• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Nike.

Smash Hero

June 6th |San Marcos Tourney (SM) |
June 13th | |
June 20th |TGC3 (Houston) | Austin Monthly (Austin)
June 27th |WINGS5 (San Antonio) |
July 4th |Insomnia 5 (Houston) |
July 11th |For Glory 5 (Houston) |
July 18th | |
July 25th |Classic Game Fest (Austin) |
August 1st |San Japan (San Antonio, 2 day event) | LTC (DFW, 2 day event)

• There will be no WINGS in July in preparation for San Japan.
  • There will be no Los weekly on Thursday July 30th in preparation for San Japan.
  • Corpus is trying to set up a tourney in July. If they can confirm it (July 18th is my wet dream) then I'd most likely be going. Their scene needs more support from TX right now.

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
Not having a LOS weekly the week of San Japan is hustling backwards. It would be good practice in preparation.

And San Japan is the day I move :( see if I can move in early

Suspect

Smash Hero
Yeah 2 stocks is terrible. I killed myself once each round and that was the match. I was winning too lol.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Someone could remake the tio brackets if they don't want to wait for Nike to send it to Espy.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'll send it to him tonight. I'm afraid to now because his TIO can't read files from my tio. But if I send them to Cassie and she sends them to espy then it works.

Also, tio was crashing on me last weekly. I did last second seeding and out of nowhere it started crashing closing the program. I made another save file with a different name and it stopped. Wonder what was going on.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The only problem is future TIO brackets not sure if I can get cuz I don't have tiopro on this or my laptop.
I forget if AiB still has the download for it or not.

Shade.

Smash Cadet
So it'd be better if people are able to claim their results?

I'll do it all manually, I'm into organizing things

I've got a thread ready to go just as a compilation of results, without ability to claim points. Idk if one of you guys that have been around for longer wanted to be in charge of it so I can wait to post.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I came in here because I saw Razer post, assuming he was asking about amiibos.

Glad to know I am not wrong.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I mean, if anyone can send me the brackets, it takes all but literally 10 seconds to update. :applejack:
I just don't have those brackets.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
There's a weakly today right? My friend, cousin, and I will not be able to join the tourney, but are wondering if we can still show up for friendlies. I have a whole set I can bring, (Monitor, Wii U, and adapter). Will it still cost money to go?

Just wondering. :)

And sorry we haven't been able to attend these past few months. Been busy, and Thursdays have been the busiest by the evening. Summer should be different though.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I don't think venue fee applies to spectators / friendlies, but if you're bringing a set up, that'll waive the venue fee either way.

LoS2 Weekly 06 up
Twitch.tv/210smash

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Los 2-6 Results
6/11/15
29 Entrants

1: Jbandrew - Pending
2: Megafox - Pending
3: SnorlaxPie500 :4diddy::4zss:
4: Slush :4yoshi:
5: Incendiary :4mario:
5: Paw :4zss:
7: KJ :4marth::4sonic:
7: Castro :4iggy:
9: Lan :4falcon:
9: Whiteout :4dedede:
9: Speedy - :4sheik::rosalina:
9: FunCrazyFish :4wiifit::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo:
13: Babybwake :4peach:
13: Iam :4mario::4luigi:
13: KO :4kirby::4dk:
13: Azure :4ness:
17: M03
17: Ninjafish60
17: Turbo
17: Kev
17: RHD
17: LTC
17: Ruen
17: Geoberos
25: Ranime
25: Psychoward
25: Nathan
25: Atmos
25: Sunite

Videos will be uploaded to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE7brHvleoGA30EWNsHKRSw

Thanks to everyone who showed up. See ya'll next week!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I tried thinking of a PR this morning due to what happened last night. It's hard cause having to think of wins and losses for people below top 3, 5-7 definitely hard too, cause around that point (and some ranks lower too) it starts becoming a place where the mid level players starts hitting walls against certain MU's.

1. Megafox
2. Espy
3/4. Kprime/Jband
5. Santi
6/7. Slush/Paw
8. Sylveon
9. Incendiary
10. Shade/KJ?

HM: Castro/KO

Jband: He beat megafox last night finally, dethroning his reign of 1st after 4+ months and a little over 20ish tournaments after the diddy menace that used to shut him down was finally nerfed.

But a new menace has arrived that screws fox over just as hard to the point Megafox would have to completely change his playstyle to camp oriented if he wants to win against it, Luigi.
Having Megafox is a big win under his belt, but he also has some losses like against KJ Me Sylveon and Paw. The only player he consistently beats in the top 7 is Santi and me. He has a losing record against top 3 still despite the win against Megafox, but it might bump him above prime cause of it due to K Prime going to less and less tournaments.

Santi: He beats pretty much everyone underneath him but nobody above him. Not much I could think of. BL tier

Slush/Paw: Paw has a win against Espy after prolly 10+ losses, 2 wins on jband and Santi (no idea on losses) and paw and I are 2-3 in set counts. Problem for him being is he loses to people that're below him or not even considered to be on the PR.
Think this is the line where MU problems becomes a thing, he loses to sylveon everytime they play, Leaf. once, Incendiary, think Ruen or Iam once last season and KO (kirby/DK main) when they played last unless they played again recently and I didn't see.

The weight of Paw's decent wins is brought down by the heavy losses he gets from people below him due to MU issues.

