• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepe

Smash Lord
It was somewhere on their podcast. Some reader asked them when they were reviewing the game and they replied that they could review it anytime because they've played it so much, but Nintendo says the US copy they have isn't review-ready.
Really now? This is souding better and better for DLC Mewtwo and Roy. :chuckle:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I sure hope so, I'd miss Mewtwo.

Rash

Smash Ace
Don't blame chronobound, he did nothing. He's just spreading what Tfox is saying. If anything, it will be Tfox's fault if this is wrong. Chonobound is only a human, y'know.
Oh I know. TFox will be the one who's truly at fault.

However, Chronobound still technically put his name on the rumor by linking himself to TFox. Thus now if the rumor is proved false, he's pretty much an accessory to the lie.

Rash

Smash Ace
EDIT: Double Post. Why can't I delete? And WHY DO THE FORUMS ALWAYS SEEM TO **** UP WHEN I'M TRYING TO EDIT MY POSTS, OF ALL TIMES?!

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
wow this is intresting if this is true it would be pretty sweet. DLC is an awesome idea and gettin roy and mewtwo would be like the sprinkles on the super extra large sundae called super smash brothers brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I really hope this is true.

It doesn't make any sense without Mewtwo, and also, Roy was my main in Melee. I'd have to have my main back.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Stupid Teory. Unless it's true that the Japan Version already has them. So unles the Download only "unlocks" them. Then i doubt it'll happen.

PokemonLegacy

Smash Apprentice
Aha!

Sounds possible with a month delay and all.
Of course! JPN only got delayed a week because DLC can be added via updates, while USA's delay took a month to add 2 new characters! Theres gonna be a Poke-Overload in Brawl!
On the other hand, Prophets are back? God no...
Thats like some IGN n00b joining SWF and starting a thread such as: "Oh mah Gawd guyz! I haves info on Smash Bros 4!!!11!one.
All aside, i hope this is true. We'd all know it wasnt if we got;
Pichu, Dr.Mario, & Young Link as DLC Chars...

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Fake.

And here I thought the rumors would stop after Brawl was released. I must have been crazy.

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
I'm hearing from some people that you can't have DLC on the Wii? Is there any truth to this rumor?

Ricard_the_dragoon

Smash Apprentice
Don't you just love how people post here like they know without a doubt they are right? Anyways DeuceBlade, thanks for that link. I had been hearing people say that thw Wii could not support DLC, but I didn't know of any reason why not.

Rash

Smash Ace
The only reason DLC wouldn't be possible on Wii is because of the issue of space. However, even with such constraints there will always be a possibility of being able to add more content as long as it's small enough or can be transferred to external sources. Being able to play VC games off of an SD card, for example, would already solve a lot of the Wii's space issues. An external harddrive would be even better.

However, in the case of Brawl, I'm not sure about actual characters, but Stage Builder pieces take up virtually no space at all on a small scale. You could fit entire libraries of pieces on the Wii's memory and still have space for most other things you need.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Because everyone is denying it to be true, it MUST be so. =P

Oh, and DLC is going to be possible for the Wii, Nintendo just needs to show the third-parties how it is done first, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl & Mario Kart Wii would be excellent choices to start out on DLC for the Big N.

In actually, I expect the 35 character roster, but if Roy and Mewtwo appear, that will just be a good dessert!

dzlotus

Smash Rookie
I think a DLC is a real possibility for a number of reasons, chief being that the menu system seems to have been designed from the ground up to support changing numbers of icons.

The char screen for example clearly dynamically resizes based on roster size, same for the SSE char icons etc. This could easily just be to make development easier, but a lot of preparation seems to be out there for dynamic content.

Also, nintendo is going to want some big things to push when WiiWare really kicks into gear, and what better than brawl? DLC have shown real good profitability on the other systems, and I can't imagine they don't want a piece of it.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i like how everyones like FAKE! with no reason.

let's look at the facts:

1.there is mysterious deleted/missing sound tracks and characters files (the forbidden 7), the missing sound files contain victory themes for mewtwo and roy! weather or not Tfox knows about these files i dunno, but it is a coincidence he chooses roy and mewtwo the ONLY two of the forbidden 7 with those sound files and not say dr. mario...

2.DLC has been hinted at, i mean custom stages WILL be downloadable we know that.

