• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I think the speed itself will be toned down. However, this could also have a big advantage. When toning down the speed even for a bit, you'll decrease the chances of lag during online play.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Voodoo Daddy said:
But everyone and their mom plays Sheik and Falco. Seriously it's horrible.
Amen.

(Though I'm something of a Marth player, and people play him almost as much it seems.)

EDIT: Sorry, I assumed someone would have posted after this one before now... otherwise I would have added the following post to this one.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Although on just a small few minor things I disagree with McFox, and he tends to act a bit too coarsely for my taste, I DEFINITELY agree that SSBMA would suck balls! (...and not in the good way)

Please Sakurai, give us a brand spankin' new game in which we'll have [at least] weeks of joy just in learning the basic movesets for every character!

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, thanks for taking the effort to translate, Panda--that's mighty cool of you.

However, after the trailer, I was really excited, and now...I'm a little wary...

Sakurai seems a bit...un-determined...or something. I don't know.
He's not concentrating on what he CAN do, but what he CAN'T do, and that kind of concerns me.

They're dropping characters, making the combat SIMPLER, AND slowing it down?
[Slowing it down a bit, if it decreases lag, then I suppose I'm all for that]
That...just doesn't sound right to me. Melee was an AMAZING sequel, and now that they have all of this support behind them, they're just gonna piddle out the 3rd?
If they're going to strip everything down, they may as well use the new controller, too.
I thought they're using the old controller because this is a 'hardcore' game.

Obviously, the game is a WAYS off, so here's hoping that Sakurai stops worrying about his limits and concentrates on how to make things BETTER.
This is my favorite game series, and I'm gonna be real peeved if this sequel doesn't trounce Melee in every way.
Characters taken out, speed slowed, simpler combat, and a bareboned online system?
I understand their limitation, but this is sounding more like a step BACK than one forward, and I don't like it one bit.
Nintendo HAS to know how much is riding on this game, so why are they all concerned with how minimal they have to be?

Well, the is at LEAST a year more in production, and Sakurai seems to know fully well the fanbase he has to please, so I'm gonna be patient, cross my fingers, and pray he doesn't let me down.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
dont jump the gun,pal. just wait till some more demos are out. then we shall see. and remember. SSB was different than SSBM and SSBB will be different too. so just wait it out.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
My honest opinion about all of this lies in the ambiguity of Sakurai's statements. The "moderation" of the speed accompanied the comments about improving the aerial game. Therefore, I believe that the only change to speed will be done due to the new element of "even better air combat." And I'm nearly positive that this interpretation is more correct.

In terms of the easiness of the game, I sincerely believe that Sakurai will make more advanced techniques like wavedashing into REAL techniques i.e. refined functionality and introduced to the player via tutorial rather than via "glitch," therefore making the game "easier." I honestly believe that people are worrying for nothing, and the simple ambiguity of Sakurai's statements leads to our typical pessimistic rambilings.

By the way, there is a new update. Give me a little bit to put up a translation.

EDIT: And its done ^_^

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
Maybe "moderating the speed" means that the game will include an option for the player to set the speed that it runs at like in the earlier Street Fighter games.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
About that comment when Sakurai said he wouldn't be excited if there were only popular characters. That really brings up LOTS of more characters to choose from. Maybe we'll be seeing some faces we wouldn't expect. (Kind of obvious right?)

But Sakurai saying that himself really makes me glad that he noticed the demand for some other characters other than the stars of the game.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Marshigio said:
About that comment when Sakurai said he wouldn't be excited if there were only popular characters. That really brings up LOTS of more characters to choose from. Maybe we'll be seeing some faces we wouldn't expect. (Kind of obvious right?).
Actually Sakurai was just talking about the suggestions, not the game itself. Suggestions for only the most popular characters don't excite him, which is obvious because he expects to get a bulk of letters asking for Sonic, Megaman, and Toad.

That's why he posted the stuff about Link's uncle and crap.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That's awesome. Like I said before, this thread is just as good as having the site in English anyway.

I love the internet. :p

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
You do amazing work, Spanda. I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Why aren't more people repping him? Hop to it!

