• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Btw I'll add the new players to the OP later tonight. :applejack:
I probably made as much money at work as I would've at the tournament.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Maybe once I finally get a job and drivers license I can start participating in the Smash 4 tourneys more often instead of just going for friendlies lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I
played like crap and got robbed.
I honestly didn't care at first from that game 2, I found it hilarious it happened to me and laughed with everyone else and thought I did ok I guess despite doing that stupid thing game 3 tossing my chance to win away in an instant.
But apparently it did effect me enough to SD and ruin my chances of winning.

I can be a ****** and say a multitude of johns like
>3 hours sleep
>nike got me sick so reason I got only 3 hours sleep
>no adapter to practice
but I'm already an idiot either wai and those don't help my case.

I'm bad at this game and knew I waz, I think my skill honestly stagnated after woodlawn 1 after the whole "HOLY **** HE GOT HIS GED, HE'S EXITING THE HYBOLIC TIME CHAMBER LIKE TRUNKS" but haven't done too well since I beat paw and nike that time, and smash 4 wise I just think everyone else will improve while I stay the same.

Either way, I feel lethargic. Waz starving from not eating all day along with tired but then after all that it kinda just disappeared. Tried sleeping past 4 hours since I got back and cudn't, again just me doing dumb things and throwing chances to win away.
Srry for being a stick in the mud mostly to castro and paw.

Maybe I should cave in to the scalpers and buy a adapter alrdy, I'll try one or two more weeklies and if I don't improve den maybe just help nike with the tournaments, maybe even toss my money to a few streaming stuph.

Congrats to HeroMystic for mod

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
No more down b slush U HAD PAW. And as for me? I just need to stop being bad. We will improve somehow

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
What's even worse about that down b is I made a post to the yoshi boards a couple days ago telling them not to do exactly that and I turn around and do it.
Ironic.

I think I just let my nerves get to me and I did it preemptively and I prayed he wouldn't shield, and if he did that it'd break cause he held it a second long enough for that to happen (doesn't break shields when full)
But neither happened so I lost cuz of a bad mistake.

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
Oh ma gawd...if I WOULDVE known this would be ranked and stuff I wouldn't have messed around in my matches!!! Bruh...
Shoutouts to @ Geoberos Geoberos for the fun match up thooo haha

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
Lol people and their excuses. I don't even have the game or really keep up with it. I still dont know half the casts movesets. Just play and get over your loss. Learn to have fun.

What's even worse about that down b is I made a post to the yoshi boards a couple days ago telling them not to do exactly that and I turn around and do it.
Ironic.

I think I just let my nerves get to me and I did it preemptively and I prayed he wouldn't shield, and if he did that it'd break cause he held it a second long enough for that to happen (doesn't break shields when full)
You and paw were neck and neck in what was set of the year. Paw has been grinding hard and has the kill moves and reactions to punish bad mistake like that tho (and also to steal games at 30%) . Despite that you still almost won that set. Clutch mistakes man they can f$ck you.
You lost to two tryhards who have been putting a lot into this game so I don't think you should be too down, we were coming with high intensity. Plus I got to play uninterrupted with Santi for an hour and a half when we got there so I was definitely peaking. My brain was so wound up that I couldn't fall asleep afterwards (I'm not going to work today hahaha what a great way to start after my first work day tourny).
Anyway I had a lot of fun with everyone I played, definitely a fun tourny. Taking mega fox to skyloft was pretty fun too. OK back to sleep

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I
I can be a ****** and say a multitude of johns like
>3 hours sleep
>nike got me sick so reason I got only 3 hours sleep
>no adapter to practice
but I'm already an idiot either wai and those don't help my case.
Sounds like you weren't practicing by playing HW. I spent all of Wednesday and half of yesterday playing HW. It's how I got 9th instead of 25th. It was a good day cause I was finally able to get Summoning Gate, Tier 3 Gauntlets, Deku Stick, Shackle, Naginata, and Scale.
Oh ma gawd...if I WOULDVE known this would be ranked and stuff I wouldn't have messed around in my matches!!! Bruh...
Shoutouts to @ Geoberos Geoberos for the fun match up thooo haha
Damn I didn't know this be ranked. At least Espy said it'll be fairly separate from the SAPR, but the weeklies are a chance for the small guys like me to prove myself among similar skill levels. Rather in comparison to monthlies including OoS killers.
Ha hey man I really hope you didn't mean messing around in our matches, cause that was fun dope as hell. Shenanigans + Diddy tho :x

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
In all honesty no, wasn't playing HW seriously.
Just been getting 9 or so characters to 120 which takes about 5 or 6 times, so only devoted maybe 8 hours of HW instead of usual 18+ in one day

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Lulz Slush. :143: You won game 1 decisively and had a stock lead in game 2 then lost to a clutch combo. Paw has done that several times in tourney to take a win so don't get too down. Game 3 was also super close last stock last hit. Castro took me to last game last hit when we played our last set. You just lost to two really good players. Your game will improve as the weeklies progress so don't think your game has flatlined and all hope is lost.

^ correct. It was just a mistake and I'm sure you've learned from it. Don't get too discouraged.

These 151 boyz have been putting in major time. I know for a fact they have put in several all nighters in the library as well as 15+ hours in the lab with Snorlax.

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
I will be (attempting) to host a pickup tournament this weekend either Sunday or Monday (mlk day) depending on who can go when. It'll be multiple events so it would prob be all day. I'd just like to know who if anybody can make it and on which day. I'm trying to be as flexible as possible toward other peoples schedules

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
Edit- it's been decided Monday "black people day" will most likely be when this goes down. It will prob start early as to avoid cutting into peoples work schedules. The main thing is setups. So far were at 2 wii u setups and 4 melee setups, but we need more!!!
If you can supply one the "event fees" will be refunded. Each event will be 1$ entry just to make things a little interesting for the winner(s)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Both prime and I gotta scrounge up in the trash for the mayflash adapters.
Or if I get lucky with regular nintendo brand. Honestly I think by the next weekly I'll have an adapter.

Valdens

Smash Ace
My Mayflash adapter just arrived - works great!

Slush, don't be sad.

Anyone want to play tonight or this weekend? Need to grind on MY NEW MAIN. Test me at 509-844-6977 and come over!

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
San Antonio has never had many players of top characters from my small experience.

Unless Marth is a top character. Then everyone plays Marth. Because San Antonio is in Texas. If you live in Texas you play Marth, even if you don't play Marth you still play Marth. #Marthcountry

Last edited:
Top Bottom