• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Where're the LOS5 videos?
Santi sent me his 3hr long video. I'm trying to keep the quality so my method of splitting the videos will take longer than conventional methods. Also I couldn't work on it at all during my work week, but I'm finally on my weekend so I'll be working on it.

I will not be going to LoS6 so that I can go to SAM2. Same deal due to work, I will only be there til dinner time, but Santi is usually the one recording the final matches anyways.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Announcment time.

SAM 2 will be at Otaku Cafe this Saturday. Not at Ooples. This is a major upgrade on venues, good news.

Address: 5525 Blanco Rd Suite 108 & 109 San Antonio, Texas

There will be slight changes towards the schedule:

Doors open: 10:00am
Doubles: 12:30pm
Singles: 2:30pm

Ruleset still the same as SAM1 and Los Weeklies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
There IS slightly bad news. SAM2 will be happening on the bottom half of the venue, as opposed to the top half (or the whole store). We will have slightly more room and I believe the table arrangement will be different than LOS 1-4.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Whoa, 10 AM? Looks like I can't do a late night Persona Q run.

Also if we're expecting to have 80+ entrants, wouldn't the bottom half be... uh, dangerous to the merchandise? It was already kind of a crowd with just 25 people. Imagine double if not triple that.

Nike.

Smash Hero
There moving some of the shelves (the ones closer to the wall we'll be on). But yea, don't be stupid and break or knock things over, people.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Hey guys. Me, NK, Trela, and possibly one more person are from houston looking for housing for SAM this weekend. Anybody available?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
A bit late, but I finally got Santi's half of the recording from LoS5 uploaded and arranged accordingly into the playlist.
Ey, @ SnorlaxPie500 SnorlaxPie500 if you're recording LoS6 tonight, lemme know if you're going to stream and/or need me to split your single segment recording. Also if you've been messing with the updated thumbnail template I email'd ya.

Edit:
Got bored and did a video statistics of appearances of players and characters from LoS3 til LoS5.
Alphabetical:
Aden 1
Azure 2
Castro 4
Chewy 2
Enigma 3
Espy 14
FunCrazyFish 4
Geoberos 1
Haijynx 1
HeroMystic 4
Incendiary 6
Jaredgcom 1
JNasty 1
Jopan 1
K Prime 16
Kyro 1
Lamp 1
Lan 1
Louis 2
Megafox 9
Mondy 1
Paw 8
RatHerder 1
Santi 8
Slush 9
Sylveon 2
Twig 1
Valdens 5

Bowser Jr. 4
C. Falcon 2
Diddy Kong 15
Doc 1
DK 2
Falco 1
Fox 7
G&W 1
Ganon 3
Greninja 1
Jigglypuff 2
King Dedede 1
Link 1
Little Mac 6
Lucario 1
Luigi 7
Mario 10
MK 1
Ness 5
Pac-Man 3
Palutena 1
Pikachu 16
Pit 1
ROB 1
Rosalina 5
Sheik 1
Shulk 1
Sonic 13
WFT 4
Yoshi 9
ZSS 8

Numerical:
K Prime 16
Espy 14
Megafox 9
Slush 9
Paw 8
Santi 8
Incendiary 6
Valdens 5
Castro 4
FunCrazyFish 4
HeroMystic 4
Enigma 3
Azure 2
Chewy 2
Louis 2
Sylveon 2
Aden 1
Geoberos 1
Haijynx 1
Jaredgcom 1
JNasty 1
Jopan 1
Kyro 1
Lamp 1
Lan 1
Mondy 1
RatHerder 1
Twig 1

Pikachu 16
Diddy Kong 15
Sonic 13
Mario 10
Yoshi 9
ZSS 8
Fox 7
Luigi 7
Little Mac 6
Ness 5
Rosalina 5
Bowser Jr. 4
WFT 4
Ganon 3
Pac-Man 3
C. Falcon 2
DK 2
Jigglypuff 2
Doc 1
Falco 1
G&W 1
Greninja 1
King Dedede 1
Link 1
Lucario 1
MK 1
Palutena 1
Pit 1
ROB 1
Sheik 1
Shulk 1
K Prime is one popular camera-hogging mo'f at a whopping 16 appearances and him being SA's sole rep of Pikachu for the same amount of apparences.

Last edited:

Volumed

Smash Rookie
NNID
VolumedAF
Aye what's up guys, I'm gonna be participating at tonight's weekly for the first time. Hope to have good matches with everyone!

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
A bit late, but I finally got Santi's half of the recording from LoS5 uploaded and arranged accordingly into the playlist.
Ey, @ SnorlaxPie500 SnorlaxPie500 if you're recording LoS6 tonight, lemme know if you're going to stream and/or need me to split your single segment recording. Also if you've been messing with the updated thumbnail template I email'd ya.
I can upload them. I just had a swamped weekend and start to the week. Thank you for your help!

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
If not, perhaps we can have someone bring it along with Syncs carpool.
I'm not going unfortunately it's way too crazy at work this weekend and I need to be there. Big group of nuns checking in over the weekend.

What time is Sync leaving tomorrow? I might be able to leave it with you guys if I go after work.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I think he might be leaving Saturday morning. Definitely bring it over when you can. We will probably have the best chance of returning it to him ASAP.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I'd honestly recommend any competitive player to just scroll through the tips section for 10-20 minutes and read everything. You'd be surprised at the things you can learn.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
9th place (again). Lost to Castro on stream then Jopan knocked me out (again). Incendiary got 4th place.

Worst part is I have no idea what I'm doing wrong at this point.

Top Bottom