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
Well I'd like to see Megaman in there >C

Also, what Link's uncle crap what?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it is SO HARD TO TELL what is NEW INFORMATION. please label off dates for when you put new info on this from now on, as its pretty unclear.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Gimpyfish62 said:
it is SO HARD TO TELL what is NEW INFORMATION. please label off dates for when you put new info on this from now on, as its pretty unclear.
Well, I just put up a new update. And I reformatted it a bit so I label the newest updates. Is it easer now, or do you want the dates AND the message numbers for each update?

And I just want you all to know that this is all thanks to the great community and staff here at Smash World Forums. You guys rock ^_^

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
**#241-250: This was a rather odd statement by Sakurai. If I'm not mistaken, then I believe he said that this time, only Metaknight will have a Rock [read: Rock as in type of music] version of Kirby's Dance song.
o_O Anybody got a clue of what this is all about?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, this is Kirby's victory dance song. I assume that means that when Metaknight wins, a Rockish version of this song will play, instead of Kirby's standard theme.

Squatdog7

Smash Apprentice
I see his point about the survival knife. Swords are viewed in a more fantasy light (even though they are still dangerous weapons) while a survival knife brings to mind real world solders and slitting throats.

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Hrmm.

I'm worred we shall find nothing more out until 2007.

Too... long... of... a... wait...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i mean that you should (for hte next update)

just put like this

6/7

#xxx

then show the info that you have

then for the next one just add

6/8

then the info

or something like that, its not that hard to do, still you get a HUGE HUGE thanks from everyone at SWF, this info is amazing.

D1

Banned via Administration
Stop complaining Gimpy I easily found what was new w/o any problems...you just have problems cuz you can't see. I mean c'mon his main is Bowser isn't it?

>_>

Point proven.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
D1 said:
Stop complaining Gimpy I easily found what was new w/o any problems...you just have problems cuz you can't see. I mean c'mon his main is Bowser isn't it?

>_>

Point proven.
omg its decadent one >_>

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
SamuraiPanda said:
And I just want you all to know that this is all thanks to the great community and staff here at Smash World Forums. You guys rock ^_^
Awww Im touched(no really)
Thaanks for the updates, yet it seems strange that you updaated on 6/6/06 but thats just me.

Also the site might not get updated for a while, but I assum that we'll get screenshots and what not. Theres also the Tokyo Game Show and the suposed Space World. Not only that, but if there are 10 new characters then we'll get updates 10 weeks before its launch. I alsso assum we'll get thiss game in the first half of 2007(If not, close to it). I might have to find out how long Melee was in production.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Just in case anybody noticed, I trimmed down some of my original posts, cause I thought they were just way too long.

And I'm fairly sure that a new screenshot was added recently. But by "new," I mean new to the official site, not anything we haven't seen before. All I know is that I distinctly remember 2 blank boxes after the screenshots on the official site, and now that has turned into 1.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
About #241-250, in my opinion, it could be interpreted in several ways:

1. Only MetaKnight will get a rock version overall, meaning, every other character will get theirs orchestrated.
This however makes it difficult for characters with only rock songs as possible themes.

2. There are more Kirby characters implemented ZOMG!
This is hinted by the word "only". Or, it's a mistranslation, which can occur, but if you look at the sentence, "only" only makes sense with more than two things.

3. Meta Knight is the only character from the same game who gets his "own" (version of the) theme.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
GaryCXJk said:
Or, it's a mistranslation, which can occur, but if you look at the sentence, "only" only makes sense with more than two things.
Nope, Sakurai definitely said "Metaknight dake" where dake = only. So its not a mistranslation ^_^''

Speaking of translations... got a new one up! Sakurai updated a bit early today <3

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
SamuraiPanda said:
Nope, Sakurai definitely said "Metaknight dake" where dake = only. So its not a mistranslation ^_^''
Well, that is interesting. So points two and three are still possible. Let's hope for point two.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Huh. I'm assuming he just means he will reveal every character in the game officially, and not leave any surprise characters that one just has to unlock blindly (or look up on the internet).

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Hm. That's not what he did with Melee. But then again, he didn't do these kinds of updates for Melee. So maybe he will reveal the characters before the game releases.

Top Bottom