• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

CableCho57

Smash Lord
when is irvine? this weekend? if So i reaaaaaaaallllly shouldnt go.

Edit: let me clarify I really should go but am open to being talked out of working on my paper.
what about this guy huy?

just screw that paper and play some smash

let future david worry about it. itll be his problem =P

edit: well if its hella important, then you shouldnt go lol. I dont want you to get jacked later

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Writing a paper isn't as simple as typing until the length is achieved. There's a lot of note taking, reading, analyzing, synthesizing, researching, etc. involved. You obviously never wrote an upper division political science paper for an honors political science class at UCSB before. :facepalm:

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Writing a paper isn't as simple as typing until the length is achieved. There's a lot of note taking, reading, analyzing, synthesizing, researching, etc. involved. You obviously never wrote an upper division political science paper for an honors political science class at UCSB before. :facepalm:
And you clearly have.

please don't talk to me like I'm an idiot. It just makes you look like an ***.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Dante and Huy always seem like a disgruntled married couple-.-

Back to the topic! LAN party on Sunday still on but no tournament, correct? We have smashfest yeye?

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
Huy stop answering for people!

As for the paper it is 8 pages due Wednesday but I should still work on it this weekend. Im a no for the tourney unless I happen to get a lot done this week.

As for the LAN party we know there is no official tourney but does anyone know if we can still bring set ups just to play? If not I down for a smashfest on Sunday Gosu (assuming I have enough of my paper done)

P.S. Huy stop answering for people.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
The paper is 10 pages in length and is due the following Monday.
As for the paper it is 8 pages due Wednesday but I should still work on it this weekend.
ahahahaha.

huy really seems hellbent on destroying what little trust people have in his word. I'm gonna message Nelson to see if Huy's telling the truth about the LAN party.

protip: making stuff up when you don't know it only works on exams!

CableCho57

Smash Lord
lol huy i'm not busy for sunday

I just dont know if id be in the mood for smash after a tourney the day before.

p.s. huy stop answering for people lol (like the epic failure of details on davidm's paper =P)

edit: LOL dante your sig is totally appropriate for these last few posts hahahaha

WEEEEOOOOO WEEEEOOOOO

It's the WHO GIVES A **** POLICE

this page is under arrest

DanteFox

Smash Champion
and the saga continues.

me: yo nelson
crazysim: hey
me: I heard the lan party was rescheduled to this sunday.
crazysim: yes
me: is it still happening?
crazysim: yes
me: ok cool because huy told me that it wasn't
crazysim: read the minutes
he should read the minutes
if he can't attend the meetings
me: ok
crazysim: anybody can read the mintues too
they're right on the front page of the site
http://ucsbastech.org/

crazysim is nelson's screen name on gtalk btw.

tl;dr the LAN party's still happening.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
It seems like some people are running out of arguments and resulting to ad hominem which is a fallacy. Strawman arguments are also fallacies as well. :facepalm: Anyways, give my spot to Evan since I'm probably not going anymore and a 5th spot shouldn't be wasted not just because of gas money, but also to help out the community. :)

D

Deleted member

It seems like some people are running out of arguments and resulting to ad hominem which is a fallacy. Strawman arguments are also fallacies as well. :facepalm: Anyways, give my spot to Evan since I'm probably not going anymore and a 5th spot shouldn't be wasted not just because of gas money, but also to help out the community. :)
hey man u should try to go because one of the only reasons im gunna go to is to ******* MESS UR ****** *** UP

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Let me attempt to alleviate the hostility.

@Huy,

I understand you are attempting to efficiently solidify plans and schedules based on the information you have. However, there is no excuse for statements like "You obviously never wrote an upper division political science paper for an honors political science class at UCSB before." It is insulting and you can't be sure that you are correct. If you are attempting to conclude an argument in your favor, it will be more difficult if the opposing parties are pissed off at you. You cannot win a logical argument if the other party is too pissed off at you to understand your perspective. That being said, you may also want to try statements like "I believe Caleb, David, and Dante are busy on Sunday".

@Dante,

I believe Huy was strictly implying that there was no official tournament or organized smashfest on Sunday. Thus his claim of the strawman fallacy.

@Eikelmann,

I'm sure s2j was being facetious. Also, privyet svolich?

I will do my best to contribute to a smashfest at this LAN party on Sunday at UCSB. Even if we have 1 setup, it would be better than 0.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Thanks, Matthew. Your posts are amazing. If only you had more posts and you were more active on SWF, I would definitely nominate you as a moderator, but you seem busy. I believe 2500 posts are required before someone can be nominated as a moderator. :)

Top Bottom