• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

The Dread King

Smash Cadet
in all seriousness, you can add me to the OP lol. i main Duck Hunt for now. you don't have to put the Big Boss gamertag. Josh will suffice, Espy. FC is 4425-2287-2912.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
you can DI the dthrow up and it won't work, so rip that cg. Might work on heavies but even then you can only do it like 2-3 times at most.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
I'm glad I have ganon as my third. he can still chain choke, and the hitbox on his stomp seems bigger then in brawl.

that said, anyone going to valden's tourney that wants to do doubles? I need a partner.

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
you can tech ganon's side b tho, and you can't autocancel his dair.

character obviously needed these nerfs from his brawl dominance.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
you can tech ganon's side b tho, and you can't autocancel his dair.

character obviously needed these nerfs from his brawl dominance.
if you tech away from the side B, he can chain it though. or at the very least boot you off the edge of the stage...from the other edge of the stage...

Valdens

Smash Ace
Actually Slush, that's just not correct at all. If you look at this thread referencing Brawl character movespeeds (Link) you'll see that Ganon actually has the second slowest run in the entire game. I'm sorry, but that uninformed post made you look like a total noob.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Jesus, I go out of town for a week without any internet and the smash world gets itself in a frickin hurry.

I am back in San Antonio. There are things to be done.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Bought a wiiu finally, now to play the waiting game.

If anyone else is still looking for one nintendo is selling refurbished wiiu 32G for 200$ comes like new with warranty.

Can I borrow it sometime? I picked up a ps1 memory card today and figure I'll eventually use it.

never finished that game as a kid, got to the final form of the brother and lost. I remember it being really cool.

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
That game sucks

and Valdens, darren planned something already before so most people are going to that

Valdens

Smash Ace
That game sucks

and Valdens, darren planned something already before so most people are going to that
I know - his thing is on Friday. Geoberos, was the plan for it to last into Saturday? I assume people could just come directly from your overnight thing to the tournament.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Espy, got some info for you for the front page:

Phone Number: 210 324 4295
Characters: Marth, Lucina, Greninja
NID: sodaddicted
Friend Code (3ds): 2105 8969 2494

CCCM89

Smash Ace
right, I could use some help with training at this game. would anyone be willing to play a bunch of spammy ranged characters and be complete assholes? I need to learn to propperly counter these types of people.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Paw could be right about the decent amount of new players that could attend Valdens' tourney.
But I am taking a chunk of the Brawl Vets for the weekend.

I know - his thing is on Friday. Geoberos, was the plan for it to last into Saturday? I assume people could just come directly from your overnight thing to the tournament.
I did mention that it can last til 6PM Saturday. My gatherings tend to last all night and we crash in the morning and mellow out in the afternoon. So if anyone wanted to go, they can't drink and have to sleep relatively early to make it to your place before 12. Otherwise suddenly claiming a tourney date and creating a thread within less than a week didn't give much time to work around. Would've been nice to check if SA was free for that day so that we can get a good representation of our group especially if you're getting OoC's involved.
:phone:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
is anything going on tomorrow? if not, anyone want to show up at ultra arcade? I'd like to see what the place is like, and maybe play some smash 4 while I'm there.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
is anything going on tomorrow? if not, anyone want to show up at ultra arcade? I'd like to see what the place is like, and maybe play some smash 4 while I'm there.
I'm going to Ultra tomorrow night around 8:30. I'm gonna be playing Smash4 getting ready for the tourney, if there still is one. If no one is there then I'll just play For Glory all night :/

ryuujinx

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I'll swing by Ultra.

I should really be packing for my move soon, but ehh....

Oh I'll be over on Eckhert soon closer to the west side where all you people live, so I might have a apartment warming party thing sometime around Nov ~7th.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
We should play.
I've already added your friend code. you should add mine and/or meet me at ultra in 17 minutes. we can practice and train, and I can both learn to counter range spammers with pac-man or show off the surprising recovery I've managed to do with Little Mac. Knocked off-screen and still able to make it back on stage with him.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Espy, got some info for you for the front page:

Phone Number: 210 324 4295
Characters: Marth, Lucina, Greninja
NID: sodaddicted
Friend Code (3ds): 2105 8969 2494
no matter how many different versions of marth you main, you're gonna lose

Top Bottom