• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I've actually had the privledge of eating Krogodile meat before. It's quite tasteless, rugged, and dense. rofl

Almost like eating fish, but meat.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I go to church on Sundays *coughlikeyouguysshouldbedoingaswellcough*

But if it were like after 1:00PM or something i don't know. It wouldn't hurt too much

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Final Words on the next triweekly...

Well guys, UCSD (John Muir College - Ucsd is split up into 6 colleges) just gave me a thumb up on using their REDWOOD LOUNGE for the next triweekly. They have us booked down for SATURDAY... so I suppose the next triweekly will be on a Saturday.

So...

March 4th Triweekly will be held at UCSD John Muir College - REDWOOD LOUNGE (or the place is also called EL MERCADO).
I know, very confusing. Give me or KO a phone call, we'll be able to help you out.

In this map (KO's) it is building 225 in the 8B section, you guys can park at either parking lot P206 or P207, it's free over the weekend.
http://ucsdmiraclemile.com/images/ucsd_map_big.jpg

Here's another MAP that shows where the place is.
... basically, like I said, it's across campus from the old place.

Feel free to contact me if there's any question.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
TANK YOU PHA

Revelle > all and u know it

El Mercado is actually easier to Navigate than the Sixth College Lodge. Just drive up North Torrey Pines Road and make a right once you see Muir.

The Krogodile

Smash Cadet
CAOTIC said:
I've actually had the privledge of eating Krogodile meat before. It's quite tasteless, rugged, and dense. rofl

Almost like eating fish, but meat.
wtf man, wtf. krogodile meat is juicy and succulent, like the finest wine, mixed with the finest women, and then deep fried. hey, maybe i can bring some fried chicken next triweekly.

mightyw00ters

Smash Rookie
The Krogodile said:
hey, maybe i can bring some fried chicken next triweekly.
Fried chicken?
Hm... Now that you mention it, I could go for some watermelon... Maybe some Kool-Aid to wash it down...

Seriously, though, Krogodile meat is truly a delicacy. Should one ever get the chance to eat it, one would be quite overwhelmed with taste. Weaker-minded individuals' brains have been known to explode upon merely smelling the great meat, as they can't take the intense pleasure it causes.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
CAOTIC said:
PHA I CHALLENGE U TO A SALAD MATCH. YOUR FALCO VS MY BOOZER. WHO EVER WINS SHOUTS THE OTHER SALAD OK DEAL

YOU OWE ME ONE BIGA$$ SALAD

LOOLOOOOOLLLOLLOLOLOLLLL

Rickety

Peace and Love
UCSD Triweekly Tournament Details.

Azn_Lep presents:
UCSD Triweekly XX: TBA
University of California: San Diego, San Diego, CA

Details:

Where- 9500 Gliman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92092
When-
Time-

ENTRY COST -
Singles ($5 per person)
Doubles ($10 per team)

POT DISTRIBUTION -
Singles (1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%)
Doubles (1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%)
Crews (Winning crew takes all)

Click Here for Tournament Rules

CONTACT INFORMATION -
For additional information, feel free to contact:
Azn_Lep: 760-580-6774
Rickety: 858-776-3133

Directions from South (5 North):
I-5 North
Exit La Jolla Village Drive
Left on La Jolla Village Drive
Right on Villa La Jolla Drive
Opt. (Right on Gilman Drive)

Directions from North (5 South):
I-5 South
Exit La Jolla Village Drive
Right on La Jolla Village Drive
Right on Villa La Jolla Drive
Opt. (Right on Gilman Drive)

Map:

If you park in the Gilman Parking Structure, expect a bit of a walk [1/4 a mile or so] I recommend that you park in lot 406 near the east side. Then it's just a short walk north along a sidewalk through the Sixth College Apartments. You'll come up right behind the Lodge.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
meyoulou: I'm not sure if he still does it, but Ken's brother Mike used to mod them for $10. Just head to a biweekly

Zack: WTH is that thing?! and ya rly cause Pha is insecure as it is.

Pha: We all still love you, even if your falco was 3-stocked... by a Bowser... in a salad match, aww. :)

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
meyoulou said:
Cao or anyone that knows about this,

where/how do you modify your controller? did you get instructions on a web site or did someone do it for you? i've been wanting to do it for a while. thanks! :]
Sorry guys, i read this so ill tell you how.

Buy a tri-wing screwdriver, you could probably find it at radio shack.

I just swaped the shells and cleaned the inside and it recuperates your dead controllers too.
I had one where the c-stick didnt work but i cleaned the inside and now it works as good as new.

The screwdriver does not have to be nintendo, im sure you can find one. Hope that helps.

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
There's this bad rumor flying around that my Falco was 3 stocked... and I'm insecured...? What the douche!

Just watch how my Pichu tore up his Bowser... we have clip to prove it... Now does it make any sense that my Falco would do worst...???

Hahaha... jp, fawk, my Falco was utterly *****... BUT it wasn't a salad match. Salad match will happen at the next triweekly.

About the Pha pichu vs Caotic bowser match, ask either me, eddie, or cao for it. Cao says he might have it on the hub... Totally worth watching... lol.

NuB_BoMbER

Smash Cadet
San Diego, CA : I go to the UCSD Tri-Weeklies
Ultra Luigi said:

I just swaped the shells and cleaned the inside and it recuperates your dead controllers too.
I had one where the c-stick didnt work but i cleaned the inside and now it works as good as new.

