• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
no proof is not a good reason it's fake!!!

it's a reason we don't know if it's true or not but "no proof does not = fake" that's the exact attitude that spams these threads until we get real information.

innocent until proven guilty

possible until proven false

Rakath

Smash Ace
What? Of course we lie, but I have no reason to lie about this. CB's source could simply enjoy messing with people. I'm not sure if you remember a few months ago, but it's apparent that people like to mess with other people by creating false info and putting it on the internet.
You could enjoy messing with people too. So you must be lying!

I remember all the False Prophets and the Fake Dojo, they were interesting reads, and would of been cool if real. Didn't put much in the way of stock about what they said as being provable fact, but was still fun anyway.

Its an interesting topic to discuss and think on, shunning it outright because an idea could be a lie... well, it means I should just discount you outright. ^_^

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
How about common sense? Adding two characters to the game would require extra coding. Not to mention the SSE would have to be changed accordingly to accommodate the characters. And if it were true, why, OH WHY, would we get them in the game right off and Japan gets them as downloadable? That makes NO SENSE.
who says they have to be includdded in SSE and sure this is a rumor but to just discredit it is dumb. remeber the 35 character roster every one thought was fake. people were like it cant be real why would R.O.B be in the game he cant fight. and guess what happend 35 character roster. well just have to wait and see. Things dont have to make sense for them to happen.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
honestly the guy the rumor is coming from has NOTHING to gain.

he has credibility to lose.

he has had inside brawl info befor.

it's like honestly if this is true or not this is not just some fabricated rumor by some fake prophet looking for attention, there are no more FAKE prophets, there is no reason to fake stuff anymore.

it's obvious this guy isn't just making stuff up he's had info befor he probably has new info now.

i'm not saying thsi is TRUE i'm just saying it's obvious he's not just flat out lying he's telling us this because he's heard about it from somewhere, and since he's heard CORRECT INFORMATION befor it's likely he's getting this info from the same source and therefore it's likely it's correct again.
but thats the beauty of the internet; credibility isn't an issue. They lie to mess with people, and if they get owned because the info isn't true, what's there to lose? They simply create a new account and start over. The purpose for them to lie is to dupe gullible people, seemingly people like you who think they have no reason to make stuff up.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
...And what? Starmen.net NEVER said Ness was out. Are you an idiot? They said no such thing.
They said Ness was out and replaced by Lucas. That is where everyone began their campaigns of believing that Ness wasn't in the game. Everyone believed that he was out because of that one rumor.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
He also knew about tons of Advance Wars stuff to the bone, perfectly on spot. I know who Tfox is, he's often talked about in Advance Wars communities and whatnot and is known for posting accurate info.

Ignore MookieRah, if he thinks that Starmen.net said that Ness was out and replaced by Lucas then he shouldn't even be considered to be a reliable person to talk to.
They said Ness was out and replaced by Lucas. That is where everyone began their campaigns of believing that Ness wasn't in the game. Everyone believed that he was out because of that one rumor.
Christ. NO THEY DIDN'T.

The only thing they said was that Lucas seemed to be the only main Mother character in Brawl because he was a starter, however they NEVER said Ness was out. Look back and tell me they did.

Here's a link.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Don't get your hopes up for Geno or Ridley. The only possible DLC content is the characters that have already been coded in the game. Unless there's a system where they can rewrite the game's data drastically, it won't work other than the seven characters in the game's data.
But why couldn't Ridley be playable? He's already a boss. He has a model, sound effects and everything. And doesn't action replay allow people to play with bosses like Master Hand?

See, my point is you can't give two characters the special treatment.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

I remember all the False Prophets and the Fake Dojo, they were interesting reads, and would of been cool if real. Didn't put much in the way of stock about what they said as being provable fact, but was still fun anyway.

Its an interesting topic to discuss and think on, shunning it outright because an idea could be a lie... well, it means I should just discount you outright. ^_^

EXACTLY!

people need to stop saying it's fake because there's no proof.

that's why its a rumor and not a fact.

espio87

Smash Ace
And if it were true, why, OH WHY, would we get them in the game right off and Japan gets them as downloadable? That makes NO SENSE.
what if the japanese version was rushed? did you ever think that?. and yes, there's coding of Mewtwo and Roy inside the game appart from their victory themes, but we don't know what that coding is, but exists a possibility that the coding was made for the Japan version to support Mewtwo and Roy as DLC. I'm not saying it does, but it's still plausible.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
no proof is not a good reason it's fake!!!

it's a reason we don't know if it's true or not but "no proof does not = fake" that's the exact attitude that spams these threads until we get real information.

innocent until proven guilty

possible until proven false
Hm, if I told you I could fly even without showing you proof, does that mean I might be telling the truth?

SETHMASTEROFPKMN

Smash Cadet
Ah, sounds good. I just hope that their FS's aren't copies of Marth's and Lucario's. =/

Edit: Looking at the post above mine, what if Lucario and Marth are exclusive to Japan, but Mewtwo and Roy are exclusive to the U.S. version? I guess if the two that are missing will end up being DLC, it's okay, but… Just throwing that out there.
about your edit... they would NEVER do that. Do you have any idea about how ticked everyone in the US/PAL would be if that happened?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
@if you said you could fly does that mean it's true.

no. it wouldn't make it true but it wouldn't make it false either.

learn logic please.

Rakath

Smash Ace
But why couldn't Ridley be playable? He's already a boss. He has a model, sound effects and everything. And doesn't action replay allow people to play with bosses like Master Hand?

