• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Very important reminder about Comic Palooza 2015!!!!!

Comic Palooza and its $1,000 guaranteed prize pool for Smash WiiU 1vs1 tournament is exactly 7 days away (May 23rd 2015). The con has placed a cap of 128 players due to the multiple thousands of con goers that will be at the venue that weekend ready to enter the event. If you wish to be apart of the 128 smashers fighting for a piece of the 1k up for grabs, i need you to go to http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...guaranteed-pot-for-smash-4-houston-tx.388710/ and follow the instructions on buying a Comic Palooza badge. Once you buy this badge, please send me an email (was7x@hotmail.com) with a receipt of the badge purchase as well as your GAMER TAG. Doing this will GUARANTEE you a spot in the 128 man bracket and the convention.

As of 11pm on May 16 2015, these are the people i have guaranteed a spot in the 128 man bracket:

Xyro
GrimTurtle
LecherousTortoise
Uwotm8
Jazzy
Malas
ThreeDog
MrRecluse
ZenArkain
Jaz
Dskro
FullMetal
Gigs
LandCrab
QuackyDuck
Scrunks
RT
Espy
KingOfSaiyans
Flavio
Mbohne
Samboner
Krebs
GimmeMoraThat

24 of the 128 spots are taken.

If your name is not on the list and you sent me an email with your badge receipt+gamer tag, resend the email AND message me on Smashboards or on FB so that we can confirm you a spot. For the rest of you who have not signed up yet, i strongly urge you to register for this event ASAP because once i open registration for the general public (con goers), the spots will be eaten up immediately. Meaning, i am offering my smash children a special chance to get a shot at 1k prize money.

Furthermore, we need full setups. If you can bring a WiiU+TV+SSB4+Adapter this would help the event run fast. If you cant bring a full setup, please bring what you can because anything helps.

If you need more info, please message me on FB, smashboards, email me or tag me in a post and ill answer as much as i can. I hope to see you all at Comic Palooza 2015 in 7 days!!!!!!!!!

Cassio

Smash Master
Yeah this really happened

When I looked up the number it took me to a post jrugs made in a San Antonio thread with his number, lol

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
What if someone trolled Jrugs, said it was Nike's number, and it was yours.
And Jrugs would be thinking "It's just Nike giving me the Nike status, better keep calling".

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Chances are his phone was just being ******** like it always does and dropping calls/not being able to hear what the other person is saying and he kept calling in attempt to correction establish the line.

Edit: On 2nd thought, it really doesn't matter, It's hilarious either way. xD

Last edited:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
When's the next good tourney in SA? I want to go to something and Houston is garbage.

Speedevee

Smash Rookie
NNID
Speedevee
Sometimes the Thursday weeklies are better than the monthlies. San Antonio has a very good scene for smash.

Speedevee

Smash Rookie
NNID
Speedevee
Is it Monday's where people go to ultra, play smash and get drunk? That sounds fun right now

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys opposed to solo commentating? I can't handle two mics right now, but one mic will work with the stream. Anyone interested in that or wanting to try it out next Thurs?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't think there's any issues with one commentator for now. Long as we have some cause that's actually something the twitch chat wants at the very least.
Either cam or Audio from somebodies sweet voice.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I can do both cam and audio, just would need to tweet the layout. I was thinking maybe separate audio from commentating and have uploads gameplay only? Idk, it whatever people think looks/sounds best.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There's only been two tournaments, but I have the rankings updated here. Too lazy to do a table this time around. This will suffice.
Quick heads up though:

Players had starting values raised based on their final values after Season 1. Tiers were separated based on gaps within the top players.

The tiers were as follows:

S Tier: 1900 Base Value
Megafox

A Tier: 1700 Base Value
SP500
K Prime
Espy
Jbandrew
Slush

B Tier: 1600 Base Value
Paw
Castro
Incendiary
Jopan
Sylveon
Valdens
HeroMystic

Everyone else had the standard starting Value of 1500. Again, it's a short list since we've only had two events. Here you go:

LoS Weeklies ELO said:
Megafox - 1946.80
Espy - 1744.64
Slush - 1724.47
Jbandrew - 1708.49
Shade - 1647.68
Paw - 1642.43
Sylveon - 1641.87
Incendiary - 1633.38
HeroMystic - 1621.27
Iam - 1620.64
==========
Lan - 1602.89
Speedy - 1595.63
Donte - 1591.68
FewChainz - 1589.86
Ninjafish60 - 1584.05
Chimera - 1583.36
Swarley - 1582.54
LTC - 1572.22
:applejack:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hello guys/girls, its Xyro! As of 9pm on May 19, 2015, these are the people i have guaranteed a spot in the $1000 prize pot 128 man 1vs1 bracket for Smash WiiU @ Comic Palooza 2015!:

Xyro
GrimTurtle
LecherousTortoise
Uwotm8
Jazzy
Malas
ThreeDog
MrRecluse
ZenArkain
Jaz
Dskro
FullMetal
Gigs
LandCrab
QuackyDuck
Scrunks
RT
Espy
KingOfSaiyans
Flavio
Mbohne
Samboner
Krebs
GimmeMoraThat
Fliphop
Trela
Jebus
Lilnest
MegaFox
Tonatiuh
MikeHawk
JaySon
iLyrux
G-Wolf
Gamma
2GioCio
Zetaconman123

37 of the 128 spots are taken.