The screwdriver does not have to be nintendo, im sure you can find one. Hope that helps.
Thats what I did one time...It was funny because I switched the c-stick with the control stick for fun

Wesley Wicked

Smash Apprentice
heh i now this is a silly question..this is gonna be my first triweekly..(or anything of that matter)..are any age limits on players..or is it like a stricly college kind of thing? :laugh:

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Wesley Wicked said:
heh i now this is a silly question..this is gonna be my first triweekly..(or anything of that matter)..are any age limits on players..or is it like a stricly college kind of thing? :laugh:
Not at all man, anyone is welcome. As long as you don't trash our campus ('cause we're responsible for the premise during the tourney) :)

Rickety

Peace and Love
Thanks to Azn Lep and Ultra Luigi for the help! My dad has a coworker who's into videogames and takes systems and stuff apart, and he's gonna let me borrow a tri-wing screwdriver. thanks for the help! next time ill bring it to the triweekly, or play Azn Lep in Escondido!!

----

---

When:
  • June 1st, 2008
  • 9:30 AM for warm-ups and setting-up
  • 11:00 AM Tournament will start, no exceptions
  • 7:00 PM Clean up
  • 7:30 PM Tournament must end, no exceptions

Where:

• University of California: San Diego
  • Sixth College Lodge
  • 9500 Gilman Dr.
  • La Jolla CA, 92092

Schedule
  • 9:30AM Doors open for setting up
  • 10:00AM Friendlies and Sign-ups
  • 11:00AM Doubles Tournament
  • 2:15PM Doubles Finals
  • 2:30PM Singles Tournament
  • 6:30PM Singles Finals
  • 7:00PM Clean up and Friendlies
  • 7:30PM Must be out of the venue.

Tournament Rules:

Singles and Doubles:
  • Double Elimination
  • Team Attack ON
  • Items OFF
  • 7:00 Time Limit
  • 4 stock
  • All Sets are Best 2 out of 3
  • All Finals are Best 3 out of 5

Stages:

Neutrals:
  • Battlefield
  • Dreamland 64
  • Final Destination
  • Fountain of Dreams [Singles]
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
  • Brinstar
  • Corneria
  • Great Bay [Doubles]
  • Green Greens
  • Jungle Japes
  • Mushroom Kingdom II [Doubles]
  • Mute City [Singles]
  • Pokefloats
  • Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
  • Big Blue
  • Brinstar Depths
  • Flat Zone
  • Fourside
  • Icicle Mountain
  • Mushroom Kingdom I
  • Onett
  • Peaches Castle
  • Temple
  • Venom
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Yoshi's Island 64

Entry Fee and Pot Distribution:

• $5.00 - Singles Entry
  • $10.00 - Doubles Entry ($5.00 per person)
  • Singles: 1st 60% - 2nd 30% - 3rd 10%
  • Doubles 1st 60% - 2nd 30% - 3rd 10%
  • NOTE: $50.00 will be taken from the pot in order to pay for the venue fee.

• Azn Lep: (760) 580-6774

BRING SETUPS - WE WILL NEED TVS, WIIS/GAMECUBES, AND COPIES OF MELEE

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Showering and Deodorant are REQUIRED! I'm personally bringing some body spray or something. Last triweekly was just ridiculous. Hopefully I won't have to drop names and you just know who you are, please put on some deodorant.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
yeah meyoulou, we should get to together sometime, probably this weekend and smash it up. BTW how many people do you have in your crew

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
[GMC]C2 sounds good,where do you live or how far away are you guys from Escondido? Heck, we might as well get a little SD Smashfest together. It'd have to be a day other than Saturday though, Ken's Bi-Weekly.

[GMC]C2

Smash Journeyman
We are pretty far, we live in Chula Vista. It wouldn't be a problem getting there. I will talk to the rest of the guys and ask for a date.

Saturday wouldn't work either anyways for us, my brother has to work.

Rickety

Peace and Love
AzN_Lep said:
yeah meyoulou, we should get to together sometime, probably this weekend and smash it up. BTW how many people do you have in your crew
my crew consists of me, myself, and I :-P
i just play with my brother Tony, and on occasion my friends Cody and Adam. I used to play a whole bunch with my friend Karl (wicked Yoshi!), but he moved to San Francisco to go to college. He still drops by on occasion, he even made it to the Morse tournament with me! Sucks that we had to fight eachother first round, though.

but my AIM is meyoulou and my email is meyoulou@yahoo.com lets make plans. Any day except Tuesday and Thursday is good for me :]

Rickety

Peace and Love
:-p you're right, krogodiles are so awesome that all the adectives in the world cannot do it justice.

i love the sig, by the way. :] lets play some friendlies together at the next triweekly!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Ultra Luigi said:

that's right, bring a "tri" wing screwdriver guys, and then at the "tri" weekly you can get "screwdrived' by me. hahahahahaha im too good at these puns

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
EdreesesPieces said:
that's right, bring a "tri" wing screwdriver guys, and then at the "tri" weekly you can get "screwdrived' by me. hahahahahaha im too good at these puns

OMFG.... hahahahahahahahaha I surrender my tittle of "the person that leaves the lamest posts" to you.

[GMC]C2

Smash Journeyman
Woot! New Crew Names!!
Team Topgun
Ace-Marth
Iceman-Fox
Maverick-Samus
Goose(Me)-Falco/Fox

We're smashing for a bit tomorrow, if you want to stop by for a bit hit me up on AIM:Romeos New SN The place isn't too big so only one or two could go.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
rick i used to play hours a day but now i play like once a week, too busy , and when i have free time i'm playing rpgs or smash! and i got good by practicing against my little bro

Top Bottom