• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
SamuraiPanda, you've done such an awesome job transalting all that japanese and then you made that fatal american mistake "I could care less" WRONG! the saying is "I couldn't care less" meaning you don't give a **** about, please remember that, it REALLY pisses me off, sorry.

Some of that info sounded alright but the price was higher than I expected and 3 AO games, that's where he's out because as someone said they aren't rated yet and plus even if nintendo ARE trying to become less kiddy they wouldn't make games that ridiculously gory because no one would buy them, games don't want to be rated AO because A LOT of stores will refuse to sell them.

Also good to hear the game won't become ridiculously simple, I remember being horrified at the thought when I saw the wii controller and thought about smash bros, the lack of skill and I remember one article on the internet saying something about the use of 1 button, I nearly cried.

D1

Banned via Administration
SamuraiPanda said:
Also, there is a bit of Japanese culture that you guys should know about... Japanese people LOVE deep fighting games. The deeper, more complex, and more advanced it is, the more they love it. In consideration that the development team for SSBB were completly obsessed with SSBM, I sincerely doubt that the overall competitive gameplay will decrease. Rather, I'd think it would increase.
Thank you panda for you have silenced millions of negative nancies. I bet he probably spoke of the single player modes such as/ adventure/all star/classic/and maybe event mode.

We all know Sakurai wouldn't wanna ruin smash even tho he probably might take out some of our faves...right guys? ^_^

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I would also like to thank you Samuraipanda for the translations

I would like to ask something though. I heard somewhere that the site will only be updated one more time until 2007. Can you tell me if thats true. If its at another topic please someone direct me there. Thank you.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Idoubt it will only be 1 update, the thing is, he won't be updating with MAJOR things (i.e. Characters) Until around 2007 because he said he wanted to do the thing like he did with melee where he announced a character every week until release.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
http://www.armleg.com/forum/viewtop...nkmessag&sid=b352d219ae63108f948a3c8545381def

one area states......

Nintendo will reveal prices and launch date. A $299 bundle that comes with two Wiimotes, nunchuku attachment, classic game pad attachment, DVD9 attachment, wireless headset (limited) 2GB SD card, Wii sports game, plus ten free virtual console downloads. The $199 bundle to come with one Wiimote, nunchuku attachment, classic game pad attachment, Wii Sports game, &five free virtual console downloads. Launch date will be set at Nov. 10 2006 is revolution day.

wow, this seems a bit too much for 299 and 199. maybe its just me.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Panda, I appreciate your updates, but linking to a list of obviously fake ideas doesn't help anyone, it only confuses. That guy just made all of that stuff up.

As I've said all along, if something can't be verified by more than a single uncredible source, it's 100% fake. :p

*EDIT* Great Marth, the entire list is completely false. Nintendo will not make ANY AO games, because NO large company makes AO games purposefully. The money they would lose because the game would not end up in Wal*Mart and other huge stores wouldn't be worth the trouble of causing a controversy.

Please, use a little critical thinking.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
My bad. I just saw it posted on Digg and Engaget, so I figured I might as well see if you guys wanted to take a look at it. Should I just delete the link?

By the way, I'm having trouble reading Japanese text on this computer, so it may be a little bit before I can translate some more...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Nah, it's fine. The problem just starts when people start believing these kinds of rumors (see Great Marth's post).

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I guess should join the rush and thank you again for all you've done Samurai; it's appreciated beyond words :p

The list is basically a bunch of bull that points it out as such mixed in with some stretched facts, like Kojima wanting to work with Nintendo. THOUGH, Miyamoto's third project still hasn't appeared... Guys, he was supposed to be making a new franchise. I hope it wasn't Wii Sports >.>

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm working on an update for you guys that I'm sure you will all enjoy thoroughly. I don't have an estimate on when it'll be done, but it will likely replace my current first post ^_^

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I would have given up long ago after 10 pages of translating, if I even knew Japanese at all.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Another update? I can hardly wait. Seriously, I probably visit your thread alone several times a day. Thanks a lot for translating the squiggles to English :)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Jenkins: Spy Monkey said:
Another update? I can hardly wait. Seriously, I probably visit your thread alone several times a day. Thanks a lot for translating the squiggles to English :)

Same here (^_^)!!

TheSmashBro

Smash Rookie
Umm...I know you wont do this but Im gonna take a shot in the air.

You know that huge list in the Japanese version of the site? Could you translate that or atleast translate what the list is supposed to be?(Yes, Im so stupid I dont know what the list is...) Cus I saw Megaman in that list and Smith from the Matrix.o_o And something about Mother 3 as well.

Thanks for breaking your butt for the other translation though.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That list is in the Character room. "Characters in Sakurai's Poll."

It's a list of characters that Japanese gamers have recommended that Sakurai finds interesting for one reason or another. There are a lot of names on the list that definitely won't appear in the game.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So, I translated every single comment Sakurai made. Nothing huge to report, but it is definitely more complete.

What should I translate next? I could help out on the character consideration list if you guys would like...

My DS ran out of battery and I left my charger at my other house, so I can't play any Phoenix Wright tonight. I also left my computer at the other house, so I can't burn FF12 or Naruto Narutimett Heroes... So I've got nothing to do :/

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Hmm... I see Sakurai's also looking for "the common folk" of Nintendo characters, not just those who are already popular. Well, those common folk are gonna reach popularity fast!

