• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Nike.

Smash Hero
Los 1-6 Results
29 Entrants

1: Megafox :4fox:
2: SnorlaxPie500 :4diddy:
3: Jopan :rosalina::4sheik:
4: Incendiary :4mario:
5: Sylveon :4ganondorf::4rob:
5: Valdens :4luigi:
7: Castro :4iggy::4peach:
7: Mindless :4fox::4falcon:
9: Whiteout :4dedede:
9: Basegod :4diddy:
9: Kyro :4ness:
9: HeroMystic :4mario:
13: Lan :4falcon:
13: KoN :4diddy:
13: ruen :4peach:
13: Azure
17: Haijynx
17: Metal Slug
17: Psychoward
17: Captain Ledwig
17: Volume
17: Crashman
17: Winds
17: Jaredgcom
25: Gtimes
25: Scelence Dredd
25: Bishop
25: Kingz
25: inTOXIC

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hey, guys! Xyro here. #TGC is just 8 days away! Are you excited? You should be because if the facebook event page is any indication of turnout, we may have 200 or more people sign up for smash WiiU. This means that TGC will have many new people attend Texas largest SmashWiiU tournament series. New people that many not know how I run events or how to help make this event the best event it can be. So let me take a moment and tell you a few things that will help me help you get the most out of TGC on Feb 28th.

1. Bring a full setup (WiiU/Smash4/TV). The more setups we have at TGC, the more matches we all can play and the faster the event will be completed. If you cannot bring a full setup, I request that you please bring any equipment that you can because anything will help. For the first 10 people that bring a full setup, you will get half your venue fee back. Anyone else that brings a full setup after the 10 will get a free drink. LOL if someone bring two full setups, ill buy you lunch.

2. Be punctual. Though none of you have to be at the venue by 9am like I do (however if you wanna be there at 9am you can) I do request that you be there by 10am. I say 10am because registration lines will be very long and you will need that time to register/hook up WiiU&TV/practice because on the tournament starts, there will be no more friendlies/money matches/registration.

2a. If you would like to make registration go faster, here are ways to help out. Show up to the venue early as possible. Furthermore, please already know which events you would like to enter when you walk up to me. Also, if you plan on doing 2vs2 smash, please stand in the registration line with your partner so yall can sign up together. One final thing, if possible, please pay with $1 or 5$ bills and have your money out and ready to be handed over when signing up for events. I take all forms of paper money but I prefer $1 and $5 bills so that I will not have to make change and I can pay the players out faster at the end of the night.

3. Due to the possibility of very high attendance, I have removed the 128 man cap. Having said that, I will be implementing a strict policy when it comes to disqualifications. When I call your name to go play a match, you have 5min to report to the TV that I have sent you to. If you do not show up to the TV within 5 min, you will be disqualified and sent to loser bracket. I know this may sound harsh but I need people to pay attention to my voice and I need this huge event to finish by 12am.

4. For more information on events, fees, rules, housing, times and anything TGC related, please go to the SmashBoards thread http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...-200-pot-bonus-for-smash-4-houston-tx.384812/ or the Facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/1033314033352371/

Lan.

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

Going to have a smash fest at my place tonight around 6. 2 setups confirmed.

Live right down the road from Otaku Cafe. Space is limited so RSVP early and I'll send you the address.. We'll either order pizza or make a food run later in the night. Text me at 817-504-1194 for address or more info.

Hyperbolic time chamber training for tomorrow!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Nike, posting the new info in the SA thread and SA group is nice and all.

But you really need to update the OP to SAM2 and the Facebook group of SAM 2 as well with the info you posted last page. Just mostly bringing it up in case some people think it's still Ooples at 12 Pm.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I'll probably head out in 15mins so I'll be there around 10:15. I'll be bringing my recording equips but won't be bringing my set up since my brothers are still using it and cause family sharing. Also had a scare with an unreadable Smash disc but had the loader dust blown and disc cleaned and works for now, but won't risk it not loading mid tourney. If no one's there, I'll probably just see if I can keep the Otaku Cafe crew set up or something.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could go to TGC :/ btw, I want to help SA get to the next level and create more upsets in bracket.I feel like the city is in a great position because of character diversity and players having their main carry over with buffs. It can really catch other players off guard when they run into a character they haven't faced before at that level. I know with a lot of you I have shown specific Diddy tactics and ways to get around things. I'm always open to help, even if it means helping you beat me. I'm always open to answer any questions I know the answer to and help players improve so don't be afraid to approach me and ask for advice.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
For the people going to TGC, what is your plan? I want to go, but I need to figure something out soon.
I'm definitely going. I'll be leaving Friday Night and getting a hotel near the venue. Haven't worked out all the details yet.

Also, I won't be at the weekly this Thursday, since it's my Dad's birthday and I'm gonna spend time with him.

TehLamp

Smash Cadet
NNID
TehLamp
I wish I could go to TGC :/ btw, I want to help SA get to the next level and create more upsets in bracket.I feel like the city is in a great position because of character diversity and players having their main carry over with buffs. It can really catch other players off guard when they run into a character they haven't faced before at that level. I know with a lot of you I have shown specific Diddy tactics and ways to get around things. I'm always open to help, even if it means helping you beat me. I'm always open to answer any questions I know the answer to and help players improve so don't be afraid to approach me and ask for advice.
You da real mvp Santi.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I came back last night to the Japanese Yoshi's finding a ton of **** for Yoshi.
Well, mostly an easier way to jab cancel and setups into it, was gonna spend this week training Cstick to attack for wavebounced egglays perfect pivots and get me out of the spam smashes for damage mentality anyways.

I going in a bit more harder than usual fer smash this time for TGC1 since I go into all these weeklies and tournaments so far not playing smash at all, Hyrule warriors tho.

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't able to watch much of the stream, but I did catch the espy denti match, hah. Wish I could have been there for that. KO punch to come back against diddy, and winning in the last second against him after the cheese he pulled in duck hunt must have felt good.

Last edited:

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
How do I beat santi

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I wanna come to your weekly tournaments. Could anyone help me with that if I megabus/greyhound to san an?

Top Bottom