Technically he's giving 6-7 characters special treatment (Toon Zelda/Sheik is probably a single spot transformation character), not two. But it depends on how much faith you put in DLC.

Its possible the DLC is just filling the gaps in the character code already there, if that's the case only those 7 have a shot, regardless of Ridley in as a boss. If the DLC can add full movesets onto a pre-existing model: The more standard AT and Pokeballs are fair game now, possibly Ridley and Taboo. If they can completely from scratch cast... Geno has a shot now, as do Micaiah, Krystal, and Takamaru.

We don't know one way or another...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord

Well you do have a point there. Ridley does have a model in Brawl and existing data, so its possible.

Not so much with Geno, though.
This guy has no credibility at all. This is ridiculous that people are still doing this fake rumour stuff.
For Christ's sake...

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
how does he have NO credibility!!??

he has leaked stuff correctly befor!

he has leaked brawl info correctly befor!

all the people on here saying he isn't credible are the ones with no credibility and no reason for me to beleive you.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
@if you said you could fly does that mean it's true.

no. it wouldn't make it true but it wouldn't make it false either.

learn logic please.
Tsk, tsk.

Anyway, this argument is pointless as, like I said, there is no proof. The only way to know the validity of this claim is to wait. I just hope none of you get your hopes up.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Wow... you are stretching things very very far if you think that I'm messing with people on this. Seriously... if you are going to be that illogical I'm just not going to respond to anything else you say...

I've seen soooo many people get suckered in by random rumors on this site and they almost always get disappointed. It's sad to see people so gullible, especially considering the kind of people in this world. People need to work on their BS radars as early in life as they can, because if they don't they will get screwed over.

@Luke Groundwalker
My bad, you are right. That said, a lot of people around here misinterpreted their info and believed in it as it was true. According to what is being said here it's a rumor that some guy heard from some guy who heard from some other guy who's had good info before. It's hard to validate heresay, and there are tons of opportunities for misinterpretation along the way.

Also... how many times has this guy been wrong about info? Has anyone tried to look into everything this guy said? I bet you'd be hard pressed to find much info on this "source" of information.

People are being way to gullible.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
ive been sitting waiting wishing you believe in superstition then maybe youll see the signs-jack johnson hahaha

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
tsk tsk..?

no honestly you don't know logic. logically if you say you can do something and don't prov it to me then guess what logically i have no idea either way.

however thsi guy is not just saying roy and mewtwo are in brawl. thsi guy is saying roy and mewtwo are in brawl. what i've SEEN to prov this is that roy and mewtwo do indeed have information on the brawl disc.

if thsi guy said i have inside brawl info. and then showed me that YES HE HAS HAD INSIDE BRAWL INFO he had advanced wars sticker info.

then AGAIN he said i have inside brawl info mewtwo and roy are in brawl. LOGICALLY he is probably still telling the truth, but it can still go either way without proof.

learn logic, you sound dumb saying if you can't prov it it's false.

NO logic says if you can't prov it it can go either way.

logic says if past instances have been true it is likely to be again but cannot be for certain.

sheesh...

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
NO logic says if you can't prov it it can go either way.
I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying it's highly unlikely. Judging from your posts you are thinking it's pretty likely that this is true, and I'm warning you and others that think highly of this rumor to not invest so much faith into it.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Where would they fit in the roster though?

I like what this person said, although it's hard to believe that 2 characters that People outside of America wanted would be taken out for 2 different characters:

MasterCheese said:
Edit: Looking at the post above mine, what if Lucario and Marth are exclusive to Japan, but Mewtwo and Roy are exclusive to the U.S. version? I guess if the two that are missing will end up being DLC, it's okay, but… Just throwing that out there.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
guys chronobound is a great guy, he wouldn't say it at all if he didn't think there was a chance to be true. I am not getting my hopes up, but if it comes true, ill be happy.

All you others out there should do the same thing

Nuvia

Smash Ace
papagenos said:
no honestly you don't know logic.

learn logic, you sound dumb saying if you can't prov it it's false.
Please don't resort to personal insults. It makes you sound desperate.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Even with that grain of salt, I don't know how to take this. I can see, if by some far shot, downloadable content is in this game, Roy & Mewtwo being in the game(s), but for some of the posters here suggesting that maybe Lucario and Marth will be taken out of the USA/EUR versions to include Mewtwo & Roy from the get-go...don't even joke like that.

Now, I don't know how downloadable content work, but shouldn't there have been some character data on Roy and Mewtwo somewhere hidden in Brawl (besides their victory music)? Like incomplete 3D sprites, in-game sound effects like grunts and yells of these characters, etc...So far the only thing we have to go by are their victory themes.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
yah if they replace characters Im going to be mad
Nobody said this. This isn't part of the rumor. There is no reason to believe this as it was just some dumb person speculating on a rumor. For some reason people have grasped onto this rumor of a rumor in this thread and it boggles my mind.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sakurai will be making his speech at the GDC on Friday from 10:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. PST. Ugh, looks like we will be having to wait an entire week.

Tachita

Smash Cadet
Why you guys don'y have a little faith, after the 35 roster rumor I believe any rumor, even if its really crazy, can be true if it comes from a somewhat reliable source.

And for people who say that he just revealed info on Advance Wars, well, nobody knows from where nyanyasa (?) or shadowXOR got their info?

They were normal smashboarders who had never revealed stuff, not like Markman or Reno that have had revealed stuff before, and they predicted things that sounded like nonesens nobody believed them, but they were right
So people, anything is possible!:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom