• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
http://wii.ign.com/articles/853/853748p2.html

IGN.com said:
IGN: We have to ask because there are so many rumors about this. Are there any hidden characters to come? Can you unlock more hidden fighters by way of WiiConnect24 or will you offer new downloadable content -- new fighters, for example. -- using the service?

Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.
DLC has been proven to be not happening, or there at least aren't any plans to do so, proving this rumor fake. Move along now, nothing to see. Tfox was full of crap after all.

Hound

Smash Cadet
Who exactly would be taken out of the Japanese version for Mewtwo and Roy? Lucario and Marth?

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Ah, sounds good. I just hope that their FS's aren't copies of Marth's and Lucario's. =/

Edit: Looking at the post above mine, what if Lucario and Marth are exclusive to Japan, but Mewtwo and Roy are exclusive to the U.S. version? I guess if the two that are missing will end up being DLC, it's okay, but… Just throwing that out there.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This topic is not needed, I say wait until Sakurai's and the Wii Ware's director's speeches at the GDC before we can call this very truthful. I only believe him because of his past history in regards to revealing stuff about the Advance Wars series months and weeks prior to official sources. He has also revealed information about Advance Wars content in Brawl before other people. However, posting this topic now is simply asking for a lock. Might I remind you what happened to NyaseNya...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
This topic is not needed, I say wait until Sakurai's and the Wii Ware's director's speeches at the GDC before we can call this very truthful. I only believe him because of his past history in regards to revealing stuff about the Advance Wars series months and weeks prior to official sources. He has also revealed information about Advance Wars content in Brawl before other people. However, posting this topic now is simply asking for a lock. Might I remind you what happened to NyaseNya...
Yeah, but you would at least think people would learn thier lesson by now....(admittedly, myself included.)

Vadorojo

Smash Apprentice
Ah, sounds good. I just hope that their FS's aren't copies of Marth's and Lucario's. =/

Edit: Looking at the post above mine, what if Lucario and Marth are exclusive to Japan, but Mewtwo and Roy are exclusive to the U.S. version? I guess if the two that are missing will end up being DLC, it's okay, but… Just throwing that out there.
There's no way Marth (at least) is exclusive to Japan—he's already been revealed on the American Dojo. :) I'd be surprised if Lucario were exclusive, too.

WeltallZero

Smash Cadet
Characters can't be added to Brawl via DLC, didn't we cover this already? Wii's DLC is very limited for games, and you think if this was possible it wouldn't have been advertised to hell by now?

~GregDang!~

Smash Master

Marth has already been revealed on the the Dojo if you forgot.

Edit: Someone already posted this. Dang!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Really? I'm intrigued... do tell.

About Marth being out, though, that's all but impossible. Look at the Dojo; he's already been confirmed for US release.
Marth is not being cut. He said that Mewtwo and Roy are DLC for Japan only. Everyone else will have them on the disc fully coded. When I asked him about the other Forbidden 7 (Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Plusle & Minun, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik), he said he heard nothing about them.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Lies. Ambiguous LIES! It would just make Nintendo look bad if they had exclusive content for American release only, especially with characters!

timbers92

Smash Apprentice

IF this was true, I wouldn't like having roy and mewtwo while japan got lucario and marth.

Rash

Smash Ace
Last time I doubted a "prophet" or "leaker" I was bitten in the behind shortly after.

All I will say is that I believe in the possibility of adding characters/content to Brawl via DLC.

solidpit

Smash Cadet
I'd bet my life that this is fake.

@thederrit

He said it wasn't dlc, and it came from Brawl Central :laugh:

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
The only reason I find this partially believeable is a prior thread. Does anyone remember that thread about a very important online function that smash bros would supposedly pave the way for in the future? if i can find it i'll link it, but it was supposedly a reliable source, and the idea of dlc would be a very important online function.

For the record I doubt it though.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Characters can't be added to Brawl via DLC, didn't we cover this already? Wii's DLC is very limited for games, and you think if this was possible it wouldn't have been advertised to hell by now?
I'm doubtful for the very same reasons.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
As much as I want to believe this, I find this very questionable.

When did Nintendo add Mewtwo and Roy to the US version of Brawl? Where would they find the time? I don't think it would be possible to add two more characters in a month. I mean, isn't the US version already finished? I'm pretty sure I saw them playing it on X-Play.

There's also the downloadable characters thing for the JP version. Are downloadable characters even possible? Does the Wii even have enough memory to store all the data that even a single downloadable character would entail?

TraverseTown

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure, because with Square, the NTSC version of Kingdom Hearts had 4 extra boss battles than in the PAL version. Then came Final Mix...

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
Tfox is actually a very reliable source, since he was known for leaking info about the Advanced Wars series months before their unveiling.
And he currently spends his time trolling the AWDoR boards on Gamefaqs, so uh lol

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Uh, guys. The US version is already been printed.

Sorry.
Yeah, they do, which is why this is only a rumor.

But from what I hear, Tfox is pretty reliable, and reviewer versions of games sometimes end up different than consumer versions of games, so I'd at least keep this rumor in the back of your head. 'Course, I don't expect too many people too believe this. Nobody really believed nyasenya either.

OrlanduEX said:
There's also the downloadable characters thing for the JP version. Are downloadable characters even possible? Does the Wii even have enough memory to store all the data that even a single downloadable character would entail?
Believe it or not, DL content is possible. It's more difficult, but it is possible. They're doing it with guitar hero 3.

And he currently spends his time trolling the AWDoR boards on Gamefaqs, so uh lol
care t' explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom