• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Nike's planning to bring a set up and maybe one more. This could be a small smashfest if those are interested in getting a quick practice in before tomorrow. Smash before smashed, then they will Smash while smashed. Also one plan is everyone pitching in $5 or less and buying as many nuggs as we can for dinner. Some said no McD so I'm thinking Chick-Fil-A.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Nike's planning to bring a set up and maybe one more. This could be a small smashfest if those are interested in getting a quick practice in before tomorrow. Smash before smashed, then they will Smash while smashed. Also one plan is everyone pitching in $5 or less and buying as many nuggs as we can for dinner. Some said no McD so I'm thinking Chick-Fil-A.
For some reason I read that as Church's and was about to go in hot for that mac n cheese.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Should I bring a tv?
If it's not that much a hassle maybe, thanks. Though I do have two TVs downstairs and Nike's TV. Since I haven't heard much from those outside our usual group, we 'might' not need as many set ups.
For some reason I read that as Church's and was about to go in hot for that mac n cheese.
Mmm Mac n Cheese. I have like 4 boxes of different Mac and Cheeses from Kraft to Goldfish. I should cook some.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I can bring my wii if you're on this side of town
I usually tell others that I live on the Sea World side of town with Espy as my closest Smasher. If I can remember correctly you live around Potranco and 151? You can say that sure I should be on your side of town if so. Just head down Potranco and make a right onto 1604 (North) and take a U-Turn.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
What time is this gathering taking place? I'd like to go
Technically now, but everyone else is showering, getting ready, and getting off work.
I know it wasn't a pun, but I couldn't help but laugh still.
Be sure to teach your car using TM89 and have a spare car in your party before using. It's a surefire way to get into an automobile accident and retreat your first car.

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
How late do your smashfests go geoberos? I probably can't make it out there until after 9, and you're pretty far from me.

I'm not much of a drinker, but I like the idea of others getting smashed cause I then might actually have a chance in winning (probably not anyways). (:

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
How late do your smashfests go geoberos? I probably can't make it out there until after 9, and you're pretty far from me.

I'm not much of a drinker, but I like the idea of others getting smashed cause I then might actually have a chance in winning (probably not anyways). (:

I actually become more powerful when drinking and smashing. That's usually the only time I practice lol.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
k so while the fault of my brother not checking UA site for who knows how long (apparently when Smash 4 came out last time he checked, times during weekends was open at 12 and stay open till 2 am at the time) but for right now was 2 PM when it opens.

But if the tournament starts at 2 PM if I'm correct... and the sign on the door says be back at 3...
y have a tournament in the first place?

Even if they do come/open at 2 on the dot and start sign ups right away, that's really horrible and would take at least a good 40 or so minutes to set up tvs wii u's and such, not counting the setups not there at the venue yet.

Edit: facebook apparently says they're open but brother is calling em and they not answering after 4 calls lol. I'm not going anymore either way, but UA being this bad is kinda funny.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
k so while the fault of my brother not checking UA site for who knows how long (apparently when Smash 4 came out last time he checked, times during weekends was open at 12 and stay open till 2 am at the time) but for right now was 2 PM when it opens.

But if the tournament starts at 2 PM if I'm correct... and the sign on the door says be back at 3...
y have a tournament in the first place?

Even if they do come/open at 2 on the dot and start sign ups right away, that's really horrible and would take at least a good 40 or so minutes to set up tvs wii u's and such, not counting the setups not there at the venue yet.

Edit: facebook apparently says they're open but brother is calling em and they not answering after 4 calls lol. I'm not going anymore either way, but UA being this bad is kinda funny.
Sign-ups didn't happen until 3, and they were still setting up until well after 4 PM, and then they set up the brackets. UA was pretty disorganized. The tourney was fun as always, but the setups were pretty bad. Smash 4 Doubles got cancelled because there were 72 entrants for singles with no pools, and Melee was running at the same time so there were players who signed up for both Melee and Smash 4 and delayed the match, so singles ended around 11PM. There were also only seven set-ups for Smash 4.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Honestly, it looked like Melee was the main attraction (there were easily 14 or so set-ups, -with- a TV for streaming), and Smash 4 was tacked on because it's popular.

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
tournament was good, lots of people. Laredo kids on the block showin up as well as the austinians. Was a good turnout overall. I had to leave early :/ (but by then i was knocked out of the brackets) and last I saw was melee doubles at 10. LOL

CCCM89

Smash Ace
anyone here halfway decent with kirby and/or wario? I'm doing pretty good with kirby, but I'd like to learn a bit more about wario, namely some good approach options. anyone here decent with them/play against someone decent with them?

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Wario doesnt have great approach options. Probably the safest approach is to bike towards opponent, and jump off before you get there. This uses bike as a projectile, and you can react based on their response.

I think he is best played defensively. Go for bait and punishes. He has the tools to play aggressive, but the longer the match goes the more wafts you will get. Watch the clock, and every minute you have a half waft that easily kills at +80%. Or use a full waft around 2 minutes for kills in the +30%s.

Chomp is insanely good, maybe even the best move in the game. Its great for edge guarding, I could show you sometime. Reversing it is very helpful too.

I like full hop fairs, while moving away from opponent. Attacking right on jump gives a long lasting hitbox that is hard to approach.

Short hopped fast fall nairs combos well into uair.

Kill moves are ftilt, usmash, bair, fsmash on a good read, and of course waft. Dair has decent knock back to lead to off stage harassment, but not really a kill move.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Funcrazyfish had to fill in for UA?
I wouldn't call yourself a TO, think it was more of UA just being absolutely horrid and you being unlucky enough to be chosen to take over.

Top Bottom