For me set count against people below me is positive, people above is Paw being 2-3, santi and I 1-3 now after last night, jband and I 1-2 I believe. So pretty much losing to people above or 1 spot below me possibly, no big deal I think.
Used to go even with Megafox but den I started sucking and I'm not too familiar with WFT and Greninja since he does better with those 2 most of the time while Fox is either a stomp by him or we have extremely close games. I go even against K prime too, but Espy I get decimated by from sonic's speed suffocating Yoshi's bad options.

Incendiary 4-0, Sylveon 4-0, Shade 1-0, KJ 3-0 from what I can remember.
ZSS Diddy Sheik and Pika become problem MU's for Yoshi once I go up against them, so it becomes mindnumbing to play against and try to outwit them through their better moves strings and kill set ups.

Sylveon: He has a win against Jband, and something not even santi or Jband has post diddy patch. A win on K Prime, although he went Fox against him instead of Pikachu and once he did he took the whole tournament solidly.
I don't wanna count this win, but a win is a win, the system doesn't care if he used Pikachu or Ryu. He won against him. Sylveon beats paw sometimes but loses to Incendiary.
He has some consistent wins and some weird losses similar to Paw, so he goes above Incendiary due to Jband and Prime win.

Incendiary: He goes to the most tournaments and does really well at stuff like Austin ones. But this is SA, he loses to everyone above him except Paw and Sylveon. But because he doesn't have any wins above top 5 he's just barely scratching for 8th place.

(around this point I don't pay attention to many peoples wins or losses so sorry if it's wrong)
Shade: Haven't really checked much for him, but he almost beat K prime and took out castro once.

KJ: He beat Jbandrew and been doing decent at the tournaments since he started coming to them. After awhile he might eventually start winning against others too.

Castro: It's hard for him to go anywhere when he almost always gets knocked out in winners or losers by Paw. He's consistent in being inconsistent, one day he's winning against Sylveon or Jopan, another he loses to them or even other players like Shade.

KO: He has a win against paw and has been doing well at these tournaments, at least not last place. 13th/9th is good at these things, shows promise.

So there's what I can think, let's get a theme going for the PR as of last season stats and this season (prolly cut out LoS 1-1 through 1-5 since we just finished 2-6). Or just go pokemon for it to be easier.
If we do, edit a giant yoshi nose on Wailord for me.

Lucas patch hits in 3 days along with moar news from Sakurai before E3 even starts for Nintendo, so expect possibly another patch or just lucas and miiverse stage. Maybe even future patches or whatever Nintendo has in store for this smash direct.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I think Jbandrew secured his #3 spot after last night.
Santi also destroyed idea of being grouped together with Paw/Slush, clearly #5.
I think Sylveon at this point is in the same pool as Paw. I'm willing to bet that he's gonna be close to dead even with him in the ELO Rankings.
Incendiary is still consistent and goes even with Paw now. (Idk what there record against each other is overall).

I remember when I thought the brawl pr was difficult lol.

1. Megafox
2. Espy
3. Jbandrew
4. K Prime
5. Santi

I couldn't confidently do 6-10.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well again, Megafox win. But he loses to people below him still. K prime doesn't, and he at least has multiple wins on jband and santi and I think 1 or 2 wins on Espy.

10. Shade/KJ?

HM: Castro/KO

Shade: Haven't really checked much for him, but he almost beat K prime and took out castro once.
KJ: He beat Jbandrew and been doing decent at the tournaments since he started coming to them. After awhile he might eventually start winning against others too.
Castro: It's hard for him to go anywhere when he almost always gets knocked out in winners or losers by Paw. He's consistent in being inconsistent, one day he's winning against Sylveon or Jopan, another he loses to them or even other players like Shade.
Did KJ beat Jband? Darn I missed that. KJ has also lost to Turbo and Iam so keep that in mind.
I beat KJ, Turbo, Iam, and KO in the last weeklies I went to if that matters for anything ;) .
I haven't seen much of Shade outside that one set out of three that he beat me. Who else has he played?
I don't feel bad about the drop to Shade, I think I still outplaced him that night. I'd like to play him again to settle the score.
But yeah I did slip up at the Finals and lost to Sylveon or Jopan but I am back beating Sylveon as of Los2.
I don't think I've been knocked out by Paw too much lately save for last night, i usually meet Kprime on one side of the bracket now.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Beating Megafox in two sets in GF > the losses he's had. I think it's enough to put him above K Prime.
I've never even been to one of these tourneys, but I'm on my boy K Prime's side because he's cooler than most of top 10, and Jband is probably a huge nerd.

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
I don't even feel like I'm top ten anymore. I drop the ball so hard against our top players.. MUST IMPROVE

Shade.

Smash Cadet
I just need to be able to come more. The only person I've gone up against more than once was Paw, I'd like a rematch with everyone in the top ten.

I think Incendiary is a better player than me in general, but I most always somehow get the upper hand in friendlies and in bracket that one time. I don't get it

Jban also lost to Ninjafish60 this past Sunday. I have no idea what happened (though he did come back to win against Santi in GF), Jband can beat the single top player in SA but couldn't beat someone that usually ties 17th

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Let's see some consistency. 2 sets in one day is a start but it's only the first, but if it proves to happen time and time again then it'll be solidified.
In the end it could still be 15 wins to 2 losses for Megafox to Jband.

Top Bottom