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Man Panda, you've already done more than anyone could have asked. We're lucky to have someone this dedicated to the forum. News would be awful slow without this thread.

Although I cant help but feel left out because Sakurai isnt giving us a chance to give him our thoughts. I mean if Panda can translate Japanese in his spare time, i bet Sakurai could find somone to translate English. I hate being left out.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord

#201-210: Sakurai says in response to an email asking only for well-known characters (like Mario, Link, etc.) to appear in SSBB, "Asking only for popular characters to appear in Smash...doesn't get me excited"

#211-220: "The game isn't even finished and you already want to know the ending?" Another response where Sakurai is just being funny and playing around.

Sakurai is a funny guy.

Squatdog7

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad he doesnt only want super popular characters in the game. A few less known characters would make the game that much more fun cause you get to know a new character that you could come to really like.

Aurus

Smash Cadet
What the heck!

No online ranking system? The gameplay may move slower? THEY'RE FOCUSING ON EASINESS INSTEAD OF THE SMALL DETAILS OF COMBAT??
Sakurai, you have forsaken me (though of course I'll still buy the game).

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I mentioned this before...

What if this moderation isn't really how fast everything is but is instead the amount of time say a three-stock match will take. I dunno...You can do this if you tweak the multiplayer options and such but maybe he'll make it the default. I dig the whole idea of (if this is what they mean) having more than three (comboing, normal hit, and meteor) moves in the air.

BTW, thanks a bunch SamuraiPanda.

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
antpod said:
4th- "Another being a followup Wii title to the critically-acclaimed Kid Icarus. Will be rated M." LOL!!!!!! For those who have played Kid Icarus and know what its about laugh it up. (also Miyamoto only makes games that everyone can easily play, he is against making M rated games since it blocks out a majority of the market)
Disclaimer: I don't believe any of the claims boredtraveler posted on the MozLaPunk forums.

What is "kiddy" about Kid Icarus, huh?Tthe part about the war? The part about slaying hellspawn? The part about actually being in hell for a quarter of the game? I'd love to see an M Icarus.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Devastlian said:
I mentioned this before...

What if this moderation isn't really how fast everything is but is instead the amount of time say a three-stock match will take. I dunno...You can do this if you tweak the multiplayer options and such but maybe he'll make it the default. I dig the whole idea of (if this is what they mean) having more than three (comboing, normal hit, and meteor) moves in the air.

BTW, thanks a bunch SamuraiPanda.
I don't quite follow what you mean please explain, do you mean like the time limit set for stock matches? If so I doubt he would refer to something like that.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I mean tweaks to the physics and such to make untimed matches last longer. I don't really know how, though...I just don't see any reason at all to slow down the gameplay.

Sensai

Smash Master
Devastlian said:
I mean tweaks to the physics and such to make untimed matches last longer. I don't really know how, though...I just don't see any reason at all to slow down the gameplay.
As long as it doesn't become DBZ in the air (the air knockback and fly 10000 feet) or DBZ on the ground (charging up for three episodes), then I think we'll be fine.

Don't worry, they won't screw anything up too badly. And even if they do, we'll just go back to playing Melee.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
If the want to make the game 'longer' they just need to decrease the knockback in general, like half it or decrease by a quarter. That is easily a way to make games longer.

If they make do this and make moves themselves faster, we can expect a lengthy but fast-paced game. That would be interesting.

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
Devastlian said:

Online play. Less moves and longer times means an easier time to transport info for online matches.

I'd love to see an M Icarus.
Here! Here!

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
What I think they mean is that they may slow down the game speed a bit. Melee is MUCH faster than SSB, but for anyone who has played SSB online you know how extremely competitive it is and how fun it is. Therefore, them slowing down Brawl a bit to find a perfect equilibrium between Melee and SSB is perfect, as long as the character's speed fit well.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I actually think Sakurai said the gamespeed would be moderated to hint that it will be slightly adjustable. But then again maybe not. Meybe he just said it to comfort the person who wrote the letter.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I feel compelled to ask Panda... where did you learn to speak Japanese? Are you a native speaker due to your parents/heritage? Were you born in Japan? Or did you just learn it through school?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
UNKN{OWN}iXi said:
What I think they mean is that they may slow down the game speed a bit. Melee is MUCH faster than SSB, but for anyone who has played SSB online you know how extremely competitive it is and how fun it is. Therefore, them slowing down Brawl a bit to find a perfect equilibrium between Melee and SSB is perfect, as long as the character's speed fit well.
People are more likely to ignore your post if you talk with text that size, also ssb wasn't online

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Baron_54 said:
Disclaimer: I don't believe any of the claims boredtraveler posted on the MozLaPunk forums.

What is "kiddy" about Kid Icarus, huh?Tthe part about the war? The part about slaying hellspawn? The part about actually being in hell for a quarter of the game? I'd love to see an M Icarus.
Its clearly rated M for explicit nude scenes.

But to stay on topic:
FOr the advanced aireal combat, Perhaps they could have aireal smashes in addition to the regular aerial attacks? (tilts)
this would allow 4 new aerial attacks for each character.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
The major shocker is...... Pit is the nude one!

Ahem! Anyway Ariel smashes sounds awesome I'll look forward to that if they add it

Top Bottom