• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
Oh I must've left before funcrazyfish took charge. Well thanks man! From what I could tell on the stream everything ran okay. Doubles melee was cool to watch too.

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
When I first saw Castro on Saturday, I told him how bad that AMP energy drink was. AMP = 666 in some obscure biblical way. DONT DRINK IT.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Crazy fish had to fill in this past weekend after a certain point. We appreciate it btw hmu whenever you wanna come over
I am so ****ing pissed this happened. First Brandon Ditches and then Inevitably Kyle Ditched and Ward and FCF had to take over completely.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Also, this Thursday will be the first League of Shadows Weekly. It will be at Ooples. No venue fee. As far as entry fee and distribution, how does everyone feel about this:
  • $5 Entry fee
  • 50% goes towards pot
  • 50% towards the last weekly of season
  • Payout to top4.
When we discussed this in the past, alot of people disagreed with the small payouts from 30% for pot, $3 entry fee, and venue fees. I feel like this compromises with that better, but I won't make if official if everyone disagrees with it. Thoughts?

Nike.

Smash Hero
No, These will be starting at 6:30pm. Assuming things go right most of these should finish by no later then 10:00 (unless people stay for friendlies afterwards).

Yay I live close to ooples I should make this despite being old

anyone wanna go to Austins monthly on the 24?
Duncan trussel also performing in Austin on the 23rd.

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Oh. Ooples weeklies. Longer drive than Valdens, but maybe manageable drive compared to UA. May attend bi-weekly.
:phone:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Anyone think they might get there earlier for friendlies? Like in the 2-3pm time frame? As the actual tourney is going to start to lat for me to bother to enter. :L

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
Anyone think they might get there earlier for friendlies? Like in the 2-3pm time frame? As the actual tourney is going to start to lat for me to bother to enter. :L
Yea If I end up going I'd be down. Depends though.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
No, These will be starting at 6:30pm. Assuming things go right most of these should finish by no later then 10:00 (unless people stay for friendlies afterwards).
I'm the oddball who has the crappy schedule with Thursday off (I have to request Saturday off for any monthlies), so I can make this. I suspect since it's a weekday we'll have way less entrants and way less set-ups. Sucks that Ooples is so crowded ever since that storm.

Also I believe your distribution will work, given that the pot is large enough. How many entrants is expected to come?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Last night I got about 6-7 new players to go to the tourney. I think we'll get into the high twenties, maybe 32. It's setups I'm worried about though.

TehLamp

Smash Cadet
NNID
TehLamp
Last night I got about 6-7 new players to go to the tourney. I think we'll get into the high twenties, maybe 32. It's setups I'm worried about though.
I wish I could go! If they're always on Thursdays I don't think I'll be able to make any. Well time to go quit my job :047:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow. 20-30 sounds promising. I was expecting around 10-15 and was going mostly for the friendlies/practice.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I really want to hit the lab/library this weekend. I have some work to get done Monday afternoon, but I'll basically be free Friday after 4.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
It's a weekly so it's intended to be fairly small scale and no obligation to absolutely attend it. Therefore there are no threads for it and is only simply mentioned in the second post of this thread as well as a simple reminder in the FB group.

Top Bottom