to be a newcomer than one time DLC. That is why we are building hype or getting people interested in the series so that they can know what to expect. Chances are that syn Sophia will continue the series because of its growing user base over the years since the total units shipped outnumber that of your average minor Nintendo series (it's even currently over Punch Out's lifetime units as we speak).
It's over lifetime sales of Punch Out? Not from what I've seen...? Source...?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hopefully, the series will still sell. It really does look more like the series could get a character for Smash 5, rather than Smash 4 DLC. To this day, I'm still surprised that Style Savvy even got as much recognition in Smash 4 as it did. That being a trophy of Michaela on the 3DS version and 2 songs from the series on the Wii U version, and Style Savvy's not even a home console series!:laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's over lifetime sales of Punch Out? Not from what I've seen...? Source...?
Mario: 498.30
Pokémon: 235.00
Wii Sports/Fit/Play/Party/Music: 201.60
Zelda: 78.26
Donkey Kong: 56.49
Brain Training: 43.38
Kirby: 30.89
Nintendogs: 27.46
Animal Crossing: 25.94
Smash Bros: 25.10
Wario: 18.05
Yoshi: 17.85
Metroid: 13.84
Star Fox: 8.81
Luigi’s Mansion: 7.30
Tomodachi: 5.61
F-Zero: 5.00
Punch-Out!!: 4.16
Style Boutique: 4.01
Game & Watch Gallery: 3.44
Kid Icarus: 2.99
Golden Sun: 2.77
Pikmin: 2.71
Pilotwings: 2.26
This is a list of compiled top selling Nintendo franchises that @toadster101 shared in the K. Rool thread months ago. The data dates back to March 2014, meaning it is rather out of date. Though if you add any future units solids in addition to the Japanese units of the third game, it would probably be a bit closer to or a little over Punch Out by now. Though it is rather impressive that it sold more copies more than both Kid Icarus (Sakurai's precious baby) and Game & Watch Gallery.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
This is a list of compiled top selling Nintendo franchises that @toadster101 shared in the K. Rool thread months ago. The data dates back to March 2014, meaning it is rather out of date. Though if you add any future units solids in addition to the Japanese units of the third game, it would probably be a bit closer to or a little over Punch Out by now. Though it is rather impressive that it sold more copies more than both Kid Icarus (Sakurai's precious baby) and Game & Watch Gallery.
Well, comparing to recent data Punch Out has sold a TINY bit more, but the 3rd game in the series might push it past it.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Here's a fun trailer idea:

Sakurai announces the new DLC in the form of character alts. Various costumes are shown, like Marth and Ike getting their Awakening costumes, Toon Link getting his Outset clothes, and, bizarrely enough, Mewtwo in a business suit.

Sakurai points out the detail in these costumes, while wondering aloud, "I wonder who designed these fashionable clothes...?"

Cut to an office with a window view of Battlefield, where :4mario:, :4shulk:, :4lucario:, and:4tlink: are duking it out. On the desk are various sketches of Mii Fighter costumes previously released. A human hand whose owner is unknown is seen sketching a new design: a sweater vest emblazoned with the Smash logo. The designer is putting on the finishing touches when the camera slowly drifts over to the window and takes a good look at everyone's clothes.

The designer (still unseen) quickly picks up the design they were working on, stows it in a purse, and heads out the door.

Back to the battlefield. Lucario has his opponents on the ropes. He is about to send everyone else flying when something gets his attention from behind. He turns around... and is immediately pulled into a cartoonish dust cloud of violence.

Mario, Shulk, and Toon Link stop fighting for long enough to stare. When the dust clears, Lucario is relatively unharmed... expect he's now wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

Everyone is wearing the same look of "...What?". Someone clears their throat from offscreen. Everyone turns around to meet the new challenger:

SAVVY STYLIST
DRESSES FOR SUCCESS!!

Her first matter is to take out Toon Link with a clothes rack. :p

At the end of the trailer, it shows the Savvy Stylist with all the character alts (with Mewtwo in a business right behind SS) and then a Mii shows up with that sweater vest hinted at.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Sakurai announces the new DLC in the form of character alts. Various costumes are shown, like Marth and Ike getting their Awakening costumes, Toon Link getting his Outset clothes, and, bizarrely enough, Mewtwo in a business suit.

Sakurai points out the detail in these costumes, while wondering aloud, "I wonder who designed these fashionable clothes...?"

Cut to an office with a window view of Battlefield, where :4mario:, :4shulk:, :4lucario:, and:4tlink: are duking it out. On the desk are various sketches of Mii Fighter costumes previously released. A human hand whose owner is unknown is seen sketching a new design: a sweater vest emblazoned with the Smash logo. The designer is putting on the finishing touches when the camera slowly drifts over to the window and takes a good look at everyone's clothes.

The designer (still unseen) quickly picks up the design they were working on, stows it in a purse, and heads out the door.

Back to the battlefield. Lucario has his opponents on the ropes. He is about to send everyone else flying when something gets his attention from behind. He turns around... and is immediately pulled into a cartoonish dust cloud of violence.

Mario, Shulk, and Toon Link stop fighting for long enough to stare. When the dust clears, Lucario is relatively unharmed... expect he's now wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

Everyone is wearing the same look of "...What?". Someone clears their throat from offscreen. Everyone turns around to meet the new challenger:

SAVVY STYLIST
DRESSES FOR SUCCESS!!

At the end of the trailer, it shows the Savvy Stylist with all the character alts (with Mewtwo in a business right behind SS) and then a Mii shows up with that sweater vest hinted at.
Strange, it sounds accurately close to what the real Sakurai would say in a Nintendo Direct. Though the trailer idea is pretty awesome, especially with Mewtwo having his own business (MewtwoWare confirmed). :troll:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

SAVVY STYLIST
DRESSES FOR SUCCESS!!

Strange, it sounds accurately close to what the real Sakurai would say in a Nintendo Direct. Though the trailer idea is pretty awesome, especially with Mewtwo having his own business (MewtwoWare confirmed). :troll:
You'r all going to be surprised, I honestly thought the "Mewtwo-in-a-suit" thing was supposed to be some HILARIOUS shout-out to Giovanni of Team Rocket. Crazy, huh?:laugh:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice

SAVVY STYLIST
DRESSES FOR SUCCESS!!

Perfect. Good work sir!!!

Also, character alt DLC would make my life complete. I can imagine it now: "remember that alt costume of Shulk in his underwear? Now you can buy a new alt without the underwear! Are you feeling it?"

Lolimsorry

Last edited:
Top Bottom