If your name is not on the list and you sent me an email already with your badge receipt+gamer tag, resend the email AND message me on Smashboards or on FB so that we can confirm you a spot. For the rest of you who have not signed up yet, i strongly urge you to register for this event ASAP because once i open registration for the general public (con goers), the spots will be eaten up immediately. Meaning, i am offering my smash children a special chance to get a shot at 1k prize money before anyone else.

Furthermore, we need full setups. If you can bring a WiiU+TV+SSB4+Adapter this would help the event run fast. If you cant bring a full setup, please bring what you can because anything helps.

If you need more info, please visit http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...guaranteed-pot-for-smash-4-houston-tx.388710/ or message me on FB, smashboards, email me or tag me in a post and ill answer as much as i can. I hope to see you all at Comic Palooza 2015 in 4 days!!!!!!!!!

Megamon

Smash Cadet
Are you guys opposed to solo commentating? I can't handle two mics right now, but one mic will work with the stream. Anyone interested in that or wanting to try it out next Thurs?
What would have to be done in order to get two mics? I think having just one is good, but when I'm watching matches, I usually enjoy hearing two "opinions" on things going on in the match.

Megamon

Smash Cadet
Also am planning on attending LoS this week with Marth/Pacman. Wonder who's gonna be my first win in four tournament tries? ...I know, it's pathetic. =/

Megamon

Smash Cadet
I'll try no to, though I usually go with the mindset of "I'm gonna get bodied". I know it needs to change. Hope to face you and get pointers, if a match between us ever occurs, that is.

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Sometimes the Thursday weeklies are better than the monthlies. San Antonio has a very good scene for smash.
That mostly depends if it conflicts with other city tourneys and holiday events.
Solo is fine but I always suggested having a podcast type mic to be shared between a main commentator and a sidekick.
:phone:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Los 2-2 Results
5/14/15
31 Entrants

1: Megafox - :4wiifitm: :4samus:
2: Espy - Will edit
3: Slush - :4yoshi:
4: Sylveon - :4duckhunt::4sheik:
5: Jbandrew - :4luigi::4diddy:
5: Shade - :4falcon:
7: Turbo - :4sonic:
7: Leaf - :4pikachu:
9: Iam - :4mario::4luigi::4dk::4ness::4charizard:
9: KO - :4kirby::4dk:
9: Paw - :4zss:
9: Incendiary - :4mario:
13: FewChainz - :4falcon:
13: Pain - :4sonic::4yoshi:
13: Speedy - :rosalina::4sheik:
13: Kyro - :4ness:
17: Macaroni
17: Donte
17: Ninjafish60
17: LTC
17: Hermanator
17: Geoberos
17: JDogg
17: Lan
25: Swarley
25: Travis
25: Victor
25: Sunite
25: Jared
25: Chimera
25: Coolbrz

Nike.

Smash Hero
Reminder to everyone that Los 2-3 is tonight at Otaku Cafe!
5525 Blanco Road, San Antonio, TX

6:00pm sign ups
6:30pm tourney starts

$5 Venue Fee (waived if you bring a setup)*
$5 Singles

There will be 8 tv's at the venue. The first 8 players to bring a wiiu/disc/adapter for a tv will have their venue fee waived. Players who want to take advantage of this should show up early to make sure they can claim a tv. Alternatively, if you can bring a tv with your setup then please do so! There's room for up to 14 total setups.

For those that haven't heard, there's a few slight rule changes from Season 1:
-The game timer is now 8 minutes instead of 7.
-There is also 2 stage bans instead of 1.

Hope to see everyone there tonight!

Suspect

Smash Hero
Salt level was kinda high yesterday. Not gonna say any names but it involved pikachu and a mario.

When I get a Wii u and smash 4 I'm gonna want a run back with everyone who has beat me. Too many people to list.

Also, I'm the only k prime fan.

Edit: Rebar had sooooo many white womenz last night

Last edited:

GspotJackson

Smash Rookie
NNID
GspotJackson
Suspect if I recall correctly we played yesterday (Enigma here)
The salt was real but I meant no disrespect, you were just a tough first round.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Suspect if I recall correctly we played yesterday (Enigma here)
The salt was real but I meant no disrespect, you were just a tough first round.
I think people arent comprehending what I posted correctly so let me explain.

I was NOT salty about anything yesterday. I was talking about leaf and incendiary. Leaf forfeited after losing to a Mario and I heard someone say incendiary was upset after his first lost to whoever.

GspotJackson

Smash Rookie
NNID
GspotJackson
I think people arent comprehending what I posted correctly so let me explain.

I was NOT salty about anything yesterday. I was talking about leaf and incendiary. Leaf forfeited after losing to a Mario and I heard someone say incendiary was upset after his first lost to whoever.
Ahh Okay i understand. You are correct though, that's cuz the competition was all their pretty much yesterday

Shade.

Smash Cadet
Thanks for believing in me, Suspect. You gave me the power to destroy Shade.
Those aerials were too tight! I kept accidentally using knees instead of bairs throughout the rest of the match, I'm so bad.

Can't go to the weeklies for a while, got rehearsals for seaworld. Keep a spot open for me in the bottom of the top 10 ;)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
LoS weeklies 2-1 through 2-3 need to be added to rankings eventually, as for SA rankings, think that'll be done once Nike posts results here and gives TIO file to espy.

Top Bottom