• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

comboking

Smash Master
i think this rumor could be true. i have a website that i always go to during school that isn't blocked and they always have the latest rumors. they have had just the major ones like the march delay and february delay about a month before it happened. they even have had the dlc thing for a while. i'm betting this one is true.
your school blocks stuff to what is the website called

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I understand what you mean, it just that you and some others dont show it, or just show it in some of your posts, and makes others believe that you are using it as a pointless excuse.
I don't see how I or Nuvia haven't been using common sense in "some" of our posts and not all. From what I saw we have been sticking to our stance that this is more than likely a rumor, and our basis for it is because there isn't any actual proof. If you or others believe we aren't using common sense, then I would ask for you guys to discover what common sense is XD.

I'm not against this theory, as I would love to see Mewtwo in Brawl, but I just don't see this being likely. It is indeed possible, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.
hopefully this was the cause of the delay if this is true but i'm not getting my hopes up
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the delay purely on NoA? If that's the case I don't see how this would have affected the delay at all. Especially seeing how the Japanese players would be getting this as DLC. I don't see how they would delay us a month just for this. From what I've heard it seems to be the delay being the fault of NoA not having enough servers to back up the massive amounts of people that will be playing Brawl online by Feb 10th.

comboking

Smash Master
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the delay purely on NoA? It might of been but they had to change the voices to american

Fats McRobot

Smash Cadet
Here is something people seem to be glossing over. Wii Ware games, especially, that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Wii Ware game. That game is looking to have above-average GameCube quality-graphics, no doubt it will take up a lot of space. If an entire GCN game can fit on the Wii's internal storage, then I don't see why it would be impossible to make a character or two DLC.
I'm not quite sure it works that way. The WiiWare Crystal Chronicles looks nice, but I don't think it is anything more than a miniature SimCity.

Actually, as it stands, DLC for a game doesn't work that way either. I don't think the Wii can do the patching required that the 360 can.

Its too much work for two characters that weren't that great to begin with. People only miss them because they're gone. I'm also calling false because if this were happening, the US would've gotten Brawl first, and Japan would get the added characters when Brawl released there. Then the US would never see Roy or Mewtwo.

Amarkov

Smash Apprentice
The Japanese release date was pushed back too. It was the 24th for a while. I don't see what they could do in seven extra days, though...

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i hope they are extra characters if they are in the game and they don't replace anyone, i like the roster they have

Revven

FrankerZ
I don't believe this one bit. Roy isn't comming back, We can all see. Downloadable cahracters? Impossible it'd have to be made into the game disk in order for the character to be playable.
Funny thing is, there are traces of their data as playable characters on the disk. I'm surprised you don't know about it seen as there's a whole thread about it... victory themes for both Mewtwo and Roy plus character data (whether or not it's the full data isn't truly known... at least as far as I know).

Stoo99

Smash Cadet
Jesus so many stupid replies

"I'll take it with a grain of salt, it may or may not be true" :/ This would be ridiculous if it was true, just Nintendo ripping off Japanese players...God deal with it they're not in

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Funny thing is, there are traces of their data as playable characters on the disk. I'm surprised you don't know about it seen as there's a whole thread about it... victory themes for both Mewtwo and Roy plus character data (whether or not it's the full data isn't truly known... at least as far as I know).
Speaking of, anyone have a link where I can actually HEAR them?

M.K

Level 55

"I'll take it with a grain of salt, it may or may not be true" :/ This would be ridiculous if it was true, just Nintendo ripping off Japanese players...God deal with it they're not in
Are you a complete idiot? Did you not read the first post? God help you if you aren't illeterate, because that would explain so much.

THIS FIRST POST CLEARLY STATES THAT JAPAN WILL GET THESE TWO CHARACTERS THROUGH DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT.

What a drop in intelligence these past few weeks! ^^^^THIS HERE is a prime example of the stupid replies.

Rakath

Smash Ace

So... Kingdom Hearts players in Japan got ripped off for their lack of Bonus Colloseum battles... to get Final Mix with TONS MORE CONTENT later on? Suuure...

This isn't ripping them off if, gasp, you READ THE FREAKIN' RUMOR! As it says, quite clearly, that the Japanese players get this too, via downloadable content. Just, read the first post before speaking.

Fats McRobot

Smash Cadet
Are you a complete idiot? Did you not read the first post? God help you if you aren't illeterate, because that would explain so much.

THIS FIRST POST CLEARLY STATES THAT JAPAN WILL GET THESE TWO CHARACTERS THROUGH DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT.

What a drop in intelligence these past few weeks! ^^^^THIS HERE is a prime example of the stupid replies.
You're the ****head, because DLC was proven to be false a long time ago. So, I trump your previous accusation of that poster being a dumb****head, and raise that you, good sir, are the dumb****head.

Sakurai barely got downloadable stages into the game.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Guys... Lucario can't be taken out, y'know? XD He has got an important part in SSE where he even uses his Aura Sensing and "ninja"powers, both of which Mewtwo doesn't have. If this is true then GREAT for Mewtwo, SUX for Roy.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
You're the ****head, because DLC was proven to be false a long time ago. So, I trump your previous accusation of that poster being a dumb****head, and raise that you, good sir, are the dumb****head.

first off, flaming only makes you look even more like an idiot.

