• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

CCCM89

Smash Ace
just got back and can't say i'm too impressed with the selection of games. still, I wouldn't mind going back durring a smash tounament or something and playing the xmen arcade cabinet in between matches.

Kyro Nomura

Smash Rookie
You could just come over to my place, I live like 5 min from Ultra. Hmm....actually yeah anyone who wants come over just txt me 210-537-6848 (could that be added to my roster plz).

Valdens

Smash Ace
Paw could be right about the decent amount of new players that could attend Valdens' tourney.
But I am taking a chunk of the Brawl Vets for the weekend.

I did mention that it can last til 6PM Saturday. My gatherings tend to last all night and we crash in the morning and mellow out in the afternoon. So if anyone wanted to go, they can't drink and have to sleep relatively early to make it to your place before 12. Otherwise suddenly claiming a tourney date and creating a thread within less than a week didn't give much time to work around. Would've been nice to check if SA was free for that day so that we can get a good representation of our group especially if you're getting OoC's involved.
:phone:
Was probably too ambitious to suggest out of city attenders lmao. I don't mind moving it to later in the day on Saturday or Sunday, I ultimately just want you guys/the rest of the local scene to come anyways.

I'll move the date up to probably like... 3-4PM Saturday, that should work for everyone. <3

CCCM89

Smash Ace
You could just come over to my place, I live like 5 min from Ultra. Hmm....actually yeah anyone who wants come over just txt me 210-537-6848 (could that be added to my roster plz).
damn, wish I saw this a few hours ago...

tell me, would you care to do some with friends with me and people standing around in your house?

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
I wish I had off this weekend :(. I'd be down to go after work around 9ish if everyone will still be playing by then(Friday or Saturday)

I also added everyone on the updated list. My username is "Fred"

CCCM89

Smash Ace
Kyro, I was more referring to the fact that I didn't notice you were hosting until two hours after the fact. also, I should probably stay home for a bit, since I apparently caught a virus from my family.

On the plus side, I found a way to melee with megaman that is surprisingly effective and a great approach. One that I would like to test out against some good players. anyone online?

Last edited:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
I've tried that approach and it doesn't get me in well enough. I full hop->fair->fast fall to hit with the fair from above, into a dash/grab/smash/tilt depending. it comes out pretty fast.

Last edited:

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Aside from Ganon, not too sure who else I'd "love" to main..I'd been messing w/ all those chars mentioned, but I feel really solid with ROB. Heck, even Bowser is booty.

Also, anyone else notice laggy play w/ a LOCAL connection?? Do we have to turn off our cell phones or wat

CH4LK

Smash Rookie
Aside from Ganon, not too sure who else I'd "love" to main..I'd been messing w/ all those chars mentioned, but I feel really solid with ROB. Heck, even Bowser is booty.

Also, anyone else notice laggy play w/ a LOCAL connection?? Do we have to turn off our cell phones or wat
Same, I keep messing around with characters to see who i'd like to have as secondaries and I always go back to playing ROB after a few matches. He's just 2 gud.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman

I think putting phones on airplane mode helps but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Also, no one has taken me up on playing locally tonight. I know I'm new to the scene but I promise I would be adequate practice. I will hit up any arcade in the SA/new braunfels area or someone's apt if they are cool with that. PM if you're interested.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd play SP, but I don't have a 3DS.

@Loko: Yeah, it depends on how much wireless interference is nearby, and whether or not your 3DS is in a case, but when Prime and I were playing the other day, here and there it froze for a few seconds. :applejack:

Last edited:

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, after MUCH deliberation, I think my top 3 chars are : Ganon, ZSS, ROB.

B. Jr, duckhunt, and Pacman, while they are fun and interesting to play as, don't deliver as much cohesion to my playstyle as I'd like. I had an intensive 1-v1 with a guy named Nnam online and quickly figured out that that is the trifecta of chars for me to use :3

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I'd play SP, but I don't have a 3DS.
:( someone get this man a 3DS!

I'm headed to 5946 Blanco Rd, San Antonio, TX 78216. I hope that's the right address for Ultra. If anyone goes I'll have a blue smash 3ds and will be wearing a maroon nike hoodie. I'll be checking smashboards incase someone wants to meet up.

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
Would anyone be down to meet and play in like a hour? My experience online so far has been sub par. Most likely my crappy internet. How late is Ultra open?

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
2 am I think. I'm here now and will be for a while playing smash. It's dead but I would stay til 2 if I had people to play against.

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
I can be there around 930. I'm about to get off work and I have to get my 3ds from home but I'll be there.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I can be there around 930. I'm about to get off work and I have to get my 3ds from home but I'll be there.
GGs! It's hard not dropping Pikachu after getting rekt all night. I gotta watch those SDs :/ let me know when you feel like heading over there again for more games.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
BRING BACK MY THREAD ANDREW.

Pls. q.q

Someone give me a rundown of everyone new here with one line explaining them.

Or just sort 'em by **** length and email me that.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Turbo doesn't care about me. He's living the high life at HEB, forgotten all the little people. :(

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Without trying to sound like the personals on Craigslist, whatever that means, I'll be playing smash4 at Ultra tonight from 9- until there's no one left to play against.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Reminder for tomorrow,
I should be back and set up around 6, otherwise I'd post and text the group when it's good to go.
Those familiar with my house, we'll mainly be in the play room / brother's room, but this time I'm
opening up the guest room. I have a spare LCD to set up there for those playing another console.
Otherwise if someone wants to spare a TV to use in the play room, we can fit one more in.

Once the family's out, we can move down to the den / kitchen / dining if need be. Usually at that time,
my group sets up their League session on the tables. It'd be nice to have my house open again,
my last hosted smashfest had enough room downstairs for a decent amount of set ups.
At this time, the alcohol would probably start celebrating. I bought a few for starters, but if
you feel like having your own stuff, feel free.

Foods may include ordering pizza, assembling sandwiches, and baking cookies and cupcakes.
Chips and sodas are the usual. Maybe less due to the other half of the night.

Also, since no one responded to Valdens' question about pushing back his tourney, it still stands
starting at noon. Keep in mind if you need to leave early to rest for that. Those crashing the night,
in addition to the bunk bed y'all know in the play room, the guest room has a queen bed and a
single comforter to the side for use. Couches downstairs too if need be.

Those trivial and insane enough to wake up 11:30am and not going to Valdens', Rainbow Rocks is airing.
Otherwise mellow out through brunch up to whenever, and decide from there, especially those group into
watching the League finals.

Otherwise my mobile's on the OP, so text me any questions if need be.

From those who responded, I'm expecting about 15. So it might be crowded for the first few.
Edited x2
Espy
Tofer
Maaaaaaaaaan
K Prime
Slush
Nike
Cassie

Suspect
Kyro
Ryuu
Jesse Martinez