• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Zack353

Smash Ace
AzN_Lep said:
why do you press L after you attack?
I think it makes you invincible for 5 seconds.

I don't do it, because it is a cheat code, and I don't cheat... :ohwell:

The Krogodile

Smash Cadet
dont worry your little heads kiddies. the krogodile shall be sure to join you for the next one. or, maybe that is a reason to worry your little heads.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Pressing L afte ryou attack is called L Canceling. It shortens the lag time after attacks (air attacks) You should be using it just about all the time if you're competing in tournaments, and is key to shuffles.

Anyways, I wish I could have went to this thing, but I'll try to make the March 4 one (I should have my license by then) and be ready to kick some butt

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Wow... big words, hahaha.

Hey all, I have videos of the crew battles. I haven't given them to eddie so he can edit out the vulgar things we say to each other but if still want them and some pictures, let me know. My IM is Justpha. Tell me a good joke and promise me you don't have virus then I'll send them to you.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I edited the first post.
Changes made are the new $10 Tourney fee and the need for donations for OC2.
Please help out ^^

Yay! The cuuuutee little Krogodile is coming to teach non-reptilians how to play Smash.

Also, lets rewind history:

Zarelid said:
**** you san diegains I've been the best san diego smasher since 2004, and i hosted tournies back in the day and no one would ever come why should i host another? no one would come, you guys never come for the tournies i host you say you would or you tried but yall NEVER come.
LOL.

mightyw00ters

Smash Rookie
I'd like to thank the academy...

But seriously, I need to make some "shout-outs:"

To all the young'uns who showed and actually did well: Y'all rock! Seriously, I've never seen anyone as young as you be so good. I sense great potential in you, padawans.

AzN_LeP/Pat: Thanks for giving me advice on what stages/characters to counterpick. I really need to learn the counters for myself, though...

Edrees: Thanks a helluva lot for the advice you gave me on Peach mind games. I think my Peach improved by a great amount, due in no small part to your advice. Also, I love the new Edrees combo. I've gotta practice with that...

Caotic: Watching your Peach (and Edrees's) really helped me improve my own. So thanks for that. And you're just awesome.

Ed: The biggest surprise of the night; you were quite the powerhouse in crew matches. Too bad you weren't on my crew... Also, thanks for the rides to and from.

Squish: You are one sadistic guy. But then, I've always said that.

JustPha: That was some nice Bomb Soldier'ing. So nice that it took my team out in doubles. And some nice trash-talkin' during crew matches.

Mike, my partner in the doubles: Even though we'd never met, we still did fairly well together (even though we killed each other at least once a match). But you weren't as bad as you kept insisting. You just need to keep playing. Your Samus is already pretty good, so you should work on her.

Eddie, my first match in singles: Good Linkin'. You put me into the losers bracket after the first match, but I still say that the ending to our first round was just totally awesome. I so outlasted you with my Peach-floatiness.

The Krogodile/Kregg/Bulgeman the Meatpacker/Seppukumaru: Thanks for not showing up, and thus assuring my placement as fifth. Big help.

Everyone else: Keep coming to the tourneys. Help them grow, so we can rival Ken's bi-weeklies! (After all, does Ken have a ping pong table? Or a fooseball table? Or an air hockey table?)
:-P (which means something along the lines of "jk")

M3ca

Smash Apprentice
mightyw00ters said:
Mike, my partner in the doubles: Even though we'd never met, we still did fairly well together (even though we killed each other at least once a match). But you weren't as bad as you kept insisting. You just need to keep playing. Your Samus is already pretty good, so you should work on her.
lol thanks. i think i killed you more than you killed me. i doubt i helped in winning. good job playing 2 people while i got killed. XD

samus is easy to play since she doesn't die. i get lucky 95% of the time too. but ill take your advice and work on her. needs a LOT of work.

Thanks to Cao for hosting the tournie. made my first tournie worth remembering. :)

Zack353

Smash Ace
"Pressing L afte ryou attack is called L Canceling. It shortens the lag time after attacks (air attacks) You should be using it just about all the time if you're competing in tournaments, and is key to shuffles."

I knew that, I was just playin... :psycho:

Wow, so many Links and Peaches here in SD, I might have to bust out my waveshining skillZ on you guys at the next one, so watch out!! :chuckle:

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, just a little head up:

THERE IS A BIIIGGG PROBABILITY THAT THE NEXT TRIWEEKLY WILL BE HELD AT ANOTHER PLACE ON CAMPUS.

so it will still be at UCSD but it will be on the other side of the campus. I will let you guys know where exactly when the day soon comes.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hmm those 4 plus the 3 that everyone brought last time... that's.... 7 TV's! Wow, we'll be able to cruise through the tournement in record times. BTW we should get singles started right as TV's open from doubles. Not enough people stayed for cerws >.< Ontop of that we can have the 4 man crews too instead of just 2 big teams.

