• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
The English site is always updated the minute it turns Thursday, but they havn't updated it yet, and it's been a while. I really hope they are just late with the next update.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Seeing as the Japanese site already updated with only a new bunch of emails.... I doubt we're gonna hear any other news.

Black/Light

Smash Master
SamuraiPanda said:
Seeing as the Japanese site already updated with only a new bunch of emails.... I doubt we're gonna hear any other news.

D@@@ nintendo!!!

. . . . Maybe we will hear something on the 9th (^_^)!!!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
SamuraiPanda said:
In other news, the DS + rain = not a good combination. I'm pretty sure my DS has shortcircuted... perhaps permanently. **** good thing the DS Lite is coming out soon.
Well if you want to tknow the DS Lite comes out June 11, but some retailers(namely Wal-Mart and Target) have gotten them early. Though it might help

Also it seems that we'll get to knoww the rest of the characters on one day. Hmmmm. Could be Space World or the Tokyo Game show, but those seem to early.

D

Deleted member

*sigh*

Tomorrow's the last day. I hope Skaurai continues to find a way of listening to fans, especialy from overseas.

Some of our ideas may never see the light of day, but I take a lot of encouragement from the fact that adding only popular characters does not appeal to Sakurai.

The hopes of millions rest on you, sir. Good luck.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'm thinking that my translation may be a bit off, or perhaps unclear. Sakurai didn't say that he'd stop updating the same day that the polls close... But we can only assume so since he didn't say when he will stop the updates.

Hell, for all we know, Sakurai will continue updating till he's answered alot more emails. I mean, the only effort it takes out of him is reading a couple emails (assuming other people choose what emails are interesting enough to get posted) and give one response. Some of his responses are only a few words at best!

Mark_zerO_onE

Smash Rookie
I personally think that the 26 chars in Melee should remain in Brawl. Justr me thinking out loud, I woulden't mind having 50 chars. ;) I mean, they should have more clones; that would help keep it balanced, and besides, some of use would like to play as Waluigi or Diddy Kong or Vatti, know what I mean. There are dozens of characters from the Mario universe that could be playable characters like the Goombas, Koopas, etc., not to mention, should-be -newcomers like Captain Olmar, animals from Animal Crossing, Space Pirats from Metroid, other F-Zero racers like Jody Summers, I could go on all day........ ;)

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Master_Sheik said:
Sorry to hear that my main panda man. The DS Lite is coming on the 11, be sure to reserve you one. That thing is going to sell like hot cakes on.....a **insert witty pun**. I reserved mine today :nerd:
SmashChu said:
Well if you want to tknow the DS Lite comes out June 11, but some retailers(namely Wal-Mart and Target) have gotten them early. Though it might help
http://www.frappr.com/dsliteavailability

I think most major retailers caught on though. I couldn't find it around my area @ Target, BB, and Sears.

They're already selling fast.

EDIT: When do the other colors come out?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Were not in the dark yet. The last update hasn't even come up. I assum TGS is a good time for updates, but a little too soon.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Heh, Link with a voice would be like having Navi tag along and go "Hey! Look! Listen!" every three seconds. :laugh:
I still wonder what characters Sakurai considers popular.
Oh, and thanks again for the update Panda.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Ahhh the silence... I think our next major update might be TGS... but hopefully we get a little bit more information before that... perhaps I'm being too optimistic haha.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Wasn't there supposse to be an update on 6/9. Its tthe 9th here and its 12:51 and theres no update. I might go to sleep soon, but is there ssuppose to be an update today?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Im gonna head to bed. If there is an update today, then I'll do it in the morning. But don't lose hope just yet, I remember times when they updated pretty late.

And maybe they are taking their time because this is a big update? I kinda hope they tell us 1 more newcomer before they go silent... it would only be fair :p

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
That'd be nice to have one more newcomer- or even better to have some of the older characters and one newcomer...and thanks again for all your work samurai...

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
What would be funny is if Sakurai announced a newcomer and it was someone who wasn't even mentioned in the letters.

You know, someone like Sonic or Alucard.

Really, I think Nintendo gets some naughty pleasure out of giving their fans a whirl.

[EDIT: nevermind =\]

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Thats it guys. The final update is up. Nothing really important, though.

Maybe I should have left it untranslated, so you guys would have more to speculate about :p

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah, I translated that ^_^

He was referring to how many copies that Kirby has. Since there are 26 chars in Melee, there are 25 copies that Kirby has.

Bo130

Smash Rookie
Oh, ok. I thought he talked about his copy ability in Brawl too. Thanks.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . . . . I don't think thats"the last update". . . . . Or did he say that was in his update?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Hey,wherever it says "see,xxx",can you possibly give us a link oh translatious one?Oh,and I love the idea of making Snake unlockable adds a larger sence of accomplishment.Also,he makes it seem the game will be much less competitive.Pased change,longer air battles(could that mean slower falls?NOOOOOO).Please have wi-fi,please have wi-fi

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Falco&Victory said:
Hey,wherever it says "see,xxx",can you possibly give us a link oh translatious one?
Not quite sure about what you're talking about. Could you be a bit more specific please?

Black/Light said:
. . . . . . I don't think thats"the last update". . . . . Or did he say that was in his update?
True, I figure it might be as he thanked everyone for their submissions and talked about wanting to focus on the development (he even said that there will be a period of 'silence,' as in silence of info), but I'll add a question mark to the end of the topic name just to leave the possibility of an update on Monday open.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Talking about Kirby, how can Sakurai NOT make a Snake version? He has to have the abiity to copy everyone. Also, I wish someone told him a suggestion awhile ago where Kirby takes on slight properties like weight from Bowser and DK or speed from Fox/Marth/Shiek.

It's great to see that he's acknowledged how important balance is.

GenG

Smash Lord
SamuraiPanda, thanks for this huge effort while the poll was active. Thanks a lot.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
Good work Samurai, This thread became a daily visit for me, and it provided all of us with what sakurai said in english we could understand, thanks again.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Thanks for all your work Samurai! On behalf of the staff, we thank you for your translations, chi :)

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks SamuraiPanda, they were interesting translations to read. I am guessing that the next big info about SSBB will be in Oktober.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Can someone translate this?

Kokichi sucks and should not be allowed in Smash Bros. because he sucks and is power hungry.

Ban? Who cares. :ohwell:

Top Bottom