• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

CableCho57

Smash Lord
so basically dante and I are gonna rip up irvine and split first place.

and socal will hate on us for splitting, and we'll say, "back off! or metalreflectslime will ban all of you!!"

hype!! =)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
So it turns out that Smash Club will not happen next year due to the reasons stated in the email unless two more people step up. :(

EDIT: I can't believe Dante lost to David from UCSD (StopNStart on SWF). He was the Marth main right? I beat him at the practice tournament for DGDTJ at Julian S.'s house. Well there wasn't any money on the line so he could have sandbagged since I sensed that he was in a hurry to leave, but Julian K. just told me on Google Talk right now that David has improved a lot so maybe I could be wrong by putting Dante on blast. :embarrass:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dante, I'm gonna make my Melee Marth legit, and I'm gonna challenge you to a Marth ditto just to troll you.

Marth is stupid, gay, and ridiculously easy to learn. I don't even play Marth currently and I can take games off some of our guys already.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Is anyone going to the LP today? Notice how I used LP to designate LAN Party and LPT to designate LAN Party Tournament. Dante, obviously doesn't understand the difference between two abbreviations since he called me out saying I was wrong thinking that I said the entire LP (LAN Party) was cancelled when only the LPT (LAN Party Tournament) was cancelled. :embarrass:

Evan and Daniel are pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFUbIuJUI4w&feature=feedu

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I wish... school's got me by the balls monday through thursday
^lmao this 9001x.

I love how I got absolutely nothing done yesterday (including the fact I missed out on 3rd place...I'm looking at you Caleb! <3). I was talking to a friend and we were discussing how it's March (in another day), the time where all the papers are due, and motivation levels have never been lower.

guywhowobbledM2K

Smash Cadet
I don't know about you guys but I'm jonesing for some smash and vids just aren't cutting it, any chance of anyone being available anytime this week for some smashfests on top of the regular Saturday smash?

Also I met gosusheep on the bus and he sounded interested in some smashfest action.

@gosusheep our regular weekly smashfests are in building 387(bungalow right across from the library) on saturdays starting at 6:00 PM(its fairly empty till around 6:30-7:00 though)

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
Im looking forward to some serious smash this saturday. Id say sooner but i really have no time for smash during the week. Please keep me posted. Dante, start showing up earlier to the smash events!!!!! :)

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
A Friday night smashfest would be ideal for me. I live 45+ minutes away so going to a smashfest on Saturday for only a couple hours is a big pain.

Anyone want to do something Friday night?

CableCho57

Smash Lord
joe youre falcon is getting soo goood.

matt I'm usually busy friday nights so I probably cant. and smashclub on saturdays usually go at least till midnight and sometimes later.

free falcon tourney this saturday???

DanteFox

Smash Champion
@ joe: I would but this saturday I have a gig in the evening. You stay later, joe. you used to stay late. :(

@matt: saturday nights aren't only for a couple of hours. It starts at 6 and usually goes until at least midnight, sometimes later.

@caleb: I would hold one but I'm almost positive either anthony or jeff will not show up because it's near the end of the quarter and jeff's mr. "not even for a couple of hours I've gotta study to keep up my straight As" and anthony is idk what he is.

next quarter for sure though.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Playing smash until midnight is not ideal-.- I go to sleep around midnight and I gotta drive home. Why do ya'll like to start so late on Saturday?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Playing smash until midnight is not ideal-.- I go to sleep around midnight and I gotta drive home. Why do ya'll like to start so late on Saturday?
6 is EARLY man. I'm not really able to provide food at the venue, so like I'm going to expect that you have eaten before you come.

I'd have people over at my place on Friday except I'm actually obligated to complete my homework as the quarter wraps up. What's especially awesome about me hosting events at my place is I actually will bother to steal food from the dining commons.

Also...tomorrow, I'm not going to miss my chance to get a free Celebi from Gamestop! So yeah...I have stuff going on. Homework, and a trip to downtown to get my free Celebi.

I really wish I could be recording more vids of us, because I feel we've all been improving.

If only my tournament sets were recorded, man my Mario was doing work there.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
I can bring my recorder if you want David. Just need flash drives. Heres how i feel about saturday smash. It should be a rise and shine all day event. The routine should be wake up and have a heary Cajun Kitchen breakfast and then smash until ur brain hurts. I work all freaking week with zero smash. So i need a whole weeks filling in a single day... the earlier the better :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I can bring my recorder if you want David. Just need flash drives. Heres how i feel about saturday smash. It should be a rise and shine all day event. The routine should be wake up and have a heary Cajun Kitchen breakfast and then smash until ur brain hurts. I work all freaking week with zero smash. So i need a whole weeks filling in a single day... the earlier the better :)
I like the Cajun Kitchen part. but the venue is not available that early. :embarrass:

Top Bottom