3.Tfox seems very credible, he not only has inside nintendo info (advanced wars) but has inside BRAWL info since he knew some advanced wars sticker content in brawl.

4.IGN has not reviewed the game because the american release is "not ready for review".

now the only thing that says this is fake is an "it's to good to be true" attitude everyone has about smash. it's better not to get our hopes up and just except the game, why keep thinknig there's more? now that's a reasonable way of looking at it if you don't want to get disappointed but it says NOTHING for dsiproving it.

so i have to say things are looking up for this rumor right now.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Sounds cool, as long as the dont need to delay agian for the US version

Wrath`

Smash Master
and it would seem better if 5 characters instead of 3(kinda random) were secret door unlocks in SSE. we shall find out

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to get my hopes up. It would be nice of Nintendo to do this though. Kind of like an apology for all the delaying.

Rash

Smash Ace
Mewtwo with his armor would be pretty ****ing sweet.

My biggest concern about the rumor is: if the availability of extra characters from the get-go (and not from DLC) was being planned for the American version of the game, when would the American version actually start being printed and how would they have enough copies to go around?

Didn't they start stockpiling copies of the U.S. Brawl awhile ago?

It seems more likely that if Roy and Mewtwo actually are going to be put into the game, they'll be DLC for all regions, not just Japan.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Mewtwo and Roy will come with the U.S. version. Maybe as DLC, but I think some people have the u.s. version and there was no new characters.

I'm doubtful, but not ruling it out.

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
Great, you're going to get peoples hopes up, and when it doesn't happen they'll be mad at Sakurai that he "took it out last minute".

JackTheMonkey

Smash Rookie
The characters dropped in the Japanese version will be dropped in the English version too.

There will be no downloadable characters or content. No add-ins or last-minute changes.

I hope you guys get used to the new characters! ;)

volbound1700

Smash Master

My biggest concern about the rumor is: if the availability of extra characters from the get-go (and not from DLC) was being planned for the American version of the game, when would the American version actually start being printed and how would they have enough copies to go around?

It seems more likely that if Roy and Mewtwo actually are going to be put into the game, they'll be DLC for all regions, not just Japan.
Unless Sakurai planned to have them in all along... the delay could not be because of Mewtwo and Roy but Mewtwo and Roy could have been kept in before the delay.

espio87

Smash Ace

well, the real problem is that we don't know how much time it takes them to code in the characters. it could be a week, it could be a month. we don't know how Sakurai's team works. but still, I think they had time from the day they announced Brawl was delayed, so that would mean they had since January. I believe they had enough time to code and print the game.
also, Sakurai hasn't still justified the delay, he just said delays in the completion, but he never specified.

Rakath

Smash Ace
The characters dropped in the Japanese version will be dropped in the English version too.

There will be no downloadable characters or content. No add-ins or last-minute changes.

I hope you guys get used to the new characters! ;)
Now, here's a cool thing.

The rumor of Mewtwo and Roy is a rumor, no real proof to it.

What you said is ALSO a rumor, and has no real proof to it.

I will treat your unfounded statements with as much trust as the other unfounded statements. Everyone that comes in saying 'this is fake, I know its fake, because it must be fake' is just being a troll.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
i like how everyones like FAKE! with no reason.
I like how everyone immediately believes it when there's such indecisive evidence. I'm a man who believes only in the power of concrete proof.

So please, get your hopes up. It'll be that more devastating if it turns out to be a load of crap.

comboking

Smash Master
Roy is scripted in the game and that might be part of the reason it won't be out in america right after it came out in Japan. plus with your Wii points card could let you download roy and mew2

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Even if Roy and Mewtwo make it in they are hardly characters worth caring about. Roy will be a Marth Clone and Mewtwo will be a Lucario clone. Woot :/

Rakath

Smash Ace
I like how everyone immediately believes it when there's such indecisive evidence. I'm a man who believes only in the power of concrete proof.

So please, get your hopes up. It'll be that more devastating if it turns out to be a load of crap.
"A man who believes only in the power of concrete proof" would look at all statements without evidence equally. You are discounting the possiblilty without reason. Indeed, there is no proof for, but there is no proof against. I am not getting my hopes up, but accepting the possiblity.

"A man who believes only in the power of concrete proof" should do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom