• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
He only revealed Zelda just before Melee was released, and then the secret characters about once a week after that. Hmm...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Don't count on it.

I wouldn't expect any new news about characters until sometime next year.

Consider, the game might not even come out until Quarter 4 of 2007, if it has a 2 year developement cycle. That means it could still be more than a year away.

I wouldn't count on any major news for a long time, possible at E3 2007.

gnosis

Smash Lord
McFox said:
Don't count on it.

I wouldn't expect any new news about characters until sometime next year.

Consider, the game might not even come out until Quarter 4 of 2007, if it has a 2 year developement cycle. That means it could still be more than a year away.

I wouldn't count on any major news for a long time, possible at E3 2007.
Oh don't mind him, he was wrong about Brawl being revealed when it was anyway... :laugh:

Edit: Yeah, I agree though. There might be one more (English) update this week, not necessarily anything major, and then I expect it to get cold for a while. Which is sad, but such is life.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Ouch. Burn. :p

Still, I stand by what I said. If Brawl really is over a year away, they're not going to release more major information this far in advance. E3 was their coming out party, now Sakurai himself has said they're going to spend time developing the game now instead of updating the site with a bunch of new information.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Watch, just to spite McFox, tomorrow Sakurai will announce Geno is in the game :p

But seriously, if he IS going to release any new characters, it'll be tomorrow night. Just keep your fingers crossed.

gnosis

Smash Lord
SamuraiPanda said:
Watch, just to spite McFox, tomorrow Sakurai will announce Geno is in the game :p
If that were true, I would put all doubts and worries about this game aside. Geno would be too good. Although I imagine him feeling a lot like Ness. He's got that tomato-head, stub-body, fairy-fella thing going.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I sure hope Master Sakurai will go out with a bang for his last big update for he focuses his devotion and passion on SSBB. Just have like a cast shot like they made for SSBM showing the characters they kept and maybe one more newcomer and then just leave the site as just having that one picture until TGS/Spaceworld where they give us a small update and another newcomer and then close the door again until E3. Ya, now that's marketing.

RisingKen

Smash Cadet
dotdotdot! said:
This is true. I suppose it was wishful thinking to think that the original 26 were immune to being taken out. Heck, only Ryu, Ken, and Chun Li made the cut in the transition from Street Fighter 2 to Street Fighter 3.
Don't forget Akuma.

I won't care who is taken out as long as fox is immune. I'm still looking forward to sonic, that would make everything work out for me.

edit: Metaknight's theme song as kirby's victory song rock version?..I'm not sure if that'll be too great =/

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
BOO, Sakurai!!! you didnt open up requesting in english.

hey, if Brawl turns out to be a failure, you think they'd re-release Melee onto wii but with online capabilities? or maybe cuz Brawl will be about a year away they should release an Online Melee when the Wii is released.

even though it may be unprobable...i can still dream... :)

usea

Smash Ace
incoming google translation:
It confirmed that the following characters will appear in new the opus of Bros Smash:
-Bowser Junior
-Ridley, the famous enemy of Samus
-Link version Wind Waker
Then certain characters will disappear:
-Ice Climbers
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Young Link

Young Link will not really disappear since it will be simply replaced by the Cell-shading version and its name will be always the same one.
The fans of Falco will be with the angels, since it as confirmed as the characters who do not test formerly that “clones” will remain but will be worked over again to offer a true panel of blows to them.In his opinion, the lack of interest of the fans for Game & Watch and Ice Climbers were obvious and it has to decide to replace them by Pit of Kid Icarus.
Pit should be the only one representing of the “old school” and the traditional ones.
It finally affirmed that the total number characters should approach forty, leaving place for about fifteen new like one or two characters of third editors.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
GaryCXJk said:
2. There are more Kirby characters implemented ZOMG!
This is hinted by the word "only". Or, it's a mistranslation, which can occur, but if you look at the sentence, "only" only makes sense with more than two things.
It's King Dedede. It's 99.99999% Official. I KNEW IT!!!!! HE IS IN!
Sakurai aknowledged the quantity of fan requests for this character. Mine included.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
HourglassMemory said:
It's King Dedede. It's 99.99999% Official. I KNEW IT!!!!! HE IS IN!
Sakurai aknowledged the quantity of fan requests for this character. Mine included.
Exactly on what I was hinting at.

God I'm good in over-analysing.
(which is a bad thing, hence, "over-")

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
SamuraiPanda said:
Smell that? Its bull****.
Bullnose?
Bullseye?
BullRedd?

Stupid word filters :p

Anyway, I wouldn't count on that being true until Sakurai has confirmed it himself. I personally don't think he would, seeing as at least WW Link wouldn't fit the overall style anyway.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
If Sakurai DOES mention other characters or ideas they have in one last gasp before he leaves the site for a while, it won't be direct: it'll be hints. 'Cuz that's Sakurai's style ;)

"One new fighter I think you will all enjoy has a killer whirling attack..."
Random Fanboy: "ZOMG! It's GENO!"
Come end of 2007, we all get to play Brawl for the first time...
Random Fanboy: ". . . it was Geodude, with Rollout. LAAAAAMMEEE!" *shoots himself*

usea

Smash Ace
SamuraiPanda said:
Smell that? Its bull****.
99% probably bull, yes. But it's being reported now by a lot of other sites who also translated the article, so I figured it doesn't hurt to post. I probably should have included some information on the source of the original article. But it's all over the place now, so it doesn't even matter, everybody is reporting it. probably fake, but hopefully not. I'd love to see 40 characters total and ridley (WTF..)

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
That's because one person posted it, some believed it and spread it, it's still crap, I mean ridley is believable but I doubt they'll add another link.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Technically they wouldn't be adding a Link but replacing YL but yeah... boolshiyatz

Ice Climbers unpopular?
Chu Dat uses IC... that's their fame. Unpopular, my foot :o

I'm still a little confused about the "easter eggs" thing Sakurai said...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Inferno_blaze said:
That's because one person posted it, some believed it and spread it, it's still crap, I mean ridley is believable but I doubt they'll add another link.

. . . Wolf Link could be in as a trandformation of TP Link. Thats my guess at another Link.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
TRC said:
Technically they wouldn't be adding a Link but replacing YL but yeah... boolshiyatz

Ice Climbers unpopular?
Chu Dat uses IC... that's their fame. Unpopular, my foot :o

I'm still a little confused about the "easter eggs" thing Sakurai said...

no. if he wants IC gone......then it dont matter if IC is the most player character.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
usea said:
99% probably bull, yes. But it's being reported now by a lot of other sites who also translated the article, so I figured it doesn't hurt to post. I probably should have included some information on the source of the original article. But it's all over the place now, so it doesn't even matter, everybody is reporting it. probably fake, but hopefully not. I'd love to see 40 characters total and ridley (WTF..)
Nope, its 100% bull. Reasons:

1. The translation claims to be via google translator, and attempts to imitate it through poor grammar. However, there are certain things that wouldn't show up in google translator, like the name the Japanese use for Smash Brothers would show up in katakana in slang saying "SumaBura" (Because Sumashu = Smash and Burathazu = Brothers, therefore SumaBura = Smash Bros). And thats just one reason of many others why the google translator wouldn't show anything NEAR the thing you posted.

2. I translate everything Sakurai says straight from the official website. I sincerely doubt he'd reveal that information to some news source outside of his own website.

Im sure there are more reasons, but 6 hours of class kinda takes the wind out of my sails.

EDIT: Ignore point #1, as the site translated was in French. All the more reason to not believe it (Sakurai speaks English, kinda, and Japanese...and translators can make mistakes :p). Oddly enough, I can also speak a little French, but not nearly enough to translate THAT monster.

usea

Smash Ace
I ran it through google translation personally and only changed Link verison child to Young Link and formatted it a little.

EDIT: Ignore point #1, as the site translated was in French. All the more reason to not believe it (Sakurai speaks English, kinda, and Japanese...and translators can make mistakes ). Oddly enough, I can also speak a little French, but not nearly enough to translate THAT monster.
it doesn't really say the radio show was in french originally, but considering how confused all of the japanese are that this would appear on a foreign page and have never heard of that radio show, it's very safe to assume it's total BS.

WiiPlaya77

Smash Cadet
yea, it sure doesn't make sense to be on a french site, but to get back on topic, can we expect an English site update anytime soon?

Aiser

Smash Lord
#221-230: Sakurai said that since you are able to do so many things with the Wiimote, maybe he might add a prank-like function [read: easter egg/CORRECTION: A better translation would be "gimmick-like function," maybe think about the C-Stick's inessential function to SSBM] to the game with the Wiimote.
This confuses me, I thought the game was gonna use the gc controllar? o_O or did I miss on an important update? lol

burrito

Smash Lord
Aiser said:
This confuses me, I thought the game was gonna use the gc controllar? o_O or did I miss on an important update? lol
Why can't it use both?

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ Well it seemed to imply that it was going to use the wiimote, I dunno I'm probably jumping to conclusions again.

Ark21

Smash Rookie
yeah its updated to 270, cant wait for the translation!

"hits panda alarm"

noo! hes offline!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Thanks for setting off the Panda Signal, guys. Absolutely nothing big in this update, though.

In other news, the DS + rain = not a good combination. I'm pretty sure my DS has shortcircuted... perhaps permanently. **** good thing the DS Lite is coming out soon.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Thanks again for translating, SamuraiPanda.

Lol Link catchprases? I always imagine if he talks he'd yell like his attacks.
"HEYYY I'M LIIIINK" I just can't see it happening... This is still kind of a weird update lol.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Omfg Yes!!!!!!!!

Link + No Talking = Raw Mo' Fugga!

Link = Nastiest Fighter And Filled With Awesome Juice!

Ark21

Smash Rookie
too bad theres nothing relevant this time

the wait has just started and Im already as excited for this game as for Zelda TP...

thanks a lot SPanda!

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
SamuraiPanda said:
Thanks for setting off the Panda Signal, guys. Absolutely nothing big in this update, though.

In other news, the DS + rain = not a good combination. I'm pretty sure my DS has shortcircuted... perhaps permanently. **** good thing the DS Lite is coming out soon.
Sorry to hear that my main panda man. The DS Lite is coming on the 11, be sure to reserve you one. That thing is going to sell like hot cakes on.....a **insert witty pun**. I reserved mine today :nerd:

Top Bottom