Zack353

Smash Ace
I will also bring my Magnavox 15" Flat Screen I got for my room for Christmas.

Please try not to mess it up :p

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I will, once I get the politics of it all dealt with. Just a heads up, this will end up being in part, a fundriaser for OC2, so I'll let people discuss the issue right now. :)

Basically, I'll be assuming an average of 30+ people from now on. If they all pay $10 for all the events in a single triweekly, that's $300+ we can play around with.

Being an advocate of OC2, it is only out of good that I donate some of the triweekly funds towards making OC2 happen. So having said this, I'd like to assume that these triweeklies only attract people who are not only interested in competitve Smash, but also like to compare their growth in skill to the likes of Ken, Isai, ChuDat, Husband, Wife, Chillin, Captain Jack, Aniki, Helios, Mikael and Bombsoldier etc etc here in August @ OC2.

Therefore, the condition of paying the $10 fee is that a portion of it goes towards that event.

It's up to you guys to decide how much we can donate seeing it's not my money - it's yours.

So if we assume $300 to play with, how much stays in the hands of winners, and how much goes to OC2? You decide.

If you want my personal opinion, save 2/3 for winnings/pot and 1/3 for the OC2 per triweekly. Too much? Too little? Just right?

Discuss.

PS - I got me a fine camera, so we're gonna have some sexy sexy quality matches recorded if wanted.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Nice, OC2 Banners! Me wants lol. Yeah sounds good to me. About $100 goes towards OC2 every three weeks or so, that's some good endorsement. San Diego will be doing its part :). The only drawback is some people may be a little taken back by the price. Make sure that it's clear that they have to enter BOTH doubles and singles, this way we won't have any stragglers trying to cheat their way in. With $100.00 bucks a peice for singles and doubles, it'll be pretty easy to split it nicely. Also, is there going to be a 1$ fee for crews, or are we just going to do it for fun, cause if we really have 8 TV's next time we'll have more than enough time for a competitive crew battle.

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
And / Or....

We can also sell snacks for fundraising at the TRIWEEKIES....

'cause I don't know about you guys but I would KILLLL at tournament for a bag of chips or some gatorade... But now, under the genious that is Boring Phalco, you won't have to kill for food, you can just pay for it. Maybe I'll charge $.50 or $.25 extra for each items and use it as money for OC2.

If you still want to KILL for food, you can. We will have a fight to the death for my cheetoes!

Hahahaha, Food / snacks matches anyone?? Jp. But the fundraising part is true.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
PHA I CHALLENGE U TO A SALAD MATCH. YOUR FALCO VS MY BOOZER. WHO EVER WINS SHOUTS THE OTHER SALAD OK DEAL

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Done Deal!

I make the rules!

Smash 2.0!!!!! Booozer vs. Pichu!

PS: I challenge you back Falco vs. Bowser. Loser has to piggy back winner around the school quad saying "Uncle, Master" the whole time!

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
WTF! Just because you guys know my Falco sucks you want to food match me!! Fine bring it on bioches! Except I'll hand make you the burrito if I lose.

I'll Smash 2.0 food match anyone too! BEWARE OF THE PHA COMBO!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have finally decided to learn Fox. Pha just told me what Cao means in vietnamese LOL

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Moving?

Hey San Diego, in order to avoid further confrontations with events such as the Westminster Bi-Weeklies, and the frequent tournements held up at San Bernandino, we've considered to move the Tri-Weeklies to Sunday. Ontop of that some of us miss our Saturdays :'( We understand that this could be a problem for some people, thus it's only in consideration right now. Please post if moving the Tri-Weekly from Saturday to Sunday would be problematic.

Edit: What does Cao mean in Vietnamese

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
So What Does Everybody Think About Sunday Triweeklies?

FOX.

MY NAME IS DAVID FOX.

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Not Problematic at all. It actually is better for me since I have fighting class on saturday noon. So that would be perfect.

If you can't do hw on Sunday then.... do it Saturday :) . For the love of Smash, don't procastinate.

CAO... hahahaha maybe I shouldt have told you that your name ment MewTwo.

Smash religiously! SUNDAY TRIWEEKLY got my vote!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I'm fine with Sunday as long as more smashers can make it on sunday (or an equal amount) as compared to Saturday. I think it would be best to ask the people who COULDN"T make it last saturday what they think, because I'm guessing these may the people who have to work, or something, and see if sunday helps with that cause. I am equal to both days personally, Just means I"ll study on sat days isntead of sundays.

Top Bottom