DLC was never proven to be false. Where on earth did you get this?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Guys... Lucario can't be taken out, y'know? XD He has got an important part in SSE where he even uses his Aura Sensing and "ninja"powers, both of which Mewtwo doesn't have. If this is true then GREAT for Mewtwo, SUX for Roy.
*facepalm

Lucario & Marth ARE NOT GOING TO BE TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME! I don't know where everyone is getting this from.

Fats McRobot

Smash Cadet

Japan is known for rebuying entire games simply for slight additions. Square has proven that. In such a case, the US, and definitely not PAL won't see the new version.

THAT could happen some time down the line. But not DLC.

Stoo99

Smash Cadet

Thus they are ripping off japanese players, like I said and meant

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
heh, I think now you wish you've never shared this with the SWF, right?:laugh:
Yeah, I should have waited until Sakurai's GDC speech before saying anything.

You know something is wrong when GameFAQs is being more mature about this rumor than SmashBoards.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I love how people think Wii games can't have DLC.

Sure, you can download ENTIRE GAMES TO THE CONSOLE, but you can't download characters or additions to the games you already have...

M.K

Level 55

Next in the Smash World Forum Tour, we see the common n00b practicing the art of jacking off to his own voice. This is the lowliest of people, and does not deserve to be acknowledged in an intellectual conversation.

Moving on...

Yaya

Smash Champion
Intelligent insults Fats.

Now I must depart, I would have a battle of wits against you, but I don't fight unarmed men.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Now that this topic has pretty much devolved into a flame war, can we please close this topic until Sakurai's speech on the 22nd.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why people think Marth and Lucario will be replaced by Mewtwo and Roy. Both have important roles in SSE; they aren't going to take them out like that. If Mewtwo and Roy truly are in Brawl, they'll have no part in the plot, like Jiggs, Toon Link, and Wolf.

And furthermore, you people need to stop being so **** sure that this will or won't happen,. The last 10 pages consist of "God this is so fake" or "OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY ROY!"

IT'S. JUST. A. RUMOR.

People who want this to be true: stop getting your hopes up so much; it'll only hurt harder if it turns out to be fake.
People who think this is a rumor: stop trying to shove your beliefs down others' throats. Let them hope. How's it going to hurt you?

KCFreedom18

Smash Rookie
I don't see how people can say the Japanese are getting ripped off. They got the game first, we had a month long delay. sure they got one too, but it was only one measly week.

Stoo99

Smash Cadet
no, because they would be downloading them for free. If they were really ripping them off they would charge them for the download

If this DLC is completely free, then what exactly is the point of it being DLC and not just in the game in the first place?

EDIT: @The poster above who wondered how people could think the japanese are getting ripped off, I said that they would be if this rumour was true, not that they were right now

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Its more of a "we'll see" kind of thing as it is, so nobody should take this super seriously.

In response to certain people saying that it would be impossible, however, solely because of the fact that Japan would lose out on that content, there have been games in the past that included extra content within the American and Pal releases that went beyond the original Japan release.

Two examples that come to my mind are Final Fantasy 7 and Kingdom Hearts. In FF7, most of the optional Weapon bosses near the end of the game were included in the American/Pal versions, while they were absent in the Japanese release. Same thing with Kingdom Hearts, there were optional bosses in versions released after Japan's. However, in those cases Japan did eventually get the content, and in Japan they even released Kingdom Hearts games with even more content than the American version.

That's not to say that Smash is a totally comparable situation, I mean its two different companies thinking differently. And the way Japan would get extra content is through downloads rather than a rerelease, so don't start flaming about "why would they rerelease brawl 2 months after it was released in the first place?" or anything like that.

What interests me the most, should this happen to be true, is that if Japan DOES get Roy and Mewtwo through DLC, would that open the doors for more DLC for Brawl in all regions? Or would it just be some kind of system update that would "fill in the gaps" as it were?

YSM

Smash Apprentice
In the VERY unlikely event this is even true, where are some of you clowns getting the idea that Lucario and Marth would be REPLACED with Roy and Mewtwo? This rumor never suggested that at all. Wouldn't they simply include Roy and Mewtwo and keep in Lucario and Marth? Especially in light of their roles in SSE. Rumors on the internets, lol.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer this game without Roy or Mewtwo, the only character this game needs is Isaac and maybe Megaman.

espio87

Smash Ace
Now that this topic has pretty much devolved into a flame war, can we please close this topic until Sakurai's speech on the 22nd.
lets recap, just to amuse us of how much this thread devolved:
A reliable source informs of the inclusion of Mewtwo and Roy in the final US and European versions, the Japanese version would be able to download them later --> doubts wether the info is true or not --> the flaming to the OP starts --> if they would be added where would they appear in the character selection screen? --> stupid idea of removing Marth and Lucario --> transformation of the thread into "Marth and Lucario are only available in Japan! NO!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom